Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2023 9:20 AM
Jan 2023
traed said:
I can get why Eiko considered picking up the phone. When someone is trying to contact you two different ways at once then sort of just shut themselves in their room it can get confusing on what they are doing. Fairly tense moment for something so seemingly simple.

Wait hold up Ai just leaves and they dont give her anything that might help with the issue of any ghost that attacks her it gets deflected onto other people near her? No checking her travel path to make sure she doesnt pass bad haunted locations?

I dont know about that plan. Since the god is pretty defiant so it would seem naive to think the god would be cooperative as a mortal's spirit.

Most the humour in this show has been more just silliness not particularly funny but Yayoi turning to stone at the mention of school work had me laugh with the timing.

Nice to see Yayoi actually show some vulnerability and care toward Keitaro. I get that her unemotive demeaner is meant to make her herself creepy to viewers sometimes but I feel it is overused and makes her seem too unstoppable where it makes it hard to worry for her which actually takes away from horror elements.

The god is the one deflecting the ghosts, so they can't really do anything about that.
Sep 11, 2023 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
Their goals are set, time to work towards them. Hunt more spirits and make graduates.
Sep 11, 2023 3:14 PM
Feb 2022
In what episode do the Jizo statues that create the Jizo graduate appear, because I don't remember anything about them.
Sep 11, 2023 3:35 PM

Mar 2008
InNeedOfAName said:
The god is the one deflecting the ghosts, so they can't really do anything about that.

I was thinking along the lines of repelling ghosts from her before that would happen. Though they are attracted to her because the power of God too so not sure if they have a way to overrule that much force.

DavidM_27 said:
In what episode do the Jizo statues that create the Jizo graduate appear, because I don't remember anything about them.

They didn't show any of that. Nothing in the manga either.
Sep 11, 2023 3:43 PM
Feb 2022
traed said:
InNeedOfAName said:

I was thinking along the lines of repelling ghosts from her before that would happen. Though they are attracted to her because the power of God too so not sure if they have a way to overrule that much force.

DavidM_27 said:

They didn't show any of that. Nothing in the manga either.

I was thinking that was something that happened before or off camera.
Sep 11, 2023 5:49 PM

Oct 2022
So that's the process of making a Graduate class spirt and to think Yayoi already has 3 Graduates prior to the start of the series, and she even killed a god in the past?! This kid is insane.

Sep 11, 2023 6:34 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to DavidM_27
@DavidM_27 She only mentioned about the statues in Ep 2
Sep 11, 2023 7:14 PM

Dec 2022
Hmmm I remember that time Keitaro made the face of enjoying fear, haven't seen that for a while I thought they would explore that a bit more.
Sep 11, 2023 7:38 PM
Oct 2019
Let's Ghost!!!
Journey Across Haunted places in all Japan!!

Yayoi-chan gotta catch 'em all.
Sep 11, 2023 8:35 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to RawrOMG
That's a huge leap directly to S rank and how strong is that specter that took her mom anyway don't say that its even stronger than a God.
@RawrOMG Well tbf those ranking is base on online forum posts / normal people who went there, so they may not be all accurate.
The danger level is base on how serious the incident happened there, not how strong they are XD
Sep 11, 2023 9:16 PM

May 2019
Yayoi is such a mysterious girl that I still can't help but wonder if she's reincarnated especially now that she said she's defeated a god (wth?). Beyond that it was interesting how a graduate forms and her thinking she needs 6 of them to take down the god that's tormenting Ai. Sounds like lots of adventures ahead.

When Keitaro offered to take Yayoi anywhere she wanted I think Keitaro (and myself) thought that she would pick a place to get some food and/or dessert like a parfait and not delve right into a haunted area right away lol. Btw, it's nice that she thinks of him more than bait, I figured she'd say a good friend but a partner is also good (like a spirit fighting partner I suppose).
Sep 11, 2023 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Keitaro - Ill protect you my students, but im a cowardly bitch

Yayoi - Yes I know, Im the one really protecting everyone so stfu and listen to me.

Eiko - Im just a yandere for my Keitaro, I love that lil bitch :D

Ai - Uh wtf is going on, oh im late for my bros funeral hehehehe see ya!
Sep 11, 2023 9:55 PM

Oct 2022
If Yayoi tell you it's coming and get out, you better make a run for it as fast as possible. Don't be like Keitarou and ask questions. JUST GO!
Sep 11, 2023 10:32 PM

Dec 2022
So now they've got their plan of action, it seems that yayoi was pretty prepared for this. Since she already beat another evil god once so she just needs one more special spirit now, and now their next target to be an S rank haunted spot

Sep 12, 2023 9:14 AM
Jan 2023
wow. all of the locations marked and the big plan drawn out makes me question how many seasons and episodes there will be at the end of this series.
Sep 12, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2022
The graduates are insane and that was a close call for Eiko, I wonder what the others are like and hearing them consume each other was beyond freaky.

That touching moment between Keitaro and Yayoi was wholesome just to get thrown right back into the fray lol good luck Keitaro, because from what I seen in the ep trailers you’re going to need it.
Sep 12, 2023 6:34 PM
May 2017
yayoi assembling her A-team to take on a god and eventually kill the death spectre. I wonder what it was using her mother for, everytime it goes to that scene of her abduction i remember how sus it was

that death spectre prolly forcing her to bear his lil demon kids if we keeping it a band lol
Sep 12, 2023 7:18 PM

Aug 2016
Yayoi has the ultimate plan. She’s already defeated a god, made 5 more graduates, and is, at most, 12 years old? Now they have to juggle school AND travel across their entire country? Time doesn’t seem to be an issue in this story…Well, I guess they have until blondie is 20. I really want to read the manga but it’s still ongoing.
Sep 12, 2023 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode. I am loving we are now into the meat of the things. I may have to send an email about the subs at the end as I think that was a typo.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 13, 2023 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
damn! the music of Kohta Yamamoto really delivers this show as a whole!
so they gonna have to hunt a lot more "S" Evolved Spirits to battle it out with the god spectre of death! damn this is getting more hype!!
5/5.

Sep 13, 2023 3:56 PM

May 2015
Another good episode ruined by dogshit translation/localization errors. I swear HiDive can't go one episode without screwing something up
Sep 13, 2023 6:03 PM
Nov 2022
The anime suddenly got good 🚬
Sep 14, 2023 6:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit look at how they all graduated. Good master let her pet gets loose and be graduating, almost killing Eiko if Keitaro not moving his hand fast.

Well anyway, name of the last boss has been reveal. Spectre of the Death. Yayoi also owned the three other graduates which looks very cool by the shadow its all created, and one transcended jizo spirit with the same way like the others. Oh wow.

Three of em' can take down the dang god. But Yayoi needs one more to capture the lolicon god? Sounds good, my child, keep em' coming. Still, i can't believe how Yayoi lead the sweet bike riding moment onto the beginning of another freaky adventure ahead. Yayoi doing Yayoi thing there. Lets ghost!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 15, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2017
The war between Ai's god against spirits and humans have begun, and it's an uphill battle.

In Yayoi's room, there's much turmoil as the strong consume the weak, until there's only one left: a Graduate, whom the spirit calls them, and Yayoi has no choice but to subdue it because of their lengthened influences, charting them down a new path. Starting with the purification of Ai and Yayoi's room, Ai has to rush back for her brother's memorial service in Kyoto, while both Keitaro and Yayoi are thankful that Ai's god is the competitive type. The original plan to subdue the Spectre of Death , now went awry by Ai's god, Yayoi has to acquire more spirits to superimpose back the spirit of her room, and a single Graduate is not enough, not barring those encountered before.

This brings the trio on a trip all across Japan on a tour catching spirits and turning them into Graduates, with the one stone killing the two birds of Ai's god and the Spectre of Death. Lessons thereafter, Yayoi and Keitaro take a breather, though only now she thanks him for all the work and sacrifice from a bait to a partner. And as thanks, going to an unknown place, the opportunity presents itself as a good one, being an S-ranked danger spot.

Bad feelings, running through the veins...
Sep 17, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
This is getting even more thrilling, I like how its going right now
Sep 21, 2023 1:33 AM

Jan 2012
The first half was great. Loved the scene with the door, was pretty scary. The second half was your typical Dark Gathering episode.
Sep 22, 2023 6:29 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to vadoyager7
This seems like a really good set up for a creature collector RPG lol.
@vadoyager7 Right! The system this show has set up to explain ghosts, their heirarchy, and behavior is really interesting.

Sep 23, 2023 1:14 AM

Dec 2022
We going nationwide now, and now they facing S rank and above ghosts, then all of the haunted places the trio went might be around A or B rank only. I'm worried for Keitarou's mental state when that happens lol.
Sep 27, 2023 5:22 AM
Aug 2023
the graduates seem pretty cool. but seems like it's back to ghostbusting again
Sep 28, 2023 4:28 PM

Feb 2018
With that "graduate" ghost contained it looks like they'll be able to move onto Yayoi's plan of capturing more, but it does seem like they have quite the road ahead of them.
Even with the ghost's she has remaining, the journey they've got to go on seems like its going to be a tough one.
Sep 28, 2023 10:19 PM

Jul 2007
Aw, the bonding scene was nice with that backdrop. I really enjoy the calmer moments in the show. I think they do a pretty good job at capturing the mood.
Oct 9, 2023 1:25 PM
Nov 2022
I feel like I'm watching a strategy, pokemon and rpg game hahahaha, well we're going against God, nothing can go wrong now.
Oct 16, 2023 7:27 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was perfect to build up the plan to hunt sprits
Dec 28, 2023 12:28 AM

Nov 2019
That old castle place isn't somewhere you want to be in the middle of the night.
Something will come out.
Jan 1, 2:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice, it feels finally the real start, now they're going to defeat so many spirits across the country and collect the better one in the end by making them as strong as possible with the other ones, interesting! Already starting with a S-rank one xD
Feb 11, 10:32 PM

May 2015
If it takes 100 injured ghosts to get absorbed until you get a graduate, Yayoi and Keitaro must really be clearing out the ghost population of Japan! It really feels like the plot is moving with purpose now!
Feb 12, 8:10 PM
Jan 2023
So far the concept of the spirit was really creepy. 10/10
Apr 11, 11:23 AM

May 2018
Nice gore blood everywhere <3
Apr 15, 2:29 AM

Apr 2013
"Gotta catch 'em all", now it really turned into Pokemon xD
Jun 6, 1:02 PM
Mar 2019
Spirit hotspots are ranked, never knew that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

132 by ALUCARD47 »»
Today, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

110 by romzanalimohon »»
Jun 24, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

67 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

95 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

64 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.