Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Never thought I'd see Asuka go on a date this season but here we are. Not that I'm surprised but of course their date had some interference. It seems Asuka is still not good at dealing with guys.

Not going to lie, I think this episode was still hilarious from Asuka's point of view. Her mother is also kind of a badass.

Apr 25, 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverApr 25, 6:32 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 10:18 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to tsubasalover
tsubasalover said:
kajikaji's character'

Mizunokouji

See? It's not so hard, now stop speaking like a retarded bot, I beg you
Apr 25, 10:55 AM

Dec 2021
Let the stormy date continue.

As Mizunokoji retreats to visit Mr. and Mrs. Mendo, Shutaro Mendo and Asuka are left behind to their date. Mendo is worried, given Asuka's dangerous strength, and tries to come up with a quiet, demure activity where she won't end up killing him. Meanwhile, Lum hunts for Ataru, and figuring he must be in disguise, she orders all of Mendo's goon into a convenient moat to zap them unconscious, winnowing out Ataru's hiding place. This backfires when one goon goes running to report what happened to Mendo, and inadvertently triggers a panic attack from her.

She crushes Mendo's ribs, knocking him unconscious. Fortunately, one of Ryoko's kuroko shows up and "body-puppets" Mendo to take her elsewhere to continue the date. Meanwhile, Tobimaro arrives to spy on the proceedings, and is intercepted by Ryoko. Lum comes by, hunting Ataru, and discovers he is the kuroko puppeteering Mendo, inadvertently revealing his face to Asuka. Terrified, she instinctively launches Ataru away and goes running in search of Mendo or Tobimaro. By this point, however, Mendo's goons have regained consciousness and stripped off their soaked costumes, and the result is catastrophic.

I don't get why the staff favors Asuka so much, but oh well...

Apr 25, 11:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Asuka's speed makes even the most unlikely of events possible. On a battlefield Asuka's strength would be quite the asset lol. That's one way of repurposing equipment i guess. Her mother though was far more skilled than one would expect though. While i feel for Asuka her bro's in a similarly bad position in all this as well. Looks like its still gonna be a long road for Asuka if she wants to get better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 11:26 AM
Sep 2015
Asuka's mother is definitely the strongest character in this anime, but Moroboshi's HP is infinity.
Apr 25, 11:31 AM

Feb 2021
Asuka's mom gotta be one of my favorite characters in this arc, I love how she talks super formally most of the time, but switches to being rough when talking to Asuka sometimes lmao.
Also apparently we've been getting so many Asuka chapters adapted this season because they're some of Rumiko Takahashi's favorite moments in the Urusei Yatsura.
Apr 25, 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
A Stormy Date continues... Wow, I'm surprised to see the production value of this episode. It looked very good! I wish the other remaining episodes will receive this amount of attention to detail.

Apparently, some of Rumiko Takahashi's favorite scenes of Urusei Yatsura come from Asuka chapters. THAT'S why she got so many episodes in the Remake. It still doesn't make much sense to me. They could've easily abridged her story just like they abridged Kurama's first episode alongside many other episodes.

Asuka's debut episode could've been merged with Asuka Returns. Or Asuka Returns could've been merged with A Stormy Date. It feels unfair for a side character like her to get so much attention whereas Lum's friends Oyuki and Benten are left in the dust. But I digress.

This was a much better adaptation of A Stormy Date than the OG anime version. But it still had some cuts. Sadly, they cut the 2-headed alien joke alongside a few other smaller scenes which really disappointed me. But that's what you get when you adapt 4 chapters in a single episode I guess. I really hope they won't try to adapt this many chapters in one episode again. But still, it was way better than OG episode 153.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved Asuka's mother in all these episodes. Sure, she's an asshole parent. But that's Takahashi's trademark at this point.

The next episode is the debut of Nagisa! People are going to find out where most of the ideas for Ranma 1/2 came from.
0451Apr 25, 11:45 AM
Apr 25, 12:09 PM
Feb 2020
So, which is the worst parent? Ryuunosuke's Father or Asuka's mother?
Apr 25, 12:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another Asuka episode, this is so tiring. Asuka's mom either needs to let Asuka indulge in her brocon fantasies or have Asuka spend the rest of her life as a nun.
Apr 25, 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
Oh man the Mizunokouji family have never been my faves. Looking forward to moving away from their nonsense.
Apr 25, 1:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Lots of man launching fun with Asuka once again, things seemed to go okay with Mendou up until Lum started messing with the guards, and upon one of them taking off their costumes began Asuka’s rampage. And Lum tried being helpful once again by leading Asuka to a tank, well that tank ended up being new armor for Asuka instead, poor Ataru and Mendou didn’t get their hot undressing scene like they wanted unfortunately lol. And when Ryouko tried messing with the date herself, this was when Asuka and Tobimaro’s mom had to take drastic measures by chaining Asuka to Ataru, that went about as well as expected, very funny tho, I still think Tobimaro and Ataru being used as weapons is hilarious lol.

But despite Asuka’s protests to her mom and all that went down, things are back to squire one with Asuka sneaking into Tobimaro’s room and still being afraid of men, but hey then she wouldn’t be Asuka lol. As someone that really enjoys Asuka, I’m glad she got what she did in this remake if this is it for her, can’t ask for much more with how little episodes there are left. And it looks like next episode we’ll be meeting Nagisa, I’m still very surprised to see that character make it into the remake but that has me looking forward to it even more.
Apr 25, 1:45 PM
Jan 2024
I wonder if it's ever occurred to Asuka's mother that her daughter's fear of men is entirely her fault for not allowing her to be around any men including her father and older brother until she was 15. Like I get that this is supposed to be funny but I swear every time she's on screen I can't help but think "YOU ARE A TERRIBLE MOTHER"

Episode was fine overall though. Ataru Weekend at Bernie's-ing Mendo was hilarious. Can we please be done with the Mizunokoji chapters now
Apr 25, 2:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol Asuka's true punishment is to be tied to Ataru... now her brother is the one getting punished as well, only the mom can resolve this situation xD
Apr 25, 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
I can't stop laughing how much mayhem Asuka's mother will do just to not have any incest in her family lol.

I can tell why Rumiko enjoyed these chapters back then, what a blast.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 25, 6:16 PM
Jan 2024
Poor Asuka's brother
Apr 25, 6:20 PM

Apr 2022
this was probably my favorite out of all the asuka episodes, her mom is a scary badass lmao i enjoy seeing her a lot and the visuals for the fight didn't disappoint either.
Apr 25, 7:59 PM

Dec 2022
it is genuinely not Asuka's fault, she has a disease, a man hating disorder, a I-hate-men-itis and it's clinical. poor girl's body reacts without her permission, a victim! a helpless victim!!
Apr 25, 10:35 PM

Jun 2019
free my boy tobimaru he aint do nothing
Apr 25, 11:46 PM

May 2015
Mendo was doing so well until Ataru got involved! I'm glad Ataru got his share of slapstick because of it. Asuka's mom is quite strong in her own right. Must be genetic!
Apr 26, 12:39 AM

May 2019
Ataru propeller, Asuka the tank, more hammers and with this Asuka story was finished. If she got one more episode dedicated on her, I want to see her school chapter being adapted since it play less on her being androphobic and that's really refreshing. Speaking of which Nagisa would be introduced next week and I really want more beach episodes smh.

Apr 26, 3:17 AM

Dec 2022
Not gonna lie i can't stand this current arc
Apr 26, 5:17 AM
Aug 2020
once again

it was a funny episode

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 6:08 AM

May 2021
Bruh, Ataru spent like half the episode in Mendo's pants.

Apr 26, 6:26 AM

Jul 2017
Mendo's date with Asuka is a LOT of stress and pressure, while Lum trying to find Ataru within creatures, he's actually posing as a ninja while Ton is also tailing Asuka from afar with Ryoko, it's one hell of a mess where men are everywhere within the mansion. Asuka reverting to a near body armor, but Ataru being close to Mendo is not improving her androphobia, and to make matters worse, with Asuka's mother witnessing everything, now she aims to use Ataru against Asuka, which the latter can't quite take anymore of her suffering, chaining both her and Ataru together, with Ton's life on the line.

With Lum supervising both the blindfolded Asuka and Ataru, she has everything covered...but not even that can stop Asuka from running a fuse everywhere she goes. There's no way to run away from her troubles, and learning to overcome her man troubles is only the way to go. When marriage is on the board, that confuses everyone even more...but it's definitely back to square one for Asuka.

Oh well, Asuka's only love of her life is her dear big brother.
Apr 26, 7:27 AM

May 2015
Asuka is really one of the bests. She's cute, she's fun, she's badass, but she also have a great character development.
Apr 26, 8:07 AM

Feb 2020
LOL

This reminded me of a certain case that happened here in Brazil

Apr 26, 10:05 AM
Mar 2015
Those girls like their brothers too much
Apr 26, 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Not funny, didn't laugh. I can't say I hate the actual character of Asuka, but her one joke is impressively unfunny and I can't believe we've now basically had three episodes of it this season. And sure, the mum is kinda funny, but her abysmal parenting is to blame for all of this in the first place.

Hopefully that's the last of her for a while though.
Apr 26, 1:11 PM
Sep 2018
Gotta love the mother in this 😆😆😆😆
Apr 26, 3:03 PM
Oct 2019
It was alright, I don't hate Asuka but her whole thing always has me saying stuff like "girl please 😐" in my head (also Ataru please be normal around women challenge impossible)
Apr 26, 3:04 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Nikoslovescoffee
So, which is the worst parent? Ryuunosuke's Father or Asuka's mother?
@Nikoslovescoffee Def still Ryuunosuke's Father, at least Asuka's mom has a point
Apr 26, 4:41 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Welp, we're back to square one with Asuka as she couldn't complete her date with puppet ribs shattered Mendo, Couldn't defeat her mother in a fight since she's way too strong for her looks and the escape plan was a failure. Lots of fool deceiving, Tomimaru getting slammed again and again, and Ryoko being disgusted by him being a pervert.

Next up is Nagisa I guess
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 26, 9:34 PM
Jul 2022
Goku is nothing compared to asuka's mom
Apr 27, 4:36 PM

Mar 2017
This cast is peak just imagine Eren and Canute fighting for their sister while Levi is sneaking trying to steal both Tohka and Iris..... :,)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Apr 28, 1:38 AM
Oct 2019
Asuka shenanigans continues.

Now listen to me, Asuka Mother vs Ryuunosuke Father??
who gonna win?

Apr 28, 4:17 PM
Jan 2023
Onii chan... 🥺🥺🥺
Apr 29, 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
I love/hate the mom so much. She’s a funny character but her daughter is the way she is because she sheltered her from all men, including family, for the first 15 years of her life. Sure, it doesn’t help that the first guy she meets is Ataru but come on. I felt bad for her brother. 🥲 Poor dude constantly getting beat up.
Apr 29, 7:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mother is no stronger, if not the next one!!!!
kekeke
Apr 30, 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
Asuka's mother sure is awful but man is she a good comedy character.

I liked how they animated Puppet Mendou, by the way.
May 2, 11:45 AM

Oct 2017
The male characters in this anime really gets the short end of the stick. Couldn't care less about this Asuka bitch or Mendo's sister. The mother though, ultra strong.
May 6, 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
That puppetry animation of passed-out Mendo was too good!
May 11, 4:29 AM
Jul 2023
Episode 15 is a direct sequel to 14. Episode 153 of the original 1981 anime series, which in turn (interesting fact) is an adaptation of chapters 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 of the manga, the only series that is adapted from 5 chapters!!! It was as if I watched orig only with a new drawing and soundtrack and cast, which I can say for sure has become better, then we will see it only in episode 1 and that's it.
May 15, 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
The Brocons won't play broswap Ataru Weekend at Bernied Mendou

Asuka's mom scary af

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 26, 11:11 AM

Jun 2019
Man... poor Tobimaro getting the punishment from his mother for no reason. LOL. poor guy.
Jun 4, 9:54 AM
Nov 2022
Surprisingly now I do feel that Ataru's suffering in this episode is justified
Jun 7, 1:15 PM

May 2020
What a dreadful fucking episode. It's like you're on a loop with these insufferable screams, exposure to which more than a few minutes would result in bleeding ears. 

I really hope this was the last of anything around this one character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

37 by davidyodo24 »»
Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

32 by LuisSV23 »»
Jun 9, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

37 by LuisSV23 »»
Jun 9, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

62 by Hanraven »»
Jun 9, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

48 by Softhenic03 »»
Jun 8, 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.