Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Apr 2020
Shaking
My whole body
This episode was beautiful
I don't know how signatures work

Feb 6, 2022 10:32 AM
Jul 2020
Dios el mejor puto capítulo de anime
Feb 6, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
UFOTABLE, THANKS, SERIOUSLY, THANKS
Feb 6, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2018
Well nice wielding of sword Tanjiro kamado..u did...i mean ofc u r the MC..but brave and cool one ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ
Feb 6, 2022 10:33 AM
Mar 2020
Has to be my favorite episode of the season. The fights, the animation quality, the tension, everything is amazing.
Feb 6, 2022 10:38 AM
Oct 2020
The whole episode was just outright amazing. ufotable now just flexing on the whole entire industry & those sound effects๐Ÿคค
Feb 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
I just watched a 20min movie. Congrats, ufotable!
Feb 6, 2022 10:45 AM
Oct 2013
Props to Daki and Gyutaro's VA, they did a pretty damn good job!
Feb 6, 2022 10:47 AM
Jan 2019
absolutely amazing, i am speechless.
Feb 6, 2022 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
Holy cow, This was the best episode of this season or actually the best episode from this entire season of anime. Easily AOTS for me! All praise Ufotable!
Feb 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Jun 2021
Kimetsu is the GOAT of animes, 10/10
Feb 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2019
Holy shit, god like episode. Best episode of demon slayer till now 10/10.
Feb 6, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Ok so I think that this is awesome anime, the work ufotable is doing is unreal.
But sadly the source material is quite lacking and they chose to adapt it to the all details. It sucks since in the end, it was just bizarre how many times we've seen a sword hitting something in slo-mo and like 99 times it was worthless, and with first two attempts of beheading I was excited, but after the 5th one, I was quite disappointed. To top it off they were getting more tired and closer to death by the second so yeah it makes total sense that they surpass their limits (anime limits) by being dead (looking at you Gandalf) but to me, it just feels like some kind of plot armor like how can he fight the demon after not being able to even hold the sword? How did he get better at fighting after losing hand etc.
All in all Demon slayer is just animation and nothing more for me. Like yeah, the plot was never that great but this is new low.
Feb 6, 2022 10:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
WTFFF that animation was INCREDIBLE, seriously this is one of the best anime fight I've ever seen... though that cliffhanger once again :S and only one episode left
Jan 2019
CreepFreak said:
CrimsonChaoz said:
One of the most Asspull , Plot Armor I have seen in Demon Slayer

Wow!! I can change the location of my heart when I got stab unnoticed from behind,, Wow!! I can be immune to poison... it seems like all of the enemy's attack is just for a SHOCKING moment and no consequences whatsoever. loss all values now going forward...

how about the next one...... I will never die because I'm a protagonist?

Very disappointing , but other than that The Animation is top notch and very good.

Plot armor is the heart and soul of every shounen depending on how smoothly they imply it. True, this ep was lacking on this point

I mean, enemy is also having a great plot armor there lol, i'd say fair.
Aug 2021
This episode was Brutal. Just Brutal.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Feb 6, 2022 10:57 AM

Dec 2020
INNNNFUCKJNGSANEEEE. NO WORDS. ABSOLUTELY NO WORDS. WELL ACTUALLY LOTS AND LOTS OF WORDS BUT I CANT PROPERLY EXPRESS THEM

literal chills. that part where green haired creepo was tormenting tanjirou with no music gave me chilllss bro. and human nezuko screentime๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ i won

did you guys see those action scenes. what the fuck is wrong with ufotable how they be making those. those sudden out of nowhere, very convenient "we're coming in to save you mc!" moments dont even bother me here. idfc that was a really enjoyable ep. either had my eyebrows furrowed out of worry or my mouth staying opened while being in complete awe. seriously, ufotable outdid themselves yet again

tanjirou's fingers reminding me a bit too much of deku tho lmao
Feb 6, 2022 10:59 AM

Mar 2016
The only thing that really had me tense was the tiresome wait for the episode to just end.
Yet again, all the flashiness in the world and yet I felt not a thing whatsoever. At least episode 19 of s1 actually had something in terms of Tanjiro and Nezuko at the time. The sequences in this episode, on the other hand, felt like more like annoying hollow cacophony. While the animation and composition work looked slick and impressive and at times do seem like movie quality, it feels cluttered from all the excessive amounts of shouting, screaming and pointless inner monologues. The pacing in the episodes of this entire arc have been sluggish and tedious, it legit could've been finished in half the amount of episodes with no major issues (even if the writing behind it is still subpar at best). Doesn't help that there's also more campy plot devices as well (Tanjiro's Demon Mark powerup for this ep in particular).

I hear that the final episode will be 35-45 minutes long. Whelp, great. Looks like this was really a 13-episode cour after all.
Feb 6, 2022 11:00 AM

Mar 2021
man this episode exceeded my expectations in every possible way...... that's what you get when you take out nonsense talk and unnecessary flashbacks from a demon slayer fight

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Feb 6, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2020
FINALLY ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 2021
CrimsonChaoz said:
One of the most Asspull , Plot Armor I have seen in Demon Slayer

Wow!! I can change the location of my heart when I got stab unnoticed from behind,, Wow!! I can be immune to poison... it seems like all of the enemy's attack is just for a SHOCKING moment and no consequences whatsoever. loss all values now going forward...

how about the next one...... I will never die because I'm a protagonist?

Very disappointing , but other than that The Animation is top notch and very good.

It kinda bothers me too altho it's common in this genre.
But it feels like people are pulling abilities out their ass just so they can win, I wish the powers were just more defined right away and that they then stuck with them otherwise it feels cheap.

Sep 2020
this episode was goddddddddddddddddd
most of the fight scenes in animes are just same background while chars are fighting but demons 3d live background with GODLIKE animation is another level on top of that STORY is awesome too
Feb 6, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2020
WTF!!! Ufotable took animation to a whole other level. This animation is even better than the Mugen Train movie. And they're doing this Weekly. Ufotable has set the bar so high now that it seems impossible for any other studio to reach that for quite a while.
Feb 6, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
I was and am very critical of KNY but Holy Lord Jesus Ufotable just outdone the S1 Epi 19 like i thought previous episodes were better than S1 Epi 19, Akaza vs Rengoku but S2 epi 10 is just top notch animation,
i don't know if any anime this year gonna match the fight choreography of this episode.

Also i read the manga so i know the asspulls and idc as its shounen and that much is expected so yeah spare me the bs, it's the animation that i love for this show nothing else. Story was never the strong point of KNY its just the animation so i hope everyone enjoys it.
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Feb 6, 2022 11:06 AM

Oct 2019
What an episode, I don't even know what to say
10/10
Feb 6, 2022 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
Not even gonna hold you, I’m speechless after that Kimetsu ep. I’m a shonen hater, but respect where respect is due.
Feb 6, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 2020
I just wished the episode was concluded with zenitsu and tanjiro beheading them at the same time. Like If tanjiro managed to decapitate gyutaro after gyutaro was caught off guard with the wisteria kunai + zenitsu just caught daki off guard with his godspeed which was enough of a surprise to bebeqd daki imo. It was all fitting in more than tengen flailing his nichirin with jฤฑst a hand and inosuke stating I am immune to poision because I live in the mฤฑuntains!! Other than these, the animation was really good. I just wished the uzui gyutaro lit scene happened in earlier episodes and uzui just didn't stand back up in this episode.
Feb 6, 2022 11:11 AM
Apr 2021
Ryuseishun said:
excessive amounts of shouting, screaming and pointless inner monologues.

Tbh this is just Anime in general :P, but yeah...
It's something that really annoys me I feel like I've seen the same scene of Tanjiro moping around with the sad piano music in the snow a billion times.

I quit watching Stardust Crusaders because it felt like only 5 minutes of every episode actually moved things along and the rest was just endless monologues and explaining what they were going to do and then again after they did it...

It's kinda the same in Demon Slayer altho not quite as bad, I don't need to hear Tanjiro cry for ten minutes before he makes a move.
Feb 6, 2022 11:11 AM
Jun 2021
Okk for once I will ignore all the plot Armours of this ep especially for Tenzen & Tanjiro

But damn!!!! That animation level???? Is it even possible? I mean how could they do that? Ufotable guys you champs!!!! How could you even possibly pull that up!!!? I couldn't dream of such fierce animation

This arc has been absolute entertainer upto now but I don't know why it didn't connect me emotionally too much, anyway loved this episode 5/5

Definitely a 9/10 arc this one, -1 for few unexplained Plot Armours
Feb 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Aug 2015
Ok this was fucking sick.

But. I just cannot agree with the power scaling in this show, it is ridiculous. Tanjirou's plot armor is too much.
Feb 6, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
Our boys are going to have a bad rep amongt the Hashira. Go out withem and come back dead, maimed, or dead and maimed.
Feb 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 2021
Can't believe next week will be the last episode. Don't go Demon Slayer we still need you to save this mid tier season. Also that Nin Nin part at the end got me, why did they have Taisho era secret at the end, it seems out of place for this kind of episode. Lmao, Past Nezuko is standing there explaining shit while her brother is in dying.
Feb 6, 2022 11:20 AM

May 2021
holy shit is all I can say. I thought ep 9 was already good, but ep 10 just made me jaw drop again.
Feb 6, 2022 11:22 AM

Aug 2021
The animation being top tier as usual for kny...Ufotable really putting all out with this
And Tanjiro getting some kind of power up there with his scar being spread throughout his face
Feb 6, 2022 11:23 AM

May 2020
Words cant describe this episode..OMFG
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Feb 6, 2022 11:23 AM

May 2020
THAT EPISODE THOUGH!!
My word at the beginning when Gyutaro showed up infront of Tanjiro I thought all was lost but to be fair it's a shounen anime so when have the main characters ever really lost!
Feb 6, 2022 11:42 AM
Jan 2021
Holy moly. To much happened in this episode. And Tanjiro still could fight after all this
Feb 6, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 2020
Dear god, thank you for this feast. I had my heatbeat on 2× the whole time, it was amazing & beautiful. Even after the past few amaizng episodes of this season, ep19 was still my favourite but today this one just stood above any other episode. I loved it. Also, we just saw Tanjiro's demon slayer mark awakedned didn't we?
Feb 6, 2022 11:43 AM
May 2020
Another episode that has me on the edge of my seat. The episodes keep getting better and its insane animation makes it so much better- its a 10/10 to me
Feb 6, 2022 11:49 AM

Jul 2019
Absolutely phenomenal episode, having Shirai do the storyboards and be the episode director was a great choice.
Mind-blowing sequences by Go Kimura, Masayuki Kunihiro and Nozomu Abe.

Also, nice to have freelance-animators like Shinichi Kurita and Kazuhiro Miwa make another appearance!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 11:52 AM

Feb 2008
The staff really went all out for this episode! Amazing!
Feb 6, 2022 11:55 AM
Jan 2017
Imagine going to god light speed just to see Inosuke keeping up flying in the air lol. But overall this episode is Flashy!!!
Feb 6, 2022 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
I'm baffled... The sakuga in the Mugen Train movie was fantastic, but this easily tops that, easily! Chapeau, Ufotable.. Chapeau!!! You're again in a league of your own and even though this didn't top the Heaven's feel battles, it comes so darn close!! (what if this arc had a movie budget??) The whole frenzy between Uzui and Gyutaro was visually spectacular!
Feb 6, 2022 12:01 PM

May 2016
The ep that sold a million BDs, lol!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 6, 2022 12:07 PM
Nov 2019
I have no words to describe how god this episode was, this honestly blows everything else this series has down out of the water.
Feb 6, 2022 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Ufotable just reach another level of battle shonen animation. I am speechless. No matter how much you think the story is generic like any other other in this genre they really took it in another level of sakuga.

Also i laughed so hard with Nezuko talking about their mother while her brother die in pain lol.
Feb 6, 2022 12:17 PM
Dec 2019
Holy shitt this was epic just like the 19th epusodr of season 1 and the rengoku X akaza fight in mugentrain the gem if this seaaon the fight was mind-blowing the animation and emotion of the fught was gorgeous as usual Ufotable showed us work dedication can make an animw beautiful
Feb 6, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2021
Just WOW.... Im speechless. This is the best thing ive ever watched
Feb 6, 2022 12:18 PM
Dec 2019
Holy shitt this was epic, Just like the 19th epusodr of season 1 and the rengoku X akaza fight in mugentrain. the gem of this season, The fight was mind-blowing the animation and emotion of the fight was gorgeous. as usual Ufotable showed us work & dedication can make an anime beautiful
Feb 6, 2022 12:23 PM

Jun 2019
THERE’S the hype I’ve been missing. This season is still riddled with flaws, but on a production standpoint it is borderline impossible to find a more stunning weekly anime. Crazy how much it carries this series.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.