Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2021 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This feels like a destined encounter after all the characters intertwined in this arc.

Quite a tense episode imo with the amount of storytelling and world building. It was also really interesting to see X-Laws like Marco. I feel like there's a lot of potential for upcoming storytelling this arc.
Jul 22, 2021 2:27 AM
Mar 2021
Really liked it, I think this was visually the best episode so far. If they continue making every Season better than the previous one, this is great🔥. Now we wait 3 weeks for the next one...pain.
Jul 22, 2021 2:55 AM
Mar 2021
HoroMauci said:
Really liked it, I think this was visually the best episode so far. If they continue making every Season better than the previous one, this is great🔥. Now we wait 3 weeks for the next one...pain.

What do you mean by 3 weeks? They're making brake or something? Please don't tell me that's the case...
Jul 22, 2021 2:56 AM
Mar 2021
nkozic_7 said:
HoroMauci said:

What do you mean 3 weeks? They're making brake or something? Please don't tell me that's the case...

Next 2 weeks are the olympics. So episode 18 will come out in 3 weeks unfortunately.
Jul 22, 2021 3:00 AM
Mar 2021
HoroMauci said:
nkozic_7 said:

What do you mean 3 weeks? They're making brake or something? Please don't tell me that's the case...

Next 2 weeks are the olympics. So episode 18 will come out in 3 weeks unfortunately.

Damn, you're right, I checked it right now. What a pain bro...
nkozic_7Jul 22, 2021 4:00 AM
Jul 22, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2017
Hah, it's funny how Ryu requested Yoh's grandfather to be involved in the Shaman Fight, where the stakes are higher because of the Asakura business. A moment of solace with Tokageroh to find their "Best Place", the desperation for both human and Oversoul to be granted training to test their resolve to face the family traitor, Hao.

The first step being facing against Boris, but Michael the Angel comes in blooming with the X-Laws and Captain Marco that's leading the justice group, also against Hao for vendetta and revenge against the loss of their families.

X-law's Arc Angel's Fire with their Angel Guns, the god-like Spirit Class in name and reputation. But Yoh's "Power of Friendship" does not put him in line with whatever Marco and the X-Laws are doing to fully eradicate Hao and his followers deep into the Patch Tribe in Mesa Verdede.

OOH...Anna and Manta have dropped outside of Mesa Verdede, and Hao pays them a visit, what does he want to do with them?

Gonna have to wait 3 weeks before wesee Episode 18 @ Aug 12:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1941738
Jul 22, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
That was some cool backstory for Ryuu but in the OG it was waaaaay cooler when he revealed Yamata no Orochi.

Gonna be a long wait until next one.
Jul 22, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
The more characters get introduced, the more boring Yoh becomes. Good thing Hao will be joining the party next episode.

On the other hand, X-Laws people were introduced and man am I absolutely in love with the design of their "archangels". They look so cool!
Jul 22, 2021 11:34 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! That explains how Ryu was able to come up with his new techniques. The X-Laws are pretty cool, I can see why Lyserg is fascinated by them, they're pretty much have similar backgrounds to him. But of course, no one is as cool and high as our boy Yoh. RIP to Harusame, maybe they can repair it to become stronger.

Anna has almost caught up to the boys, but then Hao popped out out of nowhere. I wonder what he's planning with them. Looking forward to the next episode... in 3 weeks.
Jul 23, 2021 3:10 AM

Jan 2021
I loved Ryu's backstory, I didn't really liked him before that c:

Again... don't they have another way to introduce characters without them appearing out of nowhere .-.

Huh, You is quite bipolar ahhah
Overall, decent episode. I wouldn't be surprised by a fight between Anna and Hao 0.0
Jul 23, 2021 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
Finally!, the X-Laws and their Archangels have appeared. Those Archangels are very cool and I really love their designs.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 23, 2021 6:44 AM
Jul 2021
Yoh is starting to annoying me with his ''neutral'' stand. bro, you came in here to defeat Hao and all evil, yet now you care about not actually killing people??? what is the point? it's very clear the shamans do not care about people's life. it's very clear-cut and yet Mr nice guy going power of friendship once again.

oh and X-Laws?. meh.... the show is getting worse imo, but I do hope it gets better
Jul 23, 2021 6:49 AM
Oct 2019
Little backstory for Ryu, it's alright...

An Introduction to X-LAWS
We got Nakamura Yuuichi here as well?
Jul 23, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2021
Clas1ck said:
I loved Ryu's backstory, I didn't really liked him before that c:

Again... don't they have another way to introduce characters without them appearing out of nowhere .-.

Huh, You is quite bipolar ahhah
Overall, decent episode. I wouldn't be surprised by a fight between Anna and Hao 0.0

How you people don't understand that they're not appearing out of nowhere... Bad guys are sent by Hao. This is the place everyone searched for, Ofcource someone will came at same time as Yoh and others...
Jul 23, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 2021
Clubtracks said:
Yoh is starting to annoying me with his ''neutral'' stand. bro, you came in here to defeat Hao and all evil, yet now you care about not actually killing people??? what is the point? it's very clear the shamans do not care about people's life. it's very clear-cut and yet Mr nice guy going power of friendship once again.

oh and X-Laws?. meh.... the show is getting worse imo, but I do hope it gets better
No one. Literally no one.
This guy:
Jul 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Jan 2020
Having more screentime on ryu was nice. It reminded of the episode that horohoro got to himself and the whole idea of those episodes aren't half bad. It's nice learning more about how main characters

That ending was pretty exciting though... Anna and the rest meeting Hao sems scary and I can't help but wonder what will happen next. It's a shame we'll have to wait longer though

Jul 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
damn the X-Laws are here already huh

will Hao make Anna and company hostages though

and yep the Power of Belief is strong

Jul 23, 2021 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
the flashback showed the evolution of his power and how he got strong also that was very useful in battles this group is very strong.
Jul 24, 2021 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
lol that was dumb from Yoh, it totally made me question if i should keep watching, that's how bad that scene was...

tbh the only reason i kinda enjoy this is because i watched the older version on tv when i was young, but geez ... there's a limit to how bad a scene can be lol

Ryu part was decent at least ...
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 24, 2021 3:16 PM

Feb 2019
Last episode until the olympics end, damn really gonna miss my weekly shaman king eps. The action was good notch today and finally we get Hao. HYPE
Jul 24, 2021 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
I honestly thought they gonna use that background music used in the old version every time X-Laws appear. XD
Jul 26, 2021 2:50 AM
Nov 2019
This anime makes me think so much about the limits of "good" and "evil", I mean, the way X-Laws are confronted by Yoh who basically says they're the same as Hao but from the opposite side helps me understand the true nature of what the Shaman King should look for: balance on both sides of "the truth".
Jul 26, 2021 4:16 AM

Oct 2017
This ended with a cliffhanger of Hao meeting Anna and co. I dun think he'll do something bad to them but I'm still excited to see what's gonna happen.
Jul 28, 2021 1:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh no not X-LAWS xD I hated them so much, and Lyserg is on his way to become unbearable, at least Anna and the group are coming but hmm Hao at the end :x
Aug 6, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2012
Ah, so Boris embraced the "vampire" rumours people circulated about his human ancestor Vlad the Impaler, using his Shamanic powers/Hao's help.

Now we got some very zealous crusaders' in the Shaman Fight, they won't yield to Hao's "evil", and Yoh doesn't like that.

Lyserg seems to empathise with the X-Laws, will he become one of them if Yoh's group keeps his distance from the X-Laws?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 9, 2021 4:27 AM

Aug 2017
does the remake of shaman king have good rewatch value? cause like technically it shouldnt be that rushed anymore since they got to where the last anime left of by episode 13 so the pacing should be way better
Oct 17, 2021 11:29 AM

May 2018
rip Boris. Those justice people were not justice-y at all :(
Feb 11, 2022 10:42 AM

May 2015
What happened to all the tourists in that area? I wonder what they would have thought witnessing a shaman fight, the same way I think about how non-stand users view stand fights lol
Jun 4, 2022 6:00 AM

Dec 2020
Ok but like Ryu looks pretty cool without the goofy hair he usually has lol
Feb 17, 2023 11:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What's Vash doing here?
Jul 18, 2023 6:22 AM
Jul 2023
This episode combined with Naruto's pain arc really makes me question what "peace" and "justice" really mean? Pain was right I think. Everyone who thinks they are just will do evil in it's name. And this guy is no different. I don't like Marco even though his spirit is the archangel. What greater evil than taking a life? Perfect question by Yoh. The episode was actually good. There seems to be still some hope for this anime
Jan 24, 12:18 PM

Jan 2019
So... I decided to give a second chance to this adaptation, this was the first episode that I didn't found underwhelming.

Pretty good flashback on how Ryu became a Shaman alongside Tokageroh (my fav spirit, I like how tragic he is), they nailed the introduction to Marco and the X-Laws too.
Feb 20, 7:38 AM
May 2017
Yoh and the X-Law leader lost their cool over nothing because it could have been discussed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2022

18 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 40 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 24, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

15 by almightybismarck »»
May 23, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 38 Discussion

MahiaErebeaNegi - Jan 4, 2022

26 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 4:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.