Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Anna in that rain coat...how adorable.

Meanwhile, this episode did a decent at job its love themes, at least from a story narrative point of view. It looks like the anime focuses on majority of their classmates, or at least the relevant ones with our main cast. An interesting direction imo considering every character's personalitieis and chemistry. 
Apr 29, 2023 11:20 AM

Apr 2016
Hey, Ichikawa, if you want to visit some of the darkest corners of the society, it does not need to be a crime scene or a pathology ... just visit your nearest manga/LN company :)

Anyway, that was actually a really nice girl talk between the chubby girl and our airhead, nice to see theyre good friends. Also, not the most unconventional "it's raining" scene we've seen in rom-coms, lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

And ... she is all over him already, isn't she.
Apr 29, 2023 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
Ichikawa has mentioned Mitsudomoe 0.o Great! It's quite a funny and chaotic one.
btw, when talking about Akita Shoten, I'm thinking of Seikon no Qwaser the most. 🤭
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 29, 2023 11:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm commercial visits sounds pretty fun. Though i doubt that any of Kyotaro's choices would have been allowed by the school. Kinda hard to deny Anna when she's that close lol. Nice to see that their little secret is finally out. Must have a hard job keeping Yamada away from snacks when they're out. To think that they decided on visiting a manga publisher. Being left behind with Anna should be an interesting opportunity for Kyotaro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2023 11:33 AM

Dec 2022
now it became a date
Apr 29, 2023 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
The interest groups of workplace observation, it's more like the boys are trying to hook up to Yamada's group, trying to be accepted into their group to complete the 6-member group. After muhch deliberation, it's the super pervert Kanzaki, though he feels overwhelmed to he chosen and should join a group that matches with his intelligence. Of course, Ichikawa trying his earnest to be accepted, and it being more harm than good, knowing that he himself is a genius as well. Hara is back with Yamada on the boy talk, and the chubby girl having scored Kanzaki to go out together, it's Yamada who sould be sharing stuff, which is something that Ichikawa would freak out if he'd heard anything out of the ordinary. In reality, Yamada is as every bit a girl as she is, from selfies to sharing earbuds...and snacks as well. Ichikawa getting exposed, and Hara kinda knows the drill between him and Yamada.

The typical "forgotten umbrella" trope strikes, and Ichikawa dons a raincoat, while Yamada, forgetting hers, borrows his for the time being to run to the nearest supermarket...but that she forgot her bag and having Ichikawa run in the rain to pass to her. Turns out, Yamada has an umbrella, and while it's not broken, and it's both sweet and embarrassing that he has to deal with her...to buy snacks and share with her, which solidifies his interest in her, and she reciprocates in return.

The workplace observation at the manga's publishing company Akita Shoten, it's fascinating, and I kinda glad that Adachi is the idiot that doesn't know any tact. Of all the things, Ichikawa's favourite series of Baki, it's as true to the original manga's drawing as possible, and the only time he gets a mention. Within the small lift, Ichikawa gets kabedon-ed by Yamada, and whatever reels off of Adachi's foul pervy mouth, rubs on Ichikawa. No doubt that Ichikawa is a manga nut that knows his stuff, and aside from getting off the Shogakugan name carefully, to have his Yamada play at him for being a weeb Otaku, it's not that way...and they somehow miss the train back home, stranded and split up.

What now...?
Apr 29, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2023
This show is good than Loving Yamada at lvl 999...it is way too underrated
Apr 29, 2023 12:11 PM

Mar 2021
sweet episode it was so nice to see Yamada and Hara having boy talk and good for Hara for getting a boyfriend
Apr 29, 2023 12:20 PM
May 2020
just got done with a baki spoiler right there😭😭😭. anyways, they've split up from the group
Apr 29, 2023 12:23 PM

Jul 2011
Kyoutarou be like " I was going to the library before was cool."

Mitsudomoe. That's a name that I didn't heard in a while.
Apr 29, 2023 12:24 PM
Dec 2016
felt kinda rushed no? i liked how the manga did these scenes more than the anime but I do like them adding the .#(the extra ones)  chapters.  
Apr 29, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2021
Ichikawa realising and accepting his feeling for Yamada so early on is great. Makes their interactions so much more interesting.
Also getting separated from their group at the trip. Can't wait to see what will happen. 

Agreed. This was really sweet.

Apr 29, 2023 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
BlichoBoy said:
Kyoutarou be like " I was going to the library before was cool."

Mitsudomoe. That's a name that I didn't heard in a while.

Mitsudomoe is the mangaka most famous past work, no wonder Sakurai decided to reference her own work.
Apr 29, 2023 1:04 PM

Jan 2021
Best ep so far
Damn this waifu is thirsty af i didn't realize it until now
She has lil details that shows how thirsty she's indeed
Like the pocket scene or the moment that she lied just to wear the Ichikawa´s rain coat
Then the elevator escene where even all of them were out of the elevator she was analizing Ichikawa's whole body

And Ichikawa is angry with Yamada for 2 things (hope they don´t fight) and i understand Ichikawa problem, he's not a person who open with people and when he does he wants something special (y'know what i mean) so if they laugh about what he likes then he'll be sad and angry about it, so we better take a look for the next ep

Apr 29, 2023 1:30 PM

Feb 2007
Good job, Yamada! Both with the umbrella and the kabedon. ^_^

And it's quite interesting how the episode title works both for the entire episode with the class split in groups as well as for the last moment where it's shown itself.

...and it was quite fun to see Adachi actually get along with two of the girls once they started discussing manga.
Apr 29, 2023 2:06 PM

Jan 2022
OK, I love this show so far this season.

>"we went on a date."

"Oh!!! how far did you guys go?"

>"Ahhh!! Y-you mean???"

"Out to Shubuya?"

Bruhhhh the frigging sex jokes are too funny 😂😂😂😂
Apr 29, 2023 2:09 PM
Mar 2023
I'm loving every second of this anime
Apr 29, 2023 2:13 PM

May 2019
Good episode, this may be the romcom of the season. Anne, despite sometimes portraying being an airhead, is really good at picking up little things, such as when Ichikawa said he did bad at a test to join her group she knew that was a lie.

I wasn't exactly sure why she lied about not having an umbrella besides maybe forgetting she had it so was it to pick up snacks? Or was it to simply wear Ichikawa's raincoat? Later on she also picked up on Ichikawa being a manga fan and grabbed his arm to check out some artwork, nice girl. The mini-kabedon in the elevator was surprising, especially after the doors had opened and she didn't move until Ichikawa said something. She definitely likes him too. Now they will have wait for the next train to get home unless they take the opportunity to have a date.
Apr 29, 2023 2:58 PM
Feb 2015
Mitsudomoe
As soon as Ichikawa mentioned about that I had a sudden memory when I went to first watch the anime and I had a really hard time holding in my laughter due to the nipple hamster incident 🙈
Apr 29, 2023 3:10 PM
Nov 2021
And now the character development is really starting and it will just keep getting better every episodes
They are adapting the manga perfectly and that's make me really happy
Also some of those ost are really good
Apr 29, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2019
The way Yamada saw Ichikawa being nervous and shy about taking a peek at the manga so she dragged him over there, made everyone clear out and let him get a clear view is some of the cutest shit I’ve seen in anime. So sweet. Their relationship is just too pure 😩

Haruya being such an idiot really helps break the ice during a lot of these scenes too

The elevator scene was great too!

Loved the references to the other manga works and overall another great episode. Can’t believe it was 23 minutes it went by so quick
Apr 29, 2023 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Great character developement finally!

Several nice moments - when she whispered she saw through his lies about the test, when Yamada pulled out snack out of Hara's pocket, when Hara found out they are secretly meeting at library, when he put her wallet to her cardigan, when he found her umbrealla (and realized later), when she shouted "dai suki!" (Yamada surely isn't as dumb as she pretends, I bet she saw similiar scene in her shoujo manga but to plan conversation like this so that she could say it ^__^)

Also, this :D
Apr 29, 2023 3:48 PM
Jul 2015
The best kind of awkward, and so much of it!
Apr 29, 2023 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
That Baki manga drawing was awesome, overall chill episode with some funny moments.
Apr 29, 2023 4:43 PM

Dec 2018
slow burn so far, but really sweet. the main protag girl is super innocent and the dude is like, figuring out his feelings a bit at a time. i hope he continues to grow and accept his own feelings.
Apr 29, 2023 5:22 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode, it’s getting hot in here…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 29, 2023 5:46 PM

Feb 2011
Yamada was so cute in the rain coat! The wallet scene, the elevator scene... so much goodness here, and ichikawa shouting "the loudest he ever has"

Seeing him get excited and yamada responding was cute

This episode is such a gem. The anime easily in my top 3 for the season.

They are just so cute

Apr 29, 2023 5:57 PM
Jan 2022
man that elevator scene had me going damn.

more chemistry going on here than that test in ichikawa's desk
Apr 29, 2023 6:53 PM

Nov 2018
I can't believe yamada confessed to ichikawa without thinking... even in the elevator scene where yamada wall slam to ichikawa that cause both of them staring each other... at least they starting to developent relationships between ichikawa and yamada...
Apr 29, 2023 6:57 PM

Apr 2022
at this point, they should just expect ichikawa to be behind the bookshelves. he basically camps there.
one piece, hxh and aot references though, it looked like ichikawa unlocked a sharingan in the elevator as well when his eyes started spinning.
and i thought he was gonna put her wallet in her breast pocket ngl.
Apr 29, 2023 7:37 PM
Mar 2015
He realizes he likes her but he thinks she does not like him Her kabedon on him was cute
Apr 29, 2023 8:00 PM

Jun 2010
I'm glad the name-drop of Mitsudomoe made it in from the manga. It's odd that every manga they mention is real except for "Kimi-iro Octave", which Yamada wants to lend to Kyoutarou. I guess it's more convieniant to be able to define what happens in this fictional manga.

It's cool they actually put a page of Baki into the scene. I wonder what page it is.

Chii was Yamada's bodyguard again.

Moeko being one of the best students is funny; Kyoutarou and others keep misjudging her.

The actual eroticism of the raincoat and elevator scenes is something I like about this series; it doesn't skip over this aspect of their attraction.
FronzelApr 29, 2023 8:16 PM
Apr 29, 2023 8:02 PM
Oct 2009
Great episode, we now definately know that Yamada is in MC. Man, the way she made other move, was funny. I kinda don't like how they draw Yamada, two other girls seem cuter then her, they a making Yamada gigantic, also sometimes she looks fat and her chest is also of the charts ... They should word on the art, since she is a model she should be more appealing, she might be tall and all but they don't make her cute or stand out at all.
Apr 29, 2023 8:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man the rain bit in this one was so good, the reveal that Yamada actually had a working umbrella made it that much better, there already wasn’t a question about it but man this girl is really going for Ichikawa and I love to see it. I also really loved the bit with Hara in the library, of course Ichikawa got caught for being too nosy but I guess it’s good he’s thought of as a safe friend lol.

And visiting a manga workplace was cool to see, Ichikawa getting excited and Yamada helping him out was really wholesome, and I also kept getting kicks out of the perverted guy here with how straightforward he is with his interests, I have a little bit of respect for it actually lol.

And looks like we got a 2 parter bit at the end of the episode with how it ended, it may seem bad to be left behind but I only see opportunity for Ichikawa and Yamada to get closer lol.
Apr 29, 2023 8:50 PM

Jan 2021
Workplace visits. The class needs to split up in 5 groups and there's already ruckus amongst the boys lmao. Anna & Hana had a nice conversation. Anna in a raincoat looks adorable and Kyoutarou even running towards her in the rain, just to bring her the wallet was nice.

Shou apparently only knows the dirty mangas and nothing else interests him. Kyoutarou on the other hand loves manga and saw his favorite one and Anna brought him to it. The references were nice towards One Piece & Attack On Titan manga. That lift scene, damn.

Anna & Kyoutarou really got split up and are now stranded.
Apr 29, 2023 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
Did anyone still had any doubts Yamada is also into Ichikawa? Hara noticed it too this episode.

Also adachi is such a dumbass.
Apr 29, 2023 9:17 PM

Feb 2021
Ahh my heart
I was smiling throughout the whole episode. I love every character and their interactions so much
Apr 29, 2023 9:29 PM
Jun 2013
How this is only 7.09? MAL users don't make sense sometimes.
Apr 29, 2023 9:42 PM

Nov 2010
  • "Don't show your irritation on your face, Yamada." Ichikawa read her facial expression from her back.
  • Yamada did reverse-kabedon[1] against Ichikawa in the elevator.
  • and Ichikawa did kabedon[2] in the rest room by himself.
kuroneko99Apr 29, 2023 10:09 PM
Apr 29, 2023 9:46 PM
May 2020
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Give it sometime, the score will improve after people finish the show, usually the majority of watchers wont give their final verdict until the last ep
Apr 29, 2023 9:54 PM

Mar 2021
Another really nice episode. The way they have arranged the source material has really made sense, and they seem to be covering the material pretty quickly (without leaving out much and even finding room for some omake/twitter extras). I think it aids with the pacing quite a bit that they do not feel the need to stretch out scenes needlessly. I know this show will not be everybody's cup of tea, but it truly is an example of a great adaptation: faithful to the source material while properly taking advantage (and eschewing the limitations) of the new medium. 
Apr 29, 2023 10:21 PM
Apr 2023
This episode covers one of the spiciest chapters in the manga but I wished they covered the entire event that they got separated from the group. But that scene in the elevator truly is one of the best ones.
Looks like Yamada is truly in to Ichikawa this time. Her seeing Ichikawa's most genuine smile, being overjoyed of the sight of Baki manuscript, made Yamada see somehow who Ichikawa truly is, underneath the gloomy exterior. This also made her stare at his face in the elevator and even made sure she waited for him, leading them to be separated.
Things will just escalate from this point and this two will just have even more tokimeki events, specially as Yamada becomes more assertive/aggressive and Ichikawa unconsciously becomes a gentlechad towards Yamada.
Apr 29, 2023 11:10 PM
Sep 2020
The interaction between the two has gotten even closer !!! My heart can't take it anymore !!!!!
8manYeagerApr 29, 2023 11:13 PM
Apr 30, 2023 12:30 AM
Apr 2019
The whole anime is great looking for watching the rest
Apr 30, 2023 1:55 AM
Aug 2013
It's pretty interesting how you get to know even more classmembers and how they act with each other.
And every episode I want to eat more sweets thanks to Yamada XD
Apr 30, 2023 2:12 AM

Apr 2010
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

And somehow it was 7.01 around ep 4 release day.. at least it’s rising now.

It’s one of those if some “YouTube influencer” talked about it, people would magically find its actually good. These score are mostly about perception.
Apr 30, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
The interactions between yamada and ichikawa is improving and it looks like yamada has crush on ichikawa but ichikawa isn't noticing it.
Apr 30, 2023 3:33 AM

Dec 2020
I just love how adorable this show now goes with yamada talk with ichikawa about which manga he like and so on and that rain scene was nice.
They have lost their group what’s gonna happen between them two.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 30, 2023 4:08 AM
Dec 2017
This feels like Watamote but with a boy MC: a slightly lewd non-stop cringefest that's still watchable. That also answers the question of a low score for BokuYaba, as Wamamote has a MAL score of just 7.)
Apr 30, 2023 4:10 AM
Jul 2021
The show is healing and melancholic at the same time, which is impressive.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

374 by Legendcandra_21 »»
Jul 18, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

143 by Seabury »»
Jul 9, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

173 by Meriurin »»
Jul 8, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

130 by Meriurin »»
Jul 7, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

122 by Meriurin »»
Jul 7, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.