Forum Settings
Forums

[Update Feb 27] Android & iOS Apps (Phase 1) Are Here!

New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2020 10:00 AM
Feb 2014
Thank god I bought new phone with android 10 recently.
Yes I agree with this list.
Nov 4, 2020 10:15 AM
Nov 2018
Wdym, I've been using the MAL app on my android phone for almost years, are you saying it's not the official one ?
Nov 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Aug 2020
As for phase 1 this is actually pretty good. The layout could be a lot cleaner imo. I find it a hassle that i have to read the forums and other articles at the website. Overall it's pretty convenient and I love the list system.
Nov 4, 2020 10:25 AM
Jan 2019
Is SNS post available on the app?
Nov 4, 2020 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
This app supposed to be an update from the 2018 one?

how can this new interface be worse than the older one.

shame.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 4, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2016
silverbaang said:
Wdym, I've been using the MAL app on my android phone for almost years, are you saying it's not the official one ?

It could be possible that you have been using the version that was removed from the Playstore. I've been using that one too. It was official.
Nov 4, 2020 11:21 AM
Oct 2016
Jhoanchb said:
This app supposed to be an update from the 2018 one?

how can this new interface be worse than the older one.

shame.

Yeah with some updates to the old app, it would have been perfect. Old app just looks better imo.
Nov 4, 2020 11:23 AM
Mar 2019
I think the discussions tab is a must have feature along with the anime list filter
Nov 4, 2020 11:30 AM
Apr 2020
Sorry but I'm using an Android 5.0.1
I'm a penciller (comic & manga artist) and I love Gunpla & scratch build.
My best work in scratch, Kaneda bike
..._ _ _...

Click ๐Ÿ‘† to see my profile
Nov 4, 2020 11:38 AM
Oct 2015
Is there a beta version for iOS ?
Nov 4, 2020 11:58 AM
Aug 2019
I want the app to no open a window in Safari and see friends profiles
Nov 4, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Thank god, thank you for iOS 12
Nov 4, 2020 1:08 PM
Jul 2020
Kushal2021 said:
grin3671 said:
Lol, I'm stuck on Android 7 so I will continue to use web ver.
same, atleast take it down one more version.

Me on Marshmallow ,'-)
Nov 4, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2018
Ah, Finally I been waiting for the MAL App when it announce it back days.
Thank You MAL for the App, Can't wait to Use it :)
Nov 4, 2020 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Hopefully one of the next phases will add a dedicated iPad version?
Nov 4, 2020 2:20 PM
Aug 2017
Glad to see you will be including iOS 12, I will wait.
Nov 4, 2020 2:25 PM
Oct 2019
You should program a version that is compatible with the other versions of Android 4 and above because Not all of us have Android 8 version phones
Nov 4, 2020 2:48 PM
Jun 2015
i have android 6.0.1 not everyone has android version 8 or above and not everyone buy new devices.
Nov 4, 2020 2:52 PM

Jul 2020
will there in the future be the implementation of the forums?
Nov 4, 2020 3:07 PM

May 2020
YESSSSSSSS
Nov 4, 2020 3:13 PM
Jan 2019
I can't describe how long I've been waiting for the app, but when I read that it's for android 8 at least I feel my whole world has been crashed. I don't know if it's hard or not, but please consider adding android 6 in the future
Nov 4, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2017
It's been pretty nice so far, same list of priorities mentioned are the ones I want
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Nov 4, 2020 3:49 PM
Sep 2020
When logging in to our accounts, will the custom there we've coded in our anime list styles appear in the app version? if not, is there a way to add custom themes in?
Nov 4, 2020 4:18 PM

Aug 2019
loud4s said:
When logging in to our accounts, will the custom there we've coded in our anime list styles appear in the app version? if not, is there a way to add custom themes in?

yeah, it'd be so fucking good if we could have our themes in
Nov 4, 2020 4:48 PM
Oct 2019
I like that we actually now have an official app. As time goes on, it would be nice to have a UI scaling feature, since for my liking its a bit too big. Also, app optimization is needed to make things load faster. And why does pressing something from the home tab redirect to a browser? It would be nice to integrate that into the app.

The UI is okay, I could live with it. However, one of the unofficial apps (MoeList) has a more sleek look and it's pretty easy to use, so for now I'll stick with the current app I am using. However, when time goes on and when the MAL official app gets better, I'll be glad to move over. But for now, I thank you guys for an official app, and I hope the best for the MAL team!
Nov 4, 2020 5:05 PM

Mar 2017
This is amazing! Thank you so much for making this app guys! I love this site and am grateful for everything you do for us otaku!
Nov 4, 2020 5:10 PM
Dec 2016
Right off the bat I think things look great! The one obviously missing feature I noticed is the lack of quick "+" button in the "watching" tab, for anime that are being rewatched. There's a + for the "currently watching" but not the ones that are being rewatched.
Nov 4, 2020 5:29 PM
Oct 2020
I really do like this app, it makes it much easier for me to access my list, instead of pulling up the website. One thing I would really like to be added though would be the time watched tracker. It’s one of my favorite things to do to check how many hours I’ve sunk in.
Nov 4, 2020 5:32 PM

Nov 2020
This app is really good, accidentally found some more anime to watch. Only bad thing is that it's showing news from days ago. Other than that I have no complaints.
Nov 4, 2020 5:33 PM

Jul 2017
GREAT, FINALLY!

Have been using MALClient for months in its imperfection, but it's nice to have an official one after the old one had been withdrawn for years now without proper API.

Most things still have to be accessed on the web for full pages, but this is a step in the right direction for providing recessed content and links to proper pages and such.
KANLen09Nov 4, 2020 5:39 PM
Nov 4, 2020 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
I'm currently only reading manga and oh boy, I downloaded the app without reading here first. oof!! lol

still, it looks pretty nice and it works fine!! thank you for making it :) (pls notify me when you have a manga list tab kdsophsoggifsa)

Nov 4, 2020 6:03 PM
May 2012
Literally been using it for years now and finally comes to iOS and the general android audience. Finally.
Nov 4, 2020 6:49 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
kakas98 said:
there are problems with error 400 with loging in
Napok said:
When I login it shows "400 Bad Request"
Are you still having this problem? If so, could you please message your OS version and device model to the App Support? That's the fastest way for the app team to investigate the problem. Please also mention that you encountered error 400 while logging in.

grin3671 said:
But.. Looks like it's not app, but completely WebView mask. There are no OAuth authorization, but notify about cookies and reCAPTCHA. No smooth UX inherent to native apps. I'm glad to be wrong.
You can be glad because that's not correct. The app is using the API, it accesses your list via OAuth, and plenty of apps use reCAPTCHA but aren't transparent about it. (cc @Jhoanchb)

ShoraGolz said:
Can you add the feature to sort list by score?
Please see #2 in first post.

Shirase-san said:
My advice, which is to be able to see other users profiles in the application, and that's all from me.
Tap your friend's profile picture on the home feed. It should open up their profile :) Just a basic version for now though as we're still adding more.
(cc @Frostyinside @Supercuecaaa)

HakuryuNoKou said:
It took forever to find in the Play Store. I even typed in the actual name of it, but I only found it through a fluke. :/
It can take 24 hours after being approved before it starts appearing properly in search.

StrawHatTitan said:
I would recommend that you guys put a banner on the site about the app because many people don't bother themselves with the news updates and so i think that there are many people who are not yet aware about the app.
Thanks for the suggestion. We're planning on it but wanted to make sure there weren't any unexpected icebergs :')

rafaerux said:
...but maybe it's just the animations that need to be swapped for better ones idk.
You're on point with some of the animations not being intuitive with other apps and that giving it a choppy feeling, I think. I'm hoping we can iron those out in the upcoming weeks but I think it wasn't significant enough to delay launch to fix.

LoneWolf75 said:
I am using iOS 14 and I don't see the manga list only the anime list. I also don't get the dark mode in the setting area. If you could please show us how we can set up the dark mode in the app and how to find the manga list as well.
Please read the first post in this thread.

Acruxx said:
I understand the issue with Hentai (which I agree with), but I find it pretty stupid that Kill la Kill doesn't appear on my list (just one example of a few).
Hmmm... Kill la Kill should still be appearing on your list. I know a few legitimate titles got swallowed by our overhungry NSFW filter but I thought we'd fixed those. If you could please send those titles to App Support, we can get them corrected.

TheExile285 said:
Hopefully one of the next phases will add a dedicated iPad version?
The iPad/tablet usage/requests seems to be really small at the moment, so honestly I can't say it's a super high priority right now. We'll keep reviewing the situation and adjusting our priorities based on demand.

jnikkir said:
The one obviously missing feature I noticed is the lack of quick "+" button in the "watching" tab, for anime that are being rewatched. There's a + for the "currently watching" but not the ones that are being rewatched.
Oh weird. Some of the other peculiar UX things users have mentioned were in my own testing notes, but that completely flew over my head. Thanks for mentioning it.

loud4s said:
I think that's going to be reeeeally difficult for the app because desktop and mobile are very different. For example, how would my anime list look on a mobile phone? Some kind of list customization might be feasible though, we'll need to consider it -- however, I think only after a lot of the browser redirects have been taken care of... (cc @Shishio-kun)

Alpxne said:
One thing I would really like to be added though would be the time watched tracker. It’s one of my favorite things to do to check how many hours I’ve sunk in.
That should be visible on your profile. Tap on your profile picture in the menu bar~
KinetaNov 4, 2020 6:53 PM

Join MAL's Mod Team!ใ€€โœงใ€€
Guidelines & FAQใ€€โœงใ€€

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ใ€€โœงใ€€
Nov 4, 2020 7:00 PM

Jun 2020
Thank you so much! The app is very helpful :) Looking forward to future updates.
Nov 4, 2020 7:21 PM

Aug 2019
Thanks for replying to our feedback, kineta!
The profiles are actually good, but I still think it'd be better to have a separate friends tab. Some of my friends don't even update their lists anymore and I wanna be able to take a look at their profile every now and then.

Oh this just happened to me; can we tap the episode number too instead of just being able to scroll it?

FrostyinsideNov 4, 2020 7:35 PM
Nov 4, 2020 7:36 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
As an Android 7.1.2 user, I'm honestly surprised since darn near every app I use is compatible with at least Android 5 and newer. Maybe can you expand compatibility on the Android side of things too?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 4, 2020 9:32 PM

Oct 2019
my stupid broken phone only goes to iOS 12 i was ready to cry when i read "you need a minimum of iOS 13"

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ | ๐“†จ
Nov 4, 2020 10:42 PM
Apr 2020
Just as i thought, the app needs way more development. Please make sure to make it more optimized for the time being and add as much features as possible. Anyways kudos to the team, hope we will get smth bigger!
Nov 4, 2020 10:50 PM

Mar 2018
I have an Android 7 phone so no app for me I guess. Why did you people not make it compatible with older versions of Android? You can't tell me that this app required to be made for Android 8 and above, because I don't believe that the app has such revolutionary, never seen before features that warranted that.

All the apps I use work perfectly with my version of Android and they're not stopping support anytime soon. Be it old apps like Google apps or new apps and games like Genshin Impact. By limiting the number of devices compatible with the app you're leaving a significant amount of potential users out.
Nov 4, 2020 11:05 PM
Aug 2013
what about mal late? isn't Official
Nov 4, 2020 11:55 PM

Dec 2017
I think i prefer the old app, the new app's ui is a bit disappointing in comparison.
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Nov 5, 2020 12:38 AM
Oct 2017
But whyyyyy android 8 I have an old phone and I can't buy new one and I'm a big fan for this site I'm really sad that I can't use the app ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
Nov 5, 2020 1:17 AM

May 2020
This is very exciting, especially since third-party MAL apps have largely not worked in my experience
Nov 5, 2020 1:28 AM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Oh, please do prioritize the manga lists since I use MAL for manga as much as I do for anime.

But it's so great that it's here!!! <3333333 Any special features for us MAL supporters? ;)

ใ€Œ I am forever your most devoted believer. ใ€

Nov 5, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2016
Oooo very nice, looking forward to trying it out. Always wished there was an MAL app.

Nov 5, 2020 2:18 AM
Feb 2017
So the thing about Apple's ToS with the whole NSFW content was bypassed by Manga Rock a couple of years back. All they did was redirect you to their website were you'd just click a button to allow NSFW content to be added to the app, which didn't show it by default.
Nov 5, 2020 2:56 AM

Oct 2013
Kineta said:
kakas98 said:
there are problems with error 400 with loging in
Napok said:
When I login it shows "400 Bad Request"
Are you still having this problem? If so, could you please message your OS version and device model to the App Support? That's the fastest way for the app team to investigate the problem. Please also mention that you encountered error 400 while logging in.

I still have the same error while logging in. Yes no problem, I just contacted App Support
Nov 5, 2020 3:12 AM
Jun 2020
I have miui 10 still i can't download app why?
Nov 5, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2019
No longer have to use my Samsung browser now๐Ÿ˜€. Will be using most of the app soon when dark mode update comes
Nov 5, 2020 3:30 AM
Jun 2020
Let's see the new app
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Apr 6, 2022

204 by Someone_Someone_ »»
2 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

246 by Mantarray »»
10 hours ago

» Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 6, 2021

409 by seobloggingo »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

102 by davehimself »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

145 by Vulpix98 »»
May 30, 2:10 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.