Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 27, 2018 12:22 AM

May 2018
Bad episode. Annie's eps was way better. 2/5

Feb 9, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2016
The despair from hearing about Eren's supposed death made her dream up a surreal recap of the events that had occurred right until that point. It's chock full of symbolism about the mysterious power inside of her and the conflicts she has to deal with.

Eren's still alive and he can turn into a giant steamy muscle, don't worry~

Feb 16, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
the old ending song, gives me major nostalgia. glad to hear it again, even for just an ova.
Mar 2, 2019 7:14 AM
Apr 2018
Meh, I was quite excited for this special but I didn't like it as much considering Mikasa is my favourite character: The first few minutes were a pain because it seemed like a recap, although the story improved after that. The mirror man scene was a mess for me.

Well, it seems Eren will die at the end. Mikasa is doomed to be unhappy... :(
Mar 26, 2019 11:35 AM
May 2014
oh? is mikasa
too?
"ya know what.... maybe HxH is fine staying exactly as it is in stasis. maybe we don't always need an ending" —manDboogie
Mar 31, 2019 10:34 PM

Sep 2018
I love how strong girls in AOT! OP!! <3
Jun 4, 2019 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
After great first two eps this one was rather disappointing imo.
Aug 20, 2019 1:47 PM

Aug 2017
Well, we know more about Mikasa being protective to Eren.

This "what if" scenario was well done.

Pretty average OVA. 5/10 for the OVA.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this episode of Mikasa.

Dec 16, 2019 8:33 AM

Oct 2015
This was not as hard-hitting as Annie's first two stories. All we got was Mikasa's fantasy about how she cannot prevent Eren's fate, but can only be by his side. I thought we would have some sort of development from her side, break away from being just Eren's sidekick. Instead we got a story that was about her elevating Eren as always, boring!

I will give this story a 1/5 from me. And the rest of the bundle 7/10 because of how great Annie's previous story.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 23, 2020 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed Annie's story but Mikasa's story was ... alright.
More Annie development is always welcome, especially if it's done this well.
Feb 11, 2020 10:45 PM
Apr 2019
so is Mikasa really going to die?
or Eren?
Mikasa said no matter which world she finds in Eren's death is inevitable.....

was it a 13- years curse reference?
or Eren is actually going to be killed?

What's your theory?
Apr 22, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2020
Shingeki no Kyojin: Borefest.

this shit was lost for a reason
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 3, 2020 9:01 PM

Apr 2020
In the first season, Mikasa pulls back Eren before he picks up fight with the man who mocks scout regiment. In OVA he is seen to be beaten up.
OVA wasn't bad
Jun 9, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2019
So basically there could be umpteen alternate realities and that doesn't change the fact that Eren will eventually die and Mikasa wont be any wiser to save him..

The 3rd one was a weird episode..but nevertheless a decent Ova overall..

7/10

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Aug 26, 2020 7:56 PM

Feb 2019
I guess Mikasa just meets the author aka God himself lol
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 31, 2020 1:05 PM
Jul 2020
I have watched every single episode, OVA, special in the AOT franchise atleast twice (excluding the recap movies) and loved them so much.

Watching Lost Girls gave me an unknown passion towards Annie Leonhart, which I really appreciate. My dark humor really enjoyed it.

However, episode three was not it in IMO.
The concepts okayy, I just didn't like it.

If this is how stuff actually went down then Eren would've been dead before Episdoe 1.
Sum Booly would've beat him up or he would have done something stupid.
Eren without Mikasa around him 24/7 is a super wimp..
Aug 31, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2020
Beastbane said:
Bad episode. Annie's eps was way better. 2/5

Completely agree with you.
Aug 31, 2020 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
this was confusing... it's been a while since i've seen snk but that relationship between mikasa and eren developed in this ep never happened right? do we ever see why she's so obsessed with him?

i liked the annie episodes but this seems a bit.. filler-y? i can't tell what to take away from it regarding eren/mikasa's relationship lol so i'll go 7/10
Dec 1, 2020 4:46 AM
Oct 2019
Holy shit... An interesting what if story a.k.a Mikasa Dream..

But one thing is the music from Hiroyuki Sawano was so Amazing!!! 🔥

Less than one week from now, Attack on Titan The Final Season will premiere...
I'm so excited
Dec 15, 2020 9:28 AM

Sep 2011
Nice OVA. The truth is that nothing can stop Eren from get out of the Wall, this is his dream.

If Eren die at the end of his journey, what will Mikasa do?
Dec 16, 2020 11:24 AM
Nov 2019
I really liked the first 2 episodes and I think they added a lot to Annie’s character but I didn’t like this one as much. It just made Mikasa seem even more obsessed with Eren when I feel like it could’ve developed her personality a bit more beyond this obsession. It was still good though.

Dec 28, 2020 3:38 AM

Aug 2018
This was an interesting episode to see, however it wouldve been nice if they didn't reused same animation we all seen before.

Jan 27, 2021 10:39 AM
Feb 11, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
This ended up being a fascinating glimpse into how Mikasa's mind works. Indeed, it's been a recurring theme that Eren seems to always slip out of her reach and that one day she won't be able to stay by his side. Even as she tried to thwart everything bad that happened in her life (i.e. the sealed wall), the one thing she can never overcome is the reality that Eren is always going to keep moving forward.

Between this & Annie's side story, Lost Girls ended up being a nice trip down memory lane as I look back on earlier moments in Attack on Titan & reminisce.

7.5/10
Feb 25, 2021 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
So uhhhh ... anyone else thinking of the possibility that there's more and more evidence that there could be some type of time loop in AoT? Jesus I hadn't watched this OVA when it came out but now with S4 ongoing I think this episode just supports that idea even further.
Mar 4, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
This fits chapter 138 too well... And the alternative universe. Mikasa's head hurting and wolves changing their mind to kill them. The talk with that guy... Past headaches.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2021 11:09 PM

Apr 2020
I've watched this back on December 1, 2020. At the time, I was fucking enjoying the series and it prompt me to watch the OVA's, including this one. Not gonna lie, I like this OVA set more than No Regrets, because it built on Annie's character and develop it a bit more before her eventual demise in the first season. But unfortunately, Mikasa did not add anything in this, and only made her character look a bit worse.

But what got me to post my thoughts now on March 10, 2021 of all days is that this specific episode really hinted that Eren WILL die. And goddamn after noticing the foreshadowing and red flags that have been looming ever since the reveal in the basement, this made fucking sense now. Let this remind you that all this time, this episode is giving Mikasa the possibilities on Eren's inevitable death, and even though it didn't present in a way I would've liken to, it was a nice warning to Mikasa and all of us of what Eren and his actions will result on the later chapters of the Attack on Titan.
Mar 19, 2021 5:29 PM

Jul 2019
The first time i watched this ova i didn't really think much of it and it felt pretty out of place tbh. Decided to rewatch it after 138 and yeah.... it really hit different, everything makes sense now.
Apr 14, 2021 2:51 AM
Jul 2013
Seriously, mikasa's devotion/obsession towards eren is annoying to me. They don't even have a deep history or they grow up together since birth or anything like that. If it's romantic love she feels for him or love at first sight, i can somehow understand her feelings but that's also not the case. It's juz blind devotion/obsession and i only find it creepy and unhealthy.
Jun 14, 2021 9:05 PM
Nov 2017
Shadzzo said:
This fits chapter 138 too well... And the alternative universe. Mikasa's head hurting and wolves changing their mind to kill them. The talk with that guy... Past headaches.
exactly my thoughts. Watching it again hits differently now.
Jun 27, 2021 2:37 PM
Mar 2021
Guys do you know the name of the music at 8 min pls ? I can't find it 😭
Nov 1, 2021 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
After reading chapter 138, this hits you like a train of feels.
Nov 6, 2021 11:47 PM

Jun 2020
This is a refreshing new scene for Mikasa and I'm not gonna lie it's kind of nice to see them in a slice of life setting without all the madness this world has and think about how it would happen if these things were to come true, Also I would love to see them more like this too bad this isn't the real world.
Nov 29, 2021 11:21 PM
Sep 2020
Lol, This is the biggest clue of AoT world and even also about how this story would end.

Good thing i rewatched it after completing manga.
Nov 29, 2021 11:21 PM
Sep 2020
Lol, This is the biggest clue of AoT world and even also about how this story would end.

Good thing i rewatched it after completing manga.
Nov 29, 2021 11:24 PM
Sep 2020
Nostalgik said:
So uhhhh ... anyone else thinking of the possibility that there's more and more evidence that there could be some type of time loop in AoT? Jesus I hadn't watched this OVA when it came out but now with S4 ongoing I think this episode just supports that idea even further.

You'll get it after AoT Ends... We got it after its manga ended xD

It's an amazing story
Dec 30, 2021 6:38 AM

Jul 2021
man what a ride, a very emotional ova for me. it was refreshing to hear the season 1 ed 1 again.

this is basically just a "what if" scenario that mikasa had created in her head. a world of her own, in which everything she wants happens. in this world the person knocking the door is dr. jaeger himself and not those thugs. mikasa meets eren normally. eren tells mikasa about his dream of seeing the world outside the walls.

must protecc smol mikaksa

they keep meeting everytime dr jaeger visits mikasa's parents. mikasa has already fallen in love with eren in this world too. its heartbreaking to see mikasa when she's watching eren go back to his home, we can only imagine that feeling of missing someone and lonliness, plus there wasn't any means of communication back then too maybe except letters. they perfectly portrayed the lonliness mikasa felt after eren went back home. made me tear up a bit.

after that hypnosis man incident, mikasa finally realised that no one can stop eren from going forward and his death is inevitable too. now all mikasa wishes for his to be with him until the very end. she believes in him that he will be able to eradicate every titan out there and retake wall maria back.

this ova was definitelt better than first 2 ones, this ova alone made my score go up. very nice.

i can now start season 3 part 2. excited

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
Kyojin.
Eren and co.
Dat flashback.
Dat stab.
Eren. He's 9.
Dem dogs.
Moses.
Air balloon.
Dat grab.
Dat murder.
Eren died.
Dat ending.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 11, 2022 3:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wtf this episode actually spoil the end of the story xd. Fuck the alternate story, man, really jumbling my head. But at least when they talk how to make a baby, Eren answer actually true. 'Huge bird carries baby and put it in the mom'. Whoever thought this script, you are freakin based.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 2022 10:47 PM

Dec 2020
woaah that was interesting. kind of like a "what if" episode. "what if eren and his dad arrived before the 3 men" wasn't really .. Needed or necessary i guess but still enjoyed it. i wonder why the scouts got disbanded? i get that there might've been a butterfly effect but im interested to see what Exactly led up to that.
Jan 30, 2022 2:13 AM

Dec 2009
Damn, that was bad in the end... 3/10.
An awkward poor attempt at a reimagining of Mikasa's past connected with the point of Eren's "death" in the beginning of the story.

Annie's visual novel adaption story was better, but overall both of these are bad from this writer Seko. 4/10.
Mar 1, 2022 11:21 AM
Feb 2022
It is good but ay dont like jojo in general to weird of show to me and ay have seen weird shit
Mar 11, 2022 10:34 AM
May 2012
Should have been longer... way too rushed. Annie's was better.
Jun 26, 2022 10:03 PM

Jul 2019
I waited years upon years for an English dub release of these OVA's and now they're here. Dub was peak as usual.
Jul 15, 2022 6:36 PM
Dec 2020
Trash episode dedicated to a trash character.
Nov 23, 2022 10:14 AM
Nov 2022
Just Mikasa's daydream, nothing more, nothing less
Mar 18, 2023 2:37 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm actually a bit surprised why this wasn't included somewhere in the main series, perhaps somewhere in season 2. It does work better separate from it all to not inhibit the pacing, but honestly I wouldn't have minded at all if this were one of the actual episodes. Idk what's anime-original or not, but if this was fully original, hats off to wit studio man. This episode carried some significant weight to it. 

I really appreciate these lost girl ovas. I think we always needed more of a focus on both Annie and Mikasa, and here we are given that; especially Mikasa with this episode, who knows of where Eren's fate lies, but desires to be by his side until the end nonetheless. Also just realized that these were released AFTER season 2, not 1. Anyway, a good watch. Not required by any means, but what they add does indeed flesh these two characters out a little more. I'll give these 3 episodes an overall rating of a low-ish 7/10. Now onto continuing my re-watching of this series, resuming with season 2.

7.2/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 29, 2023 8:08 AM

Sep 2019
Ok Mikasa, let's start the trip. It seems I'm not the only one who feels this character is being overlooked.
Oh little Mikasa, I like her.
Oh No, don't make me watch that scene again.
What? Mikasa has super power? Ok now I understand why she fights so well.
This ep is more interesting than I thought.
If they had developed Mikasa like this in the first place, we wouldn't have found her so weird.
Oh a parallel reality. Oh my gosh this is what we all want, the painful ending erased. Mikasa doesn't have to go through that. I'm really wanting to like this character that way.
Oh, I'm crying again.
Episode #??? i need to add more similar eps like #????, #???????? for Marco, Petra, other interesting characters.
Shut up Eren. This Eren should be another Eren.
I don't understand what Eren's father did to his son to let him think like that.
C'mon man, Eren is still Eren, but this is another Mikasa with super power to erase all cruelty, why doesn't she have fun with more friends?
Eren is much smarter than Armin. He went to see Mikasa alone for a long time.
Look at Eren going camping with Mikasa. Somehow he still daydreams about the "outside world" when everything around is so beautiful, mountains, trees, green meadows. Or did he call it "fake peace?"
That thought is the extreme thought.
I love this Mikasa. Oh god show me Mikasa like this because this is Mikasa who will confess her feelings to Eren/or the heartbroken Mikasa who will always be annoyed and act cool in any situation. These two people should be completely separated, so that the viewer can connect specifically with the character.
I think Eren should go work as a weather reporter, so he can go to all the places he wants.
I want to protect this Mikasa. Please put this Mikasa in my pocket.
I object to Eren's opinion. Please Eren get out of the wall and live. Many times we are too tired and just want to go home, hug our little puppy, hug our loved ones, that is true happiness.
I know Eren's opinion metaphorically for the problems of the present world. But this is a shounen anime, not too confusing. But maybe Eren hasn't lived in other people's shoes yet, he's just a kid. If I were him, I might be thinking the same thing.
Ok Mikasa Ghibli mode I love it.
Lol it's funny to see the consequences of Eren messing with other people and not having Savage Mikasa
Why do I feel that the ending is not so good? Let's hope.
C'mon kind Mikasa's life isn't that boring. They made this ep as if without that murder Mikasa would have lived a boring, sad, lonely life? It's too much.
Give the good Mikasa some other friends. Is she normal person?
No more Survey corps? Oh my gosh So funny! Where's Levi, Hanji? Are those people also affected by the butterfly effect so they don't exist?
Going by hot air balloon? Is this a parody ep? And Mikasa no longer pays attention to her mother and infant brother, running after Eren just because there is no playmate?
Oh please, wtf Who is this madman?
Too absurd. Mikasa has a family, she doesn't have to rush after Eren like that.
Ok so everything is fake, the Mikasa we know is the lost Mikasa.
She created this world herself in a single moment? And this is not a hypothetical ep, but part of Mikasa's fantasy? Damn.
This episode is too successful to show us the complexity of the pain that Mikasa went through. I mistakenly thought this was an fan service for another Mikasa.
We can't imagine another Mikasa. Because there is only one Mikasa. And we have to accept her.
Thanks to this ep, I will accept Mikasa.
Wtf okay you fooled me anyway, unmask that guy Mikasa.
Ok I see, but if so then what Mikasa goes through in this ep is at odds with her willingness to fight the titan.
Thanks for this ep, I'm more comfortable with Mikasa.
So where's Eren and the hot air balloon?
dakuchonekobingMar 29, 2023 8:12 AM
Apr 30, 2023 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Ah, that's why this is also part of the "lost girls" OVA. That's an interesting alternate reality Mikasa created. It's true, though, you can hide in the ideal imaginary world, but reality will always pull you back. The best thing you can do is accept the new reality, fight on, or commit suicide and save yourself the trouble. It's the best option, but difficult to do, IMO. lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eucliwoodesu - Apr 11, 2018

84 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tsarko - Dec 16, 2017

103 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 8:02 PM

» Where can I watch this?

Cypress- - Dec 11, 2017

29 by Cypress- »»
Apr 12, 2022 5:12 PM

» 1 chapter not animated?

vong10 - Aug 13, 2018

1 by Apelix »»
Jun 7, 2019 7:09 AM

» Any news on the Mikasa OVA?

Akie - Aug 9, 2018

9 by Akie »»
Aug 13, 2018 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.