Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2020 6:28 AM
Mar 2015
Nice date Great backstory on their first fireworks together
Aug 30, 2020 7:44 AM
Oct 2019
What an Wholesome Episode....
Loved it 5/5
Aug 30, 2020 7:44 AM
Oct 2019
Kryki said:
Ok seriously though... what's the deal with that cat!? xD

The Cat just become annoying now, not even funny anymore
Aug 30, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2008
Uzaki looked striking in her yukata. Thankfully, she managed to overcome her self-caused predicament.

On another note, Sakurai's pop gun shot was masterful...
Aug 30, 2020 12:59 PM
Mar 2020
As cringy this show is at times (im not even sure if thats a bad thing) Ill give it that I keep beeing interested in the next episode and laugh at a higher percentage of jokes than im used to in anime
Aug 30, 2020 3:33 PM

Oct 2008
Senpai can't see the Hanabi because of those colossal blockage of a view courtesy of Uzaki lolz!
5/5.

next episode "Tsuki Uzaki" oh god this is it best MILF galore!

Aug 30, 2020 3:53 PM
Oct 2018
For this kind of show, there has sure been a lot of development between the main characters in 8 eps. That's why I keep coming back every week. This is definitely one of the best shows of a really packed season (Re-Zero, SAO, Railgun, My Teen Romantic Comedy, Rent a GF, etc).

Funimation decided to translate the "Kagiya" fireworks yell to "What a show, keep it up!". Whatever. They also annoyingly won't say "Kouhai" but use "Junior" instead, which is even worse. But I'm grateful for this show.
Aug 30, 2020 8:11 PM
Jun 2014
A surprisingly sweet episode that more than made up for the last one. They should have ended with this episode because I can’t see them topping it.
Aug 30, 2020 8:14 PM
Apr 2020
Kryki said:
Ok seriously though... what's the deal with that cat!? xD

Seriously though, it manages to be annoying yet funny at the same time xd
Aug 30, 2020 8:43 PM

Nov 2014
Haha.. started with Uzaki who beg for forgiveness after vomitting in Sakurai futon from the last episode.. end up making misunderstanding around people.

Love these 3 wingmans XD.. Father -Daughter, Master & Ami plus Sakai XD, their reaction were so priceless regarding those SakuraiUzaki's matter.

Their Highschool flashbacks were a nice one really adding the sweet moments in the festival on this epsiode. that overpraise from Sakurai to make Uzaki back to her usual demeanor tho.. working like a"switch".
Well.. great things that ends up really good.. enjoying beautiful fireworks together while reminiscing their past together even tho He couldn't really see the fireworks because of her "big things" XD.. Still what a sweet and lovely moments for these two.
Aug 30, 2020 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
megumeerul said:
Not gonna lie, at first I started watching this series because i was bored and people complaining how bad it was and I thought to myself, "hey why not watch a bad anime once in a while". Then yeah it's bad and i hated Uzaki but that all changed on Episode 5 or 6. I love this series and this episode is the main reason why i love this series.

It's great to have a wholesome episode, i like this episode so much, the comedy and wholesomeness was completely on point. Can't wait for more really, hope to see more of their backstory soon.

Cant say I "love" this show, apart from that, I agree with everything u said.
Aug 31, 2020 5:35 AM
Jun 2017
what a sweet episode indeed... love that fireworks scene and some past of the two of them
Aug 31, 2020 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
This is a pretty bad anime -- the worst one I've ever seen in fact -- but this was probably the best episode of the series. I'm not really here for Uzaki as much as I am for the MC. It was pretty wholesome seeing his little character development thing go on. I'd be pretty pissed if I got knocked out for complimenting a girl, though, ngl... but as an introvert who craves a bit of human touch every once and a while, I was content seeing the guy recollect on the past episodes and admit that the change in his life was fun for him.

Again though, this isn't the best show, imo. I'm definitely not in the minority with that sentiment, however, it actually seems like most people enjoyed an episode for once. I sure did too but not to the degree everyone else has. The opening scene was pretty bad... really bad in fact. The gags died hard.

Buuut, praising the episode once more, I liked the chill vibe. Very, very mundane. Very, very simple. Nice dim colors and not too much chaos or Uzaki shrieking. An easy-going pool scene. An easy-going fireworks display. A leisurely watch for sure.

6.13/10, which is an unusually high score for an episode from me.
Sep 1, 2020 7:19 AM

Sep 2018
They always have audience whenever they fight lol
I love the "shippers" - Ami & father and Sakaki :D
Uzaki in yukata is soo cute ❤️ I really like cat's shock face, so hilarious!
Sep 1, 2020 9:46 PM

Aug 2020
asapabri said:
Ashhk said:
the highschool Uzaki was SO MUCH better than the actual Uzaki... the haircut was great compared to how horrible is her haircut now

el_morris said:
I insist Usaki looks more cute with her long hair.

loplop said:
Keep the longer hair Uzaki, much cuter/attractive with it IMHO.

I feel like I'm literally the only one digging her new haircut...I even think her haircut back then looks bad

Both hairstyles have their merits, the one being more cute, the shorter one a bit more feisty, though Uzaki can also strike a cute pose with shorter hair, but it might take a little more effort.

I think the variation is what makes this relatively simple story more interesting. Uzaki isn't very consistent, and Sakurai is sometimes a bit unstable too. That is probably the key thing behind the nice dynamic, these two have together. So even when one or both mellow out a little, it's still 'fireworks' to see them struggle to get closer together. Are they the perfect couple? No, especially because both are very dense at times, and yet, if you look closer, and see the opportunities, like all the side characters who clearly try to ship them, they are made for each other.
Dutch_ChiefSep 1, 2020 9:49 PM
Sep 1, 2020 10:31 PM

Sep 2017
I loved the scene were Sakurai was partially blind on her lap because of Uzaki's attributes.

It was a symbolic message for the haters from my point of view.
Sep 2, 2020 9:23 AM
Mar 2019
so bad know that the mang aonly publish 1 per month :( i swear author do 1 per week to can have second season
Sep 5, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2010
I laughed out loud unintentionally, great fucking episode. The cat was spot on too.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode, it was different than usual but good.
Sep 11, 2020 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
I don't get the rice eating joke.
Sep 13, 2020 10:19 PM

Aug 2020
Amazing episode, it has all that makes this worth watching. Funny moment at the beginning, and Uzaki's bad phrasing starting to rub off on Sakurai. The cute flashback, with him helping and encouraging her, the compliment scene, where getting called cute really went straight to her heart. And the ending, where Sakurai basically admits he prefers hanging out with her above spending the summer break alone.
Sep 19, 2020 3:29 AM

Nov 2016
Oh the sweet pay-off. The events and portrayal of Uzaki were something I was looking forward to in anticipation. We saw a more sincere attitude from both characters, a flashback and reached a new level. Also learned that a few cm more makes the difference, but the Yukata wasn't bad either.

Wonderful episode and the stupid misunderstanding, once again, funny as fuck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2020 7:08 AM
Jun 2019
Ashhk said:
Good to see some romantic development, the highschool Uzaki was SO MUCH better than the actual Uzaki... the haircut was great compared to how horrible is her haircut now

Idk, I think that both are pretty good, the haircut that she used in this episode really matches her style
Oct 5, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Oh the sweet pay-off. The events and portrayal of Uzaki were something I was looking forward to in anticipation. We saw a more sincere attitude from both characters, a flashback and reached a new level. Also learned that a few cm more makes the difference, but the Yukata wasn't bad either.

Wonderful episode and the stupid misunderstanding, once again, funny as fuck.
So far it was my fav of them all, the flash back felt fresh and not generic.
Oct 8, 2020 1:54 AM

Dec 2009
His scream of "phrasing, please!" is always fucking hilarious like many of his outbursts.
I liked that original scene of seeing how she gave him her mother's money as compensation for vomiting on his futon while strangers we're misjudging him. With how dejected he was I would have expected him to explain himself but I guess not for Uzaki's sake.

The original addition of him consulting with the Manager and Ami to the point of crying when avoiding the reveal of her vomiting was very surprising but funny.
Haha, so they even added Sakaki to have senses of something good about to be missed as he's on a yacht trip.
Cool that they included the Manager to be the one to suggest he invites her to the fireworks festival as he's worrying on how to cheer her up.

... Now that I think about it, it's kinda surprising that Ami is so knowledgeable in how to deal with love or rather developing love even though she has zero personal experience.
Cool that a slideshow of festival activities were included even though the mangaka didn't do so for whatever reason even though he seemed to have liked to with the extra drawing of her licking an apple candy.
... Odd remembrance of her in high school. I wonder why. The imagination of her in her usual mood was cute.
Man, the scene of him complimenting her to cheer her up was done fucking very well as expected. Unfortunately I was expecting the knockout to be faster and more abrupt which would was disappointing because I believe it would have been more hilarious but funny nonetheless.

A little weird how they changed the flashback from how it originally is on Chapter 35.
In the manga, he forgot his goggles and not his cellphone is already wearing his swimsuit with a jacket and not his school uniform, and instead of discussing as if he's already been teaching her in class or whatever, in the manga it's the first time he learns of her practicing in secret and quickly jumps into the pool to teach her. I don't think the inclusion of the freakout cat as a younger cat was ever in the manga but for its surprise, it was hilarious.
Walking together afterschool and giving her corn from the festival in the past was never in the manga either, instead while she's fondly telling the story to Ami of when he taught her in detail, that's when she realized he wasn't scary at all and came to like him. Interesting original scene I guess. Although I prefer the original (second) flashback.
... I'm kinda surprised they excluded the concussion expert passerby completely. His insight was funny in the manga but... he is redundant in explaining what happened as entertaining as it was in the manga. No loss there.

Interesting how in the anime when he consults her in her lap pillow he's a lot more candid and revealing of what he felt of her in the beginning of how annoying he was to her. In the manga he only admits to not always liking the stress ... if translation was accurate. ... I like how more insightful he is here though even though the original is more quick and sweet.
... Some cool additions though. Nice adaption of the fireworks festival chapter.

Adapted order;
Chapter 23 (Fire Festival), Chapter 35 (Flashback).
Oct 13, 2020 2:50 AM
Apr 2016
Uzaki looks like a 13-year-old grandma in a yukata.
Oct 23, 2020 11:07 PM

Feb 2019
Well, I'm at least glad that we got some backstory on their time together on the swim team. I thought it was hilarious that there was an Uzaki-chan-perspective shot of Sakurai's head while on her lap. You couldn't even see him! Little things like these are like the mangaka just teasing us with her hilariously crooked body proportions.
Oct 28, 2020 1:45 AM

Aug 2020
Takadono said:
Well, I'm at least glad that we got some backstory on their time together on the swim team. I thought it was hilarious that there was an Uzaki-chan-perspective shot of Sakurai's head while on her lap. You couldn't even see him! Little things like these are like the mangaka just teasing us with her hilariously crooked body proportions.

Yeah, the anime team did a good job on this episode, it just fits so well together.

Just wondering, if they added a few references to Takagi-san season 2 EP 12 in this episode. They are both at a fireworks festival, partially oblivious to their feelings, although slowly starting to grow closer. Both Takagi and Uzaki are wearing a pink yukata with similar pattern, and Nishikata and Sakurai are both dressing in a white shirt with blue top. And both girls like to tease the main male character.

The setting is college instead og high school, and Takagi looks very different, but when watching Takagi episode 12, it instantly reminded me of this one.
Dutch_ChiefOct 28, 2020 4:30 AM
Jan 8, 2021 3:51 AM
Jun 2013
Its funny how there always seems to be a crowd when uzaki keeps saying the wrong stuff to make sakurai look bad and/or be embarrassed. Im surprised there was no joke with the banana licking and didint think uzaki would be so effected by the whole vomit thing. Its also obvious that while sakurai does get annoyed by uzakis personality its something he still likes.
Apr 20, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2019
Ahh... that fireworks scene is beautiful I almost cried with tears
May 8, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
Lots of precious and sweet moments there at the fireworks part.... if only our boy Sakaki wasn't stuck on the boat missing out on these events occuring in his absence..

May 14, 2021 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
Wow the flashback scene was so wholesome. The cafe owner and daughter duo is amazing XD. And seriously why is that cat like everywhere Sakurai and Uzaki are?
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 20, 2021 5:31 AM

Apr 2013
Got a lot of "last episode" vibes from this one, with all the flashbacks and the serious conversation in the end. This is certianly way more romancey than teasing by now.
May 23, 2022 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Yakuza-wolf_0 said:
Those damn girls looking at Sakurai and Uzaki like that. If it were me, I would tell those girls to mind their own business and and to back the hell of

Exactly what I was thinking lol. I would've snapped.
Aug 15, 2022 12:07 AM

May 2019
Good episode, I actually liked more reserved Uzaki as when she's normal she can be a little too obnoxious. Her longer hair when she was in high school was better too, in my opinion. I do like the father/daughter combo from the cafe and how they have similar thoughts, and how they seem to telepathically communicate lol. Good character development as Sakurai is definitely getting more comfortable around Uzaki and enjoying her company.
Sep 7, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2020
Maybe the first tease-free episode.. god took them so long. Uzaki just casually had the brain take a stroll inside Sakurai's head lol, though trust me that's dangerous, for real.

Also Yukata with that character design is hilarious even if the author was sincere, so just can't help.
Oct 5, 2022 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
High school Uzaki in uniform is kinda great
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 11, 2022 2:44 PM
Jul 2022
Very cute episode. I loved the first two minutes but would have liked it more if they had emphasized the panic in Shinichi by showing his nervosity with displays of sweat or another visual. Nice continuation of the previous episode.
Oct 19, 2022 5:54 PM
Feb 2022
Usaki se veía tan bella en su Yukata.
Feb 16, 2023 9:41 AM
Nov 2021
bro poor sakurai it's like every girl against him😭
Apr 30, 2023 9:11 PM
Oct 2022
Hana continues to make me smile every time she's on my screen. She has the best energy.
May 29, 2023 7:30 AM

Dec 2022
Damn! What did she have in the bag? That was a killer knockout blow to the chin!
Aug 31, 2023 5:41 PM

Mar 2019
The gossips interpret what they hear the way they want to come to the conclusion that men are trash lol.
They are the same as internet feminists lol. 😂🤣
Dec 31, 2023 5:16 AM

Oct 2022
Uzaki is so adorable, everything she does is so fun and exciting. Even if she does accidentally knock out the MC. Also I want a little more backstory of who she was in Highschool
Mar 4, 6:57 PM
Feb 2024
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

pocky-boy - Sep 25, 2020

154 by kunpimookin »»
Oct 15, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

94 by ItsXolo »»
Aug 10, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

94 by Bulek1235 »»
Jul 8, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

148 by Jomiman12 »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

104 by Igor5959 »»
Apr 10, 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.