Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 20, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes that demotion. At least it wasn't a blow out loss but still a tough one to swallow.

They also gave Horikita a lot of confidence this episode and allowing her to be more open with others. Feels like her personality had evolved more this season and she has a leadership-like aura around her.
Mar 20, 6:57 AM

May 2020
Well, from an outsider’s perspective, they’ll still be class D, so one could say they haven't improved at all since the start of this year, but I mean that is not completely true. They managed to expel the dirt which was Yamauchi, so that’s plenty of development right there. Though like one could guess, they always just barely touch upon things which they skip firsthand…

… a one-minute recap of class B and Class D match and that’s it lol. Anyways, I liked that we did get the conversation between Ayanokouji, Sakanayagi, Chabashira and that class A teacher, but hey, not like telling them anything about Tsukishiro would change something, so these people have a tough going forward. But yeah again, it was that way since the start lol.

Got the graduation ceremony and Manabu’s farewell, and quite honestly this was the highlight of the last volume. Horikita has changed, for better, and I mean she should as well, after however and whatever lengths Ayanokouji went for her. Not the biggest fan of this unnecessarily complicated relationship between Horikita siblings but glad they reconciled, or more like Manabu did.

Also, the fact that someone has developed is quite easy to notice in the world of anime as, “CUTTING YOUR HAIRS = CHARACTAH DEVELOPMENT”, lmaooo.

They played the very first opening or was it the ending, not sure, but they did. This really kind of marks the end of first year.

Can't exactly recall but very little of last volume is remaining, so I'm guessing we could get a glance of second year too in the next episode.
Mar 20, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Back to Class D it is, lol.

Following the results of the final special exam, Ayanokoji and the others who narrowly missed Class A were once again demoted to Class D. However, the students had made steady progress throughout the year. In particular, Horikita demonstrated growth as a leader by actively listening to classmates' opinions and even proposing to Ichinose the dissolution of their cooperative relationship with Class B, whom they would eventually have to defeat.

A lot has happened in these 37 episodes since we first saw Ayanokoji step off that bus and start his journey. It's crazy to think about how much the characters have changed since then. Take Horikita, for example. In the beginning, she couldn't even smile, but now she's all smiles, thanks mostly to Ayanokoji. It was nice to see her shine in this episode after being sidelined for so long. She looks so cute with her new haircut. The haircut symbolizes her determination to be her own person and stop following her brother's footsteps. The final scene was great, especially when they started to play the first opening again... It hit me in the feels

Manabu, don't worry about Horikita. She's in good hands. You've done a great job over these three years.

Mar 20, 6:58 AM

Apr 2021
Well with this we are pretty close to the conclusion of Year 1. Suzune's new look was the main highlight of this episode. She looks way better now.

Also, it was good to see both siblings finally come to an understanding.

One more episode to go I guess. Looking forward to the finale!!!
Joel77Mar 20, 7:04 AM
Mar 20, 7:03 AM

Jan 2020
The "unexpected" class demotion seems to have brought them back to what they were before, huh? Well, it is what it is and the graduation day finally comes.

Suzune cutting her hair short was the highlight of this episode and I'm glad both siblings come to good terms now. It's been a wild ride since Year 1 and I'd like to see how everything concludes in the final episode!

Mar 20, 7:03 AM
Aug 2022
If you recall, caste room was a song created with the image of Suzune Growing up, and after watching the final scene between manabu & Suzune in this episode, I feel like the resolution of the song has increased even more.
Now only 1 episode left.
This is getting more exciting.
Ricky16Mar 20, 8:40 AM
Mar 20, 7:09 AM
Sep 2015
Didn't expect a heartwarming episode from this anime, where everyone open up their mind, even Ayanokouji. In fact, it feels like this is the last episode instead.
Mar 20, 7:20 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I always like Manabu, his friendship with Ayanokoji is one of the best things this anime has ^.^

Sayonara Manabu, I hope he would appear again later

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 20, 7:34 AM
Jul 2023
Character development at max, False Suzune evolve to Real Suzune.
Mar 20, 7:50 AM
Sep 2021
Loving the new suzune & ayanokouji is planning for the next hurdles to be taken care off. Soon year2 will start but sadly only 1 episode for this season.
Mar 20, 8:06 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was so slow and boring, Manabu was so under utilized the entire series and now he graduates.
Mar 20, 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
The finale LN Volume 11.5 with the graduation ceremony heralded by Horikita's brother Manabu, the 1st Year oddities are wrapping up, but its problems aren't over just yet.

For Ayanokouji and Class C, they failed and went back to square one at Class D, and even Honami's Class B failed against Ryuen's Class D, so the odds are even. For Horikita, she needs to succeed in her brother's place as he bows out of school. For Ayanokouji, Acting Chairman Tsukishiro is his main enemy now, and his conversation with his father will be some of the most important decisions taken to thwart his approach. And for that, his homeroom teacher Sae and Class A's Arisu becomes his ally for the ousting of her Chairman father by the same person, even Class B's homeroom teacher Mashima also feels the pinch by way of threatening.

For the longest time, Horikita feeling inferior to her brother, and personally sending him off now, feels unnatural. Still, seeing Manabu off is just one monumental moment for the sister sibling who still feels like she's chasing after his shadow, she's going to step out and be her own being. Till then, Horikita will be under Ayanokouji's care...and her "character growth" by cutting her hair, it's the most predictable change but whatever lols, but at the least, both siblings are finally reconciled of their issues.

The throwback to Season 1's OP (which IMO is still ZAQ's best OP in the series), how 6.5 years have flown by since the start of the anime.

Only 1 episode left to go...
Mar 20, 8:27 AM

May 2015
Good bye Manabu, time to Suzune to become herself.
Mar 20, 8:30 AM
Jun 2012
A really good episode about Suzune, the relation with his brother and the way Ayanokouji move the strings and how Manabu realized it.

For other side, I really hope in the finish of the third year, Ayanokouji don't back to the white room, not even like a mentor.

I really hope someday his mind stop be there.
Mar 20, 8:38 AM

Jul 2021
incesto incesto!
Mar 20, 8:53 AM

Jun 2021
So we are down to the final episode,

that recap on the ending song was a good one to see.....
Yandere_@lover
Nov 2023
I loved this episode. The character development of Horikata is great. her short hair is really cool

Jun 2021
Reply to Commit_Crime
incesto incesto!
@Mohac_Slovan Japanese japanese ~~
Yandere_@lover
Mar 20, 8:56 AM

Nov 2017
yeah, we all knew that Manabu is really care about Suzune, and on the otherside Kiyotaka became the best wingman for this siblings relationship
Mar 20, 8:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They really managed to convey Suzune's broconness to the max. Well done. Let's see how they close things up in the next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 20, 9:13 AM

Oct 2017
I'm gonna miss Manabu man, great guy. Was really good to have him and if I could I would replace Suzune with her anytime. Also lol the classic cutting your hair short = character growth goes hard. Hopefully Suzune will become better from now on. Btw I always thought that male teacher was a nice guy so it'll be good to have him helping Ayanokouji. Chabashira will be there with them too.
MegamiRemMar 27, 10:57 AM
Mar 20, 9:19 AM

Jun 2023
C class is D class again. They all wanted to climb to A so much but, nothing changes in the end.
Horikita and Honami seemed pleased and even happy(?) to become enemies again.
By the way, it would have been nice to see more of the Class B and D games.
Suzune changed her hairstyle because of her 'character development' ???
And sadly, bye Manabu, hope we see him again sometime, he always had a good connection to Ayanokoji
For Ayano, he seems to be planning something new with Sakayanagi and the teachers, bold cliffhanger for the upcoming end of the series...
But there is still one more episode to go-
Mar 20, 9:34 AM

Jun 2020
I remember back when there was only one season and a lot of people were saying Suzune would become irrelevant later in the story, they slandered the poor girl so hard

Mar 20, 9:42 AM

Sep 2008
the only thing i hate is that there is only one more episode
im one cliffhanger away to just start reading the novels

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 20, 9:44 AM
Apr 2023
Me: such beautiful siblings love.

My brain: After reading Oshi no ko latest chapter ☠️.
Mar 20, 9:49 AM

Jul 2022
Suzune finally cuts her hair! character development.
Mar 20, 10:02 AM

Sep 2018
Worst episode yet, Suzune cut her beautiful long hair and became worst girl. Dropped instantly. Burning all the novels I own. Sending a written complaint to the author.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Mar 20, 10:24 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to Nyarly-Kanamin
I remember back when there was only one season and a lot of people were saying Suzune would become irrelevant later in the story, they slandered the poor girl so hard

@Nyarly-Kanamin director is a known Suzune-fag so its not unexpected, she was pushed to the spotlight a LOT more than she should have
Mar 20, 10:25 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to Nyarly-Kanamin

@Nyarly-Kanamin director is a known Suzune-fag so its not unexpected, she was pushed to the spotlight a LOT more than she should have
Mar 20, 10:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To be able to maintain Class A to graduation despite the new prez's interference is impressive indeed. Though they lost the growth that class D showed really was impressive. Really feel for Ichinose though at suffering such a defeat. The meeting with Arisu and two teachers sure was a strange one if anything. The acting chairmen doesn't seem to care about the wellbeing of the students to begin with but his docking of Mashima's pay sure was prove of this. Ak's father won't play fair when it comes to getting his son back thats for sure. Suzune cutting her hair to show her desire to walk her own path was pretty nice. Be curious to see how they would adapt the remaining 4 chapters sans ch5 in the finale next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 10:31 AM
Dec 2023
Short hair suzune > long hair suzune
Mar 20, 10:31 AM
Dec 2023
Short hair suzune > long hair suzune
Mar 20, 10:39 AM
Jul 2023
this season ayanokoji really disappointed me.
Mar 20, 10:40 AM
Jul 2023
Mar 20, 10:41 AM
Jul 2023
Mar 20, 10:45 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to 26th_Bam_
@26th_Bam_ you can say that again
Mar 20, 10:47 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Ah yes, one of my favourite moments. Very cute how she met her brother after the graduation.
One episode left, this will be a banger for most of the people:)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 20, 10:47 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Shuhan
@26th_Bam_ you can say that again
@Shuhan i meant that before this episode. he quite a while to show himself up
Mar 20, 10:59 AM

Feb 2021
So they begin adapting volume 11.5, one of my favorite volumes of year 1, they've already changed the order of things a little bit, but that's fine if they include it on the last episode.

I do prefer how the gate scene went on the LN, but the ED showing moments from season 1 through now was nice.

Mar 20, 11:00 AM
Jun 2022
Boring af.
Didn’t expect anyway seeing the season has been such an extreme meh.
Mar 20, 11:06 AM
Aug 2022
Yeah I’m realising it now but I was completely wrong about what I said in the past, cote has a really strong male cast. It really sucks to see Manabu go because he was such a good character and had a great dynamic with Kiyotaka

I think I might actually be able to start liking Horikita now, cutting her hair and the whole end scene with Manabu I feel like in season 4 we’re going to see her really shine through herself more.

I hated her because she was super boring and just seemed like someone with a brother complex, but I hope she changes cause so far I haven’t found a female character in this show which particularly interests me. The only 2 I somewhat like are Kei and Arisu. For me the male cast is way better.

I’m assuming next season will move into their second year at school and introduce some new characters. Particularly I’m excited to see Ichika as she seems really interesting.

I’m curious what the last episode for season 3 will be about though
Mar 20, 11:19 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Forphy
C class is D class again. They all wanted to climb to A so much but, nothing changes in the end.
Horikita and Honami seemed pleased and even happy(?) to become enemies again.
By the way, it would have been nice to see more of the Class B and D games.
Suzune changed her hairstyle because of her 'character development' ???
And sadly, bye Manabu, hope we see him again sometime, he always had a good connection to Ayanokoji
For Ayano, he seems to be planning something new with Sakayanagi and the teachers, bold cliffhanger for the upcoming end of the series...
But there is still one more episode to go-
@Forphy suzune changed hair bcoz she always loved short hair and went back to her short hair
gamiboMar 20, 11:23 AM
Mar 20, 11:25 AM

Feb 2019
RAHHH short haired suzune is here
Mar 20, 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
RAHHH SHORT HAIR SUZUNE IS HERE
Mar 20, 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, Suzune's long hair is gone... 😭😭😭
but she's still pretty and after changing into her old self, she's more dazzling than ever 🥰
Thankfully, they finally made-up with each other.
CrazyButNot4UMar 20, 12:08 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 20, 11:41 AM

Feb 2019
They really went thru the whole volume in an episode 💀 that Mashima and Chabashira meeting was so damn condensed.. the convo with Arisu dad, they cut out the best suzune illustration from the volume, subpar animation, etc. production committee have dropped the ball with YZ so hard.. Y1 would’ve been so much better with 4 seasons instead of 3.

Short hair suzune carried very hard. My queen looked stunning. I feel like the only thing lerche care about is making her hot which tbf is a noble endeavour.

I wonder what they’re gonna do with this next episode.. add in some scenes we didn’t get in this one or some anime original stuff? Need that Suzune crying in front of Kiyo scene 😡
Mar 20, 12:05 PM
Apr 2022
Manabu and Ayanokouji have such a cool dynamic. He’s one of the only people kouji respects.
Mar 20, 12:37 PM
Oct 2022
Does "I care for greatly," mean something closer to "I love you," in the original language? is that not something an older brother would say to a little sister culturally?

I really don't get how much angst there is between these siblings because I'm more "If you want to be close to your siblings, be close to them. If you both want to do your own thing, do your own thing." So these guys wanting to be close but not being able to feels forced. But I realize family bonds from a cultural standpoint are just way, WAY more important than they are to me personal. I love my siblings, but I'd never try to be like them or seek their approval. Is this all just me??
Mar 20, 12:49 PM
Dec 2017
BIG WINN short hair nation 😭😆 next week is last episode? damn feels bad, hope next season come soon 😭
Mar 20, 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
I really hate the haircut = change trope. it sucks in all anime including this. Suzune character design is ruined now
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM

» Do we think we’ll get a season 4?

martingunnarsson - Feb 27

44 by SecretTechnique »»
Sep 1, 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.