Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2018 5:07 PM

Mar 2016
zemrood said:
I don't know if I missed it but what did Yang actually do in El Facil? Just seemed to me they went to battle with the Imperials and Yang led them to escape in the meantime.
he used the escaping officers who bailed right away as bait for the imperials and sent the fleeing ships clearly within view of radar in the gamble that they would be dismissed as asteroids
managed to evacuate like three million ppl and the fpa painted it as a victory because they were getting their asses kicked and needed to show something that didn't go horribly wrong
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 25, 2018 9:59 PM

Mar 2009
Yang Wen-li prefers tea over coffee. Always a man of good and sophisticated taste.

Why do I not remember the story of Yang back in his school days? Can't remember that being in the original OVA. Was that in the side-story OVAs? Never watched them.

Also, what would happen if Julian never joined the military? Wouldn't Yang have to pay back all the government assistance? He'd be screwed...
Apr 25, 2018 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
Mormegil said:
Yang Wen-li prefers tea over coffee. Always a man of good and sophisticated taste.

Why do I not remember the story of Yang back in his school days? Can't remember that being in the original OVA. Was that in the side-story OVAs? Never watched them.

Also, what would happen if Julian never joined the military? Wouldn't Yang have to pay back all the government assistance? He'd be screwed...

Yang's backstory is covered in the side-story OVAs (specifically the Spiral Labyrinth arc, aka Rasen Meikyuu in Japanese). Some of his interactions with Jean and Jessica can also be found in the movie Overture to a New War.

Apr 27, 2018 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
Mormegil said:

Yang's school days were covered in the first novel.

Yang would have paid everything back, as was said in the novel, he had enough savings and actually wanted julian to not become a soldier
Apr 27, 2018 2:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sorry, but was a bad episode, because the Yang´s life was explained just in 20 minutes, and the miracle of "El Facil" only was 7 minutes!!!
Attention: The blonde little girl in the airport that gave Yang a coffee, will appear in the next episodes!!!! kekekeke
Apr 27, 2018 5:58 AM

Jul 2012
Ranxomare said:
Sorry, but was a bad episode, because the Yang´s life was explained just in 20 minutes, and the miracle of "El Facil" only was 7 minutes!!!
Attention: The blonde little girl in the airport that gave Yang a coffee, will appear in the next episodes!!!! kekekeke

You didn't really watch the first series nor read the books, right?

El Facil only got further expanded much later, as it is Side Story material. If anything, they gave a lot of time for it in here, which is pretty good of a character presentation for Yang so early.
Apr 27, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2010
An annoying and boring episode in my opinion.
It's sad because Yang is one of my two favourite charas from LoGH (the OVA and novels).
Yang & Jessica's cheesy and cornball "love story" made me cringe my teeth.
Their personality and apperance were plain.

How could the creators of this new LoGH portray Alex Cazellnu as a megane boy?! IIRC, he is supposed to be in his late thirties... :P
Oskar von Reuenthal's new appearance is also awful.

Just like in the OVA, here I prefer the Imperial POV to the FPA one.

This adaptation is not as bad as I thought it would be but those generic faces and CGI are terrible.
Still, the OVA is exceptional and beyond compare. <3

MaurevalApr 28, 2018 5:19 AM
Apr 27, 2018 10:50 AM
Aug 2015

That's right, it was a great episode
Apr 27, 2018 10:51 AM
Aug 2015
SparkleDuck said:
Another great episode.

That's right, it was a great episode
Apr 27, 2018 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
Maureval said:

That's interesting, because Yang being in love with Jessica was much more pronounced in the original series. Especially when you add in Overture.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Nov 2010
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
Maureval said:

That's interesting, because Yang being in love with Jessica was much more pronounced in the original series. Especially when you add in Overture.

I don't mind emphasizing Yang's love for Jessica in the anime.
Nevertheless, it seems to me that Jessica and Yang's relationship was more sublime and sophisticated in the OVA (I don't include Gaidens and movies) than in this new adaptation.
I don't recall this violin and library thing from the novels but I may remember it incorrectly.
It's not just their relationship, i think this adaptaion doesn't do Yang justice. This interesting man is portrayed here as a shallow boy.

Btw, I like the fact that we share the same favourite characters from LoGH. :)
MaurevalApr 28, 2018 6:02 AM
Apr 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
LOL that simulator battle. Yang just let his fleet get destroyed knowing he technically would win by desroying the other's supply.
Apr 29, 2018 5:37 AM

Aug 2014
I like how they're adapting stuff differently from the 1988 series.

It seems like a good adaptation, other than that all the stylistic choices just seem inferior to the older series (soundtrack, lifeless looking bishounen characters, suburban homes and 21st century looking technology).

They made Federica Greenhill a bit catty in this. Hopefully they don't intend that to be a lasting trait of her. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me, especially considering what that interaction between her and Yang is supposed to influence.
Apr 29, 2018 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
Yang was asking the right questions even when he was a kid. I like the tea referance as well. It was a good attempt for backstory on Yang in this small time frame.
Apr 30, 2018 4:03 PM

Jun 2016
Good episode. This show is underwatched and underrated.
May 2, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2017
I like that they went in depth about Yangs background, in the OVA they didn't include much at least in the beginning. I also love that they included the scene about Yang choking lol I love that bit and I don't think it was in the OVAs until later. Some of this seemed to be original unless it is later in the Gaiden or in a novel I haven't gotten to yet. I'm liking the creative choices in this. It certainly feels like a readaptation of the novels rather than a copy of the OVAs.
May 5, 2018 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
How can people think this is rushed? It's actually less far along than the old series was at this point.

People still doubting this series after the last episode are clinging a little too hard to the OVA I think.

I got the first three novels for my birthday recently, so I'm going to be reading those and comparing.

I'm actually really starting to like the art style. I mean the male character designs were better in the older series, but the females in this series are wayyyyyy better. Most everything else has been spot on. I think the Imperial ship designs are a bit overdone.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
May 5, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
Translations are not that great when it comes to ranks.
May 9, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
So now we got to see a little of the story of the "other side" commander.
From what someone said above, what he did at El Facil was really impressive, but didn't have this feeling in the episode. But i am enjoying it so i think they are doing a good job, and it would be weird if El Facil was difficult to save xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 9, 2018 8:38 PM

May 2012
Another very lovely full of character development, I first thought they would cut these kind of parts out because the original anime was full with it, but here we are and it still has a pretty good impact to the series I must say! let's see what's next.
Aug 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Feb 2016
I think thet should have spend more time on el facil than jessica and lap. Now it looks like yang did nothing special then. And julian didn't star living with yang after el facil? (in gaiden at least...)

Aug 22, 2019 6:35 PM

Jun 2013
aliinetje said:
I think thet should have spend more time on el facil than jessica and lap. Now it looks like yang did nothing special then. And julian didn't star living with yang after el facil? (in gaiden at least...)

Yes, Julian started living with Yang after El Facil, but that was about 6 years later. Canonically, the evacuation of El Facil took place in 788 UC, whereas Yang became Julian's guardian in 794 UC (2 years before the Battle of Astarte).
Aug 23, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2016
MagisterArcanum said:
aliinetje said:

Yes, Julian started living with Yang after El Facil, but that was about 6 years later. Canonically, the evacuation of El Facil took place in 788 UC, whereas Yang became Julian's guardian in 794 UC (2 years before the Battle of Astarte).

Oh, it looked like it was right after El Facil.

Aug 23, 2019 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
aliinetje said:

Yeah, I know that scene in this episode was rather ambiguous, because it did not clearly show the passage of time.
Nov 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Aug 2018
Very cool episode
Aug 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2018
MagisterArcanum said:
aliinetje said:

Yeah, I know that scene in this episode was rather ambiguous, because it did not clearly show the passage of time.

I agree following this episode was very confusing, but I suspect that it is a consequence of condensing several volumes of novel over 24 episodes.

Really, when most of these events take place is hard to track, because it shows him graduating from fleet academy then referring to his academy days as years ago.

Either way the dialogue and context of the story are remarkable though.
Dec 28, 2020 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
#YangGang backstory episode loving it

ye people want easy lives so they have a tendency to be sheeples

also learn from history to predict the future yep so i wonder why Jessica says she is looking at the future without looking at the past?

Jun 13, 2021 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
I'm just over here fangirling about every character they introduce lmao
Although I'm not a fan of Cazellnu's redesign. Not a fan AT ALL.
And Julian looks like the boy from The Mummy Returns lol
Nov 21, 2021 12:51 PM

Aug 2017
Pretty cool backstory for Yang but i still think he's too OP for some reason. I hope he gets better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2021 11:16 AM
Nov 2020
Original Lotgh covered this episode in Gaiden series. I am so happy that they put this in the new series.
Jean is really a good guy. Good guy dies first....
Oct 30, 2022 4:22 PM
Jul 2021
nice character development nothing special
Jun 30, 2023 12:24 AM

Aug 2019
I like how Yang only wanted to read books at the library

A child?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.