Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Those pseudo spirits, aka Nibelcole is causing alot of problems...

We did get a full out battle though so this was worth waiting for. Glad they didn't leave out much in ths fight featuring Shido's allies, Kurumi, etc. This episode even reminded me that Yoshino can be a badass when she tries. The kisses though. Shido didn't hold back at all and Nibelcole got destroyed LOL.

I think the battle involving him looked like a meme until the the real Kurumi joined. The clone just wanted to be useful...but what a cliffhanger, damn!

Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Let the war between Ratatoskr-AST-Kurumi and DEM begin, it's the first of a rather long battle.

Origami's AST team facing a dilemma before them, and regardless of DEM's orders, they're here to do what their mission entails, which at this point, they should know friend from foe and fight alongside the Spirits. Origami facing Artemisia (Mana Tobikichi) once again, and their feud has stood the test of time, and Elliot wanting to face Ellen, Karen doesn't want that.

The countless Nibeelcoles aside to leave Shido to tend to, he has become a rizz at this point to seal her powers since she originates from Beelzebub, a fragment of Nia's crystal. Regardless of their nature, Shido's kiss is a deadly weapon, which as much as it's hilarious and cringe to see him finally being a man, his power is for real. Kurumi joining him in the battle midway, still wanting his Spirit power to alter the Spirit of Origin, it's practically the reason why she wants him to experience life anew, while Shido wants the same thing for her. With her clone saving her from Nibeelcole's line of fire, their competition is on hold until DEM is defeated, and that's for the best.

But hold up...a Spirit's resurrection within Kurumi? What's the deal there...we're going back to the past!
Apr 24, 8:04 AM
Aug 2022
Shido just kiss Kurumi already 😆
His kisses are deadly weapons, he's a lucky one GOATED fantasy character for real.
Battle was worth it.
the ending......
Ricky16Apr 24, 8:13 AM
Apr 24, 8:06 AM

Feb 2021
Lmao I love this way of fighting XD. Btw it still hasn't been explained why Shido has spirit sealing power, right?
The CGI is ehhhhh... But it's a lot of characters with complicated designs flying around, so I can get behind that.
RIP Kurumi clone.
Wtf is that ending O_O. Reeeally looking forward to the next episode now.
Apr 24, 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
The 3DCG on characters is ripping my eyes. Especially on close ups. Simply awful. Even completely still shots would look way better.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 24, 8:16 AM
Apr 2021
I just finished the episode. I am depressed right now. About CG animation, it does not bother me , because they have improved since season 4. The 3D character is fully model. I got used to scenes as pacing was progressing , I forgot about all CG flaws until the f&king scene. Oh MY f&&king God I cannot believe they can do this in season ,noooooo
Apr 24, 8:21 AM
Jul 2022
The CGI was fine until the fight between Origami and Artemisia 🤢🤢🤢.

Awe well, gotta save the budget for Shido vs Westcott and the fights with Mio.

Also, I legit screamed when I heard the Garou voice on young Elliot.
Berch0Apr 24, 8:34 AM
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
It's time to take down Nibelcol.

Origami, Mana, Mukurou, and Yoshinou faced off against Artemisia, but she proved to be a formidable opponent against them all. The situation escalated when Nia informed them that Elen was heading their way for support, but Elen was intercepted by a rejuvenated Elliot. Meanwhile, some of the Nibelcol confronted Ratatoskr's Wizards, only to be rescued by Tohka and the Yamai siblings... with their sights set on Shidou.

As Nibelcol uttered words to the Shidou, the one targeting his heart froze, her eyes widening. In that frozen moment, Shidou enveloped her in his arms, planting a kiss on her lips. Initially stunned, the Nibelcol's thoughts raced, but soon her resistance melted away, replaced by a comforting warmth. Moments later, she transformed back into paper, dissolving into particles of light. Witnessing this, the other Nibelcol followed suit, vanishing into light particles. Kissing the Nibelcol was Maria's strategy to defeat them.

A Date A Live season wouldn't be complete without the classic Shidou kiss, and here we are, finally getting it.

Apr 24, 8:30 AM
Dec 2014
They are doing a fantastic job with the adaptation
Apr 24, 9:02 AM

Nov 2017
Shido being a womanizer as always, and that's the end of Vol 17 from Light Novel, next we will see Mio Takamiya Past Arc !!!
Apr 24, 9:16 AM
Oct 2023
excellent episode!

The cgi is better than last season ! The fights are dynamic, with funny moments, more serious, and origami/artémisia duel fun to watch !

But also so many events ! A really difficult ending for Kurumi, this is where the descent into hell really begins in this season.

Elliot, very CHARISMATIC on the battlefield!

Can't wait for the next episode, I didn't see the time go by. The season is finally underway, and what's to come promises to be exciting !
Apr 24, 9:36 AM
Jul 2023
The CG is definitely better than last season and ok overall, but some of the scenes are just painful to look at.
Apr 24, 9:48 AM
Aug 2022
Shido's development from s1 to 5 is crazy bro's a player now. I swear I really REALLY wanna see
Apr 24, 10:21 AM

May 2020
pretty good episode
idk why but kurumis personality feels so different compared to s1-s3

Apr 24, 10:31 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to rsc-pl
The 3DCG on characters is ripping my eyes. Especially on close ups. Simply awful. Even completely still shots would look way better.
@rsc-pl cgi is very expensive. Why do you think they struggle to make hulk films. Who series wants still shots with moving and a cutaway with random screaming in the background. Which boruto is doing. Also slime since they are just wasting time at it.
Apr 24, 11:42 AM

Mar 2011
J.C. Staff at their worst have done better job at Date A Live, than this mid studio, even 1 year gap was not enough to get rid of CGI.
Apr 24, 11:57 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Icebreaker93
J.C. Staff at their worst have done better job at Date A Live, than this mid studio, even 1 year gap was not enough to get rid of CGI.
@Icebreaker93 Their prolly just saving budget for mio's arc since that arc is the most important one just like season 4 with kurumi's arc being the most polished one.
Apr 24, 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
When the optimal tactical play is to send in the harem protagonist

"I would like at least three kids. ...That was my best joke."
"Yeah, you have talent as a comedian."
That dialog, man. Damn
Apr 24, 12:09 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Icebreaker93
@Icebreaker93 jc staff didn't even animate fight scenes u high. The tohka and origami fight had so many still shots and them dragging the characters across the screen.
Apr 24, 12:17 PM
Jan 2024
I hate the cgi but the story is good asf, I don't know what to score this time😭😭
Apr 24, 12:17 PM

Mar 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Icebreaker93 jc staff didn't even animate fight scenes u high. The tohka and origami fight had so many still shots and them dragging the characters across the screen.
@SpiderMiles3523 I Prefer still shots against puppet show, atleast low budgeted S3 didnt had ugly 3DCGI scenes.
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

Mar 2020
Holy shit this is turning out to be the best season ever just from the first three episodes! Light novel reader were right I really have to start the novel as soon as possible
Apr 24, 12:22 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Icebreaker93
@SpiderMiles3523 I Prefer still shots against puppet show, atleast low budgeted S3 didnt had ugly 3DCGI scenes.
@Icebreaker93 But then again they also adapt one volume in a single episode lol.
Apr 24, 12:27 PM
Nov 2021
Everything was good about this episode but the animation is horrible if you compare this episode's animation to the previous episodes
Apr 24, 12:41 PM

Feb 2019
The 3DCGI fights… it hurts my eyes.. that aside, really good episode story and character wise. The battle is finally underway and there’s no shortage of action in this episode.

“But they’re loose girls whose bodies are honest no matter how much they say no” lmaooooo what the fuck Maria cooked Nibeelcole

Shido’s development on full display in this one as well. Bro went from struggling to talk to girls in season 1 to just exuding aura and effortlessly snatching hearts lmao. Beating Nibeelcole with kisses and even rizzing up Kurumi mid battle, my goat.

“I love you and I know you love me” + the chin grab.. will they just kiss already lol. But Shido saying all that while kissing Nibeelcole made that moment even wilder. Bro is a PLAYER 😂

THAT ENDING TOO WTF. Just as Kurumi and Shido were reaching an agreement and we thought everything was all good, a spirit literally ripping out of her chest?? Need the next episode badly
Marinate1016Apr 24, 1:18 PM
Apr 24, 12:44 PM

May 2021
Kiss, kiss, kiss and if it's not working, then you simply aren't kissing enough - Itsuka Shidou, 20XX

Smooth criminal

Apr 24, 12:48 PM

Oct 2017
Shido the kiss monster, killing spirits with kisses and also confessing his love for Kurumi while at it, the entire sequence had me loling. Gonna miss that Kurumi clone. We got some amusing reactions from the real one again.

Looks like we are gonna get into backstory next episode? After that cliffhanger too.
MegamiRemMay 1, 10:59 AM
Apr 24, 12:57 PM
May 2021
yes I was waiting for the backstory this whole time and finally next week we gonna get it and it will probably be 2 Episode I think.
the animation is not good but still watchable and I don't care that much about it anyway since the story interests me more.
I can't wait for next week
Apr 24, 1:01 PM
May 2021
and shido was extremely smooth here
Apr 24, 1:03 PM

Jun 2016
This is called the progress of the main character.
Apr 24, 1:05 PM

Nov 2019
Oh Woodman, we hardly knew ye. The strongest wizard of history vs the strongest wizard of today

I am neither upset or pleased with this pacing, but the CGI can be jarring in close ups (background CGI is acceptable).

I liked that the S1 "freezing territory" was referred here. Yoshino's DEF is highest among the spirits, but you don't want to get ice breathed on by her either.

The cliffhanger was well done, because they kept the prior scene comical and lighthearted.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 24, 2:02 PM

Dec 2018
I have to be honest, I gotta stop here. I need to do a full rewatch because it's been so long. One of the reasons I prefer to bing anime that are completed or are close to it because otherwise your memory gets lost in all of the seasonal noise in between. That or I prefer anime with only one/two cour that are completed (like Vivy is only 12 episodes but is complete and beautiful).
Apr 24, 2:14 PM
Feb 2022
The CG definitely was... not enjoyable. But I'll hold judegment until the remainder of the season comes out. Best case scenario they went heavy into making the more important fights coming down the line look good and this was an afterthought. As long as that looks good I can potentially overlook this mess of an episode... to some extent.

Although I do think the animators and voice talents are self-aware of how bad this episode is and are making do with what they've got. When all the really awful looking CGI Nibelcoles pop up Kurumi says "Oh look, its the mass produced models" and she replies "Eh? Who are you to pass judgement" to the shot of all the awful lookin' CG Kurumi models. I definitely had a chuckle for the double meaning of those words, well played.
Apr 24, 2:24 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to JustInCaseD
The CG definitely was... not enjoyable. But I'll hold judegment until the remainder of the season comes out. Best case scenario they went heavy into making the more important fights coming down the line look good and this was an afterthought. As long as that looks good I can potentially overlook this mess of an episode... to some extent.

Although I do think the animators and voice talents are self-aware of how bad this episode is and are making do with what they've got. When all the really awful looking CGI Nibelcoles pop up Kurumi says "Oh look, its the mass produced models" and she replies "Eh? Who are you to pass judgement" to the shot of all the awful lookin' CG Kurumi models. I definitely had a chuckle for the double meaning of those words, well played.
@JustInCaseD
These dialogues were already in the light novel.
Apr 24, 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, Elliot looks really cool. That said... what?! What is going on?

When they said they needed Shido to counter the Nibeelcole, I didn't expect him to start kissing them xD... those flying kisses lmao. Literal harem protagonist power.

Kurumi getting all flustered when Shido said that they both love each other <3. It was hilarious how Kurumi called him out for saying that while kissing other girls xD.

Happiness and funny moments aside, noooooooooooooo...... not that clone :'(

Wtf happened at the end O_O

Looks like we will finally know more about the origin. I can't wait!
Apr 24, 3:25 PM

Mar 2017
B-BRUH STOP MY WAIFU CAN'T DO THE KAKYOIN CHALLENGE AFTER ALL OF THESE RIZZ FVCK U MIO ToT
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Apr 24, 3:29 PM

Jun 2023
Kurumi appearing was smooth, the ending.. not so smooth
Apr 24, 3:44 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Embient
Lmao I love this way of fighting XD. Btw it still hasn't been explained why Shido has spirit sealing power, right?
The CGI is ehhhhh... But it's a lot of characters with complicated designs flying around, so I can get behind that.
RIP Kurumi clone.
Wtf is that ending O_O. Reeeally looking forward to the next episode now.
@Embient cgi already pwns a1 pictures. Which is ironic since the production company is an indie company and a1 pictures is part of Sony and has like 200 employees
Apr 24, 3:46 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to StateofOhayo
I have to be honest, I gotta stop here. I need to do a full rewatch because it's been so long. One of the reasons I prefer to bing anime that are completed or are close to it because otherwise your memory gets lost in all of the seasonal noise in between. That or I prefer anime with only one/two cour that are completed (like Vivy is only 12 episodes but is complete and beautiful).
@StateofOhayo yeah this show needs a rewatch otherwise you would be lost at all the hints. Watching shows weekly is effectively doing so after you are exhausted after work or school. Which is different from a movie theater setting
Apr 24, 3:48 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to unmei_no_hito_02
Everything was good about this episode but the animation is horrible if you compare this episode's animation to the previous episodes
@unmei_no_hito_02 how tf. Cgi is real smooth and models well designed. They did cheap out on frames. It is already way smoother than overlord and no way comparable to berserk or ex arm.
Apr 24, 3:49 PM
Oct 2022
The story was good, the animation was a horror
Apr 24, 3:51 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Icebreaker93
@Icebreaker93 no you won't. And don't pretend to do. Boruto gets mocked for cheapened out on fights by cutting to sky and have the characters screaming. The cgi smoothness and modeling already makes a1 picture's shows and overlords look like a ps1 cutscene. They cleverly made it blend in more with the 2d animation, only thing holding it back is a lack of frames and layering.
Apr 24, 3:53 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to akirahiraga
I hate the cgi but the story is good asf, I don't know what to score this time😭😭
@akirahiraga score it a 10. It is already gaining a ton of votes and doing remarkably well on polls despite a fraction of viewership the isekais have
Apr 24, 6:07 PM
Mar 2022
NiaAlexandria said:
Shido being a womanizer as always, and that's the end of Vol 17 from Light Novel, next we will see Mio Takamiya Past Arc !!!

You just noticed ? , well me too but he’s different from other mc of harem anime i hope so that he’s different, anyways what a great episode and a cliffhanger i hope kurumi & others will gonna be okay
Apr 24, 6:15 PM
Feb 2017
cgi 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Apr 24, 6:49 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Abbyydesu
cgi 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
@Abbyydesu already way better than overlord and a1 pictures cgi. Blends seamlessly. And this is from an indie studio
Apr 24, 9:13 PM

Feb 2016
Damn, Kurumi giving birth in the middle of the battlefield goes wild lol

Jokes aside, Shidou is probably one of the most OP characters ever because of all the powers he has, yet he decides to fight throwing kisses, amazing.

This episode was good, but why is the CGI so bad? There have been so many peak CGI animes lately, but DAL has to keep using one of the ugliest possible :(
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 25, 12:12 AM
Mar 2022
WHAT'S HAPPENING?? Bruh gotta wait another 7 days for this to air. -_-
Apr 25, 6:52 AM
Apr 2018
oh no kurimi :sadge:
Apr 25, 7:03 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

Welp its time. or is it

And we end on a cliffhang. of course. They did a lot this ep, though I get the feeling

You know something is up when the preview is oh my.

That being said I'm kinda curious. Also well cliffhanger. I guess uhm. Still, we were kinda left hanging here.

We had some pretty big eps before but I think this is giving me the vibes of the end of s2. Also s4 mukuro's ep as well. But the stakes are even higher this time.

Looks like next time we'll maybe finally find out most or maybe all of our answers. Still kinda brutal though.

Crazy stuff going on. And it only looks even crazier next time.
A good question I had was what happens to nibe? Hmmm.
So many questions and yet.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

188 by Tropisch »»
Sep 14, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

135 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

54 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

70 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.