Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of important info dump coming from Juiz herself. The talk about God, how the world ends and begins, and what choices to make related to God.

It's almost too unbelievable to take in at once but Juiz should be trusted. She's an important member of the roundtable and has experienced their timeline.
Feb 9, 8:51 AM

Dec 2021
The idea that the world is stuck in a loop was pretty clear from the start, but now the big question is, who else knows about it and what's their reason for knowing?

Due to Billy's sudden betrayal, the Round Table was taken by the Under. Though the Union managed to reclaim the Apocalypse, the facility suffered severe damage. Billy left behind a cryptic message: Tell Juice, 'The Ark' is something we'll obtain. Union members were left shaken by his words. Amidst this turmoil, Juice began to reveal the hidden truths of the world, unknown even to the Union members. Upon learning the truth from Juiz, the remaining Round Table members unanimously decide to pursue their mission to eliminate God. Juiz then assigns Andy and Fuuko the task of investigating the prophetic book.

These recent episodes have really been dragging on with those long ass recaps and flashbacks, and you can totally feel it in this episode. The pace is just way too slow because of all that stuff. Anyway, it kind of makes sense why she was against Fuuko joining the team: I think every time they lose to the final boss (God), they have to start over. So, in each "loop," she's trying to figure out the best picks for the limited 11/12 seats of the Round Table. I'm not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that's the manga Fuuko was reading in the first episode, so will a shoujo manga save the world? It seems like it.

But still, I can't shake this feeling about Juice; something just doesn't sit right with me.

Feb 9, 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
Before the anime started, I thought we would get to this point at ep 13, but now I don't even know where they are going to finish season 2, because it's not going to be THAT moment with this pacing.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Feb 9, 10:12 AM

Feb 2021
Still curious as to why didn't Victor appear the first time Andy removed the plate.
Interesting how they're using Chinese (or really rare Japanese) words for times of day like 子夜 (midnight) and 早晨 (early morning).
Yes! The world is in a loop! I foolishly took a look at the Undead Unluck wiki a couple months ago and spoiled this to myself though *pain*. But I don't know the details so this is still really exciting.
Holy shit we even got an explanation for how there were meteorites before galaxies. I love it.
Poor Chikara, and to think he was just a normal student a couple days ago lmao
21:55 HOLUP is that Fuuko's manga from episode 1? Gotta check out the first episode again to look for foreshadowing...

The next episode preview is so funny, and I think it's the same VA as usual XD

Good episode. I thought that this is a time loop at first, but it's the Earth being remade by God again and again, interesting.
But yeah, they were using a lot of obscure and rare words for times of day for some reason.
Feb 9, 10:17 AM
Jan 2024
Information about Ark is top secret, but why Billy know about it. I bet Billy want Ark because only Ark can save you from Ragnarok.
Feb 9, 12:47 PM
Aug 2020
A lot of info today

I’m ready for the next one
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 9, 1:52 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit the lore dropped in this episode was crazy. Juiz was really sitting on all this information this whole time? Didn’t expect us to become Higurashi lol

So the world has been destroyed over and over and Union was created by Juiz to stop it. With each loop she feels that she’s getting stronger warriors, but I wonder what’s different about this group and this loop. The concept of god in this series is also interesting. Is some metaphysical being just literally destroying the planet with his hand? That’s wild.

Equally massive reveal is Victor and Juiz romantic relationship and the fact they survived the loops together. That’s a lot to drop on us at once. Think Fuuko’s reaction was the audience’s reaction lol. Technically a different person than Andy, but still.

David Prod as usual cooked with all the visuals and camera angles during today’s episode, especially during the lore reveals. They’re up there with SHAFT among the best studios for these types of moments

Well if we lost the original roundtable, why not just use a new one made of stone lol. Now that Juiz has come clean everyone has full faith in her and is ready to take on the next quests and kill god. Feels like the real undead unluck story is just beginning now.
Marinate1016Feb 9, 2:15 PM
Feb 9, 2:01 PM

Jul 2023
Kind of a shame how fast modern shonen are compared to the ones from the 2000s. I feel this reveal about the loop should have came later in the series. Still is interesting to see where this will go from this point on.

I liked how excited the narrator sounded compared to her usual serious tone.
Feb 9, 2:35 PM
May 2011
Cool episode, the reveal was as interesting as I remembered. Victor's fate always gave me goosebumps, the planet has been blown up countless times and he had to live through it.

That said, I feel like this episode went really heavy on the flashbacks, like really, REALLY heavy. I mean, take Nico mentioning that Billy said something about Arc, we didn't need a mini flashback with Billy saying it, same with every other example... I guess they needed to stretch the episode in oder to reach the cliffhanger, but surely there were other ways to do it.

Aside from the flashback abuse, they are doing a really good job adapting it. Still hoping that they dial down, at one point it starts to take one out from the story.
Feb 9, 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
so they are on a endless time loop then and only victor being undead knows it all since he never dies

also juiz and victor are lovers lol what will happen with the romance of fuko and andy
Feb 9, 3:34 PM
Dec 2023
This episode was fucking amazing 😁
Feb 9, 3:36 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Embient
Still curious as to why didn't Victor appear the first time Andy removed the plate.
Interesting how they're using Chinese (or really rare Japanese) words for times of day like 子夜 (midnight) and 早晨 (early morning).
Yes! The world is in a loop! I foolishly took a look at the Undead Unluck wiki a couple months ago and spoiled this to myself though *pain*. But I don't know the details so this is still really exciting.
Holy shit we even got an explanation for how there were meteorites before galaxies. I love it.
21:55 HOLUP is that Fuuko's manga from episode 1? Gotta check out the first episode again to look for foreshadowing...

Good episode. I thought that this is a time loop at first, but it's the Earth being remade by God again and again, interesting.
But yeah, they were using a lot of obscure and rare words for times of day for some reason.
@Embient I think Victor only came out the second time Andy removed the card because he then got his head hit by spoil's beam attack and it must have regenerated with the original personality. If so then I guess Andy actually got hit on purpose there.
Feb 9, 4:13 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to uiminami7
Information about Ark is top secret, but why Billy know about it. I bet Billy want Ark because only Ark can save you from Ragnarok.
@uiminami7 Billy probably thinks he can do a better job in the next loop than Juiz.

Anyway, Anno Un better show up next week
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 9, 4:17 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a great episode. A lot of questions were answered by Juiz. This episode was more of a lore dump vs any action happening and that’s totally okay. Not every episode needs to be jammed pack with action. I figured the world being in a loop was a possibility, but juiz confirming it there just solidifies that the stakes are even higher and now she’s trusting her group of negators to take down god and Billy without the world being destroyed again. Looking forward to next episode
Feb 9, 4:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another Loop revelation dropped, now that's answering why Victor spit nonsense before. Juiz truly holds some big secret there, especially since she's the only one that manage to stay alive and fully known about the previous cycle.

After Billy also know the truth about the whole mess, and trying to secure Ark as well. Union job becomes 1000x more harder. Playing along with Apocalypse quests bs. Dealing Under business hidden the agenda. And also to find out how to deal with God for the ultimate target. One book becomes the goal. Now or never, Fuuko, let's read some more manga!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 4:56 PM

Jan 2019
I'm guessing that Ark can only save one person each loop, and that's why Juiz and Victor were so close because they were the only people aware of what's happening. There's obviously more twists to come to do with why Victor split up with Juiz though.

Feb 9, 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
David Pro's awful pacing choices are gonna be the death of this franchise and me
Feb 9, 8:23 PM
Sep 2015
I love how Andy is very quick to deny his direct involvement with Unjustice to calm down Fuko's jealousy. For me it's a clear sign that Andy and Fuko have already enter into some kind of relationship.

Victor and Juiz's relationship is not surprised considering that there would be a very very long time that Earth has only two people, which are them, and they happen to be one male and one female. Given enough time, that kind of relationship is bound to happen even if they're the same gender because of loneliness. Wait, are Victor and Juiz play the role of Adam and Eve?
Feb 9, 9:50 PM

Jan 2018
This was basically an exposition episode. But damn was it very interesting.

So Juiz knew Andy... Or at least his original self, Victor. ED1 makes so much more sense now. I knew it.

That makeshift roundtable seems good enough. Do they actually need the original roundtable anymore?

The preview narration was completely different. Loved it lol. Can't wait for the next episode.
0451Feb 9, 9:54 PM
Feb 9, 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Kageclover0
This episode was fucking amazing 😁
@Kageclover0

Such a weird info dump/recap episode.

Loved it though.
Feb 10, 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Enbu_Kirikaze
Kind of a shame how fast modern shonen are compared to the ones from the 2000s. I feel this reveal about the loop should have came later in the series. Still is interesting to see where this will go from this point on.

I liked how excited the narrator sounded compared to her usual serious tone.
@Enbu_Kirikaze Agreed, I feel like we're seriously lacking the time for character building and bonding between the characters, but also to the characters as viewers. Makes betrayals like Billy's hit a lot less than it would've in older anime, to me personally.

On another note: Can anyone tell me what the kanji on the self-made round table mean? Those didn't look like number kanjis to me.
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Feb 10, 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Embient

Embient said:

Maybe because he put the glass back on his forehead quickly?
Even when he removed it against Spoil, it took quite some time before he transformed
Feb 10, 3:45 AM

Nov 2023
The Loop was foreshadowed heavily during the anime, so my guess was that after Ragnarøk the world would restart and everyone would keep their memories.

As it turns out, in Undead Unluck, it works a bit defferently.
Everyone accually dies and respawns in the new world except if they have the Artifact of life (the "Ark") or are leterally unkillable.
This episode explains a lot about Victor and Juiz, but still leaves unanswered questions like:

• Why does Undead have a different personality after the restart? How does the card work? Why does he have it?
  • How did Unrepair respawn before Ragnarøk? Where is Unchange if it is possible to respawn?
  • How does Billy know of the Loop and the Ark?

I also have a theory (an Anime Theory) about Unluck, which is a potential spoiler, so proceed with caution and I DON'T want confirmation from manga readers if it is actually true.
gorkthe134thFeb 10, 4:17 AM
Feb 10, 4:36 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to AiraKT
@Enbu_Kirikaze Agreed, I feel like we're seriously lacking the time for character building and bonding between the characters, but also to the characters as viewers. Makes betrayals like Billy's hit a lot less than it would've in older anime, to me personally.

On another note: Can anyone tell me what the kanji on the self-made round table mean? Those didn't look like number kanjis to me.
@AiraKT Agreed, ironically despite the slow pace of the anime I feel the plot is throwing major events in quick succession before giving you time to breath. Billy's betrayal is perhaps the most obvious example.
Feb 10, 6:34 AM
Sep 2021
That was really a perfect episode which links all the previous events that happened in the series so far & also the fact/truth which was brought really shook me. The story is getting even more better.
Feb 10, 6:53 AM

Feb 2021
Like their concept about God created a new earth and old earth become asteroid :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 10, 7:06 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to AiraKT

@AiraKT These kanjis are numbers.
The kanjis anti-clockwise on the left part are 贰 肆 陆 捌 拾 each for 2 4 6 8 10, and the right part clockwise are 壹 叁 伍 柒 玖 拾壹 for 1 3 5 7 9 11.
Feb 10, 7:38 AM
Aug 2023
This was fucking amazing ❤
This show just keeps getting better and better
Way better in plot than JJK season 2
Feb 10, 8:17 AM
Aug 2023
While the pacing does feel a bit slow, a lot of important info was given in this one that will directly influence how the group operates moving forward, gonna be interesting to see just how the hell they’re gonna neutralize three UMAs AND apprehend Billy and the rest of Under.

I wasn’t the first to point this out but I got the feeling that the manga series Fuko had with her the first episode could possibly be the book Juiz is referring to
Feb 10, 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
So do rules carry over? Becauese the rule of death implies as much, but in that case why would ragnarok happen at rule 100?

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 10, 11:57 AM

Nov 2014
Even as an anime-only, I’m getting annoyed at the constant flashback padding. This episode was really felt like it was 70% flashbacks, adapting only 1 chapter.
Feb 10, 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to ChickenDan
Even as an anime-only, I’m getting annoyed at the constant flashback padding. This episode was really felt like it was 70% flashbacks, adapting only 1 chapter.
@ChickenDan I completely agree. What should've been a mind-blowing, revelatory episode was mostly ruined by multiple pointless flashbacks and redundant information. As viewers, we're not idiots. We remember the meteors falling; they don't need to show us that again and they REALLY don't need to show us every single instance of that happening in the series up to that point. Stop wasting the audience's time!
Feb 10, 6:03 PM
Apr 2022
so thats why we're in a constant loop of recaps and flashbacks that continues to ruin my viewing experience, interesting...
Feb 10, 6:46 PM

Oct 2022
I loved Fuuko's expression and mannerisms with her "I am being calm!" when she heard about Victor and Juiz being together.

Feb 10, 8:20 PM

May 2019
heychrisj said:
I completely agree. What should've been a mind-blowing, revelatory episode was mostly ruined by multiple pointless flashbacks and redundant information. As viewers, we're not idiots. We remember the meteors falling; they don't need to show us that again and they REALLY don't need to show us every single instance of that happening in the series up to that point. Stop wasting the audience's time!

I present another perspective on this issue. I will say that I am not the most eagle-eyed viewer, so I do often overlook some minuscule details that will inevitably become relevant at a later episode. It also doesn't help that I am watching a plethora of anime this season, and in addition to coursework, it's hard to recall what exactly has been revealed in the plotline until the latest episode has dropped–repeat that for 12-13 weeks and it gets hard to remember everything. As a result, it was incredibly helpful for me to at least have this episode connect the dots by relating Juiz's info-dump to previous events.

That being said, however, I do agree with you on one point that these flashbacks have become redundant in recent episodes, with the date & time cards being heavily used to signal a flashback. The instances of having to replay every scene where the meteors showed up really wasn't necessary since it's a major detail that's applied with Fuko's ability, as you mentioned, so viewers shouldn't have to sit through a flashback for that purpose, even if it's only a couple seconds. Additionally, a small recap at the beginning of each episode wouldn't hurt, but given how much time each episode dedicates to a recap of last episode's events before the OP credits is absurd.

Overall, having recaps or flashbacks to previous episodes as a means of helping understand the narrative of this week's episode isn't too bad, but it detracts from the episode's effect if it becomes too redundant, as was seen for this week. Yes, what should have been a revelatory episode that clearly explains the plotline of the series thus far was detracted by its numerous cuts to previous episodes. I can only imagine the horror of an anime watcher who discovers/binges this after the whole series has finished airing. We'll have to see what the production team cooks up for these last 6 episodes.
NekOniiChanFeb 10, 8:51 PM
Feb 10, 8:40 PM
Oct 2021
Peak as always my favorite arc from the manga is starting off strong
Feb 11, 2:02 AM

Dec 2022
The lore in this show goes crazy. Now it's REALLY starting to get interesting. It was interesting before already but the buildup was great.

Feb 11, 2:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bucle?! It was a surprise!!
Well, end and start, except to undead!!!
kekeke
Feb 11, 2:38 AM

May 2015
The show was a time loop story all along! I wonder how many times Juiz has looped. What will Fuukos default unluck be if they run out of chunks of previous earths?
Feb 11, 2:56 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was a full-on exposition of info that Juiz had kept to herself for so long, but with the current situation as it is, this was the best time for her to explain everything about how the world has "looped" many times over. She's the only one to retain her memories of previous loops that had the world destroyed by god before making a new Earth, with the old remnants of Earth circling the new one, which is what Fuko keeps on summoning from her Unluck powers.

It also answers as to why she knows about who Victor is doing by her past experiences with him in former loops. Either way, even though Juiz wanted to atone for her mistakes, it was nice to see the other members of Union giving their full support for her. =)

Anyways, with a new makeshift roundtable made from one of the stones of Stonehenge, the group now has to go all out, since not only dealing with Under will be a tough challenge, but there's still the four quests that need to be completed before the end of the year. It was intriguing that Juiz pulled out a manga volume which plays an important role here, along with how much the preview's tone change being funny, too. Let's see what'll happen next...
Feb 11, 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
Bro this is painful to watch

The content of the episode is GOOD and I was really into it, but my god the re-used the scenes...
I never skip as much in an episode as for this one, the pacing is god awful
Feb 11, 6:26 AM

Jul 2016
The printed names of the days of the week just popping into the calendar after Galaxy was inroduced is just funny to me for some reason

Don't know how I'd take finding out that my boss and an ancient sealed away version of myself were a thing at one point.

Feb 11, 9:58 AM
Mar 2022
Bruh i can't believe they left a Foreshadowing of this whole thing of Juiz and Victor in the first ending song
Feb 11, 6:28 PM
Jan 2023
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!! 🏈
Feb 11, 6:42 PM
Oct 2017
IT'S DARK AF

undead unluck anime pacing is either it's too padded with recaps or that it's too fast

1 day you're trying to find purpose for your unluck and the other day you would be plotting to kill God

I wonder if they're making shit up as they go here cause each arc is just them one-upping the other arc and it's crazy. I also feel like Fuuko as FMC already lost her appeal of having a conflict. she was wondering what would make her useful and then she's now a Union member trying to stop Penalties and such, her story is pretty much over there cause she's sounding more like a plot device just to give andy a meteorite. Her actions just feels like it's not having a dent on anyone or anything in this world as she's just as much of a participant and minor character to the overall conflict.

Feb 11, 9:48 PM

Mar 2008
Oh well this got interesting again. I didn't expect for things to be explained by a time loop since I had kind of overlooked some things not connecting them together. I wonder how many times the loop had passed. I didn't catch if it was mentioned.

Was cute how red and jealous Fuuko got over Andy as Victor being intimately involved with Juiz.

The book Juiz held up had a bar code on it so it's modern.
Feb 12, 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
This was such a dogshit episode exclusively for how it was paced, it completely deflated how genuinely interesting the new info was being by sandwiching it between so much recap and reused footage.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 12, 2:36 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, interesting revelations and I love that he brought them all out before they said it, while they were saying certain moments that happened during the anime (that maybe you didn't have it so much in mind, I some if and others not) the first explanation that came to my head is a loop and seconds later he said it haha.

Although from my point of view it's not a loop, because it's something that repeats but without changes and there are already changes but well... it depends on the definition you take of loop.

I hate you Spacetime but I love you too
The manga story Fuko was reading was a future past... awesome.

PS: Now a big question is why this "god" does this ? what does he want to achieve ?

This is my theoretical answer to that question, maybe god is an immortal being that got tired of being alive and is looking for death. and maybe the answer is if they manage to kill Undead.

PS2: When they narrate what happened in the previous episode + the music, it makes me very sad.
Feb 12, 4:07 PM

Sep 2017
Well that was kinda cool. Did not see that coming tbh. I guess there was a decent bit planted that might make you think something weird was going on. I never had enough faith or interest in the show to really scrutinize it to that degree tho. But ya some of Juiz's choices up to now are a bit strange if you didn't have this context. Also ya where tf did the meteors come from if the galaxy didn't exist. Not something I'd thought about, but they did address it.
Feb 12, 5:55 PM
Oct 2019
Huge Reveal!!
So the girl from the first ED song was Juiz?

World Loop?

That's the Manga that Fuuko read in the first episode.
WTF
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

107 by Tennouji »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

236 by Min_Minaliski »»
Aug 27, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

99 by SmasherDie »»
Aug 27, 6:29 AM

» New sequel officially announced!!!

Dbagas8 - Jul 31

17 by KursedArcana »»
Aug 25, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ptipana2077 - Jan 12

95 by romzanalimohon »»
Aug 19, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.