Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 15, 2021 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 11 and its good.. and not yet that good, since there will be another hurdle that sayu must face, which she might not yet be ready for.. its really a good thing that yoshida was able to come, so that she will be able to touch the light when her heart was in the darkness.. i mean he is there for moral support, but as things stand at the end of the episode, it will now be sayus fight from now on.. since it will now be her illogical mother that she must face once she gets back to her house, as a home is where one can be at peace.. also, emotional traumas are seriously very hard to deal with.. even if one is now prepared to overcome it, not alone they cant.. and those other people probably dont know what they got, until they abandon it.. and what i mean is freedom, the thing sayu and other people like her lack.. the freedom to be with friends, and the support of parents when something is amiss.. tho reality would always slap back at u when u say that, one way or another.. well, back to the anime, sayu is now back and her mother is now the last boss after conquering a powerful curse.. that is the summary of this episode.. anyways, i rate the episode a 8.5 of 10, 8.5 for story and 10 for art.. :)
Jun 15, 2021 5:57 PM

Jan 2021
I swear has the animation always been this stiff and just awful?
Jun 15, 2021 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
It was ok, but I think I am not fun of this kind of drama. Maybe because I wouldn't act like Sayu at all.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 15, 2021 6:40 PM
May 2021
luinthoron said:
AnimeSSonic said:

Why? That wasn't the reason she ran away. She ran away because of her mom's insensitivity - which was presented rather hastily. It doesn't fit into the narrative. She was sad by her friends death, not traumatized. She ran away from home on impulse, not because of anything to do with her dead friend. Visit her grave to make peace. That's what everyone else does. Give her a flower while you're at is.

She was traumatized enough by her death to not go to school again and just withdraw into her room. Yes, she ran away because of her mother, but what her mother accused her of was exactly her friend's death. To be able to make up with the mother she first had to come to terms with the underlying trauma from her friend's suicide. There's no getting over her mother's accusations while even she still can't forgive herself.

Really? She locked herself up in the room because reporters were screaming outside. She casually walked down to her mom after that. It didn't look like she was traumatized. Also, she should have already been interrogated by the police about the suicide so her mother shouldn't accuse her in the first place. And if she is traumatized, they should take her to a therapist. How is melodrama with Yoshida suppose to help? They are trying too hard to ship those two.
Jun 15, 2021 7:59 PM

May 2020
For all the people that said that the last couple episodes felt rushed and unnatural, I think that this episode did a lot to help fix that. Obviously it didn't add some new twist that made us see Sayu in a new light. But it just made her character feel more real and fleshed out, I think.

Also loved the scene where they left the school and Yoshida asked her if she was alright, and she responded, "Not at all...But I'm going to face it." That so well encapsulates how real personal growth works.

And yeah, fuck her mom. All my homies hate Sayu's mom.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jun 15, 2021 9:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hokkaido. A lot of things got passed by very fast. But, damn, for sure the whole plot is really predictable. I can't help but felt nothing with Sayu at this point. Cause everything really too easy to understand how its proceeding. Obviously she went to those rooftop and felt more trauma over that, and then obviously its fuckin Yoshida whose be the one to get the fuckin Sayu back to earth and, well, i think like it or not, it will be the only route available to overcome every trauma she got there. So... at least the cafe talks were nice. I got to see more of Sayu background at those countryside. Which means? Its literally just sad. But, you must tough it out, girl!

Then here it come, the Mother. Idk why but feels exciting with how she respond later, and somehow hearing such a noice drumbeats whenever those her steps coming. How nice! Then, guess what the true? Its really the same as i hope! Ofc she would slapping her. That's good. Her character still intacted like i assume before. Beat her more, mom! Though, thats what i want. However, as easy as this episode progressed. I don't think the Mother will be more harsher than that. Cause, y'know, everything will comes to an end, and its not good to giving such a bad impression near the end, right, Mom?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 15, 2021 9:48 PM

May 2021
Maybe one of the best episodes of this anime yet, but the bar is so low that it shouldnt be surprising. The emotional distress of Sayu could be felt through the screen by correctly timing the scene, the dialogue wasnt as absurd or plastic as it is normally, it felt like a normal conversation between a guy that is hopeless about how to help another person and a girl that is being overly dramatic about something. The climax of it wasnt that good though.

The slap at the end of the mother was kinda predictable, but it is maybe the most realistic reaction that the mother like that could have, so it is a good point too.

If the whole series had this kind of interactions instead of plastic nonsense this would be a 3 instead of a 1

Jun 15, 2021 9:57 PM
May 2021
Aversa said:
Well at least Sayu is coming to terms with the things that happened.
The question now is how wil things go with her mother, the slap made it clear she is angry but it that's to be expected.
It's just wil she accept the return of her daughter or not and what will she do now that her daughter is back this could get nasty.
Hopefully it won't tho.

Also Sayu's brother is obsessed with Lexus.

lets not forget Toyota is the biggest brand worldwide. Lexus is also popular in Japan kinda like how Mercedes is for the western world.
Jun 15, 2021 10:02 PM

May 2016
Great episode, the staff did a great job on this, it can go really wrong if not handled well and sound to cliché. well done.

s
FMmatron said:
That 👋🏻 was the best shit from the last couple of episodes
She really deserved it.
Jun 15, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
is that the slap of a b*t*h villain mom or a slap of a worried mom? lolz
4/5.
matias067Jun 16, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 15, 2021 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Sadly after the promise of the original episodes, we now have the standard romantic school series, with very little to reccomend it left. The start had mature people doing interesting things but i never really hoped the director would be strong enough to maintain that and or the author ..not sure who is at fault.

the only really interesting female character was his boss and she had real strength, and an interesting nature, but she has vanished i tend to think never to return.

As for Sayo, sorry for her but the story just does not fulfill its promise. sorry to say.

Jun 16, 2021 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
This series had a great start and I wasn't sure how the latter part of the show would turn out, but it's really good. It's almost lopsided in that we had the most dramatic and upsetting part of the show at the beginning, when Sayu was sleeping around just for a place to stay. That is pretty bad and it makes most of what has happened since pale in comparison (although that idiot from the conbini trying to rape her was pretty bad).

As we go through the series Sayu is slowly building up her confidence and with Yoshida by her side, I'm fairly confident she can deal with her bitch of a mother. I thought she might get a desperate hug, not a full on slap in the face. I bet her mum will say "do you know how this made me look...did you even think of me", not once asking how her daughter is or what happened to her. It's clear she hates her daughter.

I think we saw Yoshida start to really fall for Sayu in this episode when she was standing defiantly in the moonlight. Gotou could see this coming and knew what would happen when someone tried to take Sayu away, it would only strengthen the bond between Sayu and Yoshida. It wasn't love when Gotou initially asked him, but it could be now.

Each week i have to wait until I'm in the right place to watch each new episode. Personally i think this is some of the most mature writing I've seen in my seasonal anime watching. Yoshida is a guy with a conscience and this isn't some 'romantic school series' as some people have commented. At every point Yoshida has tried to do the right thing by Sayu, even when it's turned his life upside down. He could be in a relationship with Gotou now if it weren't for Sayu, but he doesn't assign blame to Sayu for meeting her and deciding to help her. He was so conflicted and felt so obligated to work and his colleagues that they had to lean on him hard to get him to go with Sayu back home, which is clearly what he wanted.

And in terms of romance, Sayu is 17 and over the age of consent, although strangely she can't move out of home (here in the UK you can get married and move out when you're 16 iirc), and the age difference between Yoshida and Sayu isn't that big, 9 years. It's more the societal perception of something being taboo (office worker and high school girl, but imagine she quit high school and was working, then i expect people wouldn't have as much to say) rather than it being an issue imho.
23feanorJun 16, 2021 3:47 AM
Jun 16, 2021 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
rektatron said:
Aversa said:
Well at least Sayu is coming to terms with the things that happened.
The question now is how wil things go with her mother, the slap made it clear she is angry but it that's to be expected.
It's just wil she accept the return of her daughter or not and what will she do now that her daughter is back this could get nasty.
Hopefully it won't tho.

Also Sayu's brother is obsessed with Lexus.

lets not forget Toyota is the biggest brand worldwide. Lexus is also popular in Japan kinda like how Mercedes is for the western world.
Well Lexus is Toyota, it's their luxury brand and it makes sense for a Japanese person to drive one but with Sayu's brother it just stands out.
His staff drives Lexus and all the cars he has driven in are Lexus.

The from a realistic point of view Yoshida's coworker was driving a Toyota so the studio behind the anime most likely payed copyrights to Toyota to feature their cars in the anime.
Jun 16, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 2016
ironcross30 said:
Kcjpunk_01 said:

lol true af I haven't watch the episode I only read the comment but gonna watch this episode only the slap part haha this show got bored after 4th episode so i dropped this I mean Sayu's mom practically raised her while that asshole dad abaddon her when she was pregent yet all the sayu fags practically want sayu mom dead just because she said one wrong thing lol . this shows how brain deaded most of them are
Kcjpunk_01 said:

lol true af I haven't watch the episode I only read the comment but gonna watch this episode only the slap part haha this show got bored after 4th episode so i dropped this I mean Sayu's mom practically raised her while that asshole dad abaddon her when she was pregent yet all the sayu fags practically want sayu mom dead just because she said one wrong thing lol . this shows how brain deaded most of them are

Yet she refuse to abort the baby, that piece of shit should be responsible for decision, not running away from that responsibility! Why you gave birth to a child anyway if you ends up abusing them?!

if she abort her we would get this anime 😂
Jun 16, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Be strong, Sayu.

Sayu got slapped by her mom in the face super strong! But it's only natural, her mother was probably so worried at what might had happened to Sayu so she got mad and slapped her. I hope her mom really does care for Sayu though!

I felt embarrassed when I saw Yoshida walk inside Sayu's mom's house. I wonder what Sayu's mom will talk about in the next episode!
Jun 16, 2021 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Mom of the year award
Jun 16, 2021 8:43 PM
Dec 2018
Gab5 said:
All that business on the roof, was that really necessary, is she still that traumatised

Well, Sayu overcame in one night all trauma from blackmailing and attempted rape from one of the men that used her for sex after being shown visibly shaking from fear and whatnot, so it seems safe to assume that the friend suicide trauma is now gone for good from this story too.

And the whole rooftop thing was probably as necessary as Sayu wearing the school uniform while traveling 🙄
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jun 17, 2021 1:17 AM

May 2019
Yes, this show somehow become even worse. The overall dramatic scene on the roof felt rather forced than earned. Sayu's brother is also terrible person by bringing back Sayu to her home knowing how bad the relationship between mum and Sayu lol. The slap is kinda expected from terrible mother too. I also wondering why coming to the school roof top is a good idea knowing you just have your friend suicide there. And there is no intrusion from Yoshida either as an adult to handle Sayu's trauma. Suicide is a very heavy subject and can't be handled lightly. Everything is just felt flat. Sayu's brother is absolutely the worst kind of brother ever. He is rich but look how he handle his own family situation especially on things that hapenning to her sister.

Jun 17, 2021 3:53 AM
Dec 2018
skysurf said:
Gab5 said:
All that business on the roof, was that really necessary, is she still that traumatised

Well, Sayu overcame in one night all trauma from blackmailing and attempted rape from one of the men that used her for sex after being shown visibly shaking from fear and whatnot, so it seems safe to assume that the friend suicide trauma is now gone for good from this story too.

And the whole rooftop thing was probably as necessary as Sayu wearing the school uniform while traveling 🙄

Yes, she seems to go through stages of ptsd, from severely traumatised to not at all and back again. The whole school uniform thing is just weird. I doubt wearing that is going to help.
Jun 17, 2021 9:47 AM
Oct 2009
Cringe and boredom. I know it has to be overly dramatic and all but there's really no need to break into the school to look at the rooftop, just wait a little bit like a normal person and go during the day.

I nearly laughed out loud when the happy ending music overlapped the slap xD I'm worried that the show will try to force its way into redeeming the mom character and pretend she secretly cared all along or something. That'd be another nail in the coffin lol. Also tfw the mom villain has a more interesting tragic backstory than the main heroine...
Jun 17, 2021 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
Sayu deserved that slap for being a dumbass, trading her body to random d-heads. She could've get herself killed! Unlucky, but at the same time very lucky in some regard.
Jun 17, 2021 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
I can't believe there are people saying that the slap was justified because she ran away... Oh, sure, how can a teen who's been verbally abused and gaslighted after the tragic death of her only friend, DARE to run away from her abuser?
Jun 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2017
i'm actually very bored of this, i'm only watching cause 2 episodes are left
no remorse holds no recourse
now i'm leaving slowly
oh won't you hold me?
Jun 20, 2021 1:20 PM

Oct 2020
My god that slap at the end had me seething with rage. You see your daughter after six months of having run away, and that's your first reaction? I hate how this reminded me of how often these things happen in real life too.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 21, 2021 12:34 AM
May 2020
the mum must be the biggest twat. bro first thing she does is whack her own daughter. flipping hell
Jun 21, 2021 3:33 AM

Feb 2019
That slap caught me by surprised. I'm really angry at that.
Jun 21, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2015
That bitchslap saved this episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 21, 2021 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
the animation the animation the animation the animation the animation

people talking like the animation is so bad that they can't even watch the episode lol

fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 21, 2021 12:57 PM

Oct 2020
This was such a great episode, I loved seeing Sayu face her problems straight on. That's tough to do and it was amazing seeing Yoshida support her through this tough time, I'd expect nothing less from him.
Jun 21, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2017
The plot is interesting, both characters as they were portrayed in the beginning satisfies me.

However as someone else said, the mid/end feels rushed. I guess there's no helping when you have to cut so much to fit everything in a dozen of episodes.

But it's ok, what is missing I imagine it faithfully according to what the characters showed so far, and I know it's all way better described in the light novel so I don't feel like this story is fake(I'm not sure that's the proper word, I hope you got what I meant).

I just can't wait for the last episode, it better be fulfilling <3
teisseireJun 21, 2021 2:39 PM
Jun 22, 2021 3:37 AM
Apr 2015
UkRs said:

not to sound like an asshole.. but Sayu was being waaay more melodramatic.. and i was cringing like hell in later half..
i love sayu mother for slapping the shit outta her.. she deserved this more before running away..
remember kids.. Sayu's mother did NOT disowned her.. Sayu freaking ran away.. and running away is the worst thing a teenager girl can do.. and Sayu's mother already knows that Sayu destroyed any chance of getting a normal life after sleeping with a ton of randos..
i agree with you on this one XD
Jun 22, 2021 4:53 AM

Oct 2020
Now that was funny. I have a terrible sense of humour please don't mind me.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2021 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
That ending, damn!
I get why her mom is mad but she's the bad person here lol
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 25, 2021 2:35 AM
Sep 2020
Least funny episode...Nothing dumb happened...It all kinda made sense considering how dumb the previous ones were...But the end made me laugh a lot
Jun 27, 2021 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
What a bitch, the ending should have been them walking right back out that door. Worthless mother.
Jun 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
This episode really highlighted to me how young Sayu is, recontextualizing the earlier episodes and her backstory to a small degree. Some teens are aged well beyond their years. Sayu is not. Feels like a child.

Anyway her mom is still a cunt who knew

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 29, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 2019
Really? Nobody is commenting about the moon? Must have been a long way from school to her home...
Jul 9, 2021 9:52 AM

Mar 2020
Not gonna lie. That ending was funny af.
"The best defence is a good offence" - Kiyoshi Fujino (Prison School EP 11)
Jul 21, 2021 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Well, now rooftop is with the fence.. It was probably installed after Yuuko's death..
Jul 31, 2021 6:44 AM
Nov 2020
Man that bitch slap caught in 4K HD hurted me too
Aug 16, 2021 6:32 AM

Jun 2020
Sayu is finally coming back home to Hokkaido, Damn Sayu can still feel the vibe from her past with Yuuko

For now, Sayu wanted to visit her school again maybe for the last time who knows, That hit hard the scene was just traumatizing for Sayu glad that Yoshida was with her all the time even coming to Hokkaido with her

Damn now it's time to meet her mother coming home from a long journey I wonder how her mo- I knew it a warm welcome indeed in the face.
Aug 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
Props to Sayu for overcoming the trauma of Yuuko's suicide and also to Yoshida for helping her. Damn that end scene, the mother truly is a piece of shit if she thought she had the right to slap poor Sayu whom she pushed away in the first place.

Sep 20, 2021 8:33 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh man, I like him as a MC mostly but sometimes he is sooo stupid and dense. Like yeah I get he's trying to fight against his feelings but like she's trying to get him to go with her to the school AFTER he's already FLOWN with her to her family's house and he's like "Huh?!? Me?!?!" Surprised Pikachu face 😱. Yeah you moron. Man I wish he'd smarten up. Also after his best friend gave him that speech about being TRUE to your feelings wtf moron? He's gotten like 2-3 pep talks and doesn't change.
Oct 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2019
Yeah, idk if an ending theme has ever felt more inappropriate. This anime has great moments... and then moments like that.

I will say though, I'm glad Sayu acknowledged that she's still not okay, and that that's a part of healing.
Dec 25, 2021 1:39 PM

Jul 2020
Like Bilardo once said: A LA MADRE PISALA
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Jan 15, 2022 2:36 PM
Jan 2016
Oh yes our bland MC becomes a therapist who helps sayu move on from her trauma by telling her some wise words.
Mar 28, 2022 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Not really liking the show anymore.

Can we get a School Days kind of ending? Something shocking?

Haha, ending theme after the slap!
May 25, 2022 7:26 AM
Sep 2021
Decent episode and we sayu trying to face her past in this episode, looking forward to how things turn out.

I give this episode 6/10.
Oct 8, 2022 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
Was that slap REALLY important? Or are you just being a bish?
Jan 29, 2023 7:38 AM
Oct 2017
Some people don't change
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

304 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

176 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

244 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

186 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.