Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2021 9:38 AM
Mar 2015
Continued in April 2022
Dec 23, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking love Tadano. Guy is so funny and likable
Dec 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
Great ending to the cultural festival. Najimi got carried away lol and the class didn't win the grand prize but really all that matters is whether they had fun or not, which they did :D

Kaede was again as kawai as ever in this episode.

It was so cute and funny when Komi san went to confess on roof and ended up blurting out "meow" xDDDD

We got more of Komi san and Tadano kun in maid outfits this episode, they even tried to dance, Tadano saying, "excuse me" before holding Komi san's hand was hilarious xDD

The class went to Karaoke to celebrate, that's lke the worst nightmare for her and people with social anxiety in general, no wonder she was terrified and shaking so much, it was pretty brave of her to at least go in front of everybody and try to sing, I would have just throwed up before my turn had even come and went home lmao (well but going to Karaoke with friends would require me to have friends irl which I don't have so no point thinking about that).

Also I think this was the first time I noticed the characters using the f word, that too two times in a single episode, my memory is not really good but I don't remember anyone using the f word in any previous episodes.

Didn't get the ED at the end but instead got OP with new visuals, it was refreshing to watch that, it showed most of the best moments of the anime.

I was gonna be sad and empty when I heard that its just gonna be 1 cour and then the season 2 announcement came in like a storm of serotonin, I'm so happy that we are gonna get 12 more episodes in April, even though the anime was originally supposed to be of 24 episodes but nevermind, just gotta wait for 4 more months, this will even give the animators the well deserved break for doing such a fantastic job animating this and hopefully we get 2 more absolute banger of songs as OP and ED for season 2, though I won't mind if the kept it same as season 1, I love the OP and ED of this season, I haven't skipped them once.

10/10 anime for me, very fun, very wholesome and cute. My favourite anime of this season.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 23, 2021 10:32 AM
May 2016
Great ending to the best new show of the season. The karaoke scene was adorable.
Amazing show for just taking and recycling a bunch of old character tropes. Always sweet and funny, can't wait for season 2. :)
Dec 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Jan 2021
Just a good show, and probably one of best anime finales of the season. Yes Komi, I'm looking forward to the next season.
Dec 23, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2021
This was better than I'd expected it to be! Glad it's getting a second season :D
Dec 23, 2021 11:39 AM
Dec 2021
This is a great anime, good that s2 comming quickly.
Dec 23, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2021
Great final episode! Komi is dressed up in a maid outfit and accidentally says 'meow instead of maid on the roof xD. Osana Najimi's bad business practices were funny to watch lol. Komi wants Takano to dance with her!

Season 2 has been confirmed and I'm looking forward to it!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 23, 2021 11:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
When I first heard about the adaption, I was excited because I knew how successful the original source material (manga) was but I didn't expect too much. Perhaps that turned out to help in the end, but this has been a really good 1st part for me and I honestly can't wait for more.

Najimi is best boy/girl and he/she proved that once again this episode xD. Mad skills, he's got! He/she will definitely make it back, that's for certain. "Meow" - I wonder how much of that did he/she foresee...

It's hilarious how Komi-san barely survived the haunted house even though the main attraction in the jump scare was missing because of the obvious reason.

Onemine-san and Otori-san joining the two for the stroll was nice to see. Expected just the two to have a bit of time though and that nearly happened in the dance hall but Najimi intervened. In all fairness, that was probably for the better though lol.

Karaoke to end things off with. Komi-san's panic-struck reactions got more and more hilarious but the 0/100 topped it off. It's certainly the machine, no question. Tadano-kun and Komi-san having a moment between themselves during his singing session was adorable, I want to see more developments!

On another note, the transition from the karaoke session to the ED theme was fantastic! And of course, the announcement in the end too. Can't wait for Spring '22!

Man, I'm going to miss the Op & especially the ED themes. One of my favs from the year, I was quite pleased with both the visual and music choices and I'm expecting something of a similar quality in a few months' time.

8/10 from my side.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2021 12:45 PM

Aug 2020
In this continuation of the school festival, Najimi took advantage of the public's preference for Komi and used it to move the crowd out of the place with her xD and he even got some good money selling Komi's slap for 2000 ien. But he had to give all the money back after all.

Najimi, Komi and Tadano went to the haunted mansion and Komi almost had an attack. And after it, she was pushed to make a confession on the top of one of the school buildings. She tried to say "maid" but it went "mya" xD

(I thought she would dance with Tadano, but Najimi interfered. Can't deny it was a cute scene anyway)

The karaoke part was hilarious, especially due to Komi's anxiety to sing. She had trouble trying it, but her friends cheered her up. Then she sang (or tried to) the opening theme with Najimi and Tadano.

This anime surprised me a lot this season. Waiting for a second part.

Dec 23, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
What a way to end season 1 with a fun and energetic episode continuing the enjoyment that the culture festival had to offer. Najimi's way of making their maid cafe more successful was amusing, but it backfired so much that their class missed out on the top prize because of Najimi's dodgy tactics. XD

The celebrations continued into a get-together at the local karaoke and everyone had good fun. It was a tease that the show would play the ED song just as Komi was about to finally sing with Najimi and Tadano, but the extra segment announcing a second season starting in just over 3 months time is awesome. I'm glad we don't have to wait too long to see more of this amusing and charmful series.

Overall, while I'm not sure what score I'll give Komi Can't Communicate, I will say that ti's been a fun and exciting experience. The hype behind it was big, but I'm glad it met that hype with how well OLM produced this series. You can see the creativity and variety that the animation went into just to make this show more awesome and I hope this continues into the second season as well.
Dec 23, 2021 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Ooooooh I need one more season or a bit more until we see one of/ if not best girl

Very good season for the long awaited Komi San. Characters turned out the way I expected, if not better (Looking at you Yami girl ;) ).

Now then, bring me that Season 2 Proto!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
This was an especially challenging episode for Komi. Even without suffering from communication disorder

A) I absolutely hate singing in front of others(unless I'm lit)
B) A public speech is even worse xD (don't show me a video of it)

Fun festival finale. Loved the karaoke part (Komi was mad shaking) and post ending scene.

8/10 overall

Looking forward to cour 2

@JokerVentura hope you enjoyed stalker-chan's declaration of love

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2021 1:22 PM
Apr 2021
Season 2. Ahhhhh come on this is amazing
Potato's Rock<3
Dec 23, 2021 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
This was an especially challenging episode for Komi. Even without suffering from communication disorder

A) I absolutely hate singing in front of others(unless I'm lit)
B) A public speech is even worse xD (don't show me a video of it)

Fun festival finale. Loved the karaoke part (Komi was mad shaking) and post ending scene.

8/10 overall

Looking forward to cour 2

@JokerVentura hope you enjoyed stalker-chan's declaration of love

Ha, sure I loved it, the only thing that would have made it better is if she got depressed at being ignored and threw herself off the roof........... splat!!!
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 23, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this series! The omake at the end had me tear up a little it was so sweet :')
desu desu binches
Dec 23, 2021 2:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Loved this final episode, continuing the school festival from last episode, we got a lot of hilarious moments in this one, I especially loved the dance scene, which was very wholesome and sweet, and the karaoke scene, which was a mix of chaos and hilarity lol, Komi getting increasingly more nervous was really funny. I also loved Komi cheering on Tadano when he sung, a nice final moment between the two for the season.

And that was the end of the long awaited Komi anime, I wasn’t among the ones that waited, and was introduced through this anime, but I can say I 100% understand the love for it now, it’s definitely among my favorite SoLs now and I’m very excited to hear Season 2 is so soon already, absolutely loved this and I’m glad it was so well received!
Dec 23, 2021 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know... I've tried manga ages ago and dropped it as it didn't stick with me at all. Komi is cute, but that's pretty much all there is to this show. Comedy is scarce. Romance is scarce. Cringe and "wtf" is plenty. I would've gone with 6/10, but decided to end with 7/10 for Komi's sake.
Dec 23, 2021 2:23 PM
Jun 2020
I gave it a 5. In my honest opinion, there wasn't much that Komi-san had that made it stick out from all the other Slice of Life Comedy Anime. The side characters were especially uninteresting, and Komi doesn't really change as a character from the beginning to the end.

I would rather someone like Onemine or Kaede replace Najimi. The show is good with a slower pace and is good with setting its jokes up at a slow pace, and Najimi ruins this flow. Onemine and Kaede just play off the main characters more smoothly without breaking the pace of the show.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Dec 23, 2021 2:36 PM
Jul 2019
watta pathetic last episode...........................

I feel like wanting to hit Hito Hito and Komi san on their heads with a paper fan
Dec 23, 2021 2:44 PM
Jan 2021
komi-san in a maid outfit and naijimi taking advantage of that was hilarious. second season will be released in april 2022. nlg but imo i think that this was overhyped but nonetheless it was good.
Dec 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
An overall excellent adaptation with all the right ingredients for an enjoyable show. Sadly it is simultaneously fairly forgettable and I would have probably have dropped it around half way if it wasn't for the fact that I've read the manga.

It is one of those series that I both really enjoyed but also dreaded the possibility of an adaptation since my main impression was that this particular story wouldn't lend itself well to being animated. The plot also moves at a glacial pace in the manga, which in turn makes a single cour season turn into a straight up slice of life with virtually zero character or plot progression, leaving it with little to offer beyond what has already been offered by dozens of other shows. Ironically, it might actually have suffered from being too close to its source material.

Good technical presentation at least puts it above dead average, but just slightly.
6/10
Dec 23, 2021 3:53 PM
Jun 2013
The dedication at the ending to the people who has the disorder/anxiety problems was really cool and the cherry at the top of a amazing 1st season, seriously, Komi-san couldn't ask for a better adaptation, OLM did a amazing job and i can't wait for S2 in April. 9/10
Dec 23, 2021 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Komi trying to say something at the end was really cool with announcing a new season, the Karaoke people having a lot of fun I like it.
Dec 23, 2021 4:34 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, Najimi is quite a marketing genius. The karaoke roulette with everyone at the end was nice. I wanted to see Komi sing but, Tadano's effort was sufficient enough for me. Alright, season 2 in Spring 2022!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2021 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
Wrapping up the culture festival and singing karaoke to finish out season 1. You know, I was about to go on a mini rant of sorts about how I read a big chunk of the manga several years ago and remember liking it more than this adaptation, but I just checked my score for the manga and no, I only have that at a 7/10 as well so I guess I don't love this franchise as much as I remember loving it. Not to say it's bad of course, it's not. It's very cute and enjoyable even, just nothing great. I'll still give it a solid 7/10 and watch season 2.
Dec 23, 2021 5:44 PM

May 2021
Respect to Ninja guy(did we learn his name) for following Covid Safety Guidelines all the way.

As usual, I enjoyed Komi's reactions to Najimi's devilish schemes. But Komi herself did not receive much development; I was hoping she would speak up a bit at the karaoke. Its weird that she spoke only at the end to announce a sequel (which I am looking forward to for hopefully some more character development).

Its side character however (no Najimi, not you) still annoy me with how much they simp for Komi; it does make Komi nervous but that's like their only use. Hopefully, season 2 brings a change in that regard.
4/10

Dec 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Dec 2018
Season 2 announced right away after season 1 finished. Wow, Japan love Komi so much eh?
Overall, it's actually an average anime. I've never laugh watching the comedy in this, but the comedy is still acceptable.
Poor Tadano, only Komi listening to his karaoke... Everyone else doesn't actually take attention about him, but he is one of top male character in this Anime season.

Dec 23, 2021 11:25 PM

Jan 2021
Well... it was decent. Didn't liked any of the characters except Komi, Tadano and Najimi.
A good laid back show.
6/10
Dec 23, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
I didn't know the cultural festival part would be this long. That was enjoyable.

Najimi may seem a little pushy but Najimi really helped increase Komi-san's confidence level even if it's just like 1% XD

Both Tadano and Komi-san's heart is starting to skip a beat for each other. That's so wholesome. They are the best couple of this season.

Tadano singing was so good, sad that no-one gave him any attention but Komi-san was enjoying it, what else would someone want.

It was really relaxing anime. I can't wait for the second season. I really look forward to see more of Komi-san and Tadano's relationship development.

Overall 8/10
Dec 24, 2021 12:58 AM
May 2021
I'm sick of dumb-assed anime like this.

Fuck season 2, I'm not wasting my time with it like I did with this.

Maybe I watched it out of desperation.

Regardless, if Komi can't communicate, maybe Komi can do Hentai.

LOL!
Dec 24, 2021 1:17 AM

Jan 2021
Komi-san with that glasses is really cute.

this anime adaptation is really great, I personally couldn't ask for more like the art style, ost and voice is good (even though i find najimi voice sometimes annoying)

cant wait for season 2
Dec 24, 2021 3:58 AM

Jun 2020
Najimi is a money-laundering machine when it comes to business and milking the hell out of Komi it's hilarious and the punishment he/she? received was no doubt amusing

Librarian Komi honestly fits the spot like it's a common thing for her now that I think of it she fits right well as a librarian, I see where this is going, Tadano and Komi gets their "alone time" together and he had a chance to dance with her in the gym I'm honestly surprised he wasn't dead on the spot

These mf's delusional hearing her singing without her singing like a ghost, That's cute Komi's still supporting Tadano I like their chemistry.

A second season announced already no complaints by me why can't some anime be like that when it's enjoyable, This season was an enjoyable yet entertaining one for me I was wondering if this series will get animated and it did and it didn't disappoint, Nothing much to say but I want it to be Spring 2022 right now.
Dec 24, 2021 5:02 AM

Jan 2019
My biggest dissapoitment this season. Not bad anime, but c'mon, it just normal rom-com with school setting. Cant say i dislike something - art style and animation was fine, comedy was meh, romantic elements also just started gettin good at end. If you saw few animes with this setting, then you can easily tell that komi does not offers anything new. Overall nothing special, nothing wrong with it. Fine show.
Dec 24, 2021 5:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah the end of cultured festival already. Maid cafe for the win. Too bad there's no reward, because your Najimi caught to cause a turbulence inside the school authority. But its not the true end, because Komi will be back again next year. Nice! Nice extra! Finally va did her another job perfectly cute there xd. Still, i don't really like karaoke part much. Because its too much doing the character skip singing, and i feel like i may need some of Yamai spirit to let my frustation out about that.

In short, enjoyable rom-com. Simply because its my thing here. Even though its not the peak of mine. At least i know, waifu always be my top priority. And, yeah, Osana Najimi too. Always.

See you again on the second season.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2021 7:27 AM
Apr 2016
m3ccaryn said:
My biggest dissapoitment this season. Not bad anime, but c'mon, it just normal rom-com with school setting. Cant say i dislike something - art style and animation was fine, comedy was meh, romantic elements also just started gettin good at end. If you saw few animes with this setting, then you can easily tell that komi does not offers anything new. Overall nothing special, nothing wrong with it. Fine show.

Yes, this anime has nothing. I will certainly forget it in a month. It s not bad. But there is not even one original scene or original joke. Everything comes from other generic animes/mangas.
Dec 24, 2021 7:37 AM

Nov 2013
Given the hype of this anime, it was kinda frustrating how little I get out of this series. The setting is basic, the episodes was formulaic, nothing's to write home about for the characters and the comedy is just there.

There is a Dutch proverbs which can be translated as 'to make an elephant out of a mosquito', said of things of no real actual worth and impact that are blown out of proportion. This is one of those anime that fit the description.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 24, 2021 9:51 AM

Oct 2015
I really really love this anime!!!
Good to know there will be another season. Can't wait...

9/10 :)
Let there be light...
Dec 24, 2021 11:56 AM
Oct 2021
If you finish watching a really good anime, first you get satisfied. Then, you get some uneasy feeling like,' What if there is no season 2' or ' What if I'd never see my fav character' or sth like that. I'm getting that feeling now.
Dec 25, 2021 1:20 AM
Apr 2020
Ah, that famous "play the OP at the end of the episode".. I thought I wouldn't hear it one last time but it happend lol

If AT, AC or Crunchyroll had an award for this season's best studio for exceeding our expectations on adapting the source material, I would've easy vote for studio OLM. It was flawless, really.. From excellent animation, character designs, OSTs and much perfect execution.. OLM did just do it.. Couldn't ask for more. 9/10 for this

Now with the second season already confirmed on April 2022, I shall not miss it, no matter what it takes
Dec 25, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2018
That ending bit was great lol.
I didn't expect a 2nd season to be announced and coming THIS SOON especially considering how high the production value for this season has been. It looks like they planned all this from the start.

A lot of people hate this show because of the amount of love the adaptation got. Yeah I understand that you want YOUR favorite manga/LN to get this type of first-class adaptation but to say Komi-san didn't deserve this treatment over other "better" materials is just petty. I'd rather have SOME show (in this case Komi-san) to receive great adaptation than none at all. See what I'm getting at?
Dec 25, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
When Komi is the only one cheering Tadano singing during karaoke, it was touching one.

7/10 now I know why people not very fond with this anime, everyone drooling for Komi in last two episode gets too old man I find it jarring even. I get it she's beautiful but please brah she's also just another human.
Dec 25, 2021 11:10 AM

Oct 2018
cool anime with a good ending. Wait the next season in spring :)
Dec 25, 2021 11:31 AM
Nov 2021
Pretty good slice of life anime, one thing I enjoyed a lot about this compared to most anime's is that Komi actually has a family! Its pretty rare for some reason to have one lol.
Dec 25, 2021 11:37 AM

Nov 2019
Well, let the matter of 23rd Dec but no Christmas episode aside, this was the only one that I could laugh without being cringy of the trap, boobs, yandere and blab blab blah jokes, but still got ruined eventually. And hey, it is coincidental that Fumetsu also peaked at the 1st and 12th.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 25, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2021
I liked this episode, for me this anime was a 8/10

I will watch Season 2!
Dec 26, 2021 8:24 AM
Aug 2021
Uhm I think that the last apisode was great and there should be more of them in another season.
Dec 26, 2021 10:58 AM

Apr 2020
I can see why people liked this but for me the "girl is cute must protect" plot and everyone treating her like a goddess got old really fast. 6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 26, 2021 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed it only because of that trap lad Najimi. All the other parts were cringy and the simp levels were too fucking high, Idm some level of worship but damn this was suffocating. And not to mention treatin komi like some child that gets praised for just breathing. Participation award much. But damn Only worth for Najimis schemes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2021
Slimsith said:
I'm sick of dumb-assed anime like this.

Fuck season 2, I'm not wasting my time with it like I did with this.

Maybe I watched it out of desperation.

Regardless, if Komi can't communicate, maybe Komi can do Hentai.

LOL!

Aaaaaand I'm waiting to find out who's gonna miss you.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Oct 6, 2021

362 by FlexDaddy24 »»
Jun 13, 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.