Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2023 10:15 AM
May 2020
I wanna say I like it but the episode added a lot of flare when really in the manga it was not like that, do not get me wrong the scenes really show how Sukuna is just OP but as the main audience we already understand that, the main issue with this episode compared to the last one is that it was rushed heavily. It would take a couple of re-watches but you can tell the animators are tired as shit and having them add all this flare is not helping. I want to like the episode but I know I wont get the same quality from the other fights that are coming up and they are most likely getting rushed as we speak to get done. If they just had more time we would getting some real quality and all scenes would feel complete.
Nov 16, 2023 10:16 AM
Jun 2019
I want more of sukuna...
Nov 16, 2023 10:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sounds like being a shik user is one that's never ending if they want to keep refining their techniques. God the casualty figures for this event sure is gonna be astronomical. While its good to have Yuji come back to us man thats some harsh reality he was forced to see on his return. Overall an excellent ep but in light of what the animators are going through i hope this series goes on hiatas and allow things to be sorted first before resuming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2023 10:18 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
There's just no way people are calling this the episode of the year?

Respect to the staff that worked on this episode (a lot of veteran animators), but the production issues are blatant and the direction keeps being a let-down in Shibuya. Sure there are well animated sequences, but again the compositing and the art are way too inconsistent. Also as others have said, using the OP song during Itadori's breakdown was a slap in the face. I get that the staff is overworked, but some of these decisions are downright terrible and have nothing to do with the production schedule. And then a Nanami cliffhanger, really? I have no hope for what's left of this season and these are the moments I was looking forward to the most.

MAPPA has a hold of a massive audience with JJK and decides to treat it as if it was just some trash isekai that they could invest minimal resources into. A damn fucking shame.
@KneelBeforeMe The fact you're one of the only comments I see here about this is astounding to me, there was quite a couple issues with this episode and you're like the only one I see here actually showing that off. Maybe a me issue but, compared to previous fights, this one was hella difficult to follow the whole way. The episode shouldn't have ended with Nanami is something I really agree on.
Nov 16, 2023 10:20 AM
Aug 2021
Animation was SOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even worse than Last episode

Seems all Mappa's funds went into AOT
Nov 16, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
There's just no way people are calling this the episode of the year?

Respect to the staff that worked on this episode (a lot of veteran animators), but the production issues are blatant and the direction keeps being a let-down in Shibuya. Sure there are well animated sequences, but again the compositing and the art are way too inconsistent. Also as others have said, using the OP song during Itadori's breakdown was a slap in the face. I get that the staff is overworked, but some of these decisions are downright terrible and have nothing to do with the production schedule. And then a Nanami cliffhanger, really? I have no hope for what's left of this season and these are the moments I was looking forward to the most.

MAPPA has a hold of a massive audience with JJK and decides to treat it as if it was just some trash isekai that they could invest minimal resources into. A damn fucking shame.
@KneelBeforeMe It's so sad to see the current condition of JJK anime. For me, it's a tragedy. The exposed truth is out in the open, and nothing can be done. Meanwhile, most fandom is high on the praise train—fooling no one but themselves, indirectly serving the best for Mappa heads.

Mar 2015
Might have to rewatch, as I couldnt track the fight... idk maybe I'm just sleepy, we'll see.

Feels like the animation gradually got better towards the end.

That domain expansion was sick, and part of the city literally got obliterated, along with the civilians.. One civilian mentioned Inumaki, so was he around the vicinity? That'd be a huge problem if yes..
Jul 2019
The Mahoraga summoning ritual looks awesome in the anime. 😭😭 Also, Yuji's breakdown 😭😭😭 I can't stop crying
Nov 16, 2023 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Cr question, how are u all watching the ep already?? I’m still refreshing with nothing there
Nov 16, 2023 10:25 AM
Feb 2022
i dont know why fans r saying this animation was like peak animation.. i think crayon shinchan had a better animation than todays episode(jjk ep17), i can understand the animators are underpaid nd over worked but if a thing is not up to the mark just say "its not good" why r people sugar coating things, r they just sympathizing ??? i cant undersatnd

Nov 2020
Reply to F9s
@DrkSeid69 That and I read somewhere that SpecialZ (the OP) was created for the curses, so its basically a villain song. Having it play over Yuji's despair and sorrow is like having the curses mocking and laughing at Yuji. Its a pretty ingenious choice imo.
@F9s not to mention, the entire lyric of the OP is basically about sukuna being mean to yuji. I bet these guys who complaining about this didn't search things before criticizing the eps lol

Mar 2015
Limi said:
Of epic proportions. Where did the plane come from?

Out of everything, I wasn't expecting a plane lmao. Such unfortunate timing for them to pass through the area when Sukuna is fighting
Nov 16, 2023 10:26 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
This episode was even crazier than the last one!!

Sukuna is so cool, I cannot stress that enough!! I love it when he does that crazy laugh!!

Poor Yuji, though :( Things aren't looking good for Nanami either.

Animators <3
Nov 16, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 2021
Absoulte Masterpiece
Nov 16, 2023 10:31 AM
Oct 2022
Really good episode 😁
Nov 16, 2023 10:32 AM
Aug 2023
nice to see the villian
Nov 16, 2023 10:33 AM
Jul 2022
peak fiction is what this is
Nov 16, 2023 10:33 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to DrkSeid69
@F9s not to mention, the entire lyric of the OP is basically about sukuna being mean to yuji. I bet these guys who complaining about this didn't search things before criticizing the eps lol
@DrkSeid69 Who cares what the lyrics are about and what the song represents? It doesn't fit with what's happening on the screen whatsoever and clashes with the emotions were supposed to feel for Itadori.

This is almost on the same tier as HxH (2011) blasting the go-happy preview song a millisecond after the end of episode 135.
Nov 16, 2023 10:35 AM
Oct 2022
shoutout to the animators omfg...
Nov 16, 2023 10:39 AM

Jun 2020
And finally we see the full potential of one Megumi. No wonder both Sukuna and Gojo were always hyping him up 😅
Also huh like father, like son… we had our Fushiguros basically unalive themselves one after the other.
Lol Sukuna really went form “I’ll destroy every human in Shibuya, except one” to “I’ll destroy Shibuya for one human” XD

The power we’ve seen in the last episodes has been crazy. Gojo is obviously the strongest character right now, but he’s always been handicapped by his surroundings. He can’t ever go all out because normal people are around him… on the other hand we see Toji who is super strong and doesn’t give a shit about his surroundings and is just popping off. And then we have Jogo and Sukuna, one finally able to showcase his full power; and the other finally free and unleashed on everyone else and having the time of his new life. And then Mahoraga! 15 fingers Sukuna really had to work for his win, he got somewhat serious and even pulled out his Domain Expansion.

POOR YUJI, he is going through it and suffering.
And Nanami 🥺😢😭💛

This really felt like a movie!!! Heart-stopping, phenomenal, gorgeous, beautiful, incredible, amazing, fantastic, wonderful, fire episode 😍🤩🥰. Obviously not perfect or a masterpiece but still really good 👌😁👍
Thanks to all the animators, you deserve all the rest, recognition, praise and respect 🫡.
qweaenrNov 16, 2023 1:20 PM
Nov 16, 2023 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to SSSTenshi
@KneelBeforeMe The fact you're one of the only comments I see here about this is astounding to me, there was quite a couple issues with this episode and you're like the only one I see here actually showing that off. Maybe a me issue but, compared to previous fights, this one was hella difficult to follow the whole way. The episode shouldn't have ended with Nanami is something I really agree on.
@SSSTenshi Not that suprising unfortunately considering JJK is a battle shounen. All it takes is a couple of well-animated sequences and people will call any episode a masterpiece. Even the animated sequences in this episode were unfinished (confirmed by the animators themselves) since the production committee wanted to push the episode to air on its regular timeslot at any cost.

It's the same thing for other shounen like One Piece where episodes have a well-animated 2-minute sequence in a 20-minute episode where nothing happens outside of that and the fans praise it to no end.
Nov 16, 2023 10:44 AM

Dec 2020
Well that was really incredible episode especially the end after sukuna is giving itadori the body back and well he knew direcht what happened.
Megumi also with Mahoraga was amazing battle against sukuna.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
The episode itself was really amazing, But I cant help but feel like something was missing. Idk.
Maybe its because I read the manga or something but this episode didnt make me feel excited or anything. I was just watching it, That last scene of Itadori though, That hit me.
Nov 16, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
@DrkSeid69 Who cares what the lyrics are about and what the song represents? It doesn't fit with what's happening on the screen whatsoever and clashes with the emotions were supposed to feel for Itadori.

This is almost on the same tier as HxH (2011) blasting the go-happy preview song a millisecond after the end of episode 135.
@KneelBeforeMe Alteast japanese peoples are care, because they understand the lyrics. The entire literally fits the scene
Nov 16, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2023
In my 5 years of watching anime, I have never seen an episode with animation this good. The whole animation team at Mappa managed to make this episode perfect.
Nov 16, 2023 10:51 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to Anime_Man567
Animation was SOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even worse than Last episode

Seems all Mappa's funds went into AOT
@Anime_Man567 funds isn’t the issue here
Nov 16, 2023 10:53 AM

Nov 2012
I’m spechless… incredible
Nov 16, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
That was breathtaking, I couldn't take my eyes off of this episode and the reveal of what Sukuna truly is and does.

I think this is the only time I vibed with the OP playing, I feel like it's mocking Yuji's determination and what his good intentions ended up being.

KneelBeforeMe said:
All it takes is a couple of well-animated sequences and people will call any episode a masterpiece. Even the animated sequences in this episode were unfinished (confirmed by the animators themselves) since the production committee wanted to push the episode to air on its regular timeslot at any cost.

Because even unfinished, the intention is clear and the mastery too. Yeah, the artists are done dirty. Even with that though, and while Jogo's fight seemed to be more complete, the result was still so captivating. Do the people working on it deserve so much more? Yes. But the audience does see where it would go and still gets hyped up.
Nov 16, 2023 10:59 AM

Oct 2009
Really turning into Space Odyssey, isn't it... whole bunch of random scenes stitches together like some gratuitous "art" (look, ma, we're skipping the OP and we're letterboxed!), dragged out longer than it should be, and can't even follow what's going on where because cohesion isn't even a thing anymore. And narration to complete the learning experience, as if that makes it any better. Get it over with already.
yellowheartrenNov 16, 2023 11:03 AM
Nov 16, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
This should be displayed on a cinema screen
Nov 16, 2023 11:04 AM
Jun 2017
I love this fight, im feel so bad for Yuji
Nov 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Dec 2016
"Unfinished"
"Difficult to follow"
"Overhyped"

Blah, blah. For all intents and purposes, this is a great action-shōnen episode. The people involved put good effort in making it and it shows.

The stakes have shot up like crazy! How months ago (in canon) was it when the most important thing was a silly baseball game?!

On a side note, there's not been enough Nobara this season. T_T

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? 💢
Nov 16, 2023 11:06 AM
Jul 2023
an absolut masterpiece especally ep 17
Nov 16, 2023 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Holy shit. Now that was some epic anime. Beyond description. They fully let loose with this eps! Its kicking off and the shit is hitting the fan and people keep throwing shit at the fan. Loved it!!

Anyone griefing this eps probably needs to go watch Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! so they can brush up on there anime direction.
Roch2001Nov 16, 2023 11:18 AM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 16, 2023 11:11 AM
Apr 2020
mahoraga vs sukuna was pog fight
Oct 2021
What the hell is MAPPA doing with this god tier animation fights, easily the best one of the season, with Sukuna meeting his match, and we get to see Gus-Nanami again, expecting a great scene to start it off.
May 2022
Ansolutely amazing.
Nov 16, 2023 11:12 AM

Oct 2023
I realize what I’m about to say sounds stupid.
Today’s episode of Jujutsu kaisen should have made me happy but when I add the information that Mappa animators have been overworked it annoys me because a bit of last week’s episode and most of this (like a whole 70%) was anime original, in other words optional. Don’t get me wrong it was a spectacle but it was also technically unnecessary. No seriously go read chapters 117-119 which is what this episode adapted side by side and you will see how much extra stuff there is. I feel weird saying that’s a negative too but when I hear that the animation team was overworked with things that wasn’t necessary to adapt the episode I’d rather have it done normally. Maybe that’s just me but I don’t want my entertainment to come at someone else’s suffering. Next part of the story should get into my second favorite fight of the series and as much as it pains me to say it I wish the same thing doesn’t happen.
HER. That is all.
Nov 16, 2023 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
Both Mahoraga vs. Sukuna fight and Malevolent Shrine were perfectly delivered, huge shout-out to the JJK team <3
Seeing where things are going with the animators right now I wonder if they will let the anime take a break soon or if the studio will just let things go downhill from now on.
Nov 16, 2023 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
A moment of silence for all the animators that worked on this episode.
Nov 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Mar 2021
So proud of each animator and anyone who worked in this episode, please mappa, protect and get paid as they deserve
Nov 16, 2023 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
WHAT AN EPISODE HOLYFUCK
SUKUNA IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL

Nov 16, 2023 11:18 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Best animated episode since mob psycho season 2!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 16, 2023 11:18 AM
Aug 2017
I feel bad for itadori
Nov 16, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2020
I dont have words worthy enough to describe this episode.'
but I can only praise it.
and

It was beautiful!
thank you everyone at mappa!
Nov 16, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2021
Today's fight between sukuna 1v1 mahoraga is just blusting..🔥🔥🔥

Thanks jjk team for this week...
Nov 16, 2023 11:28 AM

Aug 2015
Even if we didn't take into account the absolute slavery that Mappa is putting into their employees, I really liked this episode. It's different than the manga yet the overall feeling of Sukuna vs Mahoraga is still being there, and how crazy the fights between the top tier in the whole verse can get. A bit experimental but to mee it worked quite well.

My only complain is about subtitles, but I guess that is a different matter.

Now we finally get to Mahito and some painful scenes. Almost there.
Nov 16, 2023 11:30 AM

Aug 2019
Knew Nanami would still be alive, he's become Two-Face

Nov 16, 2023 11:30 AM

Feb 2021
They really should use more OST during the fight scenes.
The OST only kicked in during the second half of the episode...
Nov 16, 2023 11:32 AM
Sep 2016
This episode looks like BEST FUCKIN EPISODE EVER
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

568 by Lapio_ »»
Jul 25, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 5, 2023

572 by cadostropia »»
Jul 23, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

400 by Agathusian »»
Jul 20, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

286 by Alperensenpai61 »»
Jul 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

378 by theoniyoni »»
Jul 18, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.