Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2022 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
Grim1952 said:
So Ainz wants to be a benevolent dictator, looking forward to the hardships in his road.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jul 11, 2022 8:07 AM

Jul 5, 2022 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
the animation looks so good this season
Jul 5, 2022 1:44 PM

May 2021
Good start to the new season. It looks good and carries from S3 in a natural manner, with the head honchos discussing the policies of the newly formed Sorcerer Kingdom. The consequent scene with the guild master was also done really well, with great music.

Ainz's speech about true adventure hits even harder after having just read the first volume and knowing what Ainz looked forward to during his days as a corporate slave.

Jul 5, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2018
It's been so long since season 4 I am so hyped to see everyone again lol. The maids were pretty funny this episode
Jul 5, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2018
Saygram said:
Grim1952 said:
So Ainz wants to be a benevolent dictator, looking forward to the hardships in his road.

Legally, there is not much difference between Ainz and other rulers (it's a fantasy-medieval like world). For example, in Theocracy, all nonhumans are basically f@cked.

*Absolute monarchies enter the chat*
Jul 5, 2022 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
Honestly a fun episode, and back to it's best when it comes to Overlord. I'm very impressed. Also is it just me,or did things look...Improved? As if there was a hint of a better shine to the style and presentation? If that's how it is gonna be throughout the series, I'm all for it.
Jul 5, 2022 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't go back and rewatch the first 3 seasons so I don't really remember much of what's going on but still, it's nice to see that Overlord is back and it feels improved. Sure, not a lot really happened in this episode until closer to the end but I suppose that means the pacing should be much better overall. Good start to the return of Overlord.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 5, 2022 3:04 PM
Oct 2012
Thank god the quality is better than last season.

This ep was sorta whatever but seems to setup something good in the future. Here's hoping it only gets better from here.

Starting to think we'll be seeing mainly politics this season, much like Slime isekai.
Jul 5, 2022 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
Here we go again! ^_^
Jul 5, 2022 3:10 PM

Apr 2018
I can't tell you how much I missed Overlord and needed more of the serie. So glad with its return. The production quality of the episode is much better than the previous scenes and the voice acting is the same so I'm fine. Seems like Ainz is setting up the beginning of his kingdom and is trying to reach out to his other comrades. The opening is a banger.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 5, 2022 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
The animation was great, and man, what is it that the shows that could really use a recap episode never have it, I remember most of the characters but I can't recall anything about the main plot, like the last thing I remember was maybe Ainz getting ready for a big ass invasion and a bunch of awful CGI troops but that's about it.

The lack of Shalltear was also pretty disappointing, where is best girl?
Jul 5, 2022 3:44 PM
Mar 2022
Everyone bow in front of the sorcerer king.
The great Oainz Ooal Gown has returned and this time he will conquer the world. (and all our hearts.) 😈😂😈😂😈
Jul 5, 2022 3:47 PM

Mar 2020
This was probably the best way to start this season! We begin with some of albedo's antics and then the twins and fifth join in. I loved the scene where she's climbing a hous after Ainz XD
Then we jump into the meat of the show in the second half, the conversation between ainz and the guild master was pretty interesting.
Finally, the animation especially the facial expressions was really well done even better than the previous seasons!
Its already AOTS for me
Jul 5, 2022 3:57 PM
Oct 2021
It feels so good to be back!!
Jul 5, 2022 4:31 PM

Apr 2020
I love the idea of Momonga bringing the idea back of "True Adventurers" that explore the world and challenge the unknown. It makes a lot of sense for the type of 'adventurer' that he envisions in his mind and experiences, fits his personality.
I guess like everyone I felt pain inside me when I saw him stamping every document without reading them. He could've asked albedo or someone to read it out loud as a proposition one by one. I guess that's a bad part about Momonga, he is still too afraid to challenge his status and use his awesome powers in the fear that everyone around him will be disappointing and react negatively.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 5, 2022 4:48 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Slow but good start.

More Albedo goodness is always a plus. Best girl for sure.

Nice to just have this series back and excited to see what Ainz and his crew do next.
Jul 5, 2022 5:43 PM

Mar 2020
UGH I MISS OVERLORD!!! 😭

MY ALBEDO!! I miss Albedo!

Summer is going to be great with everyone. Albedo-chan is so adorable.

Ains-sama is back again. Looking forward how he will manage everything!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 5, 2022 6:05 PM
Apr 2018
Star of the episode : ALBEDO, MOMONGA (AINS), PANDORA's ACTOR.

Overlord IV is back. Animation quality same. No song in the first episode, maybe next episode.

ALBEDO x AINS moments. :D

5/5

Thanks.
Jul 5, 2022 7:02 PM
Jan 2017
Ohhh YEAHHH,,
This ie what we Waiting for,,
damn im so hype when this Masterpiece is airing,,
albedo look very cute with bit of yandere side try to get attention of Ainz sama,,
FIrst episode feel solid
100/10
Jul 5, 2022 7:30 PM
Jun 2019
Overlord is back boys!
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 5, 2022 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Let's go, World Invasion!
Jul 5, 2022 8:02 PM

Aug 2020
Probably gonna be my favorite anime this season. Ainz Ooal Gown is back baby! Albedo taking the spotlight this episode, I wish I could've seen Shalltear and other of Ainz subordinates

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 5, 2022 8:02 PM

Feb 2021
Nice to see this show back. Episode 1 looked promising with a decent setup. Hopefully the season carries itself well. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the adventurers guild moving forward.
Jul 5, 2022 8:37 PM
Mar 2019
Ainz setting out his plans for the next stage.
I still get Aura & Mare mixed up as Boy & Girl, even though i know they are opposite to how they look.
Good start, i hope we get more than 13 episodes this season.
Jul 5, 2022 9:06 PM
Jan 2019
What makes Overlord as an LN series click for me is the fact that every so often it gets these brilliant moments, where the combination of overwhelming power and isekai morals that exists within Ainz's character gives rise to excellent scenes. I was really looking forward to seeing Ainz's conversation with the lower ranked advanturers, as i feel this is one of the key scenes and pivotal moments both in Ainz's development as a character and in his plans for the future.

The show decided to drop that conversation. So i'm dropping the show.

KANLen09 said:
After the somewhat malleable and definitely rushed Season 3, I'm sincerely hoping that Season 4 will return the series to justice.

As is plain to see from the handling of the adventurer segment in the first episode, this is not going to happen.
malMaxiJul 5, 2022 9:11 PM
Jul 5, 2022 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
It's so great to see Overlord finally back. I only had to wait 1 and a half months, since I finished season 3 in may, and almost got impatient for this season to air. So I can only imagine how people must have felt with 4 years of waiting.

Overall a very funny first episode with lots of talking and build up. I'm never getting tired of Albedo and her absolute ridiculous reactions when it comes to anything regarding Ainz. The sniffing part had me rolling on the floor lol.

You can also tell that the animation quality stepped up, everything looks super clean.

After Ainz took control of this kingdom it was obvious lots of things would change. Humans are still afraid of him, but his conversation with the guild master and Fith at the very end shows that he cares a lot for a kingdom where everyone can live happily and in prosperity, even if all of this serves to fulfill his greatest wish, recreating the guild of Ainz Ooal Gown and showing everything to his old comrades.

This will be so much fun. Really looking forward to every Tuesday from now on.

Jul 5, 2022 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
if you like watching anime with full time fighting then don't watch this overlord, but if you want to watch anime with interesting story development and exciting story conflicts, then I highly recommend overlord, 11/10 for overlord ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ ♪
Jul 5, 2022 10:41 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I barely remember anything from Season 3 aside from Ainz taking over X kingdom and that time when viewers got super mad after realizing MC wasn't actually a good guy.

Anyways, decent re-introduction episode.
Jul 5, 2022 10:57 PM
Nov 2018
Nothing Ainz does makes any sense.

He doesn't understand what his underlings do and afraids to correct them. Neither of them care about people, elves or demihumans. This entire "let's make an utopia" came out of nowhere after "lets murder on a scale that will scare everyone into submission". His motivation seems to be "wouldn't it be cool to show my utopia to guildies". He must be able to plan at least two steps in advance to rule anything and he can't take care of his current duties.

His talk with adventurer's guildmaster is another example. He is surprised there are no adventurers. Turns out monster hunting and security quests become unnecessary. Ok, Ainz knows what to do, absorb guild into Sorcerers Kingdom. Sure, he has no idea what to do with Kingdom itself but it will magically fix everything.

Turns out adventurers for centuries were adventuring wrong. They must "explore unknown lands and create friendly relations". FFS, dude, you just grabbed E-Rantel from Re-Estize Kingdom, what "unknown lands"? Go to freaking library and ask for a map. And what "friendly relations" after you just finished beating everyone into submission? How diplomacy is even part of adventuring? Ridiculous.

Nothing in this series makes any sense. Interactions between characters are kinda interesting but as soon as they try to pretend there are some goals, politics and strategy it turns into circus. And not a good kind.

Remember the lizards they conquered in season 2? Never heard about again. Why this part of the story even exists?

Ainz is not a complex morally gray character with a goal, he is a bad joke. SoL story about clueless bad guy with powers.
Jul 5, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
Great first episode, a little fan service from the first half and a wonderful idealism of being a "true adventurers" from the last half.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any OP and ED or even a recap... Oh, well...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 5, 2022 11:41 PM

Mar 2021
Oh no! they're calling it the Nation of Darkness and not the Sorcerous Kingdom! I knew there was a good chance they would but it still just sounds wrong.

It's great to see everyone on the screen again! Really hope they do this season justice as there are a lot of great moments!

I'm not thrilled with how they handled the adventurer talk at the guild though because what should have been a grandiose and inspiring speech that really captured Ainzich's heart kind of fell flat and didn't really capture that essence at all. I know it was a time issue so I guess we'll see how this season handles the other moments like this.

Anyway, really looking forward to this season and I hope it measures up!
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Jul 6, 2022 12:28 AM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty good. Gave it a 4/5 because I felt like Ainz's negotiation with the guild leader went too smoothly. Im sure some people will probably comment to this saying why it should be obvious, but from my view I think the fact the Ainz is (a) an undead, (b) a new ruler that killed many of the men in that city in war, (c) is the reason for lack of adventurer work and the present stagnation of the city's economy, and (d) its customary to always keep the guild out from under governmental powers is enough reason for the guild leader to not be easily persuaded in one meeting.
Jul 6, 2022 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Oh wow it is finally back
Jul 6, 2022 1:46 AM

Feb 2016
the animation was better than S3 but albedo's fanservice kinda annoying me .
Jul 6, 2022 2:42 AM
Jul 2022
Finally, I can see Bone Daddy again.

I like the aspect of managing Nazarick and how Ainz interacted with his subordinates, loved his subordinates, and acted with dignity so as not to damage the image of his former comrade, as the remaining leader.

I enjoyed Episode 01 leisurely pace at the beginning and the middle to the end of the episode starting to get political, by discussing the problems facing the Sorcerer Kingdom.

I always like those moments when Ainz successfully manipulates others to achieve a goal. He keeps repeating that he is a simple salaryman and yet he can do it. And always make decisions carefully, so as not to harm in the future.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 6, 2022 2:50 AM
May 2020
ainz just going with the flow this episode😅😅😅
Jul 6, 2022 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
It wouldn't be Overlord with seeing Albedo's obsession with Ainz.

Jul 6, 2022 6:14 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Albedo is annoying as usual.

I love seeing Pandora's Actor once again, his presence makes the episode twice as better, he is so entertaining as usual ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Nov 2013
Eifue said:
It's a great episode and all but are we getting into the politics arc like every other isekai where the MC is just establishing a country for good PR?
The whole Overlord is a politics arc.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 6, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2020
i barely remember anything from the previous seasons smh

Jul 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
I was afraid since, seeing as Shield Hero season 2 was terrible and seeing as Kadokawa handled it's adaptation poorly, that Overlord IV would be bad but as far as the first episode is concerned, it's damn good so far, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Madhouse redeemed themselves, cut content obviously with the size of the novels but good stuff.
Jul 6, 2022 9:51 AM
Jul 2022
I’ve been a fan of Overlord since season 1 aired and I know we’ve all been waiting for season 4 to finally come out lol. But I felt like there was a lot of stuff kinda off about it this time around :/ It’s personal opinion but Ainz’s new clothes make him look like an ugly priest and not the scary sorcerer king that we all know and love. (maybe there’s something in the manga that explains this?) I also felt like he was getting way to comfortable with the guardians, as if they weren’t even there to serve him but play with him. Including pandoras actor who just plopped right beside ainz without a second thought. Even Ainz was confused lol. I understand if he told them to be that way but it still just feels like a loss of authority within Ainz. Basically the first half of the episode was making me kinda scared for how this season would go by the last half redeemed itself a little bit. It started to look like everything was just turning into the everyday isekai like “In another world with a smart phone” and got me worried. I hope Ainz stays the confident and scary/ruthless dude we all know him as and has a good season 4. Seeing the trailer gives me hope though and again, after the first half of the episode, the story and plot started to take place again. HOPEFUL FOR A GOOD SEASON 4!!!
RexFighterJul 6, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 6, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
mediocre beginning to the season considering it's been around 4 years since we got any content. I'll continue watching, but my hopes are low.

Side note, madhouse truly is washed.
Jul 6, 2022 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
It's back and first ep is pretty boring, that's pretty disappointing but maybe it will get better later on
Jul 6, 2022 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
FreezePeach said:

He doesn't understand what his underlings do and afraids to correct them. Neither of them care about people, elves or demihumans. This entire "let's make an utopia" came out of nowhere after "lets murder on a scale that will scare everyone into submission". His motivation seems to be "wouldn't it be cool to show my utopia to guildies". He must be able to plan at least two steps in advance to rule anything and he can't take care of his current duties.

I wouldn't say he doesn't understand,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jul 11, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 6, 2022 1:21 PM
Sep 2015
The end of the episode hype me so much can't wait for next week.

Ains and company are back!!!!
Jul 6, 2022 9:17 PM
Sep 2020
finally my favourite pandora actor return
Jul 7, 2022 12:17 AM
Jan 2021
I don't have a lot to say, but what strong first to a new season, they reintroduced the characters they needed too, Ains got some fresh drip, and we got a plot set up for the season. can't wait to see the rest of it
Jul 7, 2022 1:00 AM
Apr 2022
Seeing Albedo getting spoiled a bit made this talking episode so worth it. Albedo looks absolutely gorgeous, I was wowed when I saw how beautiful she looked in the opening scene!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

205 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.