Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 18, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
It's tough to deal with personal demons, especially egos so this episode had a decent way of expressing character psychology.

Chigiri has honestly grown to be one of the most prominent members among the cast. This episode also gave more background storytelling on Bachira and is a nice break from the usual intense matches. 
Feb 18, 2023 8:59 AM

May 2020
Come on this ain’t a crime thriller, no need to build up suspense that way lol. The ED already spoiled who team Isagi was choosing either way, though still the obvious… they went with Chigiri. Also man was it hilarious, the way Nagi dumped Reo. Felt like a girl cockblocking her boyfriend at the last moment after promising a night just the day before. That last blow from Isagi was just the final nail in the coffin.. poor Reo lmao.

Been a while since we saw something about Bachira, minus those single minute glimpses once in a blue moon since he went ahead. It’s about that “monster” of his.. yes he takes that seriously please don’t creep out. He saw the one within our protag and the rest is history. Good callback to that first episode. Though now it’ll be that 4 vs 4 we were awaiting all this time.  
Feb 18, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2015
This was a set-up episode for sure. Looking forward to the match next time, but I definitely enjoyed the first half of the episode with the interactions of Barou and Isagi as well as Chigiri and Nagi.
I'm not the biggest fan of Bachira but I suppose it's necessary to go over his story for the next match.
Feb 18, 2023 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
The team has chosen for Chigiri, and it looks like Nagi dumped Reo hard lmao, those 2 were left behind. 

Bachira's past was an interesting one, man got a lot of screentime this episode. 

Now it begins, Isagi vs Rin for the 2nd time, hopefully this will go better.
Feb 18, 2023 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
What an episode. Got to feel for Kunigami and Reo. Isagi was really cool too during that instance with Reo and at the end with Rin and Bachira. I also liked those small moments between Isagi and Barou, and Nagi and Chigiri. Their egos seem to clash but their chemistry is growing well together. Time for the rematch and to get Bachira back.
Feb 18, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2020
Nagi was so cold to Reo
lmao

Feb 18, 2023 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
Bachira may have schizophrenia, lmao
Feb 18, 2023 11:10 AM

Aug 2014
I want Iemon (The GK) to be someone so perfect and powerful but was just a GK because he was forced there.

"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 18, 2023 11:14 AM
Mar 2021
guys is this episode only for 6minutes and 40seconds I feel something wrong with my website I choose to see the latest episode
Feb 18, 2023 11:27 AM
May 2021
Bachira really does believe in that “monster” inside him. I loved this ep bcuz we learned how Bachira’s views Football compared to others.
Feb 18, 2023 11:40 AM
Jan 2022
why is my ep only 6:40 long??
Feb 18, 2023 11:50 AM

Jul 2017
A perfect and well-balanced team, this in Blue Lock this doesn't work, and Isagi's requirement of somebody that they can devour, there is only 1 person that fits the bill: Chigiri. The latter leaving the 3-man group, with Nagi's condolences towards Reo, the former's clearly changed and the latter is subsequently left behind. Same with Kunigami, if they held their heads down, it would dishonor their progress up to this point.

Maid Barou is back, and with the selfish princess Chigiri, this chemical reaction is total chaos. That said, both him and Isagi having their meals together, with the latter feeling regret that he might've agitated Barou too much, but him asking about his special fielding abilities, and he admits his fault of being immature. So at the very least, Barou's character development in the last episode was his turning point to finally gel together with Isagi. Both Chigiri and Nagi having a moment also, with the latter watching Noel Noa's videos to improve his technique, and the former depending on his resolve to push through his ticking time of his right leg. Believe it or not, these 4 are on the way to greatness.

The Dancing Boy that is Meguru Bachira, he's life the kid who is very developed with soccer, something that neighborhood kids will not get him. His mom comforting him with the voice of the "monster" within him that shows his joy, that's where he shines, but not in teamwork, but rather in individuality to beat the monster within him. That is, until the Blue Lock selection came to him, and throughout the times past, has survived with his know-how, to find the closest person that resembled his monster, the "friend" from within: Yoichi Isagi. Rin Itoshi knew that he was looking for the monster within him, but couldn't care enough for his own objectives: a monster that has no equal.

The fight for Bachira: will it be Isagi or Rin?
Feb 18, 2023 11:57 AM
Dec 2021
So They chosen Chigiri.Nagi dumped reo bad.Bachira past was good too he wants someone to play soccer with like the monster inside of him and Rin vs Isagi is going to happen a 2nd in the next episode.
Feb 18, 2023 11:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I was baited by the ending sequence thinking they were gonna pick Reo, though Chigiri was the smart play there. I wonder how the rest of the teams are doing, we haven't seen them in a while.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 18, 2023 12:00 PM
Jul 2021
what if isagi chose reo? 😳
Feb 18, 2023 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
Great set-up episode, definitely one of my favorite overall episodes of the show so far. Reo got dumped again by Nagi, I don't know whether to laugh or cry T-T Reo kinda deserved that wake-up call, but Nagi did not have to be so harsh about it when Reo's already so disheartened. Way to drive the nail in the coffin. And if you've read the Nagi spinoff, well....yikes.
Barou is finally trying to understand his teammates more, nice character development for him. Nagi and Chigiri's interactions were fun to watch. This is a chaotic 4-man team, in more ways than one.
Bachira's backstory was awesome - baby Bachira is so adorable and precious, and mama Bachira is fine as hell. My favorite character backstory of the series so far.
Looks like the big re-match is coming up in the next episode, super excited to see it. And lmao poor Iemon. His character role thus far has just been reduced to being the goalie. Someone pass him the ball xD
XiaoFeb 18, 2023 2:43 PM

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 18, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2010
No homo but yellow eyes lad looked kinda cute for a bit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 18, 2023 12:19 PM
Jan 2021
Good episode,more of a filler if you ask me
Feb 18, 2023 12:20 PM

Nov 2017
Finally we're done with 3 vs 3
Feb 18, 2023 12:31 PM

Dec 2020
So a re-match huh

I think Rin and his team will win. I can't see Rin losing here tbh.

Feb 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Jan 2010
by isagi's logic in his choice of chiguiri then he will choose rin if they win this time.

looking foward to the match.
Feb 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Oct 2019
This was a cold one.
Reo gets bullied by Nagi then a few moments later we see Bachira getting bullied as a kid which brought me to tears.
These are all players who yearn for that real team spirit & connection.
RaccoonBicepsFeb 18, 2023 12:55 PM
Feb 18, 2023 1:32 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Chigiri is on Isagi's team and they move on to the fourth stage leaving Kunigami and Reo in the second stage. It was nice to see Barou and Isagi bond for once. We got a look at Bachiria's backstory and his desire to find the monster inside him that exist in real life.
Feb 18, 2023 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
careful with your imaginary friend aka monster inside of you Bachira since your worst enemy is yourself anyway so that monster inside maybe limiting you

Feb 18, 2023 2:01 PM

Oct 2009
This was great. Really nice mix of drama (jfc unassuming Nagi is brutal af), dumb silliness, and a deep dive into the past. Soundtrack made it even more awesome.
Feb 18, 2023 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
I hope Nagi's pillows are always warm for dumping Reo like that lmaoo jk. But I do think Reo needs to grow and become his own person away from Nagi. Loved Meguru's backstory. He's so pure and precious. Can't wait for him and Isagi to go up against each other.
Feb 18, 2023 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
Finally moving on to the 4v4 match with Chigiri as the newest member of Isagi's team. It was nice to slow down a bit and flesh out Bachira's character a bit more first. 

Nagi turning his back on Reo was cold, damn lol. He really said fuck you bro I'm done. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Feb 18, 2023 2:11 PM
Jan 2023
i loved this episode 🫶🏼 i’m so excited for the next match, even if i already know what’s gonna happen

loved the additional time it was so funny, loved how they’re giving us a little more time with the other characters from team Z
Feb 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Nov 2017
WOW Bachira child with his mother! ❤️ And Iemon hurts me.
Feb 18, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2015
I love it when anime do the thing where they retell a scene from the beginning from another character's point of view. It's especially nice if it's done well and gives insight onto what really happened. If you remember the first episode, the rule was whoever touched the ball last is eliminated. Bachira took the ball from Isagi and did one of his non sensical passes to where the monster was. He knew that no one would receive his pass just like all those other times in his life, and that meant he would be eliminated from Blue Lock. We even got to hear Bachira's thoughts while chasing Kira. He was scared, he knew he would be eliminated, and that meant quitting his dream and going back to being alone. But he still believed and passed it there. When I first read this in the manga, I really liked how the author gave depth to a character who seemingly appeared to just be the "crazy" troupe in the beginning.

Ah yes, and the second Reo/Nagi breakup. While Nagi's arc of developing from a lazy talented person to someone who works hard and loves soccer isn't uncommon in anime, I do like how Blue Lock explores how that impacts his relationship with Reo. Great episode all around!
Feb 18, 2023 2:24 PM

Jul 2022
another epic episode man, but if isagi's team wins against rin's team wouldn't they choose rin cuz he stronger than bachira, unless bachira gets better in this match ofc

and the way nagi talked to reo.. damn that was brutal haha
Feb 18, 2023 2:32 PM

Apr 2018
Great set up episode. Showed Isagi's change of nature, same goes for Nagi. Later half was hilarious as hell and the next match will be against Rin

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Sep 2020
lol all those people who cringe over the "monster inside me" scenes, I hope you can see why it was implemented. Blue lock, shows its grounded side once again and I'm impressed. We get to see Bachira's backstory and how as a child, he constructed a monster to combat his loneliness. I like how this episode covers the cracks and gives a proper explanation as to why Bachira passed to no one in particular in episode one. I also enjoyed the first half of this episode, with Nagi trying to improve his play and Barou and Isagi having their bro moment. I fucking love these characters, can you tell????

Anyway, It's Rin's team vs Isagi and as a manga reader, this rematch is one of my favorite matches in the whole series. 8bit please come through!

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Feb 18, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
Yess they picked Chigiri, honestly best choice. Rest of the episode was about Bachira’s past, I quite like it
Feb 18, 2023 3:03 PM
Nov 2021
BRO TF IS THIS PUKE AURA FOR ISAGI BUT BLUE FOR BACHIRA
Feb 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Apr 2018
I thought there was gonna be a plot twist with them picking Reo. But after they had their discussion, I just knew they were going to pick Chigiri instead. Wise choice but also dangerous if Chigiri hurts his leg.

Dang...Nagi really went cold. Poor Reo lol...
Feb 18, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2022
I'm happy they picked Chigiri instead of the others. Baby Bachira was so cute omg I'm happy he got some screen time. I've been missing him. The fact that Isagi and Bachira depend on each other makes sense. I realized that when Rin said he was looking for someone. Barou has evolved so much in these past few episodes. I love the character development. Nagi really shamed Reo and put him in his place. Maybe now he'll realize his true potential. This episode wasn't as exhilarating as the previous ones but like I said, I'm happy we got to learn more about Bachira <3 I think the next episode is going to be good. Ugh I hate having to wait a whole week though.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 18, 2023 3:40 PM
Jul 2016
Blue lock is just great at pacing and setting up the next match
Feb 18, 2023 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
well as expected, Chigiri was the chosen one ... tho, maybe Reo would also be a good choice with his passes
Chigiri and Kunigami acting just like Yoichi and Bachira, but unlike Bachira who won't wait, Chigiri said the opposite, he will wait for Kunigami ... tho does that mean Chigiri wants to lose to Kunigami so Yoichi loses too? lols

Reo was angry that Nagi didn't pick him, but even if they were together now, it wouldn't satisfy them
LOL rip, Nagi told him he doesn't care anymore, now, is that true, or is he just trying to give Reo a revenge challenge?
Reo and Kunigami feeling the big dispair as they watch the other 4 leave, now will they fight back? or will they drop in the next stage?

Bachira talking with his mom about his imaginary monster, and his mom actually encouraged him, she is nice
he is having fun practicing with the stronger Rin

LOL Isagi's team room just got weirder with the adiction of the long haired princess, BArou going to lose some blood over these 2
Barou is the only one who accepted to go eat something, the other 2 are too busy with their lazyness or skincare

Barou is scary, Isagi thought he was still mad about the game, but he actually asked about Isagi's vision during the games, and Isagi told him about all his weapons, again...

Isagi said sorry for the stuff he said during the game, but Barou knows Isagi was right about everything, he just wasn't mature enough (that being said, he will still do the same things, maybe he will be more willing to hear the team, but he will probably still play alone...lol mature)

Nagi trying to learn more tricks to control the ball, but that's already one of his best tricks, i guess he wants to perfect them
lol Nagi doesn't know anything at all about football, which is a bit strange, with how good he is at it
lol at the training, with a ton of stuff flying around the room

Bachira having fun trying to dribble past Rin, but Rin isn't excited at all by Bachira, since he looks like he wants someone else to team with him, instead of being strong enough to win alone... or something like that? ...

the story of Bachira, the same as Tsubasa, always with a ball, awake or asleep lol
he has fun playing with other people, but he is so strong/strange, that others don't want to play with him
he started to play with his monster... so after that, even when he was in a team, they couldn't play as well as the monster, so Bachira was bored
the moment he joined blue lock, he found many others that are crazy as well, so some of them should be at least as good as his monster

while Bachira is starting to think that Rin can be just as much of a monster as Yoichi is, there is the latter, challenging them to a game ... this game might as well be, which one of the 2 is going to entretain Bachira the most? win or lose, he knows he will be with the winner, since Yoichi wants to take him back if he wins... the fated match is already here, it was quite fast lol

aditional time, with Kuon, the traitor, and whatever was his name, the goalkeeper lol also don't remember the 3rd one so whatever... Kuon promises to not betray anyone again, and the keeper is happy to finally be able to play properly and not keeper
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 18, 2023 4:21 PM
Aug 2016
The reunion 🤩🤩
Feb 18, 2023 4:26 PM

Jun 2022
I knew Chigiri was going to be picked. Also, I love how Barou has finally come to respect Isagi for his chemical reactions so he isn't a dick anymore. And my waifu maid Barou is back, let's go. 
Feb 18, 2023 5:10 PM

Apr 2022
bachira backstory focus episode and it was very well done with the music and narration from his mom. 
the quartet of nagi x isagi x barou x chigiri vs rin's team incoming, definitely one of my favorite matches. enjoyed reading that so much.
nagi abandoning reo scene was also pretty well done.
Feb 18, 2023 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
ayanayanweeb said:
Good episode,more of a filler if you ask me

This episode does a beautiful job fleshing out the second-most important character in this series narrative-wise (due to his butterfly-effect-like influence over the protagonist and by extension the story) so we can finally get a complete understanding on how he thinks and why, all the while setting him up for his eventual evolution, and you think it's filler. Media literacy is said to be dead because of people like you 💀
Feb 18, 2023 5:37 PM
Jul 2019
Bachira my little monster. I hope they play together with Isagi now. And finally, our team's goalkeeper becomes a striker again hahahhaha
Feb 18, 2023 5:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah look, a sweet talk coming from Barou and Isagi then goes on to Nagi and Chigiri later. Feels like they found a new chemical reaction among them even if its looks exhausted to the Barou side of restrict discipline considering he needs to take care of those two selfish boyyah, plus papa Isagi also the same. But enough with that, Bachira seems thrilling with the later match, in the midst of those rivalry fighting over his ass. Whose win whose come to see the real light out of the blue lock, i'd say.

So yeah let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2023 6:01 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Insanely good as always 10/10 XD even if it was a tame episode
Feb 18, 2023 6:21 PM
Jan 2021
THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING! ONE OF MY FAV EPS OUT OF ANY ANIME EVER!! THE DRAMA! THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! SEEING BACHIRA'S BACKSTORY AND AN EXPLANATION OF HOW HE VIEWS SOCCER WAS JUST JAW DROPPING!! ALSO SEEING HOW HE VIEWS ISAGI IS SO AMAZING!
Feb 18, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 2015
Their attitude when picking the new teammate lmao. But I actually liked this episode a lot, can understand Bachira's passion a bit better now, tho the monster thing is still corny af.
Feb 18, 2023 7:43 PM

Feb 2022
Good chapter today although it was quite quiet

I was surprised that they chose Chigiri and not Reo but it was still a good choice, I also really liked what Nagi and Isagi said to Reo, it must have been hard to hear that

I found Bachira's story quite entertaining, especially due to the fact that he has always had fun playing soccer without caring what others say, that is a very good message

And the end was the best, a Bachira and Rin who have just trained and leave the training area see an Isagi who came willing to ask Rin's team for a duel, incredible
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 18, 2023 8:10 PM
Jan 2018
very cute bashira
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Nov 12, 2022

230 by DevilSamuraiwibu »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2022

206 by Mika_kun_ »»
Oct 10, 6:46 PM

» Season 1 recut into 3 eps on official YT subbed

JVskunkape - Oct 6

6 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 8, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

364 by _Reiz »»
Oct 3, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

190 by EspionageArcs »»
Sep 21, 4:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.