Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, another episode of negotiations. I do have to admit though, Jeanne is starting to grow to me as a responsible person, who is trying to do the best for her people.

A lot of focus on Jeanne. I think they really tried the bring out the best of her potential. And tbh, I think she's a very valuable asset to her nation.
Jan 15, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
the discussion with Jeanne is still going on, I only glimpsed it seemed to have to sleep quickly for tonight, discussing alliances? seems like forming a bond of friendship isn't bad either than having to be enemies. The negotiations no longer belonged to Julius, but to the Grand Cayos Empire and the Kingdom of Elfrieden. Boring episodes feel like watching Tensura, meeting, meeting and meeting :")

Even though there was a slightly romantic scene of Lishia and Soma, maybe this would be the last meeting.
Jan 15, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
Well they did make a good deal here and it seems the biggest problem is solved now, it was funny how Liscia reacted to the invitation tho.
Anyway there are still a few issues here and i am looking forward to seeing them resolved, the question is when they will be resolved tho.

Anyway more characters cooperating is always a good thing.
Jan 15, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
The war negotiations between the Grand Chaos Empire (Jeanne) and the Kingdom of Elfrieden (Souma) continues, and since this series dives heavily on negotiations like these, I'd guess that this tries to be a Log Horizon wannabe that plays out differently.

In this "Mankind Declaration" truce, it's obvious that Souma has issues differentiating mankind and demons, and requiring the others' help is a crucial must, just something that the others hadn't taken into account for that Souma has to contend with interracial strife that could start a war from within. Making rules and drawing lines is also a must to ensure which sides can do actions and whatnot, should there be a clause that could unintentionally create a win-lose situation in the fight towards peace.

That was a brash decision, Jeanne. To request that Souma be remitted out of Elfrieden to help the Empire, that was shocking, even for a moment. But he stood has ground and continued finalizing negotations the way that the modern world has established, and it's quite the hefty discussion.

Souma getting a lap pillow from Liscia is just about the nicest thing after the whole Talk no Jutsu session.

Let's just hope that this'll be a win-win benefit to drive out the demons in the Demon Lord's domain.
Jan 15, 2022 10:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good how they could find a deal between Elfrieden and Amidonia, lol of course Liscia wouldn't give Souma like that (xD) the demon lord thing sounds interesting...
Jan 15, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
Lmfao. They actually cut why he won't sign the "Mankind Declaration" and teases Jeanne with half of the story.
Jan 15, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2018
We have only 24 minutes. What shall we fill it with? Ok, 1:30 per opening and ending. And 1 minute part of explaining the story and/or "Previously". Great idea...
Jan 15, 2022 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into the terms of the mankind declaration was a nice way to remind us what the dispute is about. Cute as she is Jeanne is a knight thats probably seen combat plenty of times so learning to survive on monster meat is normal to her. The discussion about the demons though really was interesting. It does take a lot of courage for Souma to admit his lack of knowledge so i applaud him for being honest and upfront. But the implications of it sure were grave. The meeting about what to do with the Amidonia problem them really showed Souma's skill at diplomacy. But man Jeanne's suggestion really was quite rash indeed. Taking Souma to not only become PM but also potentially emperor as well lol. Rare indeed to see Liscia and Aisha lose their cool though but defo worth it. Overall an excellent ep as always that balanced out some nice tension via the negotiations with some nice world building and comedy. Given the reaction to the name im curious at where Souma came upon the demon lords name.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this episode was very good. it build the world a lot more and it showed that Souma actually had some weaknesses in terms of knowledge about the world and the outcome if some of his actions came to the light. Especially with the Dragonnewts and Lizardmen.

I thought it was cute and funny when Liscia and Aisha got flustered when Jeanne asked Souma to come to the capital and Marry her sister. Very nice.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 15, 2022 11:12 AM
Feb 2021
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
We have only 24 minutes. What shall we fill it with? Ok, 1:30 per opening and ending. And 1 minute part of explaining the story and/or "Previously". Great idea...

Welcome to all of shonen anime lol
Jan 15, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2021
The entire episode was just negotiations, but I still enjoyed it and the time went by really fast.
I wanted Souma to remain in command of Van, but he had to give it back.
I'm curious to know Souma's next plans.
asdasdsadad
Jan 15, 2022 11:37 AM
May 2017
Physics are easier to understand than conversations in this anime lol
Jan 15, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Is this anime a talking simulator? Who cares about all this backstory and planning?

I guess that instead of the genres "Action, Romance and Fantasy" it should be just "Fantasy, Talking"... Easy, fixed it for them :)
Jan 15, 2022 12:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a lot of dialogue. They're really doing this on the cheap. Not surprising considering JC Staff's treatment of its "lesser" shows
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 15, 2022 12:27 PM
Jun 2020
Negotiations felt sort of underwhelming. They could have retained the conquered territory if they tried to imho.
Jan 15, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2021
Great episode! A lot more negotiations this episode with Jeanne who may be best girl imo now...
She suggested the idea of Kazuya marrying her sister due to his intelligence and seeing what empire he could create which everyone was against xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 15, 2022 12:50 PM

May 2016
will we actually see any demon fighting THIS season or will it just be every nation killing each other like last?
Jan 15, 2022 1:31 PM
Oct 2016
Negotiations galore as Souma privately talks to Jeanne about resolving this situation. The empire can't afford to back down since they have pledged to dispute any borders taken by military force. While the kingdom can't back down since they were the ones being attacked and took this capital city as recompense. Somehow that topic of eating monster meat came up very weird, Souma is right Jeanne is pretty but very much a rough and tumble military leader.

Souma kind went off the rails speaking about how he can't differentiate between certain races of demons and beastman and things like that. How it's not just an automatic awareness for him since he didn't grow up in this world. Meaning he's not accustomed to the inherent differences between certain races, which is something that the rest of them took for granted and never really thought about. Something like that getting out to the public could cause major problems.

Back to the decision over this capital city, the kingdom receiving a nice lump sum as payment sounds pretty good. While also forming this new secret alliance with the empire. Letting each other know information about the demon territory and setting up embassies. Jeanne got a little too excited speaking about letting Souma have her sister and be emperor. That got Liscia and Aisha jealous quickly. Of course Souma isn't going anywhere but I do wonder why the demon lord name sounded familiar to Souma and why he fainted upon thinking about it.
Jan 15, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
will we actually see any demon fighting THIS season or will it just be every nation killing each other like last?

Jan 15, 2022 1:51 PM

Feb 2019
Did souma get told the name of the demon lord when he got isekai’d maybe?
Jan 15, 2022 4:30 PM

Jun 2021
Morssee said:
Is this anime a talking simulator? Who cares about all this backstory and planning?

I guess that instead of the genres "Action, Romance and Fantasy" it should be just "Fantasy, Talking"... Easy, fixed it for them :)

Politics and meetings have always been the main focus and the main draw of this show, so I'm not sure why you're surprised.
Jan 15, 2022 5:07 PM
Mar 2016
is this suppose to be season 2 or part 2 of season 1 (2nd cour of season 1)?
Jan 15, 2022 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
dantheman007a said:
Morssee said:

Politics and meetings have always been the main focus and the main draw of this show, so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

I'm not really surprised, the questions were rethorical.. But I can't hide the fact that I expected less talking and more action, or to be honest, better action.. But I guess that I can't expect much from a studio that hasn't produced anything good for years now...

I just feel like it doesn't really fit the action/romance genres, it's so focused on politics and meetings, besides that sad animation for the only fight last season that would probably make for half an episode if you put it togheter and some cringey flirting, it barely has anything else...
Jan 15, 2022 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
It's funny how they completely removed the story on why he won't sign the treaty. I really liked that story.
Jan 15, 2022 5:33 PM

Aug 2020
whole episode of talking.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 15, 2022 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
This one was more of a chill one. But i hope that with this secret alliance we will get more action and smart plays by Souma and his team.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 15, 2022 6:02 PM

Jun 2021
For me, this episode was so boring
Jan 15, 2022 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
Talk no Jutsu not bad but boring

Jan 15, 2022 7:13 PM
Mar 2017
dantheman007a said:
Morssee said:

bruh this anime is about our main chara soma bringing modern government style to the isekai world where he was asking whats the different between monsters and demons and the girls answer soma question by saying if you soma gonna think that demon and monsters are differrent its gonna leading to racial war because the world he is in rn is diverse with multiple demi humans races and he decided to learn more before he cane make decision on those matters.
Jan 15, 2022 10:01 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! The show really makes 20-ish minutes of just negotiations entertaining as hell lmao.

Jeanne out here offering her sister and the whole empire to Souma just like that lmao, I loved Liscia and Aisha's reactions.

They talked about some interesting stuff, especially the parts about the demons, I wonder from where Souma has heard the Demon Lord's name though, for him to be familiar with it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 15, 2022 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
Why they didn't show the difference between monsters, beastmen, demons, etc in visual arts!! What a lazy studio, with just talking no jutsu, zoom-in-zoom-out, and different camera angles, I couldn't get the big picture of the topics, so boring episode
Jan 15, 2022 11:18 PM

May 2020
He won't leave Elfrieden, so don't get this much worked up.
Jan 16, 2022 2:53 AM
Nov 2019
I almost fell asleep watching this episode . was pretty boring
Jan 16, 2022 4:17 AM

Jun 2016
just talk ,talk and talk !!

this episode so boring as hell !!
Jan 16, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2021
A lot of guys saying this is all about talking and boring... Well, this should be like this since this is about politics and arbitration. It's actually interesting to see those discussions to know how the empire and the kingdom will work in the future.

Jan 16, 2022 9:51 AM

Dec 2016
dantheman007a said:
Morssee said:

I heavily disagree. Politic meetings & negotiations had been "part" of the overall story. The main focus since day one had always been solving the Kingdom's socio-economic problems the prior lazy King wasn't able to atend to, by introducing otherworld solutions/customs aka, thinking outside the box.

Regarding the episode, holy fuck, I thought I was listening to Grampa's Simpson rants about onions attached to their belts, but in the most boring and cheaply animated way. The whole "morning yak" went from monster meat taste, to questioning the differences between beasts & demons to Jean proposing her sister in marriage to Souma out of the blue. Like WTF. The whole point of the reunion was to agree to a settlement on returning the Van kingdom and that was worked in a minute or two tops. The rest is boring stupid padding that vaguely serves as lampshading for a future event on the war against the Demons/Mazoku. There are way better ways to introduce a new plot point without resorting to the cheapest presentation of two or more peeps sitting in a cafe booth yapping nonsense.
KimurahJan 16, 2022 9:57 AM
Jan 16, 2022 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
Good god what a boring episode. I struggled to stay engaged with anything being discussed and this is the second episode where people are just stood around talking.

Some things obviously work better in writing but I'm really struggling to find the reason this show is so highly rated. Last season I had to sit through an entire episode of forest management. Its one of the most boring fantasy shows I've ever seen.
Jan 16, 2022 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
Ughh another boring ass talking ep, well at least they wrapped up the negotiation. 4/10
RedChromeJan 16, 2022 3:19 PM
Jan 16, 2022 4:55 PM
Mar 2015
Information drop Rather forward proposal of jeanne Of course the summoning was the Empire's idea
Jan 17, 2022 8:42 AM

Dec 2010
Seeing all the people complaining and dropping is always fun to see.

The anime clearly focuses on politics and economics so of course there would be plenty of talking.

If you don't like it that's fine but that doesn't mean it is a bad series.
Jan 17, 2022 7:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, bit of hard hearing all the talks at first. I honestly surprised they decide to spend whole episode with just diplomatic talk and such. But at least its contain something worth the blabbering. Monsters meat, and the possibility making demon into another 'recognized race'. But its sure hold the greater risk.

Not to mention Amidonia also had a nice result beyond those one-sided negotation, which kinda not so bad for Julius to take. You just need to hella pay some coins as a cost for your loss. By that topic, i really thought that Souma will tough it out and defend the kingdom positions even in front of Jeanne, or state an opinion to held a Referendum for Van residents to either stay with kingdom or back to Amidonia.

But looks like the direction of this episode is solely leading toward more greater goal later on. The demon domain, and to maintaining a good relationship with the empire, which they already talk that out lot without any rest here.

Nice episode. Jeanne revealing her true color teasing the girls there also quite amusing. Triggered Liscia and Aisha really fun to watch, lmao. Can't wait to see Jeanne sister while holding another 'talk' with Souma....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 18, 2022 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
The negotiations between the Empire and Elfrieden was much better than the previous episode (where Julius was very one dimensional), though the political tactics used were basic at best(there were also a few that didn't make sense) and for some reason the characters besides the MC are gullible such as Maria who supposed to be a diplomatic representative (she's too open, naive, and slow witted).

It was an alright episode but then they had to ruin it with the cliche harem crap near the end.

Note : I like harem, but this is just that shitty level harem where every characters for some fucking idiot reason suddenly fell in love with the MC and how easily his harem is jealous.
Hot_Green_TeaJan 18, 2022 4:48 AM
Jan 18, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
I got bored with some of the talk but all I can say is that I really like Liscia, she's a sweet girl.
Jan 18, 2022 7:18 PM
Aug 2018
Hot_Green_Tea said:
The negotiations between the Empire and Elfrieden was much better than the previous episode (where Julius was very one dimensional), though the political tactics used were basic at best(there were also a few that didn't make sense) and for some reason the characters besides the MC are gullible such as Maria who supposed to be a diplomatic representative (she's too open, naive, and slow witted).

It was an alright episode but then they had to ruin it with the cliche harem crap near the end.
Note : I like harem, but this is just that shitty level harem where every characters for some fucking idiot reason suddenly fell in love with the MC and how easily his harem is jealous.
this kind of harem is good,if u not like then ignore
Jan 18, 2022 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
Sayan_Pal said:
Hot_Green_Tea said:

I have to disagree, I'm not saying Harem is bad, I like them and I've watched many but the Harem here is in the level of Kanokari or Infinite Stratos level of trashy cliche Harem. The harem from my perspective, if done well, can actually elevate the show(such as Log Horizon). However, the Harem that is used here is just the cliche overused harem trope that most trashy harem anime used where the girls fell in love with the MC because of the shallowest reason possible and how easily they fell for him, which in turn damages fair amount of characters and the overall show.

I've been ignoring most of it(and I even like it on few occasions) but that 2nd episode transition from a serious conversation to cliche harem trope was awful IMO.
Jan 18, 2022 10:29 PM
Aug 2018
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Sayan_Pal said:

I have to disagree, I'm not saying Harem is bad, I like them and I've watched many but the Harem here is in the level of Kanokari or Infinite Stratos level of trashy cliche Harem. The harem from my perspective, if done well, can actually elevate the show(such as Log Horizon). However, the Harem that is used here is just the cliche overused harem trope that most trashy harem anime used where the girls fell in love with the MC because of the shallowest reason possible and how easily they fell for him, which in turn damages fair amount of characters and the overall show.

I've been ignoring most of it(and I even like it on few occasions) but that 2nd episode transition from a serious conversation to cliche harem trope was awful IMO.
but it is good for me
Jan 19, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2019
This whole episode would be broadcasted in a radio and I wouldn't feel the difference.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jan 20, 2022 12:35 PM
Jan 2022
I have watched season 1 and the 2 episodes of season 2 and this what I think. Haven't read the novel. The main character is stupid and a coward(facepalm). Returning Van when he doesn't have to. If the empire attack the country where the MC is, it will be seen as the enemy of humankind. Just because the empire is part of a treaty, doesn't mean they can do whatever they please and don't suffer any consequence. If the empire attacks begin a war where civilians could be involved is a bad move in this situation. After all in a war where military action is taken there is always the risk of civilians getting involved and if the MC is intelligent then I am one of the most intelligent and wise person to have ever exist. By returning Van the MC is being a push over, doormat and yes men who won't stand his ground when it matters.
Jan 20, 2022 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
yuiichi9 said:
I have watched season 1 and the 2 episodes of season 2 and this what I think. Haven't read the novel. The main character is stupid and a coward(facepalm). Returning Van when he doesn't have to. If the empire attack the country where the MC is, it will be seen as the enemy of humankind. Just because the empire is part of a treaty, doesn't mean they can do whatever they please and don't suffer any consequence. If the empire attacks begin a war where civilians could be involved is a bad move in this situation. After all in a war where military action is taken there is always the risk of civilians getting involved and if the MC is intelligent then I am one of the most intelligent and wise person to have ever exist. By returning Van the MC is being a push over, doormat and yes men who won't stand his ground when it matters.

Well why would you expect him to be competent when he's been shown to have basically zero actual high level ability and all his problems have been easy fix-its?
Jan 21, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2018
Not bad. Too bad there was no animation at all because it was a purely talking episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

54 by Archean-Return »»
May 2, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

157 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

67 by xxpikachu15 »»
Mar 12, 12:07 PM

» which chapter from the manga did the anime end?

sondongpyo - Apr 3, 2022

15 by Scootboi »»
Jan 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

38 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.