Forum Settings
Forums

An anime character that everyone likes, but you hate?

New
Sep 22, 2022 3:55 AM

Feb 2020
Hmmmm, i'l say Eren Yeager, or Obito Uchiha.

An anime character that everyone likes, but you hate? Leave a comment below.
Sep 22, 2022 4:11 AM

Sep 2019
Nazuna Nanakusa from Call of the Night.

Chizuru Ichinose from KanoKari (Dislike rather than hate.).
Sep 22, 2022 4:19 AM

Dec 2021
Chika Fujiwara
Yu Ishigami
Sakuta Azusagawa
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji
Shinji Ikari

I don't hate. I just don't like them

๐“ข๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ๐“ป๐“ช
๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ธ
Sep 22, 2022 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
I wouldn't say hate, but I will never understand the love Itachi gets.
Painting him as a hero is misguided.
Sep 22, 2022 4:23 AM

Jun 2009
Chronon said:
Chika Fujiwara
Yu Ishigami
Sakuta Azusagawa
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji
Shinji Ikari

I don't hate. I just don't like them

Since when does "everyone else like" Shinji lol?
Sep 22, 2022 4:39 AM

Dec 2021
I think she’s well-liked since she’s got a lot of favourites (did I phrase that correctly?): Chitoge from Nisekoi. I usually like tsundere characters too but I couldn’t stand her.
SaiteiDaOretteSep 22, 2022 4:55 AM
Sep 22, 2022 4:53 AM

May 2019
Gintoki Sakata and the rest of the Shinsengumi from Gintama
Sep 25, 2022 6:28 PM
Aug 2021
prolly any mainstream characters c:
Sep 25, 2022 6:43 PM

Jul 2022
Killua is one of the most popular characters on all of MAL, but I don't think he's even the best character on Hunter x Hunter
Sep 25, 2022 6:49 PM

Sep 2018
Aisaka Taiga... jk I love tsun lolis. My choice would go to Sephiroth from FF7. His fight is cool, but his personality is more stale than outdated bread.
Oct 4, 2022 12:46 PM

Aug 2019
Shikamaru, Itachi, Jiraiya... There are more characters from "Naruto" that irked me, but I don't think the others are as well-liked as these three.
Oct 4, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2021
Not hate but I really disliked pink haired main girl from Kyoukai no Kanata and I was shocked to see that she is the most favorited character in the show.. Like why people like cringey, annoying and stupid ''cute'' girl characters so much ??

Also Aika Fuwa from Zetsuen no Tempest.. I mean every character were unlikeable in that show (except for Mahiro) but Aika Fuwa was literally so annoying and I didn't understand why she was that special to the other characters and to audience..
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Oct 4, 2022 1:12 PM

May 2011
Katsuki Bakugou ๐Ÿ˜ฌ People say "character development", I ask "where and when". Never liked bully characters.
if you told me we were dreaming, i would pinch you to prove we're awake.

Oct 4, 2022 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
Zoro from One piece and Grimer from Monster. Dont precisely hate Grimer to be honest, but damn, the guy is so forgetable and boring and I just dont care if bad things happen to him.
:v
Oct 5, 2022 12:22 AM

May 2021
Gojou Wakana from Dress up Darling

People seem to like him but he is as insufferable as Kazuya from Rent A GF.

Shirogane Miyuki
Shinomiya Kaguya
Inoue Orihime
Nagatoro
Oct 5, 2022 12:40 AM
Jan 2021
If there is one, that should be lelouch V britannia :/
Oct 5, 2022 1:02 AM

Mar 2021
Not hate, but I've never been a huge fan of Chrollo Lucilfer from Hunter x Hunter.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Oct 5, 2022 2:32 AM

Oct 2019
tanjiro. I don't really hate him, but he is extremely boring, even compared to the other shounen protagonists.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 5, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2020
Bakugo from my hero academia.
Great design, but i can't stand his charecter
Oct 5, 2022 9:04 AM
Nov 2021
taichi from chihayafuru comes to my mind
Oct 5, 2022 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
As I have already replied in other similar threads it's Wolfram von Bielefeld, he's the most popular character in the Kyo Kara Maoh fandom but I hate him with a passion because of how all his bad actions always get romanticized by the series as well as the fans.
Oct 5, 2022 10:53 AM

Feb 2022
I don’t hate Shoto Todoroki from My Hero Academia, I do think he has cool moments sometimes, however, he has never been one my favorite characters, not even being a character that I really enjoy. I don’t really understand why Shoto is so beloved, I find him to just be kind of boring. All I will say is that I think he does have an interesting backstory.
Oct 5, 2022 11:19 AM

Aug 2020
Okabe from Steins;Gate. He's in the top 10 most favourited characters of all time here on MAL so he's ridiculously popular, but to me he is literally the main reason I dropped the show. Disgusting weirdo constantly screaming about conspiracy theories, with zero sense of personal hygiene and ability to function as a regular human. Ew.
Actually that might be why I couldn't get into Gintama either, because I disliked Gintoki pretty much as soon as he showed up, picking his nose and smearing/flinging boogers around. Took me a lot of willpower to get into Naruto too, because the start was just disgusting fart and diarrhoea jokes. I just hate vulgarity, and I don't particularly like adult characters that are unable to adjust to society either.
Oct 5, 2022 11:28 AM

Jun 2022
Gojo Satoru makes me mad just looking at him mostly because of how much people overhype him. I only know some things about jjk as people I follow won't stop talking about the dude. Plus, the overpowed goofy character is boring and worn out. Also, Asuka. She's just a pain in the ass, I wish she would shut up.
Oct 5, 2022 11:33 AM

Jun 2022
Cernos143 said:
I don’t hate Shoto Todoroki from My Hero Academia, I do think he has cool moments sometimes, however, he has never been one my favorite characters, not even being a character that I really enjoy. I don’t really understand why Shoto is so beloved, I find him to just be kind of boring. All I will say is that I think he does have an interesting backstory.

Bro, there was once this convo about how much he was "bf material". I replied that you couldn't carry simple dialogue with this dude about normal everyday stuff even if you tried. Imagine a date, yikes. I got heat for it lmao.
Oct 9, 2022 3:34 AM

Oct 2020
I felt that Asuka was the most obnoxious character in the main cast of NGE ..
I know that the creator said the characters aren't supposed to be likeable, but Asuka took the cake for me. I figured she might mellow out towards the end, but she just got worse. I know she has trauma and we're supposed to feel bad for her, but every character in NGE has trauma!
Oct 9, 2022 3:45 AM

Aug 2018
I would say Haruhi Suzumiya and practically all the character from the show
Je mange du pain
Oct 9, 2022 4:10 AM

Aug 2022
Levi he is too mean, he had a painful life but many others also had but paying so much attention to one character, like I don't find anything special in himbest mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945
Oct 9, 2022 4:13 AM

Sep 2020
I have a few. Askeladd, Denji, Anya, basically every Spy x family character, Taiga,etc

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Oct 9, 2022 4:33 AM
Dec 2021
Characters that everyone likes but I don't :
1. Mai sakurai from Bunny girl senpai
2. Issei Hyoudo from High school dxd.
Just quit anime.
Oct 9, 2022 4:49 AM
Mar 2021
Dazai from Bungou Stray dogs is probably one of the most infuriating characters I've seen in any anime, but he's somehow the most popular character in bsd.
Oct 9, 2022 4:55 AM

Jun 2017
Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Ban (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Sayaka (Madoka Magica)
Everyone from Fruits Basket
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Oct 9, 2022 4:58 AM

Aug 2017
Cernos143 said:

I can understand why Shoto is beloved, his first important fight and backstory were shown in s2 which its the season who made MHA popular. Oh yes, he's hot af. I can't deny that. He's one of my first husbando.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 9, 2022 5:04 AM
Dec 2013
Uzaki from Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! First of all, her face looks too much like a boy's, and secondly, her laughing out loud after hearing that the main male character from the show goes to watch movies at the cinema alone pissed me off and made me instantly hate her. People go to cinemas by themselves all the time. It's a normal thing and she acts like it's weird and laughs for like a minute. What if there's a movie that you've really been looking forward to watching and finally the day comes when they start showing it in cinemas? Why should it matter if you have no company? She's such a bitch.

Also, Takemoto from We Never Learn. Her design is unattractive, I hate her tan lines, and she gets too much screentime.
wildhoodOct 9, 2022 7:52 PM
Oct 9, 2022 5:10 AM

Mar 2022
Saber from fate, i expected so much from her before watching but her character was pretty dissapointing, still one of my fav anime tho.
Oct 9, 2022 5:10 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch is always the character that comes to mind. He's not even smart

More topics from this board

» Is it cheap to have girls in bikini in non beach episodes?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

9 by Quadruple_Oi »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you date an anime girl even if she ate her rice grains one at a time?

ItsXolo - 2 hours ago

5 by Razecube »»
5 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - 7 minutes ago

0 by thewiru »»
7 minutes ago

» If you had to choose, which anime took place at school more?

Jukemania - 4 hours ago

4 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you guys like any of the 4kids openings

HattoriSoul - Sep 13

24 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.