Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had some wacky sci-fi elements. I'm amused. Episode also took a decent amount of time to have the cast dressed in bunny suits.

I do notice how this season seems to love throwing characters into other dimensions, strange, worlds, etc. Happened again this episode lol
Mar 7, 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverMar 7, 5:41 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 9:53 AM

Dec 2021
More dreams mean more of Ataru's feelings being crushed.

Ataru, Lum, and Shinobu gaze into divergent destinies within a subspace chamber alongside Inaba. There, Ataru and Lum lament the absence of their envisioned futures. Inaba guides them to the Fate Factory, offering a chance to craft their desired destinies. Meanwhile, Onsen Mark, bearing wounds from a tumultuous encounter with the Mendo family, seeks refuge at Shinobu Miyake's residence. Shinobu's disbelief mounts as she witnesses Onsen Mark's scarred form, his labored breaths echoing the weight of his ordeal.

Ataru's only dream is living in an apartment with all the girls he knows, lmao. But it's clear he cares a lot about Lum. He won't accept his dream harem without her. Gonna miss this arc; it's one of the better ones imo. It was cute how Ataru tried to save the future where he married Lum. But seriously, how did Inaba end up with this job? He is human right? Anyway, back to Onsen Mark's story about parent conferences, this time with Shinobu and her family. Poor guy didn't even get to do the conference.

Supposed to be a day off from this lousy class, but it just keeps getting worse for him.

Mar 7, 10:07 AM

Feb 2021
Seems like there is a delay on Hidive? Oh well.

This was a really good arc (and the longest one). We got more Ataru being honest to his feelings! And seeing all those futures was really fun. I hope Inaba will be appearing from time to time from now on too.
Mar 7, 10:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The first new door that they went through sure had quite the grim reality. Despot Ataru with his arch nemesis Hero Mendo huh. I think living together with all those girls in a dirt cheap apartments gonna be the one dream that he can't have. Gotta be way too cramped man. The fortune factory was a pretty neat idea though. Shinobu's future was probaly the most normal one there. Taking the reset route sure was a overreaction. But it was nice to be able to see a future where Ataru and Lum get hitched. Glad that Inaba's punishment wasn't the lethal kind. Onsen sensei sure gave a textbook example of when not to open doors even to people you know well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 10:35 AM
May 2021
Nicely adapted, though sad the part where Lum’s knob survived and put into the new doors from the og anime isn’t here anymore
Mar 7, 10:39 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh. WTF was that Fist of the North Style-inspired scene in the beginning? That was completely original. But it was cool I guess. The original anime also had a ton of Fist of the North Star easter eggs and references in it. There was even a spoof in one episode where Kotatsu-Neko fought Kenshiro.
Not to mention the fact that Mendo's original VA was Akira Kamiya himself who also voiced Kenshiro from FotNS and Ryo Saeba from City Hunter. It'd be cool if he had a cameo in the Remake too. Speaking of cameos, I wish we got cameos of Toshio Furukawa and Fumi Hirano reprising their roles of Ataru and Lum in an alternate future. That would've been awesome to see.

Anyway, this episode finally concluded the first Inaba arc! The reason this arc was created at all was to give Urusei Yatsura's original heroine Shinobu happiness through the introduction of Inaba and also retcon the early chapter where it showed that Ataru married and had a kid with Shinobu. I really hope we'll be getting an adaptation of the 2nd Inaba story this Season since it was never adapted before.

Is a man not allowed to have his harem? Lol. In this episode, we finally understood the true feelings of Ataru. His harem would be incomplete without Lum. And to him, Lum matters more than having a harem.

One sneaky new detail I see they added was Ataru blushing in the wedding scene. That was cool. It's also cool that they actually showed Shinobu's date with Inaba here. But I still like the original ending of the OVA a bit more.

Hopefully, people will stop misunderstanding Ataru's character now.

If this episode doesn't change their mind, then the next episode likely will. The next episode is my most anticipated episode of this season. Because not only will it adapt one of the fan-favorite chapters of the manga but also it is the favorite Urusei Yatsura chapter of the author Rumiko Takahashi and some of her editors.

This episode looked quite stiff in a lot of scenes, unfortunately. I really hope David Pro can do the next episode justice.

Also, it seems like The Home Visit Blues has been split into 5 parts. I initially thought it was just going to be 4. That's cool I guess.
0451Mar 7, 11:00 AM
Mar 7, 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
The multiverse arc has a such proper grande finale it deserve after several episodes but the home visit arc is really, not funny, or even not necessary.
Mar 7, 1:17 PM
Dec 2022
Naggu_Horra said:
Nicely adapted, though sad the part where Lum’s knob survived and put into the new doors from the og anime isn’t here anymore

so the one ataru saw at last was lum's door knob?
didnt the anime show her door knob burned out
Mar 7, 1:40 PM

Feb 2019
“Having my own harem is pointless if Lum isn’t part of it” well in his own little stupid way Ataru at least has his priorities straight. We now know to Ataru, having Lum is more important than a harem even if he doesn’t act like it at times.

Loved seeing the various futures, especially the wedding one with he and Lum. Bro was blushing so hard he couldn’t even face her lol. Better get his act together though or he’ll end up with that bad ending where she leaves because of his obsession with other girls.

Glad Shinobu got someone as well. Feel like she’s kinda been shafted as of late with all of Ataru’s antics. She’s such a sweet girl and deserves her own happiness. Inaba is a nice fella and hopefully we get more of him. Wonder what that means for she and Ataru’s kid that we saw earlier though.

Think this is one of my favourite arcs and definitely deserved two episodes. Got Ataru to seriously consider his future with Lum and straight up admit his priorities.
Marinate1016Mar 7, 2:17 PM
Mar 7, 2:21 PM

Jun 2021
I'm sad to see this arc end.
Mar 7, 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
Hokuto no Ken inspired future easily won this hands down, lmao.

Shinobu wanting to keep the status quo is essentially the style of this series. Part of me also thinks she didn't want to move on until now because she's afraid of Ataru and Lum making actual progress in their relationship, eventually becoming a couple. Oh well, looks like her own Prince Charming has finally arrived with Inaba.

Big W moment when Ataru tried to save that one future for Lum.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 4:10 PM
Aug 2023
Ataru finally shows Lum how he really feels trying to save that door
Mar 7, 4:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Although I still prefer the original OVA, they really did a nice job with this arc in the remake overall. I really liked the reveals with both Shinobu and Ataru when it came to the futures they made, Shinobu wanted things to stay as they are which I really feel her on that, and Ataru was happy about his harem but only if Lum was included, without her it just wasn’t worth it. There was also the goofy gags with the rabbit guys just being completely ignored when they were trying to get Lum and Ataru’s attention, later on they brought out the big guns tho when they destroyed all the futures which led to the great scene where Ataru witnesses a future where he and Lum gets married and attempts to save it, another great moment between the two of them done well in the remake.

And when it seemed like Shinobu wouldn’t ever see Inaba again, there he is again at the coffee shop lol, I liked the ending of the OVA more than this because it felt more like an ending to a movie (which the OVA already feels like anyway) but I am happy that this means we could get more bits with Inaba as we near the 2nd half of the show. And this arc once again reminds me that I prefer this series when the stories have time to breathe versus two stories in one episode, but hey it’s all fun at the end of the day. And lastly there was another home visit blues with Shinobu this time, I can’t remember how it goes in the OG but it was funny for the short bit that it was, Onsen just freaked Shinobu out too much and paid for it lol.
Mar 7, 5:06 PM

Apr 2022
the extremely humble ataru just wants a harem with everyone🥹
i understand the future shinobu wants though with wanting to continue things the way they are, and it kinda embodies the show as well. ataru the goat for wanting to save that one future with lum, was a really fun arc.
Mar 7, 5:10 PM
Jan 2024
Good episode and how it shows that Lum does care about Ataru
Mar 7, 8:29 PM

May 2019
Mad Max reality looks really cool addition to the remake. But why would the fallen door knob were burnt just like in hell haha. I think I like the wedding scene more in the OVA than the remake one with the photoshoot. Inaba will get another date with Shinobu (Inaba's trial) and hopefully their story would get adapted too. This arc feels more like a good setup for Shinobu's love story than Atalum but hey she deserved it. Pretty hyped for Nozomi next week, it's easily the best chapter in UY by far.

Mar 7, 9:43 PM
Sep 2014
The physics in those weird door dimensions seem very inconsistent, which I guess makes sense. Apparently
Mar 7, 10:15 PM
May 2021
Reply to Asukadesuuuu
Naggu_Horra said:

so the one ataru saw at last was lum's door knob?
didnt the anime show her door knob burned out
@Asukadesuuuu the door we saw was a “natural” one so to say, Lum’s still fell down but was picked up later by Inuba
Mar 8, 4:02 AM
Oct 2019
That first door was definitely Star Wars.

Seeing Ataru want to protect his future with Lum was so cute.

Ataru actually love Lum, but he just want a Harem.
Is it too much to asked? lol

Home Teacher keep suffering LMAO
Mar 8, 5:43 AM

Mar 2012
So Ataru is a masochist just like I thought he was, which idiot would fall in love with a bitch who abuses him.

I'm starting to like Shinobu more and more now although one thing I don't get is what happened to her feelings towards Ataru shown at the very beginning of the anime.
Mar 8, 5:51 AM
Feb 2020
Ok so, do the universes get detroyed if the door brakes? Because if that's the case Moroboshi and Lum walked away with a crazy head count
Mar 8, 6:43 AM

May 2015
Ataru is such a major tsundere. Especially when he thinks no one is watching. Seeing him hit his future self for pulling an Ataru was great.
Mar 8, 7:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao the future where Ataru lives with all the girls but in a tiny room because he has no money, that's deserved for his greed ahaha
Mar 8, 8:24 AM
Nov 2022
Those are character developments 🚬...

So what will be the true future? xd.
Mar 8, 11:03 AM
Jul 2023
9 series continued by 8, which are a film adaptation of the 329-332 chapters of the manga, in terms of timing, this arch is fully revealed, not inferior to "Inaba the Dream Maker"ova (1987).
Probably this is generally one of the few arches that are fully shown in the remake, which is not said to please.
Mar 8, 9:51 PM

Dec 2022
wholesome and metaphysical and transcendent and filled with love 8)
Mar 9, 3:55 AM

May 2015
Man, this was possibly the best arc of the series. Urusei Yatsura is not just a funny show, it can also be very emotional.
Mar 9, 4:07 AM

Aug 2020
this might be best arc of rebooted ver., wackiness with consistency storyline
Mar 9, 11:58 PM
Apr 2018
this one is perfect episode for me, when moroboshi and lum married is the best part of this anime. i hope it can be happen in the future at the end of anime. love this anime 10/10
Mar 10, 8:52 PM
Jan 2020
I honestly never expected to be so moved by Urusei Yatsura; the scene with Ataru staring at the future of a possible marriage with Lum, and also trying to save that future for her, hit hard for some reason. He wants her to be by his side one way or the other, but he cannot enjoy a future without her or where she is unhappy. Also, Shinobu's ideal future being the type where they are all still together was wholesome.
Mar 11, 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
Decent conclusion for this arc but Lum was incredibly unbearable this time. I still fail to see why Ataru would fall for a girl who abuses him 24/7 but hey, 80's romcoms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe it's because Lum is the only girl who pays attention to him... or because Ataru is a certified masochist, who knows?
Mar 11, 8:16 PM
Jan 2023
I wonder what my future will be like... 🤔
Mar 14, 8:41 PM
Mar 2015
mendo and his octopus are 2 of a king .our boi done good
Mar 15, 1:19 AM

Jul 2017
The different timelines sure make for some wacky entertainment, like Ataru having his own harem in a Star Wars like environment. But regardless, they're also able to forge their own futures thanks to Inaba with the doorknobs, but while Shinobu raced to save Inaba, Lum has her made history burnt to crisp, and Ataru is able to see his future harem, just without Lum, which is a future that he cannot envision without.

Shinobu saving Inara with her intended doorknob-made ideal future, it's just everyone being the same as they are, aging like adults. The other rabbits potentially locking their future, and Ataru landing in one room where they eventually got married, he decided to protect that future, and Inaba's with Shinobu's future, back to the original door where they came from. With that, the door is finally closed, and Inaba...evenutally made it out to their current timeline, being forced to work and recover all the other futures.

The next home visit is Shinobu's place for Onsen, and his predative nature has driven her parents away once and is not going to work again. Onwards with Ataru's family then...

A really good mini-arc, definitely one of the best arcs thus far.
Mar 16, 2:02 AM
Feb 2023
almost like a movie.. emotional damage 🤧

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Mar 22, 12:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool episode!!!
Shinobu tears ended in a smile!!!
kekeke
Apr 18, 9:53 AM

Oct 2017
Ataru: Lum I hate you. Also Ataru: There's no meaning in a future without Lum.

Lum in wedding dress, looking so happy, beautiful.

So Shinobu was actually a sweetheart all along just enjoying the present and everyone? Wow. She got a nice guy btw.
May 26, 5:57 AM

Jun 2019
Aww... so there was a future where Lum and Ataru were married and they looked so happy in that. And, Ataru was trying his best to keep it safe. Made me smile. Lum and Ataru are cute together. Also, nice to see Sakura finally likes someone, Inaba is a nice guy after all.
Jun 4, 12:39 PM

May 2020
Dude literally got a beat-down because there wasn't a destiny where he and Lum ended up marrying together.. which isn't exactly his fault, but yeah, this the custom. Anyway, he deserves a bit of it too tbh.

Teacher having it rough even with the most normal character in this series lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

37 by davidyodo24 »»
Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

32 by LuisSV23 »»
Jun 9, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

37 by LuisSV23 »»
Jun 9, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

62 by Hanraven »»
Jun 9, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

48 by Softhenic03 »»
Jun 8, 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.