Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2021 10:08 AM
Apr 2019
I can't stop laughing man, this show hits everytime it needs to! The emotional moments were on mark, the ecchi moments are surprisingly more appealing than most oppai bounce and that magic, water saint or something, the animation was top notch! I really loved this show 👍👍
Jan 17, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
I would usually complain about a depiction of a hikikomori like that, but having seen a lot more shows than most people here and having seen far more uncomfortable examples, I found it alright (not exceedingly compelling, by any means, but quite understandable), though I would've liked if they explained his past childhood.

It's funny how people would bitch about the segment with Rudy's parents and Roxy, or just ecchi/deviant implications in general, when stuff like murder, gore, blood, racism, and other similar themes in fiction are also often flaunted around in the form of fanservice as well (Black Lagoon, Berserk, Hellsing, . Here it doesn't even feel like such, it's more so reminding that Rudy was still a perverted asshole in his past life.

Many times this episode Rudy is subjected to trauma from moments in his past life, especially during his high school days. When he did eventually get the inclination to change at the time, his now aged body just simply couldn't allow him to do so. So his new life in this world is a chance for him to start over, and very early, too.

Roxy is a very empathetic person and turns out as very influential to Rudy's character development. From the latter's monologues, I was able to better understand why someone like her being there (even if it wasn't for very long) meant a lot to him. One more note: I like the subtle moment where Roxy was gonna pat Rudy on the head, but then realized that because she's taught everything to him to the point where his magic now surpasses hers, she can no longer view or treat him as simply a child anymore.

Coupled with the continually great looking animation, the first few episodes have been quite solid so far. I'm looking forward to more.
Jan 17, 2021 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Another beautiful episode

Honestly, I'm loving this adaption.
Jan 17, 2021 10:18 AM

Nov 2019
I haven’t been this impressed by a light novel adaptation since the monogatari series. As much as I love something like re zero, I think the novel of re zero is far superior than the anime and the anime was only an above average adaptation. In this case though, I would say the anime is equal to what they adapted in the novel so far and that’s saying something because in most light novel adaptions I prefer the novel.
Jan 17, 2021 10:23 AM
Feb 2017
MegamiRem said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well after watching this episode I kinda have bad feelings about some stuff but let's hope those stuff dun happen.

So Roxy sensei is a loli demon huh, that's cute. She made friends with the villagers in such a short time and most of all I love her relationship with the protag. Like he said even if it was unintentional she did save him from his trauma which is really amazing. The farewell was pretty touching but not too emotional since it's been only two episodes. Thou I hope we get to see her again someday and Rudy gets to keep his promise of marrying her. Also lol That masterbate scene caught me offguard but that was...

For now these two preair episodes were pretty nice and I hope the actual episodes are even better in terms of visual and animation. Now gotta wait like a month for episode 3 XD.

So these were pre-aired episodes? Why were they pre-aired?
Jan 17, 2021 10:28 AM
Oct 2020
sayonara water megumin-sensei!
Jan 17, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2020
Go to horny jail literally everyone. Incredible first 2 episodes. I'm very excited for this show.
Jan 17, 2021 10:31 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Really good episode.

It's cool that Rudy has now learned everything Roxy could possibly teach him at the moment and it sucks that she has to go.

Lol'd at seeing Roxy masturbate while Rudy's parents were having sex. Seeing Rudy's previous life was interesting in my opinion, even if it treads your typical "lowlife loser who accomplished nothing in life" that we've seen countless times before.

Personally Rudy's trauma that carried over from his previous life did seem kind of silly to me at first because even though he is a child, he still has the mentality of an adult. But at the same time I guess even what some see as trivial can become significant for other people and it's hard to really fault them for being the way they are.

All in all I'm really looking forward to the next ep.
Jan 17, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
As a manga and light novel reader so far the anime adaptation is fantastic.
This episode especially did a great job in conveying Rudeuss agoraphobia and general fear of the people around him.
Jan 17, 2021 10:39 AM

Nov 2019
VP2003boi said:
Toneworks said:

Now, imagine that fat and ugly bastard stick his dick into a teenage Eris. There you have a nukige/hentai plot.

Honestly its quite convenient that the fat and ugly bastard somehow reincarnates into a good looking dude. And people argue this isn't wish fulfillment for neckbeards everywhere
You really made that account just to shit on mushoku, uh? Dont get me wrong you can criticize it, its understandble, but making an account and literally trash it in almost every forum about it is kinda weird. In my view, your type of people belong in something more like the aot fandom
I feel like he has a grudge on this series or something because he is very much going the extra mile to insult it and people who like it.
Jan 17, 2021 10:40 AM
Aug 2016
I hope picks up a little swordsmanship, would be sick to see a bit of that and magic
Jan 17, 2021 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
Simply amazing.

That scene with Roxy listening in on Rudy's parents having sex was amazing, the girl is older than we think and she also has these worldly desires.

Rudy's past life's trauma was a bit surprising, he was, as he claimed himself a hardcore otaku and seeing the way his room was , well yeah that's pretty hardcore alright. Honestly, if you see how that came to be by the bullying he received at school, I can't blame him for shutting himself in.

To think that the school trauma itself carried over into this world was pretty neat, luckily he had Roxy there to help him with that trauma, even though she doesn't know that Rudy has that trauma, other than him being "scared".

So Roxy already said goodbye again, as Rudy has managed to surpass her already and she no longer has anything to teach him. The moment she wanted to pat his head but stopped really made me sad. She knows that he's better than her at this stage. I am sure we'll see her again, but I will miss her for now.
Jan 17, 2021 11:05 AM

May 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
MegamiRem said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well after watching this episode I kinda have bad feelings about some stuff but let's hope those stuff dun happen.

So Roxy sensei is a loli demon huh, that's cute. She made friends with the villagers in such a short time and most of all I love her relationship with the protag. Like he said even if it was unintentional she did save him from his trauma which is really amazing. The farewell was pretty touching but not too emotional since it's been only two episodes. Thou I hope we get to see her again someday and Rudy gets to keep his promise of marrying her. Also lol That masterbate scene caught me offguard but that was...

For now these two preair episodes were pretty nice and I hope the actual episodes are even better in terms of visual and animation. Now gotta wait like a month for episode 3 XD.

So these were pre-aired episodes? Why were they pre-aired?

For the HYPE!

And it suceed. By this time when most people is watching this episode now with the official air release, many already heard reviews from others who watched it earlier.

For example, all anitubers did.

The pre-release aired on NicoNico only 1 time, without being available later, for the people who paid for the tickets. So it guaranteed that just a few people watched it, enough for just 1 leak that was reproduced in the seven seas. Then the inferior quality (720p) and the banner in the lower part of the video managed to keep it far from the mainstream.

But enough to increase the repercussion.

The producers was smart there.
Rob7Jan 17, 2021 11:09 AM
Jan 17, 2021 11:11 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
"In my old life I always fantasized while agonizing in my room. If I suddenly awakened to amazing powers, or if a hot girl suddenly moved in with me, I'm sure I could try hard." That's got to be one of the hardest hitting quotes I've heard in a while.

I expected this to be just another generic harem isekai with an overpowered main character except this time the twist being that he's just a kid, but it's actually a surprisingly fresh take on the clapped-out fantasy sub-genre. The pacing in these first episodes has been pretty fast, but the execution makes it justified. I've really been enjoying how we get to see memories from Rudy's past life alongside the story and how his past affects the way he acts. The whole "I've been given a new chance, so I'll try to try harder" set-up is really plausible and as a self-proclaimed grand consumer of escapism – very easy to relate to.

Jan 17, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
So much wow. They did a pretty good adaption in this episode.
I like the background music too.
I can't wait for the next episode, it is Sylphy appearance!
Jan 17, 2021 11:21 AM

Jul 2019
Wow!! What an Overwhelming episode...surpassed my expectations.
Jan 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2017
It broke my heart to see Rudy's past life trauma still haunting him, but Roxy's caring and gentle nature guided him to face his fear of the outside and I felt that on a personal level. Sometimes it's the smallest kindness that can have the most impact.

I think it's really cool how Rudy's innocence has been made believable in this anime; because he doesn't understand this new world around him he still comes across as a child despite having the mind of an adult. I've seen other Isekai with this theme fail in this aspect.
Jan 17, 2021 11:31 AM

May 2019
Uh oh, I don't think I should continue watching this. I was fine with the first episode but this has started to become too disturbing for me. The mc is a pathetic old perverted trash who uses his kid body as an excuse to do perverted things and the show presents it as "comedy".

I don't even want to mention the Roxy scene. Who tf even does such a thing on the hallway lmao what a joke and she didn't even notice Rudy.

I wish there was a warning, then I wouldn't even bother starting this. Maybe I'll give it one more chance but I don't think it'll get any better.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Aug 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
Uh oh, I don't think I should continue watching this. I was fine with the first episode but this has started to become too disturbing for me. The mc is a pathetic old perverted trash who uses his kid body as an excuse to do perverted things and the show presents it as "comedy".

I don't even want to mention the Roxy scene. Who tf even does such a thing on the hallway lmao what a joke and she didn't even notice Rudy.

I wish there was a warning, then I wouldn't even bother starting this. Maybe I'll give it one more chance but I don't think it'll get any better.

Lol this show ain't for women or low libido men.
Jan 17, 2021 11:44 AM
Jan 2019
Curious_Neko said:
Wow,it was nice.I think the Rudy will go to the city Roxy told him about.
Now,it is a question for manga and light novel reader (I don't know if it spoil or no)

Jan 17, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
lol a hikikomori bastard masturbating on a loli hentai game at home during the funeral of his parents. I dont understand how can this be called a trauma to him.
Jan 17, 2021 11:55 AM

Aug 2018
ButtSlapper said:
lol a hikikomori bastard masturbating on a loli hentai game at home during the funeral of his parents. I dont understand how can this be called a trauma to him.

Probably due to depression.
Jan 17, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2019
Opticflash said:
nanimeanswhat said:

Yeah I realised that thanks to your comment lol it's for squalid pedos who think normal people have "low libidos".
Jan 17, 2021 12:02 PM

Aug 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
Opticflash said:

Yeah I realised that thanks to your comment lol it's for squalid pedos who think normal people have "low libidos".

Depends who you're asking. Most (straight) men have higher libidos than most (straight) women. Most men would find this amusing while most women would be very uncomfortable with this. This show is also written in a (straight) man's perspective.
Jan 17, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Figured some people would take issue with this episode. Perfect light novel adaption. It really shows how scum he was. But that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch him grow.
Jan 17, 2021 12:07 PM

May 2019
Opticflash said:
nanimeanswhat said:

Depends who you're asking. Most (straight) men have higher libidos than most (straight) women. Most men would find this amusing while most women would be very uncomfortable with this. This show is also written in a (straight) man's perspective.

Well, I couldn't expect a meaningful response from someone who has 8man in his favs. Tsk... Waste of time.
Jan 17, 2021 12:09 PM

May 2013
VP2003boi said:
Ok for the people defending the ecchi, i have to disagree with you. Being realistic does not mean good, for example, there could be an anime where every episode there would be a scene of someone pooping in the bathroom. Thats realistic right? its something everybody does everyday, so that must mean its fine to show right? Obviusly not, like the random ecchi and perviness of the series, it is almost always unnecessary.
Besides that, it is actually one of my favourite light novels and by far the best isekai i have read. I very much like rudeus despite his stupid perviness.

I have to disagree. Especially about sex scenes in here. We have to remember that Japan is very different place than some middle age medieval European culture. Sex happens rarely in Japan where someone might hear it. Parents/couples usually go to love hotels rather than do it with at home because other people might hear it. Houses in Japan aren't very soundproof.

Now we got that medieval fantasy world where sex is normal thing like it used to be back here west too. Medieval families were big and there was not much privacy in houses. Sex happened and everyone know it. There wasn't anything shameful about it. It was normal thing. So why it is shown in this anime then? To show us that how different the fantasy world is compared to Japan.

Also sex scenes are important here because what kind of person Rudeus is. It will flesh him more with these kinds of scenes. I think if this were any other random anime then those sex scenes aren't very important. For me these aren't even very random ecchi and perviness but important part of the story. Usually in anime ecchi is that when MC walks in to boobs or girl falls and MC sees panties and got nose bleed. That is ecchi. In this anime I think that these sexual scenes has lot more meaning and are more realistic.
RavenWolf1Jan 17, 2021 12:18 PM
Jan 17, 2021 12:13 PM

Apr 2020
I enjoyed the student teacher dynamic. Even though it was only through 2 episodes we were able to see Rudy's progression with magic. There's been instances where OP MCs receive their training in a matter of weeks as opposed to the 2 years Rudy had.

I have to admit, I hated his real life personality but this second chance at life he has shows the growth he's been through. I wish he was less pervy though.

Jan 17, 2021 12:38 PM

Oct 2015
RiceKnight59 said:
I enjoyed the student teacher dynamic. Even though it was only through 2 episodes we were able to see Rudy's progression with magic. There's been instances where OP MCs receive their training in a matter of weeks as opposed to the 2 years Rudy had.

I have to admit, I hated his real life personality but this second chance at life he has shows the growth he's been through. I wish he was less pervy though.

sorry this is the started of his "pervy" life journey lol
Jan 17, 2021 12:56 PM

Sep 2007
Getting a glimpse of Rudy in his past life was....well a part of me feels it was TMI but I guess by seeing it I can understand where he was coming from (in terms of his trauma and fear of being outside, etc)

Still I hope they don't show "past-life Rudy" again....because I'm going to need to spend the next few hours trying to burn the image of him OUT of my memory....

Thank god his inner monologue voice is pretty awesome & amusing to listen to to the point that I won't keep associating it with what he looked like in the past....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 17, 2021 1:08 PM
Aug 2015
EvilSociopath323 said:
Also it wasn't mentioned in the anime, though you can deduce it, Roxy is of course older than she looks.

It was subtly apparent in the way she dealt with Rudy's declarations of affection.
Jan 17, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2019
RavenWolf1 said:
VP2003boi said:
Ok for the people defending the ecchi, i have to disagree with you. Being realistic does not mean good, for example, there could be an anime where every episode there would be a scene of someone pooping in the bathroom. Thats realistic right? its something everybody does everyday, so that must mean its fine to show right? Obviusly not, like the random ecchi and perviness of the series, it is almost always unnecessary.
Besides that, it is actually one of my favourite light novels and by far the best isekai i have read. I very much like rudeus despite his stupid perviness.

I have to disagree. Especially about sex scenes in here. We have to remember that Japan is very different place than some middle age medieval European culture. Sex happens rarely in Japan where someone might hear it. Parents/couples usually go to love hotels rather than do it with at home because other people might hear it. Houses in Japan aren't very soundproof.

Now we got that medieval fantasy world where sex is normal thing like it used to be back here west too. Medieval families were big and there was not much privacy in houses. Sex happened and everyone know it. There wasn't anything shameful about it. It was normal thing. So why it is shown in this anime then? To show us that how different the fantasy world is compared to Japan.

Also sex scenes are important here because what kind of person Rudeus is. It will flesh him more with these kinds of scenes. I think if this were any other random anime then those sex scenes aren't very important. For me these aren't even very random ecchi and perviness but important part of the story. Usually in anime ecchi is that when MC walks in to boobs or girl falls and MC sees panties and got nose bleed. That is ecchi. In this anime I think that these sexual scenes has lot more meaning and are more realistic.
Although i agree that mushoku does "ecchi" very much better than other anime that use the panty shots and nose bleeds like you mentioned, i still dont think its overall necessary to actively show it to the audience, as in showing over and over that this is normal in the middle ages, when they literally could have shown it one or two times and we would have already got the picture. Roxy`s little moment this episode at the beginning, for example, could literally not exist and the story would be exacly the same. I also understand that rudy is kinda of a dick, but his "bad" quirk that remains after reincarnation, especially at the beginning, is literally just that he is a pervert, so that doesnt even make him seem like an actual bad guy (after reincarnation at least) but literally just pervy kid. There is also the fact that most of the pervy scenes are trying to be comedic, sometimes they work (like the first time the mother and paul do it) and sometimes they dont work (like when rudy thinks about "roxy`s bush").
Jan 17, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
Wow I've read the manga for this up to a certain point but don't at all remember that section with the mc tied up naked and laughed at while at school. Either the manga didn't include that or I just forgot. It has been awhile since I read it admittedly. It may be LN or WN or whatever the original source is only though. It definitely helps make the mc a more sympathetic character. Regardless, 2 episodes in this has the potential to be in my Top 10 Anime of 2021 list, that's how good it is. All 3 Sundays shows I'm watching this season are great as a matter of fact. So far anyway, a good season for Sunday anime.
Jan 17, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2019
animefan8800 said:
Wow I've read the manga for this up to a certain point but don't at all remember that section with the mc tied up naked and laughed at while at school. Either the manga didn't include that or I just forgot.

Manga rushed adaptation skipped the bullying flashbacks.

Just as it skipped that he was masturbating for pedo/loli before when got expelled by his relatives.

I was introduced to MT by the manga and i liked it, but i guess the anime is doing a better job.

Jan 17, 2021 2:43 PM
Nov 2017
He
SemExpectativa said:
Roxy really is a good person, she managed to heal Rudy's trauma without even wanting to and is still loved by everyone in the village, a pity that she felt inferior in relation to Rudy.
Paul and Zenith's rivalry to know what Rudy will learn first is fun to watch.

He is a kid with the mind of an adult and good genes. Is like cheating in life. Eventually he will hit a cap but for his age anybody would feel inferior.
Jan 17, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2019
it's so shame to see such animation quality wasted in a story of a creepy adult in the body of a child, while my little spider has to comform for cgi
Jan 17, 2021 3:12 PM

Mar 2019
The Gem of the Season,.. this is pretty hilarious and entertaining indeed...

Hoping more with each episode i watch..
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 17, 2021 3:33 PM
Sep 2020
Found the masterbation scene kinda unnecessary but other then that it was good
Jan 17, 2021 3:35 PM
Feb 2018
I'm really enjoying the show but cannot tell if it as the same tone as Arifureta, Overlord, Shield hero or in another world with my smartphone, Death March to the parallel word rhapsody, how not to summon a demon lord
Jan 17, 2021 4:06 PM
Feb 2015
CrossBlack said:
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.

then why are you even here? just stop watching, nobody asked you to watch and rant
Jan 17, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
EvilSociopath323 said:
dompsterfire said:
I'm invested.

MC seems to be a UB Neet and he has his reasons. Though not a good pairing but hey, everyone loves a redemption arc. I'm kinda worried he is too op now and not much will happen later but we'll see. Honestly this would already pass as a short film/movie. Looking forward to this. I'll miss Roxy lol. It's good that he kinda lost his perverted feelings for her and looked up to her as a sensei.

btw I think the Roxy scene was necessary for the plot

He's an excellent mage but Paulo at his birthday speech was right. Mages are glass canons weak at close quarters combat. Swordsman are the true cheats in their world. Like Paulo slicing a rock in two with a wooden sword?

That's why you should always learn how to make fire swords and similar close quarter techniques

Dunno how it's handled in this series, but it's not rare to see magicians who are also fighters
Jan 17, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2020
Trauma hit like a truck.
Lively parents hit like a trainwreck.
Farewell hit like a bobby pin.
Jan 17, 2021 5:02 PM
Nov 2020
Wow, what a heavy-hitting start to the episode. Pre-isekai MC fails to attend a funeral so he can rub one off, he hears his parents "making" a little sister while also catching his tutor getting off those sounds also, and he gets to enjoy staring at her "cloth" during those late night magic lessons.

And damn, that Ring reference ...anyone else feeling old? lol
Jan 17, 2021 5:03 PM
Dec 2020
thats awesome ... he had harsh pass and now he do everything to go forward
Jan 17, 2021 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
This episode made me care so much about a character, and it made me laugh and emotional throughout. This anime is something special so far
Jan 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
looks like i'm gonna be in the minority with this one not surprised , first bit was a huge turn off even when i knew about it legit made the dude the ugly fat bastard tag but that was the whole point of showing how much of a scumbag he is though his bullying was bit on the extreme side

but if this is what the emotional notes are gonna be i don't know what to say i felt nothing despite liking Roxy for a episode and a half let alone anything related to this MC hard to care when the show has done nothing but make me dislike Rudy without showing any redeeming qualities of why i should grow to like him yet because being a older perv in a child's body is not one of them even with sugita's voice, think i understand why so many of these shows take the bland route because yeesh setting up your MC like this is a super hard sell.

and doing sexual content is totally fine with how it's handled but at this point with everything else done it's hard to not simply view it as fanservice instead of "It'S bEiNg ReAlStIC" like the show ended on it's somewhat important note with a Haha i stole her panties joke ,and the masterbation scene was kinda unnecessary

i'll see how much i can take with this one hopefully the other characters wind up overshadowing my problems with this or not lol

Jan 17, 2021 5:48 PM
Sep 2012
That Guilty Gear cameo was really cool
Jan 17, 2021 5:57 PM
Mar 2020
MrAddict said:
is it just me or was that masturbation scene with Roxy unnecessary?
hmmm well hmm ok ..
Jan 17, 2021 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
The flashback scene filtering people on here is hilarious. The point is that he was a disgusting degenerate who was at a dead end in life. This story isn't a self insert power fantasy, it's a story about a fuck up who gets a second chance at life and tries to make the most of it while disregarding past self one step at a time.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

447 by adoyash »»
Sep 20, 4:30 PM

» Am i missing something? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kenzolo-folk - Jul 1

220 by Bolona07 »»
Sep 15, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

480 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.