Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Ahh yea and it was kinda boring was expecting a lot from the last episode at this point I don't even know what rating should I give to this anime.
Apr 19, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
Decent anime 8/10 for me

Apr 19, 2020 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
Not a bad show of its genre; WAY better than Mirai Nikki, imho. I definitely prefer how the characters formed bonds with each other instead of 'LET'S JUST MURDER EVERYONE LOL'. It gives the show some warmth and light instead of making it feel like a spiraling vortex of death and darkness. xD

...although there was plenty of that too.

The characters themselves aren't terribly engaging...but Kaname's turn to cold and merciless badass was indeed cool.

Because we WANTED Wang the wang to f*cking die like he deserved...it was satisfying.

I do agree (even as a shipper of everything) that Kaname and Shuka's romance was pretty forced. I wish they had written that better. I liked Shuka herself though...there was something so intimidating about her cute voice saying horrible things while grinning happily. What a psycho. xD

Also, did you catch it?

Everyone in the clan is wearing black at the end because they're ravens. Cute. xD
ChiibiApr 19, 2020 9:15 PM

Apr 19, 2020 9:45 PM

Mar 2010
You know when its enjoyable but still mediocre overall? Idk its a mixed feeling. There are for certain anime's that I dropped that made more sense than this one but I didnt fell that I needed to push myself to finish It y'know?

Overall 5/10 is a Fair score imo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2020 7:13 PM
Sep 2019
It was an enjoyable show. The game itself and the mystery that was built up are intriguing, I'm hoping for a season 2.

8/10
Apr 24, 2020 7:59 PM
Sep 2019
-MEHMET- said:
Well, it was a trash show but at least not as bad as Mirai Nikki.

What the hell??
Mirai Nikki was very enjoyable.
Yuno x Yuki for life.
Mirai Nikki blows this out of the water
Apr 29, 2020 2:30 AM

Oct 2013
I like when a good character turns dark but still has a little bit of decency in them, took 9 episodes to get me in the mood. Love the mobster vibes kinda badass, and i'd like to see the Sunset Ravens grow into a bigger organization.

This series has a lot of potentials, i'm looking forward for a 2nd seasn.

Overall score 8/10, also Xuelan is a waifu material
May 3, 2020 3:09 AM
Apr 2020
Over all it was good and right to the point, i liked shukas character a lot and im considering reading the manga!
Idk what everyone is complaining about..
May 18, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
It was an okay show. I was expecting something like Btooom! I personally like survival shows which are psychological thrillers with some logic but I felt this one wasn't one of those. The story was a letdown and so were the characters. But I kind of like the last episode when Kaname got serious about killing. Had this change occurred after the first few episodes then this show could've been enjoyable for me.
May 29, 2020 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
Well, I didn't expect much in first place, then some anime fights over app game in this and that's exactly what I got, maybe, just maybe little bit more, so I am satisfy, could even watch second season. Ok by me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2020 5:47 PM
Jul 2019
Kaname is a hypocrite.
Jun 26, 2020 4:26 PM
Feb 2018
Good series may add to blu ray collection and would like a second season. As a side note maybe the psychological tag should be added beside action mystery and shounen
Jun 27, 2020 3:04 AM

Jul 2015
Decent series, felt a bit too quick with certain things such as the event happening and the plot felt a bit convenient at times but still enjoyable to watch. Especially these last two episodes where Kaname actually goes for the kill were really interesting while the rest felt bit mediocre. Definitely felt like Wang wasn't that big of a threat seeing he was totally powerless and made some dumb mistakes there, I guess he was just all brawls and no brains.

Jun 28, 2020 12:59 AM

Mar 2012
Last few episodes were so damn cringy lmao. I get his friend died, but watching Kaname turn into an edgelord super-soldier had me wanting to skip through the episode. Then that credits scene ugh. First 8 or so eps were pretty good though
Jun 29, 2020 2:00 PM
Nov 2018
The show was actually good, say it’s bad all you want🧘
Jul 2, 2020 9:02 AM
Jan 2019
I really enjoyed the show myself. But, it did feel like the pacing was much better suited for a 24 epsiode season. It felt rushed. Would've been better if it was more episodes in my opinion.
Jul 4, 2020 4:15 PM

Jan 2019
Pretty decent watch overall ,not as bad as some users have expressed in this thread and in the reviews. At times it reminded me of Btoom! and Jormungand. Wouldn't mine seeing what type of trouble the Ravens gets into for a second season. Rated it 6/10.
Jul 9, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2019
Was entertaining enough. I didn't like most of the abilities other than main blonde girl's chains.
Jul 12, 2020 3:23 PM
Jan 2017
Normally i reallly love death games. Mirrai Nikki and Magical Girl Raising Project being soem of my favorites. But Darwin's game...was a tad dissappointing. I dont know if it was just over-hyped or what, but Shuka seeme dliek a blond clone of Yuno. and some of the twists seemed a bit boring or predictable like the fact the "special privlage" was that high stakes feature. that was lame in my opinion. Plus I kinda predicted alll of the MC's friends would die which, I also never really felt anything for tehm cause we see soo lil of them.

However, as far as death game animes go It was entertaining atleast. 7/10 It coulda been bettere but toward the end it just kinda dropped in excitement and more of a join the main clan 1 char at a time.
Jul 22, 2020 3:23 AM
Mar 2012
Nearly dropped early since mc felt retarded & annoying, and quality/animation had awkward parts. But it did regain interest with strong thriller survival game full of twists.
Later on Kaname's growing clan had some weird characters yet fun chemistry, especially Rein's sigil & Shuka all round an awesome yandere.
Some of the tactical fights, mind games became quite interesting as Kaname & family improved, and kept it fresh. The ep9 car chase duel was wild & slick, while Wang's dethroning was much slower but very satisfying as the final clan battle.

Aug 28, 2020 7:38 PM
Feb 2018
Nice show a good 9/10!!
Sep 20, 2020 11:16 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
If the whole series had the same feeling as the last episode, then I would have rated it a lot higher. Shuka is now officially one of my favorite nasty female characters. I may go back and watch the warehouse part again just to sigh and go fanboy on her. Love the black dress at the end.....is it getting hot in here? LOL
Oct 6, 2020 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
dont know what to say, ive somehow finished this without realizing it, maybe it wasnt worth remembering it at all. id say the first ep was awesome, lived up to the hype. the following til the end, nope. its somehow making me remember about that anime about a bus full of antisocial people going to some abandoned village, run for the hills from this anime...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 2, 2020 5:42 AM
Apr 2016
Dumb and bad but entertaining and fun to watch, so giving it a 5. Liked how he decided to kill them at the end, a big lovely flip. I also liked the 'romance' between those two, so that's another plus of this show for me.
Jan 23, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
The moment Kaname snapped and started killing people just made me open my eyes. Seeing him go all dark and be like "let it be known this is our territory with rules otherwise die" made me want a season two. I want to know how much of him has changed.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Feb 5, 2021 5:39 PM
Nov 2018
I enjoyed watching this anime. I would love to see season 2.

8/10
May 2, 2021 9:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
For a generic MC I would give it a positive note to his development these last couple of episodes, mainly the last 2, it was kinda sad he lost the last of his 3 friends, I do feel whoever, these scenes could have been handled way better, but at least it made me care to make believable the change in perspective from the MC.

Wang deserved worst, but I have to say, part of the reason I found him soo annoying, was the shitty art design.

Florist and this dude's death were the highlights of the show to me, I will go read the manga eventually since I heard this adaptation butchered lots of chapters, not surprising.
If only this was an adaptation that strove to be more than a cheap introduction to the source material...

6.8/10=7
Jul 22, 2021 2:54 PM

Apr 2018
Forced character, weakened Wang, overpowered Shaku.
Well, it was still pretty fun to see Shaku destroy him without sweating lol.
And Sudou killing all his underlings with his cold blooded eyes.
The soundtrack was epic, truly amazing.

Overall, it was an enjoyable ride. But Sudou had a lot of plot armor imo. I guess the manga is better. Might give it a chance because this was pretty interesting.

6.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 2, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2016
gave it a 6 because protag sucked assholes. could have been an 8 if you changed everything about it.
Dec 19, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2021
Yes Kaname finally grew some balls and he’s a badass. The OST during the battle is hype he went from being a total bitch to decapitating people and throwing knives in peoples eyes. Seeing Wong begging and crawling away was satisfying as fuck. I have expected Kaname to just throw Shuka over his shoulder and walk her to the bedroom after blowing holes in Wongs face. You know they mean business with the matching outfits. Decent series overall I enjoyed the last 2 episodes more than the rest I’ll be watching S2 if or when it comes.
Dec 28, 2021 7:12 PM
May 2014
Why does this site have only 11 episodes listed when there are 12? I was gonna say what a terrible ending if they aren't going to show what happens but I realized Netflix had a 12th episode.
Dec 31, 2021 2:32 AM
May 2021
This anime was dope af 🔥🔥🔥🔥 best survival anime I have scene till now. The character development, soundtrack, action scenes just brilliant
Dec 31, 2021 2:33 AM
May 2021
Marco1379 said:
Why does this site have only 11 episodes listed when there are 12? I was gonna say what a terrible ending if they aren't going to show what happens but I realized Netflix had a 12th episode.
bro the first episode was of 48 minutes. I think Netflix divided it into 2 episodes, that's why they were showing 12 episodes lol. Actually there are 11 episodes
Jan 4, 2022 8:35 PM

May 2019
Cool, i could watch it on Netflix just by fast fowarding on my tv.

And i realized that i missed nothing. Nothing at all.
Mar 18, 2022 1:58 PM
Mar 2022
Does anyone one know if we will get a season 2 of the anime???
Apr 25, 2022 11:58 PM

Jan 2020
Overall it wasn't anything special. I feel like there was a good amount of potential, but, from the sounds of it, the anime simply moved much too fast and cut far too much content. That certainly showed, especially there at the end, sprinting through those last two episodes. With that being said, I'd be open to reading the manga. Though, I intend to wait until it's finished. I'm not trying to wait week-to-week or month-to-month on the hook with this thing.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 18, 2022 4:21 PM
Mar 2021
mmm nice very very nice
Dec 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2018
am i the only one that absolutely loved this? 9/10 for me. i loved the finale and the show in general even if the premise was really weird.
Dec 10, 2022 3:02 PM
Nov 2022
es uno de los mejores que he visto espero encontrar algo asi otra ves
Jan 5, 2023 1:39 AM

Oct 2009
Was BOG STANDARD. Doesn’t deserve a 2nd season. Nothing special. On to the next! 😎
Apr 19, 2023 5:13 PM
Apr 2023
GIVE US SEASON 2. I'm addicted!
Apr 26, 2023 4:40 PM
Apr 2023
I really liked this series and was enjoying the direction of the story then it kinda fell off a cliff. Not saying the MC was great but I was fully engaged. Now it appears like it’s all left hanging and no 2nd season in sight. I’d go back and rewatch it all thinking maybe I missed some things (good and bad) but with no 2nd season why bother. 🤷🏻‍♂️
May 22, 2023 3:49 PM
Apr 2021
Waiting for the day season 2 is announced
Sep 1, 2023 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
Darwin's Game is actually good and im surprised it wasn't how people describe it to be. Yes it needs improvement in many aspects , especially in the details, it feels stuff are rushed and there should be more buildup, and tbf im sure there is even a better High Stakes Games anime out there. But nonetheless, this was a fun watch, especially at the end scenes they play the ending song in sync of whats going on. Its a fun watch tbh

8/10. I would like a season 2
Sep 12, 2023 10:09 AM
Jul 2023
Nice story and plot
Sep 12, 2023 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
Eh, it was alright -I don't read Manga so don't care about it-
but I wished it wasn't Shuka who fought Wang or at least hoped she would die during it
I don't mind other characters but she is annoying as hell because she is just a dummy doll face like the ones you find in many harem shit anime

Anyway, I think the outro scene can be a hint for a 2nd season? although I don't know when if ever but I wouldn't mind that
Oct 5, 2023 11:15 AM
Jun 2021
The show was a fun ride but the fact that they didn't have any way to explain his plot armour in the final fight where he went 10v1 was really dumb. I was expecting it to be something to do with his privilege but instead it was literally just that all the members of Eighth forgot how to pull a trigger. Really dumb.
Jul 4, 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
It was an okay ending, I'd give S2 a shot if it was ever made.
I couldn't decide if it deserved a 7 or 6 out of ten, it's possible it would just barely scrape a 7 for me but I decided a 6 was more fair. I enjoyed it but don't think I'd revisit, there's definitely better anime out there I could be spending time on instead.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 6, 2:11 AM
Feb 2021
2nd season please
Aug 18, 2:08 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to ToG25thBaam
Perfect! It always feels amazing to see a protagonist grow from nothing to someone with commanding power over turfs. He just came into the game and he's already making himself known and feared. There are flaws all over the series but the haters can suck it for not watching this for what it is, rather than what they thought it would be.

This really reminded me of Air Gear a lot where people form groups of their own and making themselves known. There are also turf battles which is very reminiscence of that series. Coincidentally they also use "karasu"/"ravens" as part of their group name. I enjoy series like that a lot, and it's a shame there's not a lot of story like that out there.

For anyone who enjoyed Darwin's Game, I urge you to give Air Gear a chance. There's a lot of similarity between the 2 series. The Sui/Sota dynamic also reminds me of Akito/Agito a lot!

Would absolutely love a second season but heck, definitely reading the manga right now.
On a rewatch, this is still very enjoyable. The "turf battle" trope is so underrated and not utilized nearly enough in anime, the only other anime that I know that have that (not your conventional war) is Air Gear.

ToG25thBaam said:
This really reminded me of Air Gear a lot where people form groups of their own and making themselves known. There are also turf battles which is very reminiscence of that series. Coincidentally they also use "karasu"/"ravens" as part of their group name. I enjoy series like that a lot, and it's a shame there's not a lot of story like that out there.

Onto the manga.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Why no season 2?

kisaragi_eki - Dec 2, 2023

37 by CaliforniaCali2 »»
Aug 25, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

339 by ToG25thBaam »»
Aug 18, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

96 by ToG25thBaam »»
Aug 18, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

111 by Kajurte »»
Aug 3, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

83 by JVskunkape »»
Jul 4, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.