Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 7:33 PM

Aug 2022
This was my first time getting involved in a mal event and I really enjoyed it! Thanks to all the efes for making it so enjoyable.

Jan 8, 2023 7:34 PM

Apr 2021
Considering this is my first secret Santa event on mal, thanks everyone for their effort! :) 
- To @Luffy_15 specifically, thank you so much for the edits! They’re adorable!!
Cant wait for next year ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Aug 2018
Thank you for all the effort put into making this great event possible.
Feb 2021
My first secret santa event, thank you to all the elves. Thank you to BatGuin for the recommendations. I am currently on the 5th episode of Baki and so far it is interesting.
Jan 8, 2023 7:36 PM

Dec 2020
that was fun :3

» [No Guidance] «
0:31 ──♡───── 4:20
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

アルビくん

Jan 8, 2023 7:37 PM

Dec 2017
A big thank you to all the lovely elves for working so hard! This was my first Secret Santa event and I had a lot of fun! Definitely will be signing up again at the end of this year~

To my Secret Santa, @YayakoChii , thanks for giving me so many recommendations! I ended up reading them all and my favorite was probably Himegoto Asobi (Medical Return and Tomb Raider are tied for second fav!). I don't typically go for that type of art style, but after reading it, I was pleasantly surprised by how sweet and relaxing the story is. Even though they had some misunderstandings, I liked how they faced them head on and properly communicated their feelings with each other. The characters were easy to invest in and before I knew it, two hours had flown by. Your villainess recommendations were both sweet and cute, and I will definitely keep updated on new chapters. As for the power fantasies...to be honest, I actually read around 200+ chapters of Tomb Raider during the gift preparation phase of the event and although I had a hunch you might recommend it, it was so good that I forgot to add it to my MAL in the end. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my gift so thank you once again!
Jan 8, 2023 7:37 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
@aaru13 Well, I'm here to give you feedback. I couldn't see Ouran Koukou Host Club completely, due to lack of time. (That's why 2 cour max. my stage of watching anime for 15 hours a day is over). I'm on chapter 8, I still don't feel decided to rate the anime, although if I had to do it prematurely I would give it between an 8 and a 9. It's a lot of fun! It has a format that although I don't like very much, where each episode something different happens without following a direct thread. OHSHC manages to keep a thread where it is almost impossible to get lost. I've seen a lot of shoujo, too many, and I feel like they're all the same and aren't as entertaining anymore. But this one is different, it would seem like it was a mockery of traditional shoujo and that makes it refreshing.

I honestly liked it, it doesn't feel heavy to watch it, so at my own pace, but I'm going to complete it.

Thank you))))))
Jan 8, 2023 7:38 PM

Aug 2014
Thank you to all of my santa's for each edition! @EmperorKaido @Maffy @-asphyxia-

For anime: I love the recs, and honestly never thought of Erin before. It looks like your typical SoL show, but i've been told wrong. Will definitely look in the near future! I'm sorry i have not had the time yet with everything going on.
For manga: All look great, I PTR'd everything and the gift was excellent, Maffy. Planning on trying them sometime this week once I find some free time.
For image: Love the pfp! Looks great and i've been using it since I got the gift :) I'm happy with the great santa that is able to make alice stand out~

Also, thank you to all of the other elves for guiding me through this event. I am happy to help again here, so thank you for baring with me! And, I hope everyone that I rec'd to during this event (including side recs) for anime loved their gifts. I also hope @Reddu likes the image I made also; was my first time with dark gfx >.< I also saw that @AkemiInoue started Saint Tail; I hope you're enjoying it!

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Jan 8, 2023 7:38 PM

Dec 2020
ty Santa for your wonderful recommendation 

» [No Guidance] «
0:31 ──♡───── 4:20
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

アルビくん

Jan 8, 2023 7:39 PM
Nov 2013
Thanks @AlZeta. I've really been enjoying your recommendation so far.

Jan 8, 2023 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
I want to thank my Santa @KawaiiTendou for the thoughtful recommendations of shows he scored a 5/10, which I've been told repeatedly is "not half bad."
As for my actual Santa @Sakku-san, thank you for the CGDCT rec! You'd think I would have gotten around to your rec before this year, since I am constantly hiking and mountain biking, but alas. Please don't feel bad if it still takes me a while to get to watching it - I just watched my rec from 2021 3 weeks ago. It is on my radar now, and I will let you know when I start it!

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Jan 8, 2023 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
This was an amazing and probably exhausting event for the staff, thank you so much!
Delays were understandable, can't complain about it.

My Candies:

Jan 8, 2023 7:41 PM
dozing general

Oct 2017
Thank you for the gift @Hecatier ! I am enjoying it so far, I love that they were celebrating Christmas and New Years in the beginning of the show, it's a perfect time to start it  (´◡`)  The MC gets more endearing with each episode and I really like the ending song a lot! Thank you again, hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a great 2023 to come! 
Jan 8, 2023 7:45 PM

Aug 2022
Thank you, Elf-Tama, for the great match! I left my secret santa a profile comment but I'll say here too, the recommendations I got were spot-on and I'm really happy I participated! I already binge-watched all of Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala since getting the recommendation, and I really appreciate the effort that both my elf and santa put into picking it out for me. Thanks for making my first time doing secret santa so much fun!
Jan 8, 2023 7:51 PM

Jan 2022
Thank you for the event, it was awesome!

Jan 8, 2023 7:51 PM

May 2019
Thanks for the hardwork, lets pray for the best this year and year after!
Jan 8, 2023 7:53 PM

Apr 2020
Thank you so much to everyone who organized and helped out during this! I really loved participating.

@purpledolphin101 Thank you so much for your recs! I just started The Royal Tutor and am really enjoying it so far! I had a few friends who were interested in watching as well, so I think we're going to watch together soon. I'm super excited to check out the other two as well, I've been getting more into sports anime lately so those sounded perfect.
Jan 8, 2023 7:55 PM
May 2021
Otsukaresamadeshita!!
A BIG THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HARDWORK!! It all paid off well~ Also, thanks a lot to my secret santa, I really like Maki for my profile and glad that my they chose Maki to create a gift for me <33 hoping that my recipient also liked what I gave to them *★,°*:.☆( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★* 。
Jan 8, 2023 7:57 PM

Feb 2021
Thank you to all the Santa's of this event who helped deliver all the presents to everyone:DD

@Kyline Thank you SO much for your gift! I haven't got around to watch Sakura Trick and Minami-ke yet, but I have started watching Azumanga Daioh. I have to say I am loving to show so far:D All the characters are cute as expected and I really love the chemistry between them! I also really like the op song which just gets me hyped for the episode. Once again, Thank you so much, hope you had an amazing christmas and cheers to the new year:)) 

Maybe we can be friends? ;)

Jan 8, 2023 7:57 PM
The Romance King
Feb 2018
Thanks to all the elves and had a blast participating in this for the first time, looking forward to getting my badge.
I'm glad that I could make a stellar recommendation for ya @stfucedric with Grand Blue so thank you, especially with you saying at least a 9 that's so heartwarming as a dub fan to hear. The pleasure was mine.
And last but not least thank you to my lovely Santa @yanshenpan for the chill and wholesome experience so far with "Teasing Master Takagi-san". Love the way the MCs interact, how the dub sounds, and a solid amount of length to it with some seasons. Thanks for taking the time and hope both you and everyone else had a great new years and happy holidays!
Malloween 2022 Candies:
Jan 8, 2023 7:59 PM
Hocus Pocus!🪄

Jul 2020
This was my first Secret Santa event. I had a blast. I can see why everyone looks forward to it each year. Hope next year will be less stressful, though, lol.
Jan 8, 2023 8:00 PM

Jul 2021
Thank you @ShinigamiHu and all the staff and elves nice to meet you especially @Elf-hime for santa's gifts I hope we meet again someday
Jan 8, 2023 8:02 PM
Nov 2010
Thank you elves for hosting this awesome event! It was super fun!

Thank you to my Santa @Twintail_Daemon for the wonderful recommendations! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain why I would love these anime it actually threw me for a loop as u had used Hakuouki as an example. I only learned of it because I'd rented one of the games from gamefly but as i'm not used to those kinds of dating sims (i'd also never seen the anime) i didn't know the right answers so i figured i'd check the anime out first and boy oh boy did i love the hell out of the series! As for the villainess anime Sophia is best girl and no one can convince me otherwise (Anne the maid is also best girl she deserves the world) and i'm glad i decided on the 3 ep rule i was waiting for them to get older and they got older! so exciting! I'll be honest i'm pretty sure i removed this from my ptw back in 2020 as i was trying to get through a lot of anime and needed to be far pickier than normal but thank you so so much for doing the absolute most in getting me interested in this anime. Wholesome and cute 8.5 out of 10 :3

Now for Love After World Domination. I've never been into power rangers or super sentai anything yet the posing they do and what they yell out reminds me of Sailor Moon which i love but with this (and the great saiyaman) its just cringy and gives me 2nd hand embarrassment. But as this is a secret santa rec i'll see what's in store after a 3 ep ruling. Fudo is a bakadere my one weakness oh no. Kyouko "Koutetsuoujo" Kuroyuri (steel princess) is my favorite she is me i love her. Well that was quite wholesome and fun to watch! Super Sentai/power rangers isn't something i'll ever go out of my way to watch but this was a nice little adventure :3 7 out of 10 OH! and they didn't really do much of the posing and what not after the first episode so that helped a lot

Log horizon: its real weird i thought i had this in my ptw, i also thought everyone hated it but its got decent scores everywhere, maybe because its an isekai? idk should be fun either way. i like how its not a monster of the week kind of anime its following a specific plot and following it well! I love akatsuki she's smol and deadly like me...well...the smol part anyway XD and Rundellhous "Rudy" Kode is a bakadere i love him. Ep 14 gave us a lore dump that i was unprepared for lmao, so many names and dates and he did quick math like please. In looking for Rudy i learned a spoiler that was meant to be dramatic...i mean its still sad but not AS sad as it should of been and it looked like a harem was about to form around Shiroe near the end there but it may end up just being Akatsuki o.o. Honestly that was such a fun adventure! 8.5 out of 10

Yes i did watch all 3 anime XD I had time :3
Jan 8, 2023 8:02 PM

Apr 2018
This was my first time joining MAL's Secret Santa, probably won't do it next time but it was fun. First and foremost, I'd like to thank all the elves for their hard work in managing this whole thing, especially @Elf-tama. And thank you, @Jhiday, for the anime recommendation! I'd been meaning to watch Infinite Ryvius for some years now, and your rec was what pushed me to finally watch it. I think the thing that stood out the most was the soundtrack; I'm sure I'll keep listening to it for years to come.
Jan 8, 2023 8:04 PM
Oct 2011
Many thanks to all the people that made this possible, I have still yet to watch my own recommendations tho, I'll get to that soon, I promise!
Jan 8, 2023 8:05 PM

May 2020
Thank you to the elves for all of their hard work. It was a great event and I look forward to the next one.
Jan 8, 2023 8:06 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
@Zakofae

Thanks so much for the gift! The background definitely fits and I had a good time using it. Good call on the characters you chose as I really like it :)
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 8, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2020
thank you @WeebArjun for the recommendation! I really appreciated the effort you put into the gift (gifs were awesome). I checked out grand blue and didn't expect to like it but ended up enjoying it. Had some good laughs and was an easy anime to binge.
Jan 8, 2023 8:13 PM

Jan 2021
Waaah, this year is MAL Secret Santa's 10th year? Congratulations! \(✧⁀ᴗ⁀ )/♡♡

A decade is a very long time. I see there are some Elves who have been an Elf for several times and some even 7-8x.... that's amazing. Thank you for all your hard work all Elves, without you all this fun event would not have been organized :) thank you for taking your time during the holidays.

Oh, and most importantly, thank you for being so patient, hahaha.

This year's Secret Santa was incredibly hectic, right? Each and every one of you is truly verified and certified as a person with a high level of patience...*sending each of you a virtual hug* (づ◡﹏◡)づ

This is a fun event. I'll send my thanks to my Santa on his profile. Thank you for this event and I will be back to participate in Secret Santa 2023!

Jan 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Jan 2016
Happy New Year to everyone, and a massive thank you to all the elves at Santa’s workshop! It was my first time participating and I had a great time. I’m already looking forward to the next one!

Big thanks to my Santa, @CareBear, for gifting me such well-thought-out recommendations! I’ve enjoyed everything I've watched so far, especially Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, as it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. (And to my elves, thank you for your thoughtful heads-up on a certain detail^^). Hopefully @dreamerofpluto enjoyed some of my recommendations, too!

»𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
»𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

«You can try to remember the past
but it's an absolute, utter waste of time...
Allow me to show that you have no need of the past»
Jan 8, 2023 8:15 PM
Jun 2021
Hi hi @rayrays , i really liked the reccomendation u sent me! even tho i have only watched about three episodes of the anime, im looking forward to see what else happens or gets revealed in the anime! Let me know if u wanna geek out about romance animes! 

Also, big thank you to the elves who organized the event
Jan 8, 2023 8:21 PM

Jun 2021
OHHH YEEEAEAEAEAEAAAHHH!!!!!!! THIS EVENT WAS SANTASTIC...understand? santa? fantastic? eh? eh? ok ok that was stupid but the event was cool and everything thanks
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jan 8, 2023 8:35 PM
Oct 2020
Thank you @barnabasdudda for the gift, I really liked the recommendation that you gave, I even tried 2 of the 3 recs.

Also, I guess my gift was rejected, I submitted the gift for 1st time and the elf agreed on the recommendation but I failed to explain as to why the receiver should watch it, I also submitted gift the second time but I guess it was not good explanation. So yeah in the end I just want to say sorry for the inconveniences I caused to the elves.
Jan 8, 2023 8:38 PM
Jan 2021
This was my first year participating in this year's Secret Santa, and I have to say it was a very fun time picking out a gift and watching my given gifts. To @SheyCroix, Link Click was great, finished that in a couple of days. I'm working my way through momokuri and Idolish7, both have good potential to be great stories. I've seen few idol animes, and once I finish Idolish, I'll give it a try.
Jan 8, 2023 8:38 PM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
Otsukare to the elves! And thank you @Rissio for the recommendations; it will likely take me a long time to finish them all, but I'm looking forward to them!
Jan 8, 2023 8:39 PM
Jan 2017
Fist time in the event, thank all the elves for their efforts and thanks for this awasome event!
And also thanks to DiamondBoxCz for the gift!
 happy 2023 everyone! 

My candies:
Jan 8, 2023 8:40 PM
Sep 2022
I had so much fun in the event. Thank you, @Satana_0908 for the recommendation, I'm currently watching through the first season of Black Lagoon and it's really great so far.
Jan 8, 2023 8:46 PM

Nov 2020
Altough the event was delayed this year due to nasty secret santa’s, it was truly awesome and I’ve enjoyed it like in every year. Thanks a lot @FalconMaster6 and @Fungmate99 , I completely loved the anime recommendations( which frankly I didn’t knew them that well) and also the image ! Thanks a lot!
Jan 8, 2023 8:48 PM
flower boy

Jun 2013
thanks for all the hard work !! 
Jan 8, 2023 8:57 PM

Oct 2020
Thanks for the event.
Jan 8, 2023 9:12 PM

Apr 2021
ty elves for all of your hard work, i truly appreciate it.

and to my secret santa @bobabonbon_0999 thank you so much for the gift! im in the middle of bsd and have been enjoying it so far, although i dont really have much time to finish it since im busy with work and uni, but i truly am grateful for it, again tysm!

beep!
MAL's Little Raccoon #2
made by hearingnote

matching w/ sekai-

Jan 8, 2023 9:26 PM

Jan 2020
@neverlane

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I really enjoyed watching Kaanokon. It's been a while since I watched a good one from that genre and am planning to finish the second season soon too. I'm currently watching Gochuuman and again, it hits all the notes which I like. I saved your final rec for the last as I wanted to take my time and watch it properly since it was your fav too and I'm sure I'll love it as well judging by the story and artwork. Thanks again for the recs!

Also, thank you @Elf-Tama and all the elves for the hard work, without you guys, this event wouldn't be such fun.

Jan 8, 2023 9:31 PM

Dec 2020
Thank you elfs for the event,

thank you my Secret Santas @riarisu
 and @Brati i got very good recommendations!!

_Alive_Jan 9, 2023 7:09 AM

Jan 8, 2023 9:32 PM

Mar 2017
First time participating and it was so much fun looking for a new anime and watching new recommendations. Thanks to the elves for doing this possible with your hard working.

Also, thanks to my santa @wswsasd for the recommendations, I tried both and liked them both. Healer Girl really had the soulful power in every song the cast sang, and the last two episodes were very enjoyable to watch as the main group became better healers. With Hakumei to Mikochi, I just finished it today xD, it was really fascinating to follow the two protagonists in their daily adventures, I especially highlight the soundtrack that complements these stories as a great assistant in creating a warm atmosphere.

See you next year ヾ( ̄▽ ̄)
Jan 8, 2023 9:35 PM

Oct 2021
My recommendations were fascinating. Thank you to my Secret Santa.

x2
Jan 8, 2023 9:37 PM
Jan 2016
thanks for recommendation
Jan 8, 2023 9:42 PM

Sep 2009
Thank you everyone for organizing this fun event and thank you @balagergo for being my SS! I'm most interested in the two manga rec's you've sent me and I'll be starting with Sayonara Eri first in a couple of days (looking to finish the currently reading manga before diving into it). If you ever feel like recommending some more interesting titles, please, feel free to send me a PM or leave me a profile comment. :) Hope you've all had happy holidays.
Jan 8, 2023 9:46 PM
May 2019
What a wonderful event. Thank you all for your hard work! 
Jan 8, 2023 9:48 PM

Dec 2020
It was my first ever participation in this winter❄⛄ event.... It was fun and enjoyable 🤹‍♂️.Hoping to participate in the coming events of this year too🤗.. Thanks 🙇‍♂️👏 to all the coordinators 👨‍💻 and elfs 🤶 for their hard work for making this event a success🎟 despite their busy schedule 📅..

And,

@DarkEmperor69 Thanks for the recommendation (*ゝωб*)b....

-set by Araberu
◇─◇──◇─◇
♚Collection
♚Anime List
♚Manga list

◇─◇──◇─◇
Jan 8, 2023 9:50 PM

Jan 2021
chopstick___ said:
Thank you to all the Santa's of this event who helped deliver all the presents to everyone:DD

@Kyline Thank you SO much for your gift! I haven't got around to watch Sakura Trick and Minami-ke yet, but I have started watching Azumanga Daioh. I have to say I am loving to show so far:D All the characters are cute as expected and I really love the chemistry between them! I also really like the op song which just gets me hyped for the episode. Once again, Thank you so much, hope you had an amazing christmas and cheers to the new year:)) 

Maybe we can be friends? ;)

Haha no problem, the good thing is that you like the shows I gave hehe

Anyways we can haha

btw did the bbcode work, like did you see the gifs and stuff? this got me thinking like last year too since some elf had to touch it or smth

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (June 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

2 by jay »»
Jun 2, 7:48 PM

» Best Signature Design - June 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Jun 2

0 by Nate »»
Jun 2, 1:20 PM

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.