Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2023 7:03 PM
Mar 2023
I feel that the first half of the cap was something that could be classified as filler but it still contributes to the plot, it gives us context of the small relationships that Mitsumi had and continues to have with her childhood friends. I think that with what Shima said at the end of the chapter we can confirm that the most probable case of his relationship with Ririka is that if it is some kind of emotional blackmail, I came to the point that, after all the scandal that occurred with the party , she has directly blamed Shima for having invited her, and that after Shima had apologized to him, Ririka still took pains to put her finger in Shima's yaga to remind him of what happened and make him believe that he is the culprit of everything, so that he always feels that he is indebted to her or that he is responsible for all the misfortunes that happen in his life and does not let him continue with his own relationships.
May 30, 2023 8:01 PM

Oct 2008
I’m convinced this show has some kind of crack in it to make it so good. The first half of this episode had me feeling so utterly relaxed and kind of nostalgic and the second half had me feeling so sad for Shima-kun. I wish this show wouldn’t end!
May 30, 2023 8:15 PM

May 2019
Good SoL episode although it was a little slow. I do like the attention to details, such as the little swirly marks on the plane's engines when Mitsumi was taking off. The 1st half with Mitsumi enjoying her trip back home was nice although having watched Summertime Render (as someone else mentioned) last summer I got vibes like something bad was going to happen too lol.

Anyways, the 2nd half with being back to school I noticed Mika tell Mitsumi she'll have plenty of chances to catch up with Sousuke (thought she was being maybe a bit snarky? or not). I still wonder what he supposedly did to that Ririka girl where he's being blamed for something bad that happened to her, hopefully we'll find out soon enough because maybe he is innocent after all (I thought it was something outlandish in the last episode but that backstory is pretty vague so far so who knows).
May 30, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 2022
So sad to see Shima-kun being like that but I'm so happy that Mitsumi came back for him.
May 30, 2023 9:08 PM
Aug 2021
I love how Mitsumi's hometown is depicted, it felt nostalgic and reminded me of my childhood summers spent with my family! It was great to see how Mitsumi maintains her friendships, from her childhood best friend to Shima who she has a crush on. The viewers can tell that Mitsumi treasures her friendships like the gem she is.

Also, it was nice to see a bit of Shima's POV and how he admires Mitsumi and Narumi for going after what they want. I hope Shima grows out of the guilt from his past, and is able to enjoy his high school days as well.
May 30, 2023 9:18 PM
Mar 2020
felt like this episode was 5 minutes long (BC ITS SO GOOD)
May 30, 2023 9:24 PM
Oct 2019
Mitsumi going back to her hometown.
It's kinda showing how fast summer break flew by just like that.

Shima-kun need help asap!?
May 30, 2023 9:43 PM

Oct 2022
Their situation is like opposite of each other..Mitsumi has good relationship with her parents, sibling and childhood friend while Shima's family is strained and he has that toxic bitch as a childhood friend.
May 30, 2023 10:03 PM
Jan 2023
I'm so sad with the fact that they are moving away, he looks so strange sometimes, I hope this isn't during for a long time
May 30, 2023 10:29 PM
Jan 2023
This animu slowly turning from slice of life to romance... 😳
May 30, 2023 10:55 PM
Aug 2013
LOVE IT!! Shima and Mitsumi best be together by the last episode..
May 30, 2023 10:55 PM

Mar 2010
Really do not ike shimas childhood friend..... Dk if that's redeemable
May 30, 2023 11:44 PM

Apr 2023
Mitsumi got tanned.. I wonder if she'll go back next episode lol, I like the part where Mitsumi thinks about how everyone and everything changes over the course of one summer. Shima seems a bit more closed off now, I want to see the resolution of his problems, the next part where the class will do a play performance will be a great chance to resolve it, isn't it?

May 30, 2023 11:44 PM

Dec 2022
Every interaction between Shima and Mitsumi is so well done, but why did it have to end like that.. hate cliffhangers. Can't wait for the next episode.

May 30, 2023 11:48 PM
Apr 2023
Looming tension in the air. With the recent gloom brought by Shima's cousin, Shima starts to distance himself from people, specially Mitsumi.
Looks like the story will focus finally on Shima this time.
May 31, 2023 2:37 AM

Oct 2022
Good thing Mitsumi is always there for Shima to brighten his day.

May 31, 2023 3:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mitsumi coming back home for the summer break that was really cute!! And now back to school it seems like it's school festival time! Theater play though, it's gonna be a difficult one
May 31, 2023 3:42 AM

May 2015
I like the wholesome aspect in this anime.
May 31, 2023 3:47 AM

Mar 2008
Shima-kun feeling all down and frozen thinking he's undeserving, i felt that.
May 31, 2023 4:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a wholesome beach episode. Mitsumi hanging out with her high school buddies, taking her time to relax and then being concerned about Shima, she's quite dedicated and cute, she shines. I'm worried about what happening to Shima as well and I don't know if the play is gonna help that much...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 31, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
What I like most about Mitsumi is that they are not trying to make her special and push it but she's still different in small ways(without it being forced) and relatable in a way that's not a total cliche while it is at the same time sometimes.

I don't like how Shima has gotten so depressed since his "friend" showed up :/. I really hope Mitsumi can cheer him up and show him that he totally deserves to have fun and a good time too.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 31, 2023 5:27 AM

Jun 2021
No Shima😭 don't listen to whoever-that-girl-is. You deserve to have fun too. Mitsumi's always there for you.
May 31, 2023 7:33 AM

Dec 2022
You need to cut toxic people like her from your life or else you just end up in a deep, dark pit of despair.
May 31, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2023
Gotta love the near silence scenes. Just soothing ambient noise and casual chatting. It gives such a soft and calm pace to the show.
StraisandMay 31, 2023 2:29 PM
May 31, 2023 4:59 PM
Mar 2018
An episode that seemed nice and cozy but not of any significance won me over with the smallest gesture from Iwakura who somehow actually caught that Shima was feeling down.
May 31, 2023 5:01 PM

Oct 2022
Great and nice episode. I really hope that Shima will be fine, also I really want to know what happened to him... We learned about him so little...

May 31, 2023 7:31 PM

Jul 2021
The first half of the episode was refreshing, despite its lack of dialogue. The scene between Mitsumi and her grandmother was well-composed, and it was clear that they had a close relationship. Mitsumi's reunion with her family and Fumi was heartwarming, and I loved seeing their friendship in action. The fireworks scene was beautiful, and it was clear that everyone was enjoying themselves. The morning view was stunning, and I could just imagine eating watermelons and swimming in the ocean with my family. Summer is a time for change, and it's a great opportunity to spend time with loved ones and create new memories. I'm currently on summer break, and I'm looking forward to all the adventures that await. The running sequence was really good, and the dialogue about friendship was on point. Shima and Mitsumi are so cute together, and it's clear that Shima sees Mitsumi as more than just a friend. I also really liked the OST that played during that time.
May 31, 2023 9:22 PM
Dec 2016
good episode as always
May 31, 2023 10:26 PM

Dec 2022
So I'm curious at what happened. Clearly it's some thing bad. Just how bad is the question. Shima feels responsible for it too.
May 31, 2023 11:25 PM
Sep 2016
Once again, this show proves that PA Works is the master of SoL. Almost every single PA SoL are so good just like this: Aquatope, Shirobako, Sakura Quest, Hanasaku Iroha, Irozuku, Tari Tari, etc, and now this.

Well, granted that the other titles are all originals, but Skip and Loafer is adaptation. So a big part of the greatness are credited to the author instead. But still, I don't think even the greatness of Skip and Loafer would be portrayed in full perfection like this if not for PA.

There are quite a number of CG background characters in this episode if you pay really close attention, but unlike many other shows, they are barely noticeable unless you really scrutinize every scenes. PA and their CG works are also always so great.
uncleqrowMay 31, 2023 11:33 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 1, 2023 5:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Such a short summer break episode they've got here ngl. But at least its chilling, so yeah nevermind. Tho by how Mitsumi already coming home after four months and might be return again in the winter, i must gonna say, girl, you have such a cool supportive family right there, especially when you looking by how Nao care with her previously.

Meanwhile, that's so different situation with our boy, Shima. So dazzling yet so far. Then why not coming in and share some thoughts? Even Mitsumi already giving the invitation so openly.

Alas its seems like its not that easy with Shima-kun, whatever his case tho. Truly understandable. So, yeah, summer festival needs to holds some more ground than this episode can serve. Let's see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 1, 2023 7:36 AM

Oct 2022
I am more excited to see how Shima's darkness will be overcome by our dazzling Mitsumi.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jun 1, 2023 11:51 AM
Aug 2022
man country folk are built different
Jun 1, 2023 2:09 PM

Jul 2022
it's actually getting good man, idk why or what about it is good but it is, for some reason
Jun 1, 2023 5:24 PM

Nov 2022
Mitsumi was just able to figure out right away that Shima was feeling down…unlike the first time she just outright said it.
Jun 1, 2023 10:58 PM

Oct 2022
I doubt Shima took his friend to a party to intently have something bad happen to her, so I don't see why he should continue being held back like this.
Jun 2, 2023 5:22 AM
May 2021
oh no play and purple haired girl is disgusting unlike yellow haired boy
Jun 2, 2023 6:38 AM

Nov 2022
I understand Mitsumi’s worries, talking to someone you haven’t talked to in a while is always stressful, felt that with internet friendships.
Jun 2, 2023 4:51 PM

Oct 2022
Even whe she went back to her home town Shima was always there, that dog is his exact copy; his spirit animal if you will.

A little dog indeed, sounds kinda off but it is what it is
Jun 2, 2023 6:54 PM

Jul 2017
Mitsumi going back home during summer break, and it's been quite a while to see her entire family together for a feast to welcome the few month-old city dweller. It's been tough on Mitsumi, but she managed to even meet up with Fumi to meet up their middle school mates, and also, congrats Fumi on your relationship! To just simply gather and play fireworks together, it's a symbol of youth in such a closely-knit village to just enjoy and let the time pass away like a free spirit.

After the drowsy homecoming, Mitsumi, now 15 years old, is back in Tokyo, and encounters Shima on the way to school. Also, seeing Kanechika-senpai in preparation for the cultural festival, and although he's not as pushy from before, he's still the same obssessed drama king as before. Sharing souvenirs with everone, and everyone either found or broke something on their summer break, which is normalcy. That being said, the scale of the cultural festival is more than what Mitsumi can handle being an overabundance of joy, though Shima himself is the one person she can't seem to crack, only being able to share the things from her heart.

In actuality, Shima is two steps back while everyone is one step forward...but Mitsumi is born different, and will pace together with him...when the opportune time comes, which is the cultural festival, and their class doing a drama theatre...to the shock of Shima.

Now what...?
Jun 2, 2023 9:08 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I am glad Mitsumi said something about his mood because he did seem distant. Hope those squid crackers are a reminder that he has people who care for him right next to him.
Jun 2, 2023 10:09 PM

Dec 2022
I hope Shima can somehow fix his situation with Ririka because that guilt will eat him up.
Jun 3, 2023 12:36 AM
Apr 2020
This episode was so artistic and the emotion was on point, maybe my favorite episode so far <3
Jun 3, 2023 1:49 AM

Jul 2021
He said the thing from the opening!

“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Jun 3, 2023 9:07 AM

Jan 2022
Weird that they made the airplane ride so realistic and just nice to watch, totally wasn't necessary tho lol Mitsumi is having the summer I wish I was having rn, instead, I'm stuck at work. Oh, how I miss being a student. Uh oh, Shima is not acting like himself...I hope he stops talking to the model because she's holding him back and instilling ideas of not deserving anything good in his life. 
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 3, 2023 3:11 PM

Jul 2016
The Non Non Biyori vibes I got from the first half were insane. Great episode once again.
Also loved the scene with Mitsumi commenting on how relationships change during a simple summer break. Her giving Shima two more snacks was so hnnggg
Jun 3, 2023 10:45 PM

Nov 2012

I was so worried that she was going to get lost on the way home. 2 trains and a plane! I can't imagine she being unable to fly from Tokyo.

I really hate that Shima is letting that model play on his guilt and bully him. She obviously has a career. Whatever scandal has blown over. He's supposed to pay for it for the rest of his life or something? I truly hope she gets told off right proper before it ends.

Jun 4, 2023 9:26 PM

Oct 2010
What a wonderful episode with Mitsumi's family, friends and hometown. Mitsumi has become one of my favorite anime characters ever, I love her attitude and her caring. She's very unique as a romantic comedy protagonist.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Jun 5, 2023 2:22 PM

May 2023
This anime is really the one that makes me smile the most this season.
So many good vibes, a slower paced, more poetic episode, even a diehard city dweller like me is heartbroken by Mitsumi's homecoming.
IMO Skip to Loafer is a really really good anime.
So peaceful

Jun 5, 2023 6:33 PM
Feb 2020
Certainly nostalgic, i went aboard to study and going back home felt like that. And you enjoy more the time at home loosing yourself and allowing to be pampered. It was a nice episode
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.