Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the doctor created Eden to save humanity from the pollution, but due to the death of his family he came to believe a perfect world is one without people and so become a human killing machine - yep, he definitely checks out as the villain of the story. Luckily he comes to recognize the error of his ways at the last minute and reveal the password to Sara thanks to the memory of his family. The mech battle between Zero and Sara was kind of a lame way to conclude the series if I am being honest, but at least the music was awesome during the fight. Also nice to see Sara meet up with her parents one last time, even if they cannot remember her. Overall another decent little series by Netflix with good music and an enjoyable premise.
May 27, 2021 2:07 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The finale was alright. Due to the short length, it wrapped up a little too quickly and neatly. If given more time, a lot more could have been explored, but as it is, it was fine. The robot fight was a little random though. The ED was a very nice song, and the entire soundtrack from Kevin Penkin was outstanding.

I just feel like I have seen this exact story so many times already that everything sort of just played out exactly as one thinks that it will. Additionally, while Eden presents some philosophical questions, it doesn't really delve much into the answers and just moves on straight to the happy all ending. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially for an anime this short, but I am just trying to imagine ways that it could have been added to.

Also, there is a post credits scene, so don't turn it off too early. Just enjoy the ED and the extra scene.

In conclusion, it was decent. Its length makes it easily digestible and it has some fun characters and impactful moments.
anime-primeMay 27, 2021 2:11 AM
May 27, 2021 6:18 AM

Sep 2019
It was a cute finale, seeing the doctor become a dog was funny.

It was a boring show imo but the thing that I hated the most about this show was the bad cg. The main girl’s was bad but the doctor and his daughter’s was looking even worse. The story wasn’t good enough to justify that. The soundtrack was the best thing about this show but even that felt kind of lacking. I liked Kevin Penkin’s other works a lot more.
May 27, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2019
Surprisingly good for a kids' show.
May 27, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2020
It was surprisingly good show. Better than I expected. The CG didn't bother me at all.
May 27, 2021 4:12 PM
Sep 2019
This show made me cry.
Dr fields daughters death
Then him decide to save the remaining humans.
Happy ending
May 27, 2021 5:11 PM

Aug 2016
I am rather disappointed with the rating given by users ˆˆ 'I found this to be very good for a 4 episode anime. A little story that makes you think (even if we have already seen this theme several times). I think this is the perfect anime to show a child! Does the open end allow you to invent what will happen next? good or bad?
May 28, 2021 3:10 PM
Jan 2021
a good series even if short, with 2 more episodes would have been ideal.

But since Netflix is ​​hated from the beginning by many users and therefore the low score.
May 29, 2021 7:43 AM

May 2020
Hey, look who's back:
Nakiami (Bounen no Xamdou):

Sara:

Away from the sources of inspiration Eden was a bad show. Godd music, too god for it. Story not so bad but terrible execution. Strange plot twists, inconsequence and terrible decision about excesive use of CGI. Another cheap Netflix product.
May 29, 2021 3:05 PM

May 2018
So they chose visual style similar to Star Wars Resistance...which is not surprising since Eden is also made by studio CGCG.
May 30, 2021 9:37 AM

May 2020
Quite a finale. So Sara's basically the new leader of the next generation of humans.

Hopefully they don't fuck up the planet but I'm not going to have my hopes up. 35000 thousand humans some of whom went to sleep during a period of unrest and violence ? There's definitely no way there's going to be peace, unless all 34,998 humans are children that can be raised properly.

Overall, this was a decent show and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. There's some poor writing here and there but for the most part this was alright. 6/10.
May 30, 2021 10:25 PM
Oct 2019
the concept of this show is pretty good. and there were some good, emotional scenes. but there were some things that didn't make sense or get explained. and there was a lot of "convenience" in the plot and how Sara was able to do everything and succeed. parts of it were also a bit corny/lame

this is somewhere between 6 and 7/10. a 6/10 for the convenience factor, lack of key explanations, etc. a 7/10 because the scenes with the doctor and his daughter were, in fact, quite touching, and it's hard for me to give a show with scenes like that only a 6/10
Jun 1, 2021 1:54 PM

May 2012
A lot of people know that I hate CGI Anime, yet this one made it quite lovely to watch, and not only that as the episodic pacing was absolutely impressive if you ask me.

All in all I quite liked this anime even if it's only 4 episodes long, it sure packed a punch.
Jun 4, 2021 4:09 PM

Jul 2016
So Sara's cryogenic capsule appearing out of nowhere on the surface was never explained, huh?

Well, we could have gone with a more introspective and realistic ending but we went full mecha fight + super optimistic conclusion instead. Such a shame after three somewhat decent first episodes. Is Eden's target audience supposed to be children or something?

Anyways, average set of ONAs overall. Premise wasn't something new. The writer could have given it a more interesting execution yet she played it way too safe and thus, we got this mediocre conclusion as result.

5/10 - There were some good sequences here and there and Kevin Penkin's OST was fantastic as one could expect but nothing else.
Jun 4, 2021 11:04 PM

Jan 2009
not bad for a kids anime show

pollution killed the old world and there is risk of humanity polluting the world again but come on technological progress will make clean energy like nuclear fusion and even make us reach other habitable planets so yes humans should be allowed to live too
Jun 5, 2021 7:32 PM

Sep 2019
It wasn't outsanding but god damn, I want to talk about the animation and artstyle alone from the rest of it.

It looked like what the Bandai Namco game studios pull off with the Naruto games, I really loved that really clean artstyle alone, i'm pretty sure the plot and characters, even the protagonist is something i'm going to forget about this show, but the art of it is going to give me a lasting impresion, cus I been always thinking that it would be great if the people who make the visuals and animations of the naruto games did an actual anime or movie, and this is pretty much the answer, a buttery smooth animated anime with clean af visuals (as a sidenote, the hair having like a forced perspective like the old ps2 anime games had is a nice touch).
Jun 5, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
there is an anime this season called Edens Zero too lol

SouthRzVa said:
So Sara's cryogenic capsule appearing out of nowhere on the surface was never explained, huh?

think of it as just a malfunctioning capsule
Jun 9, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
This obviously won't set the world on fire but for what we got from Qubic and CGCG, I'm am pretty happy with it. Really really liked the production and characters in this one. Could have did better as a movie though.
Jun 27, 2021 7:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, as expected its feels incompleted. But, to my surprise, the happy end kinda decent enough for this kind of chilling short show. Penkin always bring such a goddamn great soundtrack. Eden ed theme song really suit well through the end. Like my above said, it will be more worked out in the movie format. Cause the episodic type really didn't suit well for this kind of story, cause an obvious lacking details all-around. Still its a decent one, more than i thought before....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Dec 2015
I just wished Kevin Penkin scored for an actual good anime besides Made in Abyss. I can't really go easy with this one considered it was a pain to get through those 4 episodes. 3/10
Jul 9, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2015
Very solid time killer. Doctor is a robot doggo now.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2021 5:04 AM

Mar 2020
HOW DID THEY GET DAVID TENNET AND NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IN THIS! No, seriously how did they get them in this. I surprisingly liked the CG in this show and the music (done by best boy Kevin Penkin). The plot was kind of rushed, but it was only four episodes and the main character Sara was kind of annoying but apart from this I liked the show.
"The best defence is a good offence" - Kiyoshi Fujino (Prison School EP 11)
Jul 19, 2021 6:17 PM
Jan 2019
when will they add the dub actors i want to have David Tennant in my favorites
Jul 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Apr 2019
The revelations are very bad.

Netflix should stop producing anime.
Jul 25, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2020
Overall wasn’t a bad series. The CGI was ok as it fit the designs elegantly. For what we got the animation could’ve easily been way way worse. Agree that the mech battle should’ve been longer and the series as a whole would’ve been much more fleshed out with more episodes.

I would give Eden a 6.5/10, but since I found the series pretty fulfilling in its quick entertainment, I decided to round my submitted score up to 7.
Aug 3, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2015
Not bad of a ona series with a decent end. Nice to see Sara with her robot parents at the end.

Aug 3, 2021 6:53 PM
Oct 2019
Man seeing how Dr. Fields and Liz Relationship till the end it's quite emotional ngl.

Surprisingly the CGI not really bother me at all, it's a good decision to make all CGI instead of mixing in with 2D.
I'm quite enjoying the story, even though I agree 4 episodes wasn't enough for the storytelling.
It could be more, but it was fine.

Applause to Kevin Penkin Music, he is the whole reason why I'm interested in this Anime.

6/10
Solid Decent Show and it just 4 episodes.
Nice and Quick Entertainment.
Oct 28, 2021 2:44 PM
Oct 2021
I cried so hard at this episode at the scene where Dr westons daughter liz die on screen. That shattered my emotions.
Jan 22, 2022 3:00 PM

Feb 2020
Overall, decent anime. Simple plot and simple execution. Other than then robots showing overally human emotion features, it was a well rounded film and even a bit emotional. Cgi was a bit cgi-ish but not bad. I enjoyed it quite a bit
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 3, 2022 2:12 PM
Aug 2015
I thought this ep really tied up the show well and was satisfying
Sep 19, 2022 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
Beautiful ending in how symbolic it was. Zoro managed to kinda retrieve his blocked human side, and Sara was able to wake up humanity from its slumber.

Nice that the final episode tied the most important point of this show's plot.

Too bad we didn't learn why and how Sara's capsule was able to appear on the surface.

I didn't expect to like this anime so much. Very solid show with awesome looking CGI. Its story could've been more complex, but as for only 4 episodes Eden did fantastic job in delivering the message and telling the tale of Sara living among robots.
Jan 1, 2023 2:17 PM

Dec 2018
oh look, the 10 trillionth show about environmentalism. yeah we get it: pollution bad. stop beating a dead horse here. it was okay at points but mostly boring and hackneyed. 
Dec 16, 2023 2:08 AM

Oct 2013
If the giant mech had a cockpit like any kind of mecha ever instead of just... doing thing with him planted ON the head of the bot like some candle they would have lose badly.

I mean her mecha had a cockpit to show the "he can't see I'm human in there" but him he has the "no cockpit" just so she can go talk directly to his face, that's waaaaay too stupid for me. 4 episodes was too short its so rushed.

I could get over the stupid "bad guy design" he built for his robot body and his bots but THIS that's too much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden (ONA) Episode 1 Discussion

anime-prime - May 27, 2021

17 by xman20003 »»
Feb 26, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Eden (ONA) Episode 3 Discussion

InfinityDude88 - May 27, 2021

13 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 23, 2022 2:22 PM

Poll: » Eden (ONA) Episode 2 Discussion

InfinityDude88 - May 27, 2021

9 by Adnash »»
Sep 19, 2022 9:40 PM

» Why Eden is released as series and not a movie?

quantum2000 - May 29, 2021

6 by davidyodo24 »»
Aug 3, 2021 7:00 PM

» PV

DatRandomDude - Oct 22, 2019

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 29, 2021 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.