Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
This episode made me slightly hungry. I love how they used the cartoony style of instructions for using wheat and making bread.

It was an entertaining episode with more exploration, science, and comedy. Glad to see Minami also get in more screen time but it was hilarious to see Senku in a dress. Not something you'd see everyday but still hilarious. 
Apr 13, 2023 6:59 AM

May 2020
Let's be honest, that bread wasn’t something normal humans should consume, at all. Literally felt like chewing on something like charcoal.. no that still is a bit generous. So a pro chef was indeed needed, and who’s better than Ryusui’s very own butler, Francois, for this task. She, who’s voiced by Sakamoto Maaya, was revived by the last remains of the revival fluid, which that reporter lady was reluctant enough to give in the beginning, but hey they struck a deal and there came Francois, and thus, EDIBLE breads too lol. Some lucky guys they are… feasting on something that good in this primitive world.

Now about that deal… dude if someone would’ve told me we’ll see something like a fucking CAMERA in their world, I would’ve just burst out laughing but no, Senku and his science makes the impossible possible in this primitive world. And thus we got the camera and then came the very first picture.. of Senku, in some remarkable pose, that wacky Einstein tongue way lol.  

Insanely drippy suits/5
Apr 13, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
Senku and Co. desperately need a pro chef, and pronto!

Ryusui's need for greed brings them to Minami and Gen in exchange for the revival fluid to revive a chef, and it's his butler Francois to prepare deliacies like Stollen, usually eaten at Christmas, made with goat butter and alcohol, and served like royals no matter the time period with meals that look and taste just as good as in modern times. François's bread-making class is fine edutainment, and the Steam Gorilla gets a Mk. II treatment with craftsman Kaseki in tow.

Turns out, Minami wants a mirror that can act as an actual mirror, but more importantly: film in humanity's oldest camera, the daguerreotype, to record picture memories from scratch, whilst managing expectations of how to use his greed to the maximum with Ryusui's wardrobe. But the best picture, is one taken from the sky.

Greed, indeed, equals justice. What a perfect replica of Senku being Albert Einstein (with the iconic stick-out tongue), the procreation of the New World. Remarkable.
Apr 13, 2023 8:16 AM

Feb 2021
This makes me wonder with what kind of camera was that famous photo of Albert Einstein taken.
Apr 13, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2009
Making Stollen, eh? Damn. Now I want some too, Christmas legit is the last time I had that. It is as tasty as they made it seem. (Imagine adding a bit of marzipan too... yum.) I still say that's not a chef though but a baker - as Francois's "bread class" actually being a "bakery course" also indicates. Pastry chef perhaps, considering how Stollen is quite a far cry from actual bread, but the point stands.
Incidentally, the way they made such a fuss about gender? François as it's actually written there too would indicate male (basically Francis/Francisco/Franz), and yet all things considered, gives more of an impression of a female, so it should actually be Françoise (Frances/Fanny/Francine). It's some interesting mental gymnastics all around, especially with Sakamoto Maaya's voice to boot.

The way they made that connection to Christmas in the first half, and then rounded back to it with that... snapshot of Minami's childhood memory of her first camera in the second half - brilliantly done. A tiny detail, but it was a nice frame. ... Pun not intended.

PS: pls do put Senkuu in more costumes, it's bloody hilarious. xD
Apr 13, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2021
Sheesh Dr Stone is just amazing innit!
Apr 13, 2023 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
Good episodes, though I would have thought there were more important things to make other than cameras
Apr 13, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2015
Amazing as usual, it's hard to complain when I even get to see Senku crossdress. I'm still questioning when will Senku's boyfriend revive though.
Apr 13, 2023 8:51 AM
Jul 2016
a fantastic introduction to a new character. I'm still so hyped for what's to come this season of Dr. Stone
Apr 13, 2023 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
bread and black and white camera acquired good episode

capitalism is gonna come back too

Apr 13, 2023 8:55 AM

Dec 2020
Lol this butler is insane francois can make this stollen now they have also a camera and a photo.
Nice work senku, that face expression at the end lol.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 13, 2023 8:56 AM
Dec 2021
I’m gonna read about how to make a camera now, seems interesting. And that pose, 😂, I already knew he was gonna do that Einstein pose when ‘the most famous scientist’s pose’ was requested.
Apr 13, 2023 9:06 AM

Mar 2020
That's a lot of stuff they created in just one episode, bread, mirrors, and cameras. Francois was pretty cool, let the butler cook! A lot of interesting outfits this episode as well, I guess Yuzuriha was cooking them up too. Interested to know what type of camera was the one that captured Einstein's picture.

Greed equals justice indeed, as capitalism is slowly crawling back into the new world.
Apr 13, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
Albert Senku of the new world. Back with a new invention every episode.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 13, 2023 9:21 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was great because it focused on food and photography two of my favourite things. As a landscape photographer I definitely relate to the desire of wanting to go out and take pictures again.

Francois finally in the anime lets goo. I didn’t even know she was supposed to be gender ambiguous, I’ve always thought she was clearly a girl, but either way one of my fave characters and can’t wait to see the things she cooks up animated.

The rebirth of capitalism is beginning too
Apr 13, 2023 9:32 AM

Sep 2013
Françoise chara design is pretty cool, finally a character specialized in food too, she will probably cook up some shokugeki no souma tier food but for me the climax of the episode was the picture Senku took, pure chills.
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 13, 2023 9:35 AM
Aug 2022
I thought that girl wanted a sex toy or something 😬
Apr 13, 2023 9:39 AM
Jun 2021
I liked this episode but the only problem was Francois’s gender being made ambiguous. I hate when shows do this it doesn’t do anything for the plot or the character and it makes no sense. I will be calling Francois a woman since she is voiced by a woman.
Apr 13, 2023 9:51 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh them 2D bread be looking good. I want some.

Senku (re)invented the camera! And he decided to pose as Einstein. That was good.

Next episode, First Contact. First contact with what exactly?
Apr 13, 2023 9:58 AM
May 2022
This episode brought us back to the original Dr Stone theme where Senku makes cool modern things and surprise us.
The refrence of Albert Einstein in the end was awesome and Senku looks cool in the photo.
It's exhilarating......
Apr 13, 2023 9:59 AM
Oct 2009
Didn't like the new character however the episode was good, they now take less time on science, which was the perk of this show. Still it's good
Apr 13, 2023 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
lmao the Einstein pose, was so funny. I had a feeling they'll do it
Apr 13, 2023 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Francois getting straight to work after 3700 years lmao. Now that's what I call dutiful. Great episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 13, 2023 10:35 AM

May 2021
Tanslay said:
I thought that girl wanted a sex toy or something 😬

omg, i thought the same haha
Apr 13, 2023 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
EEEEEEEEEEEEEYO
EYO
EYO
EEEEEEEEEEEEEYO
Apr 13, 2023 11:05 AM
Sep 2022
I love how Senku posed like Einstein!!

truly the new Einstein of the new world.
Apr 13, 2023 11:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's only natural that Senku does the iconic Einstein pose since he has E=mc squared on his jacket. In order to get some quality bread they had to revive Francois who was Ryusui’s butler. She immediately got to work as if nothing happened and found out that the key ingredient for making bread was flour. Minami had to give some of the revival fluid to bring back Francois in exchange that Senku had to give her something that she always wanted. At first we thought it was a mirror, but the mirror itself was another key component to another invention which is a camera. Not only can Minami can use the camera to preserve key moments, but it can also be used to take aerial photos from the hot air balloon. 
Apr 13, 2023 11:51 AM
Dec 2019
Good episode! They made bread and cameras. Love Senku's pose.
Apr 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
FREAKING US LMAO

i kept thinking of a dildo.. especially when they muted her words and the 2 ishigamis villagers went "???" I 100% thought she was asking for a sex toy...
Apr 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like reviving Ryusui's butler, Francois, to be in charge of the cooking, as well as other things, was a wise choice indeed. It's interesting to see that Francois's gender is unknown, as Ryusui explained, but he's not bothered about finding out the truth of that subject.

Either way, stollen was the choice for the best type of bread for the long voyage and the early test results of cooking it with the required ingredients was a huge success. =)

In exchange for the revival fluid that was used to revive Francois, Minami's request for a camera to be made came true. The scene when Senku gives the camera to her, which led to flashback shots of how getting a camera influenced her to become a journalist before the petrification beam incident, was a wholesome scene. Of course, Senku ended up making more cameras which did take the shine out of the special moment for Minami! XD

Top end the episode in typical Senku style, his chosen pose for having his picture taken which came out in a monochrome print, he replicated the infamous Albert Einstein pose and him sticking his tongue out. You couldn't ask for a better comparison, could you?

Now if only old man Kaseki could keep on wearing that dapper suit for the rest of the season...
Apr 13, 2023 12:39 PM

Dec 2020
Oh yes the famous pose by Albert Einstein. That suits Senku.

Next episode is called First Contact...? With what? Or with whom? Are we going to meet some other tribe? Let's see. 
Apr 13, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2016
After failing miserably at making bread on their own and proclaiming they need to find a chef to make good long lasting food for their voyage. The science kingdom has found the perfect one in Francois. The loyal butler, cook, and general attendant for Ryuusei now brought back to make delicious bread. Ryuusei smartly knew that Minami would have hidden some revival fluid since she was the one designating who to bring back for Tsukasa. Making a deal with her to make a camera in exchange for the fluid. Definitely worth it since its a win win deal, Francois made some of the tastiest looking bread I've ever seen. With fruits and delectable coating to make it last even longer on the ship, adding to the flavor. Minami getting her camera actually made me emotional. I love when this story has Senku make something that is special for someone from modern times. Its really special seeing that person remember the joy that Senku has remade in the stone world. Its such a great idea too having cameras so they can record their work as civilization gets rebuilt. Being able to use it to survey the land should help with their oil hunt. Moving closer to being ready to set sail.
Apr 13, 2023 12:49 PM
Jan 2022
Starting to pay more attention to the story. I was just going to watch this on the side but it's getting good
Apr 13, 2023 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
i really like the ending scene haha
Apr 13, 2023 1:05 PM

Apr 2018
A butler added to the crew, which means that the food will be good this time. And it sure was, Chrome was enjoying it fully. This is just the first step of the journey. Oh yeah, they've also made cameras which is crazy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 13, 2023 1:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dr. Stone Season 3: Let's Get This Bread

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 13, 2023 2:16 PM

Jun 2015
KyotoSadness said:
Good episodes, though I would have thought there were more important things to make other than cameras
Not that more important, since cameras will help them chart maps better
Apr 13, 2023 2:26 PM
Mar 2023
What a badass 🧐 welcome scientists to the second chapter! Enjoy it 10 billion percent
Apr 13, 2023 3:13 PM
Aug 2020
It was Good, for the moment, I don’t enjoy like the previous ones…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Jun 2021
The Nikola Tesla pose would have been much better

Apr 13, 2023 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Felt so smart for knowing he was making a mirror. lol
This show just hits differently, I'm biased.
[ Insert signature here ]
Apr 13, 2023 3:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Dr. Stone train keeps on trucking, speaking of when do we get trains lol. Jokes aside this one slapped, we got introduced to a new character named Francois, and it wasn’t specified what their gender was which is interesting, not that it really matters tho as Ryusui said because they’re a killer chef, the moment they got back it was bread time and the primitives got a taste of actual bread which resulted in some great reactions.

And this couldn’t be done without Minami, who ended up having a really good moment where she reunited with a lost passion of her’s, being a camera. I’ve loved moments like these ever since Gen got his cola in Season 1, glad to see them keep coming, the flashback was especially sweet showing her love for cameras. And thanks to the addition of the camera the speedrun of humanity’s comeback can now be captured on camera, and Senku references Einstein once again with the classic tongue out photo being redone, perfect. Also loved the Freddie Mercury reference during the photo shoot lol.

And I gotta call attention to that ED once again, I am absolutely jamming to that lol, so good.
Apr 13, 2023 4:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
François is cool ahah, of course we need a french person when it comes to bread, also they can make photography now that's so cool, though the Einstein pose was ridiculous lmao
Apr 13, 2023 4:12 PM

Dec 2019
Senku's pose goes hard, this journey is so much fun to keep up with, I'm debating so hard if I should read the manga despite this season airing
Apr 13, 2023 4:28 PM

Jun 2017
I loved how they did the Einstein pose!
Apr 13, 2023 4:38 PM
May 2021
masterpieceeee!!!!
Apr 13, 2023 4:39 PM
Apr 2022
KyotoSadness said:
as Senku said it allows them to quickly capture and map out the land from the skies. It’s very useful to them due to the air balloon.
Apr 13, 2023 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
I LOVED the butler and Senku' tongue pose! Great episode! Very fun to watch! Greed is justice!
Apr 13, 2023 4:56 PM

Jan 2021
Senku is Him !!!!!!
Apr 13, 2023 5:16 PM
Dec 2021
dude just casually made a fucking CAMERA like it's nothing
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

188 by profesor_0 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

95 by Kotoseru »»
Aug 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

98 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jul 19, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2023

194 by bikerswan »»
Jul 3, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2023

103 by Muow »»
May 14, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.