Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
About damn time they figured out who the Puppeter really is. They pushed to be the Big Bad of the season after all.

We got a climatic fight for the season finale for the sake of the world. It was kinda epic in the sense with the stakes although I wish I could care about the Puppeter. A mixed show imo. I do think Naomi and Rouge's relationship is a highlight of the season though.
Apr 3, 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
The truth is finally revealed: the Puppetmaster is Roy Junghardt, Rouge's biological father, and the progenitor of all Neans, which Silvia refuses to believe that he's real in the flesh, which Hell Giallon is supposed to have killed him, but did not do so. And the entirety of the plot revealed of the Immortal Nine as his puppets to see if Neans can surpass humans, everything was all controlled by him, even following with Rouge's mother of Eva alongside her brother Gene but treated them like toys. Even with Roy being forcefully taken down by Silvia, his soul transferred to Cyan to continue his job as the Puppetmaster, the Neans' world is at danger. not if Rouge stops Roy in Cyan's consciousness.

With Naomi's id in Rouge, there is still hope that they'll be able to disarm Roy in Cyan by focusing all of the power on Rouge's phase to take out Roy, even if Rouge has to eliminate Cyan in the process. There's just no hope left for the world of Neans, and with Naomi's id input into Code Eve, the Usurpers begin their real intent of using Neans as their Junoid army against humanity, but that Gene had a contingency plan to stop with an antivirus program to rewrite Neans as the way as it should be.

What a rushed finale, it's clear that the plot is really big, but the producers got the short end of the stick of the show being only a season long instead of a 2-cour.

Bones, you got EVERYTHING WRONG with your anniversary shows. 2019's Carole & Tuesday is one, but Metallic Rouge is one to follow also in this regard, made by people who just don't get people for BIG brains.
KANLen09Apr 4, 6:53 AM
Apr 3, 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
this final ep was a letdown. metallic rouge? more like rusty crimson.
Apr 3, 10:30 AM

Sep 2022
I feel like this should have had 24 episodes instead of 13 but oh well, all in all a discreet original anime.

Apr 3, 10:32 AM
Jul 2023
Half baked writing, especially the characters story lack of depth ultimately the downfall of this series.

Why should one care about a complex plot when the characters aren’t interesting to watch.
Apr 3, 10:32 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Kast2
I feel like this should have had 24 episodes instead of 13 but oh well, all in all a discreet original anime.
@Kast2 Yutaka Izubuchi had said in interviews that he wanted this to be longer but the episode length got cut in half.
Apr 3, 10:34 AM

Feb 2021
Eyyy, deus ex machina lol
The ending is cool, but all Neans having free will now will definitely lead to a lot of chaos...

7/10
This was pretty okay. The fights were super pretty, but the story was eh.
Also this definitely flows much better if binged, rather than watched weekly.
Apr 3, 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
It's more of experiment, stepping out of the safe zone for Bones, but sadly this is step on the landmine.

Well, at least the song Crimson Lightning is a pleasure to listen.
Apr 3, 10:45 AM

Sep 2022
Yaoi4U said:
@Kast2 Yutaka Izubuchi had said in interviews that he wanted this to be longer but the episode length got cut in half.

So blame Studio Bones for deciding this way, I can understand that you can't put in who knows how many resources, but if you make an original project especially to celebrate the anniversary of the company (at least I read that to be the case), at least do it well.

Apr 3, 10:50 AM

Nov 2016
I will try my luck with Kurau Phantom Memory instead. I didn't this show, but I wanted to like it more :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 10:53 AM

May 2015
It's not that I hated the show, but it was completely uninteresting.

"No one knows what happens next..." - more like, no one cares.
Apr 3, 10:54 AM

Jan 2018
Pretty big let down for what was supposed to be a 25th anniversary project
Apr 3, 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
Pretty meh finale it was hard to follow the story most of the time and it could really have benefited from being 24 episodes and not 13.
Apr 3, 11:08 AM
Apr 2022
I thought it was under rated. I give it a 9 for personal enjoyment but realistically it's a 6-7 due to the production issues. Still hope to buy it on Blu Ray, some day. It's way better in binge form (and yeah, a confusing mess to watch once a week.)
Apr 3, 11:19 AM

Sep 2023
I really enjoyed this anime, and the final episode was a satisfying conclusion. All of the mysteries got wrapped up, and the fight between Rouge and Roy was great. Like many others have said, I feel that this would have benefited from more episodes. The story did feel rushed at some times, and I will admit that this final episode was mostly an info dump because there wasn't enough time to tell the story at a proper speed. Overall I loved the themes and characters a lot.
Apr 3, 11:49 AM
Jan 2010
They made the main character robot decent... then it went full-on FUGLY in the last episode >.>
Apr 3, 12:06 PM

Nov 2014
Usurpers have a secret master plan on top of Dr. Roy, 30 seconds later, nah Gene made an anti-virus and now all the neans are free. The End.

What shit writing
ChickenDanApr 3, 12:37 PM
Apr 3, 12:19 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Music and animation good, the other things were bad. Sorry Bones :/
4/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 3, 12:22 PM
Dec 2021
bad bad bad ending
Apr 3, 12:30 PM
Mar 2021
ChickenDan said:
Usurpers have a secret master plan on top of Dr. Roy, 30 seconds later, nah Gene made an anti-virus and now all the means are free. The End.

What shit writing

time constrained which Is a shame
Apr 3, 12:35 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Kast2
Yaoi4U said:

So blame Studio Bones for deciding this way, I can understand that you can't put in who knows how many resources, but if you make an original project especially to celebrate the anniversary of the company (at least I read that to be the case), at least do it well.
@Kast2 I don’t think studios decide how long a anime gets to be. That’s up to the production committee and TV station that airs the anime. Maybe Fuji TV wanted it be shorter.
Apr 3, 12:40 PM
Jun 2022
Anime of the year.
Apr 3, 12:41 PM
Jun 2022
This show wouldn’t be nearly as good if Rouge wasn’t a baddie
Apr 3, 12:56 PM
Mar 2023
The most blatantly obvious meant to be two cour show I've ever seen.
Apr 3, 1:15 PM
Jan 2024
the story mas ok, the animation was peak, for me 7/10
Apr 3, 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
Judging by the fact that the winged skin from the opening never happened, it feels like it was planned for 24 episodes, but something went wrong along the way. It's sad, maybe with 24 episodes here there would have been a properly developed story, rather than just bouncing around plot points without any proper connection between them.
Apr 3, 2:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay yeah, figures, the show probably just didn't have enough time at all to land and it can be felt across the entire run, especially in the conclusion here. A pity since the main duo and the production values were excellent.

Going to have to settle with a 5/10 here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2:48 PM
Nov 2020
This anime is the definition of meh, the story is meh, the characters are meh, the "deep" philosophy is meh, it's a disaster; what a bad way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Bones, the most redeemable thing is the animation and the soundtrack.
Apr 3, 2:49 PM

Apr 2023
One of the worst, if not the worst anime I've ever seen. Everything but the ost and op/end is absolutely trash. The story was so over the place and if that wasn't enough the characters are sooo generic and dull. Therefore this gets a solid 3/10.
Apr 3, 2:58 PM
May 2021
Terrible show honestly the worst show I have seen in a while. Writing was baddd.
Apr 3, 2:59 PM

Oct 2017
Okay ngl they got me with the Usurper part, thought they'd drag it to make a movie instead of finishing things here. Glad it's not the case as I couldn't bother to watch more of this. Good job Gene.

Typical mc getting power up to beat the villain and somehow they made the new form worse, her base form looked better. Naomi and Rouge became one which wasn't surprising. So they ended up like Aes and Alice with dual personality. RIP Silvia and Cyan. So they set free the Neans in the end after all, the most obvious open ending with the future uncertain.

I had really high expectations of this and this was the biggest disappointment of winter. Idk how they threw in so many cool concepts and made into the bland mess it was. Atleast it wasn't completely unwatachable due to it having some good action at times and good ost.
Apr 3, 3:07 PM

Feb 2022
First episode started off promising.
But man it fell off.
Apr 3, 3:35 PM
Oct 2016
Pulled a Wonder Egg Priority of "haha, what if we had a S2...JUST KIDDING...unless???" of a fake-out last minute development.

Also just did not tie any of it's Android Emancipation/Robot Programmed Slavery allegory well at all:

The Revolution is a Psy-Op, being gay SHOULD be the cure but the yuri chemistry is like banging two rocks together, Everyone is some how family but doesn't remember any of it except for the last ep BECAUSE.

It's Vivy Flourite Eyes at home, Bladerunner if Rick Deckard was a race traitor, I, Robot if you only got sentience from a brother complex, honestly probably one of the clumsiest an "X-men Racism Allegory" could get that is both patronizingly simple (Wow, you mean we SHOULDN'T shoot shota-robot MLK in the head?????) but astoundingly retrogressive (actually, Freedom through fighting is BAD™ unless we let the space aliens who made us inherently slaves lets us kill an Bill Gates).

Just bafflingly incompetent and no pretty designs could fix how limp the fights or dialogue could get
Apr 3, 3:42 PM
Feb 2020
Gotta respect Opera. She almost pulled the perfect hussle and when it didnt work, she took that L like a champ.

All n all this was a so and so series, not bad (the animation and character design was excelent) but the story felt like a sequel to another series that was never aired.

Maybe it will be better on a second watch (or worse who knows)

For now it's a 6.5/7 for me.
Apr 3, 3:49 PM

May 2019
While the storyline was confusing and messy at times I think I got the jist of it but unfortunately, as others have said, this needed more episodes to flesh out the storyline better.

Regardless, I still mostly enjoyed watching this and the ending with Naomi and Rouge combining into one body with Cyan rejecting Roy in her body and indirectly helping Naomi and Rouge out was well done. Although the bit at the end with an antivirus conveniently being made as the neans were infected was odd to say the least, that was definitely rushed. 7/10
Apr 3, 4:58 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Yaoi4U
@Yaoi4U source bro? Where was the interview?
Apr 3, 5:25 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Ojisanbaka1
@Yaoi4U source bro? Where was the interview?
@Ojisanbaka1 it’s in Japanese but here you go:

https://metallicrouge.jp/news/240306_01.html

https://twitter.com/Rei_eiiii8/status/1765924465182195953

Apr 3, 5:28 PM

Sep 2022
Hahah, the ending is literally just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 'IDFK figure our what happens next yourself!" - Yua Serufu style
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 3, 5:33 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Embient
Eyyy, deus ex machina lol
The ending is cool, but all Neans having free will now will definitely lead to a lot of chaos...

7/10
This was pretty okay. The fights were super pretty, but the story was eh.
Also this definitely flows much better if binged, rather than watched weekly.
@Embient Could not have said it any better, the battle-sakuga and the battle suit designs could only take this show so far. Really should've had more fun with itself than it did.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 3, 5:42 PM

Jul 2019
This finale was... a bit rushed and poor explained (like all the season has been). I really liked the courage of the productor / writters for putting SO MANY PLOT TWISTS in a single show of 13 episodes. Each episode was like all our knowledge of the plot, world building, characters and developing were crushed and rebuild ever single time.

The final merge of Rouge and Naomi is brilliant and WTF in same intensity, but i like the result of they sharing the body and mind, but not the soul and personality. The bird become the Naomi "external voice" is a reasonable way of not erased the character from the show's world. The final antagonist was one character who we previously knew almost nothing, so it was a decent way to insert an villain who will die in the same episode.

in resume: is a decent Original show (but Buddy Daddies of Winter season's last year was waaaaaay better than Mettalic Rouge)
Apr 3, 5:52 PM
May 2023
The fight scene in the last episode was decent and the world seemed cool, but I would have preferred any other character's mundane story over that convoluted mess of a plot that is left largely unexplained.
Apr 3, 6:02 PM
Nov 2020
honestly, this show feels kind of rushed, especially the end of it.
When I first started watching, it was kind of cool, but after about 4 episodes, I kind of lost interest on it until the last like 4 chapters.
It's pretty average, like a 3.5/10, maybe like a 4/10 max
SanxerApr 3, 6:09 PM
Apr 3, 6:07 PM
Nov 2020
Sanxer said:
honestly, this show feels kind of rushed, especially the end of it.
When I first started watching, it was kind of cool, but after about 4 episodes, I kind of lost interest on it until the last like 4 chapters.
It's pretty average, like a 3/10, maybe like a 4/10 max

Also, after reading that this was a 25-year anniversary anime, this was really disappointing
Apr 3, 6:32 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a very good Science Fiction series! My criticism is 13 episodes were few to develop the story; 24 would be perfect. Story is fundamentally done; therefore, there is no need for more seasons unless the will to milk the cow more than it is capable to comes from Hell to Earth.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 3, 6:44 PM

Nov 2023
It had so much potential, and it went down the drain.

The writing is just not that great. It was rushed, and it really did the show dirty. The visuals and music are still great, but I really wish the writing was better.
Apr 3, 6:45 PM
Dec 2014
I... this was a BONES production, right? Everything, down to the finale, felt so TRIGGER. Aliens? Check. Rushed finale? Check. Great first half, okay second half? Check. All it was missing was a giant waifu.

The villain reveal was incredibly predictable, granted. So many threads went unanswered, and to end it on such a huge game-changing twist is just so stupid. Like, why? If this was a two-cour series, it would be fine. Tons of hype going into the second half. Instead, Cyan dies and Rouge cries for all of five seconds and then decides Nean uprisiings are tight. Oops! We accidentally'd a Terminator. Oh, but Gene actually un-Terminator'd everything by having clairvoyance and then... hacking a solution? Is advanced alien technology just made of stupid?

God, the more I think about it, the more this finale pisses me off. Everything was just so rushed and stupid.
SentiOnikawaApr 3, 7:25 PM
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Apr 3, 7:35 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Yaoi4U
Yaoi4U said:
Yutaka Izubuchi had said in interviews that he wanted this to be longer but the episode length got cut in half.

Then re-work the story to fit into the new episode count, Bones! :(

Can you tell me what exactly might have happened here? Is it common for the episode count to be changed/finalized mid-production? I assumed the number of episodes is already decided at the time a production is greenlit, and a budget is set according to the episode count.

Why couldn't they fix up the story so that it flows better and some of the clutter is removed? Is this the end result of that process? I don't think they've done a good job of it then, because this still ended up feeling overstuffed and disjointed.

The finale managed to wrap it up better than I expected, but the anime as a whole was a major disappointment.
Apr 3, 8:34 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to perseii
Yaoi4U said:
Yutaka Izubuchi had said in interviews that he wanted this to be longer but the episode length got cut in half.

Then re-work the story to fit into the new episode count, Bones! :(

Can you tell me what exactly might have happened here? Is it common for the episode count to be changed/finalized mid-production? I assumed the number of episodes is already decided at the time a production is greenlit, and a budget is set according to the episode count.

Why couldn't they fix up the story so that it flows better and some of the clutter is removed? Is this the end result of that process? I don't think they've done a good job of it then, because this still ended up feeling overstuffed and disjointed.

The finale managed to wrap it up better than I expected, but the anime as a whole was a major disappointment.
perseii said:
Why couldn't they fix up the story so that it flows better and some of the clutter is removed?

I don't know if you have ever tried writing, but you can't just write one on a wimp. It's a long process, and fundamentally changing the entire plot would take a very long time.

It's not something you can do half way through production, and is about as much of a headache as having to redo animation.

That obviously doesn't apply to every story, but this one clearly has a well thought out world, interconnected plot lines, and many different characters with different motivations, fundamentally changing it would be extremely difficult and time consuming.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 3, 8:35 PM
Jan 2024
uncertain ending it is not known what happened to Naomi if she permanently broke up with Rouge or what and.....
Apr 3, 8:46 PM

Jul 2008
A rushed convoluted ending with quick deaths, shallow characters, a makeshift wrap up ending......what had a lot of promise just became a microwaved mess.

5/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27

39 by DisposableHeroB »»
Jun 2, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7

100 by red1130 »»
May 29, 4:06 PM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

23 by tanjim_ahsan16 »»
May 28, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.