Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 10:32 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
We finally reach the end, what an emotional rollercoaster and an unforgettable journey.

Quite a subtle and tranquil ending. The Pebble moved to their new home, Phos presumably becomes a comet and will be traveling through the universe and through time.
Apr 24, 11:58 AM

Mar 2023
the chapter's out already wha-!?
Apr 24, 12:16 PM
Dec 2021
Where did y'all read it?
Apr 24, 12:33 PM

Aug 2019
Now she can play her ps5 comfortably...

Apr 24, 1:28 PM

Oct 2017
My poor girl Phos's suffering finally ended. What a suffering journey with this manga it has been.
Apr 24, 3:03 PM

Jan 2021
phos and gang finally reached the land of the lustrous
woah
Apr 24, 3:18 PM
May 2020
I have never been more depressed in my life
Apr 24, 3:19 PM
Jan 2022
TanmaySpamzzz said:
Where did y'all read it?

It's out on Mangadex!
Apr 24, 3:22 PM
Oct 2020
Wow it's over. Incredible journey this has been.

Apr 24, 3:23 PM
Jun 2017
I can't believe it's finally over...

I'll never forget this beautiful journey of emotions Ichikawa crafted for us. I hope that Phos is able to finally achieve the happiness they deserve...
Apr 24, 3:25 PM

May 2023
I read this in 3 days. It was good. I can't imagine how it must have felt waiting years with multiple hiatuses for it to end.
Apr 24, 3:33 PM

Mar 2023
Wow. This series was phenomenal. A beautiful mixture of tragedy and hopefulness. I won't lie, it got a bit tough to read at times with my screen getting so blurry...
Apr 24, 3:38 PM

Jan 2018
To be honest this is the only manga ever that's COMPLETELY lost me... I guess now's the perfect time for a reread now that it's all in one package. The first half was a 10/10, the rest I can't even rate because of how much I couldn't keep track of aside from the really bad moon plotline.

8/10 for now, will never forget the beginning that's for sure.
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
Jan 2019
what a ride. Ichikawa can finally play her ps5.

HNK.rocks
Apr 24, 3:45 PM
Jul 2015
This didn't need to turn into a battle shounen hero plot or anything but yea it kind of lost me at the moon when none of the gems ever got revived, and the entire cinnabar plotline was thrown out the window.

I don't really fully understand the wiping out all pieces of humanity when humans were already divided into the the 3 lifeforms anyway.
Apr 24, 3:49 PM
Jan 2015
Reply to TanmaySpamzzz
Where did y'all read it?
@TanmaySpamzzz Out now on Mangadex
Apr 24, 3:49 PM
Oct 2017
The real land of the lustrous was the friends we made along the way 😃. But seriously, it's a beautiful ending. Phos is easily one of my favorite protagonists across any anime/manga.
Apr 24, 3:51 PM

Sep 2020
It's over! It's over so it's time to re-read it!
But seriously, I really need to read the whole thing again from the start because everything that happened before volume twelve and the ten thousand years long intermission feels like true ancient history to me now.
Apr 24, 4:05 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
i will miss it a lot
死だけが確実
Apr 24, 4:07 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to YoshiYogurt
This didn't need to turn into a battle shounen hero plot or anything but yea it kind of lost me at the moon when none of the gems ever got revived, and the entire cinnabar plotline was thrown out the window.

I don't really fully understand the wiping out all pieces of humanity when humans were already divided into the the 3 lifeforms anyway.
@YoshiYogurt
The gems were already mass revived (volume 12, chapter 95).
Apr 24, 4:08 PM

Aug 2021
i knew it was nearing it's end after last months issue but didn't think it would end the very next chapter. oh well. fitting ending i think
Apr 24, 4:10 PM
May 2022
It was an amazing journey. It could get quite dark and depressing but I’m glad it ended on such a hopeful note. Beautiful way to end it. I loved the whole thing and it’s greatly emotionally impacted me since starting it. I already want to re-experience it again. And watch the anime again.
Apr 24, 4:30 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Thorf
To be honest this is the only manga ever that's COMPLETELY lost me... I guess now's the perfect time for a reread now that it's all in one package. The first half was a 10/10, the rest I can't even rate because of how much I couldn't keep track of aside from the really bad moon plotline.

8/10 for now, will never forget the beginning that's for sure.
@Thorf might be alone on this man, glad you enjoyed it though
Apr 24, 4:33 PM
Feb 2019
gracias por esto , ichikawa
Apr 24, 4:54 PM
Mar 2024
First half of the manga was phenomenal but slowly lost me towards that second half. I think the end is well done except I don’t really get the whole “we can finally live free of humans” ideal, when, the beings at the end were showing signs of humanity. Is this the point? That we cannot escape humanity? Either way, I dislike the trope of “humans are bad always”. However, I’m satisfied with Phos and how their story came to completion. 8/10 for me!
Apr 24, 4:58 PM
Jan 2024
ichikawa...i kneel
Apr 24, 5:03 PM

Mar 2018
Second season when?

*a glass shatters behind me

Oh right, this is the manga discussion board.

I liked how the story went down. Enjoyed it a lot. Picking this up after watching the anime was a great choice. One of the few manga I chose to though it out despite being currently publishing. I feel empty inside now
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Apr 24, 5:05 PM

Jun 2021
I can't believe I'm going to add this in my completed list lol. Short but sweet chapter to end the manga.

Now, I just need to reread the whole manga to properly rate it.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 24, 5:07 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to diedforamir
@Thorf might be alone on this man, glad you enjoyed it though
@diedforamir This is an issue with the release schedule, and the strangeness being impossible to keep track of over 5+ years of keeping up to date with it. If I'm alone on this then the fanbase has to be one of the most obsessive fanbases on this whole website to keep track of that.
Apr 24, 5:24 PM
Oct 2022
Houseki no Kuni, plain and simple one of the best stories told not only in this century, but directly in the history of animanga, has been a journey of many emotions, especially a journey of pain, but, I have really enjoyed this beautiful story as few I have enjoyed throughout my life.
EngelsGreyratApr 24, 5:34 PM
Apr 24, 5:26 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to faerievii
First half of the manga was phenomenal but slowly lost me towards that second half. I think the end is well done except I don’t really get the whole “we can finally live free of humans” ideal, when, the beings at the end were showing signs of humanity. Is this the point? That we cannot escape humanity? Either way, I dislike the trope of “humans are bad always”. However, I’m satisfied with Phos and how their story came to completion. 8/10 for me!
@faerievii the pebbles represent the creativity Kongo discouraged—they sing and dance; they tell stories; they process emotions. Kongo fostered a culture devoid of emotion, evident in his dismissal of Phos' crying as a flaw. This is why Phosphophyllite is now finally valued in the new world.
Apr 24, 5:27 PM

May 2014
Am I the only one who extremely disappointed with this ending?

Phos sacreficed everything for the rest of the gang yet he was betrayed by everyone both Lunarians, Adamant and the Gems.... While they enjoyed themselves she suffered alone on Earth.

By the end she was left alone and this is the end?
She wasn't able to keep her promise, wasn't able to make up with anyone or even revenge for what happened to her...

This is just sad and extremely unsatisfying ending.
Apr 24, 5:59 PM
Jan 2021
The end of my favorite manga ever, this manga was a big part of my life and with its ending part of myself was gone

I got a bit teary when I read ishikawa's note.

Thank you ishikawa.
Apr 24, 6:18 PM

Oct 2022
what a ride to read (and reread). the story really inspired me to writing something like it. thank you ichikawa.
Apr 24, 6:45 PM
Jan 2018
Great. Actually peak.
Apr 24, 6:47 PM
May 2023
I hope they can brighten someone's day.
Apr 24, 7:06 PM

Jun 2020
It’s been such a treat to follow this manga for the past few years despite the hiatuses, I’ve enjoyed every part of it.

Phos is easily my favorite character of all time, just the way she developed and changed throughout the story was amazing. The collapse of the sun was an amazing way to wrap this manga and not seen in very many other stories.

I remember finding myself frustrated with the fact that Phos did not get revenge on the Lunarians and all the gems who betrayed her. But over time with all the breaks I slowly found myself aligning with her and understanding the choice to just end it all. Even if it was just to play ps5 I think the author did a great job at making the timeskips feel impactful and helping us connect to the manga.Farewell Houseki no Kuni 😔
Apr 24, 7:07 PM
Mar 2021
Can someone explain the ending to me? What are the gems in the flowers? Also what exactly happened to Phos and why is she a rock again? Who's head is that in the comet scene? So many questions with so little context
Apr 24, 7:10 PM

Nov 2020
MY TOP SCHOLAR WAS SO COOL!
it's been fun
o7
Apr 24, 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to RaidenHUN
Am I the only one who extremely disappointed with this ending?

Phos sacreficed everything for the rest of the gang yet he was betrayed by everyone both Lunarians, Adamant and the Gems.... While they enjoyed themselves she suffered alone on Earth.

By the end she was left alone and this is the end?
She wasn't able to keep her promise, wasn't able to make up with anyone or even revenge for what happened to her...

This is just sad and extremely unsatisfying ending.
I feel similar but not that extremely. The last dozen or so chapters felt like a drag, most likely to get to the famous number 108. I'm not getting a real closure here.
I still enjoyed the journey a lot.
Apr 24, 7:13 PM
Jun 2020
peak fiction, thank you ichikawa
Apr 24, 7:13 PM
Oct 2023
Crying and dying, but eventually, every story has to end. In our world nothing lasts forever, so we should enjoy the time we have and had. But just because a story has ended, doesn't mean it's over. With a smile though, thank you Ichikawa. Land of the Lustrous has changed me as a person.
Apr 24, 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
It’s over. I can’t really believe it. Thank you, Ichikawa
Apr 24, 7:37 PM

Apr 2022
well that's an ending alright. finally concluded, job done and last double spread was kinda neat.
Apr 24, 7:37 PM

May 2023
it's phosover, peak fiction.
ichikawa can play on her PS5 in peace

thank you ichikawa.
Apr 24, 7:44 PM
The Flawed Bliss

Dec 2021
Absolute peak fiction. one of the best pieces of media I have consumed. I will forever cherish this manga till the day I die. It feels so unreal that it's finally over now
Apr 24, 8:05 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to Avvenirista
@YoshiYogurt
The gems were already mass revived (volume 12, chapter 95).
@Avvenirista Yea it's evident I need to re-read the whole thing now instead of doing it monthly or whenever a chapter dropped
Apr 24, 8:58 PM
Jun 2017
YoshiYogurt said:

yeah I hated that cinnabar's plotline was thrown out.
Apr 24, 9:29 PM
Apr 2018
reading this was a once in a lifetime experience, thanks Ichikawa.
Apr 24, 9:34 PM
Jan 2020
I just finished reading it, and I swear I don´t know how to feel; weird, beautiful, and depressing until the end. It was a truly great experience. 10/10.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

7 by Dpsdps55 »»
Sep 11, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 54 Discussion

Catalano - Feb 1, 2020

5 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Sep 4, 9:03 PM

» Explanation of the ending?

UaEfAlCoN83 - Jun 15

6 by JaniSIr »»
Jul 31, 2:20 AM

» Volume 13 release date

Gemstone_Guy - Jun 28

2 by afx237v_7 »»
Jun 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 106 Discussion

Weebookey - Feb 24

27 by Amatsukaze24 »»
Jun 22, 3:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.