Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 28, 2020 8:56 AM

May 2015
Im glad, another good episode. 4th good episode in a row.

Also, SHORT HAIR ELAINA IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a treat to see. Im a fan of short hair, its my favourite style so this was great.

Sadly now this great episode streak will come to an end with the well spoken about, episode 9.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 28, 2020 10:49 AM
Feb 2019
I love this anime and I love the opening!
🥰👍
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤....
Nov 28, 2020 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Them dollls looked a bit creepy, man Elaina looks 10x better with longer hair.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 29, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2016
Idk why but she was acting weird today, asking for straight death isn't that kinda too much?
Dec 1, 2020 6:22 PM

Oct 2008
That doll owner/suspect is a piece of work nut case!
fun ep!
the magic showcase was great!
5/5.

Dec 2, 2020 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Short haired Elaina looks even cuter, especially when shes mad.

Im so confused by the timeframe in this show though, like Sanya became a witch pretty fast considering she had so much trouble with becoming an apprentice
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 7, 2020 9:03 PM
Jun 2019
The Ripper is a he/she who likes to cut women's hair and put it on the dolls he makes... what a weird hobby for a name like the ripper lol.

Elaina without her hair looks weird to me.

The Ripper was a woman who is crazy, I should have known that because this is Anime.

Oh no You made Saya angry and also the ripper enjoys torture as well... sure enough she is crazy.

Looking forward for more!
Dec 16, 2020 6:19 PM

Aug 2017
Well, they went full creepy with the dolls, the doll seller being the main enemy was not a surprise, she was funny lol.
NurguburuDec 16, 2020 6:22 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2020 10:17 PM

Jul 2017
Elaina when someone is being kept as a human slave and her owner heavily implies he'll rape her in a few years: idk guys I don't wanna get in the middle of this. i don't wanna know what happens to this girl like. ever.

Elaina when someone cuts her hair into a flattering bob, which she can literally just re-attach later with zero effort: DEATH PENALTY DEATH PENALTY DEATH PENALTY
Dec 21, 2020 1:23 AM

Jun 2020
A rather boring episode with a mystery that was not rather difficult to solve if I am going to be 100% honest.

I really find it annoying the Elaina cares more about who cut her hair than more pressing issues like a rich landlord who literally sexually assaults a child slave. Her narcissistic tendencies also feel so weird. Like I get she is a confident person or whatever, but it just feels so like unnatural. I have to say, I don't like how they wrote Elaina AT all. I don't know how she is in the Light Novels, but seriously there have been countless times I wanted to rip her head off like she did to the doll because she is just so bizarre and unrealistic.

All I know for certain is that the only thing that is keeping me going through this show is the magic and worldbuilding, because everything else is so disinteresting to me.
Have a great day!

Dec 23, 2020 7:29 AM

Jun 2020
An unsettling episode due to the dolls , yiesh. This episode was really nice ngl , better than the last. It's not really dark like the earlier episodes but still unsettling.

Short hair Elaina OwO , but just as the hair, only lasted for a short period of time. The Slasher was obvious lol , i thought it would be someone else but atleast the puppet maker gave us lots of dialogue in the end, even when talking to Saya. Sheila was a nice character even though we only just got to know her, would like to see her more in the future. Elaina still has that serious and a bit over the top attitude when she wanted the puppeteer dead oof, well that's Elaina, her team up with Sheila in the auction was cool though!

I've heard a lot about the next episode , there was even a warning on a page I saw about it being dark, Really interesting , but i wonder how it will turn out.
Jan 1, 2021 6:58 AM

Feb 2018
I am happy that Elaina has long hair.
Jan 7, 2021 2:59 PM
Jul 2017
I actually liked Elaina in short hair
Jan 10, 2021 9:29 PM

Apr 2016
Elaina's hair cut short was a nice temporary change
Jan 24, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2020
And so the case was closed. Talk about being creepy dude. These dolls were actually not jokes. And the ripper was next level creepy. Even the people of the town were creepy and the secret auction was creepy. OMG CREEPY. Obviously Sheila thought that Elaina was thin :) lol. Ofc death penalty would be too much but eh… its Elaina speaking, so the simps must kill. More Saya-chan, wows.
Jan 24, 2021 7:24 PM

Oct 2013
This show is so fucking degenerate... smh

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 2, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Elaina with short hair reminded me of 2B.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 16, 2021 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the creepy country with its weird citizens and their obsession with creepy dolls having human hair. At least we meet a new detective witch Sheila who has a pretty stylish design. From the gathered data so far I can safely conclude that every witch has an odd personality.

Apr 5, 2021 10:24 PM

Nov 2009
This was one weird episode... cursed dolls... hmmm... lol

And looks like they're sticking with Saya in bunch of episodes huh...

The dolls are pretty well made tho, I kinda want one of them...

As for the "Ripper"... man... she's crazy, literally. (and a masochist too) And she messed with the wrong witches.

And looks like Elaina's OP time-reverse magic is at work again.

minniemoon said:
Elaina when someone is being kept as a human slave and her owner heavily implies he'll rape her in a few years: idk guys I don't wanna get in the middle of this. i don't wanna know what happens to this girl like. ever.

Elaina when someone cuts her hair into a flattering bob, which she can literally just re-attach later with zero effort: DEATH PENALTY DEATH PENALTY DEATH PENALTY

TBH, in case you didn't notice, the old dude already "raped" the slave girl back when the episode started and Elaina saw the slave girl coming out of the room with top of her cloth untied and then the old dude coming out of the same room a while later.

And Elaina already have a suspicion of that, which is why she mentioned the "wife killing herself" at the end as the kid was showing slave girl happiness that she couldn't obtain. But Elaina decide to ignore it as she flies away.

___ ___ ___

And yes, I agree that Elaina is a lot better with long hair.
amlgApr 5, 2021 10:32 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 5, 2021 10:29 PM

Jul 2017
amlg said:
This was one weird episode... cursed dolls... hmmm... lol

And looks like they're sticking with Saya in bunch of episodes huh...

The dolls are pretty well made tho, I kinda want one of them...

minniemoon said:

TBH, in case you didn't notice, the old dude already "raped" the slave girl back when the episode started and Elaina saw the slave girl coming out of the room with top of her cloth untied and then the old dude coming out of the same room a while later.

And Elaina already have a suspicion of that, which is why she mentioned the "wife killing herself" at the end as the kid was showing slave girl happiness that she couldn't obtain. But Elaina decide to ignore it as she flies away.

___ ___ ___

And yes, I agree that Elaina is a lot better with long hair.

That is genuinely worse.
Apr 7, 2021 11:47 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
YES she got her hair back!!! Aaahhhh I was so worried for my beautiful Elaina it wouldn’t have been the same!!!

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2020
This show has went downhill.

Elaine's personality is weird and sometimes her actions doesn't make any sense. Suddenly she's ready to give a death penalty to that crazy shopkeeper while that horrendous fat guy from the third episode wasn't that bad after all. It just feels odd how randomly she acts.

She also calls herself cute and beautiful all the time, which is getting annoying.

SerafosJul 30, 7:41 AM
Apr 27, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2016
Elaina finds herself in a country where having dolls is the norm. She meets another witch, the Night Witch Sheila, who is investigating 'The Ripper', who has plagued the place. Elaina gets her hair stolen and eventually helps Sheila.

This episode was rather creepy. The dolls are bloody nightmare fuel. Elaina, once again, only wants to help in a situation that involves her. Nothing wrong with this, of course, but it does make her out to be quite, I don't know, selfish.

Sheila has that private detective vibe to her, but man, she's so bad at it. And who would've guessed she was Saya's mentor, lol.

May 12, 2021 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
So that's why Sheila recognized Elaina's accessory.. So she's something like senpai for Saya?..
Who voiced villain of this episode anyway.. Good job, I guess.. I mean, this villain is quite enjoying herself there, it seems..
May 16, 2021 2:03 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed this episode. Elaina with short hair looks cute, the pink dress fits her nicely as well.

well, but don't steal Elaina hair or she will kill you. xD
Jul 31, 2021 9:48 AM

Apr 2011
I thought when they said ripper I thought it was killing people, but its actually stealing women's hair including Elaina's. And she look mighty fine in short hair.

Pretty funny how the culprit got punished by Saya when Stella told her Elaina.
Nov 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Aug 2018
I thought the hair episode will get a dark or deep story but...
Well, still entertaining though xD
Jan 30, 2022 9:26 AM

Oct 2017
And now she thinks that killing people who cut her hair is the right and fairest option. Anyone else's hair and she'd just fly off as usual... but killing over giving her a bob? Jeez, I can't anymore.
Mar 3, 2022 11:59 AM

Jun 2020
Whatever anyone says dolls are just borderline creepy, Even just making them in the process is creepy especially those blank faces

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one, Elaina with her short hair this episode sure is gorgeous I wish to see more of her in this new hairstyle, Makes it too easy to guess who the cutter really is

Well it was fun while it lasted not really but I liked Elaina for her hairstyle this episode and that's it the story is just too predictable.
Mar 5, 2022 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
Shit, a whole city around dolls. I'm gonna hate this.

I like the doll shop owner's design, more anime girls need eye shadow.

Was expecting horror episode with a killer doll; got funny prank instead. This anime never ceases to surprise me.

Short-haired Elaina tho. Unf

Lmao at Sheila throwing Elaina off the bed. I'm dying.

That auction scene was...something...

That got really weird at the end. Shopkeeper nutso.

Weird episode. This series is strange, but I think I like it.
FunnyRatmanMar 5, 2022 1:35 AM

Mar 20, 2022 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
the last 2 episodes are great, my faves so far from this series.
Apr 8, 2022 4:30 PM
Sep 2007
Those dolls were creepy. I was kinda expecting the plot twist from "Vampire Princess Miyu" episode where missing women were turned into "living" dolls. Or something just as scary.

Elaine looks cute in short hair, not sure why she makes a big fuss over this. Then again, surprise haircut is a bit creepy...

The culprit. I have no idea what her motivation was, but turned into masochist pretty quickly.
Apr 30, 2022 5:33 PM

Jan 2020
This town was worse than the foot fetish town. If any town ever deserved to be purged with flames, it's this town.

I also find it highly suspect that there weren't any children in that whole town. Everyone is just in a relationship with various dolls? If so, at least it should go extinct eventually then.

I'm going to call Elaina's bluff. It would've been a much more interesting spin if she actually did murder everyone in the auction. She is all bark and no bite.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 2, 2022 5:56 AM
Sep 2021
It was a decent episode, it was all about the ripper making dolls from human hair. And how she was caught.

I give this episode 4/10.
Jul 18, 2022 7:20 PM

Nov 2020
Cousin's Friend's Boyfriend's Girlfriend? Is that even logically possible? I love how this series just from 1 to 10 at times lol.

Also thank god she fixed her hair, can't stand it when long haired protagonists end up with short hair and stay like that the rest of the series.
KrowGraveJul 18, 2022 7:47 PM
Sep 23, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2021
Assim como o anterior, esse episódio também foi engraçado, só que o anterior foi mais, mas esse ficou legal, ver a Elaine pistola por causa do cabelo kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Apr 26, 2023 2:04 AM
Aug 2022
That's the first time ever I've seen a case of a masochistic and a sadistic person in my life. Goddamn I'm creeped the fuck out by that.
Jun 2, 2023 9:40 PM

Dec 2022
Elaina is way too cold sometimes and way too kind other times like now, the bare minimum was making that girl completely bald if not taking a limb or two.
Apr 3, 7:05 PM

Dec 2022
exceedingly creepifying and a damned good bit o' fun!
May 24, 11:10 PM
May 2024
I like it but idk why
Jun 12, 3:36 PM
Oct 2020
Oh ok so this witch is actually Saya's teacher. We got a case of a weirdo witch going around cutting and stealing people's hair. Kinda nice to see short hair Elaina but long hair is best after all
Jun 15, 5:51 PM
Nov 2017
amazing from brazil i like so much
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» about why elaina doesnt help people

asalkur - Dec 25, 2023

34 by Phanyx7 »»
Oct 22, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

247 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Oct 5, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

176 by trulyadmirable »»
Aug 25, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

187 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 27, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

277 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 26, 6:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.