Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 17, 2020 9:59 AM

Oct 2018
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru + Re:Zero + The Last of Us

I guess I may die* soon.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 17, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2019
Re: Zero's second season is the only show I'm really hyped for. The season seems a bit underwhelming, to be honest.
Maybe The God of Highschool and Deca-Dense will be worth checking out.
Jun 17, 2020 10:12 AM

Sep 2018
Oregairu Season 3 so god knows I am hyped!
Blanks.
Jun 17, 2020 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
Wow I just noticed how this season is empty. Excluding sequel, this season really have nothing new that seems interesting so far. At least we will have Appare Ranman coming back.
Jun 17, 2020 10:19 AM
Sep 2019
It doesn't look interesting, but I'm gonna watch all the shows anyways 🤷
Jun 17, 2020 10:20 AM

Dec 2017
Not quiet the season that I'm looking for, the most hyped probably for Oregairu and that's it.

Sep 2018
of course , especially with these 2 sequels :
-re:zero s2
-oregairu s3
and other new animes :
-deca dence
-Japan Sinks 2020
-god of highschool

Jul 2018
nah, looks rly boring lmao. maybe since its nothing i really watch
Jun 17, 2020 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Ikebukuro West Gate Park! It’s already had a live action TV series adaptation of the novel back in 2000 that was really well received, I have high hopes for the anime. Other than that, Great Pretender is a standout. I’ll also be watching SNAFU season 3 and Deca-Dence among some others.
OddGrimJun 17, 2020 10:33 AM
Jun 17, 2020 10:33 AM

Aug 2016
Yes! I can’t wait for this anime called sponsored I’ve been waiting FOREVER for it to be turned into an anime, thanks MAL!
Thigh-CrusaderJun 17, 2020 10:48 AM
Jun 17, 2020 10:35 AM

Nov 2019
Me checking the TV seasonals.. harem, big breasts, harem, monster girls, harem..

(Yeah.. Imma just swipe left on most of these..)
Jun 17, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty disappointing, but I can't blame anyone given the current circumstances. The God of High School is the only one standing out for me. I have a good feeling it might be the best of the season
Jun 17, 2020 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
Sequels to things I have no interest in watching. I think it's another season of making a dent in my massive PTW backlog
Jun 17, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2020
im not hyped, tho...
i cant wait for 2nd season of re:zero. tho, i wasnt very happy this season is splitted into two parts, oof.
im gonna watch umibe no étranger, although its only a movie, not a show.
then im interested in ikekuburo west gate park, nihon chinbotsu 2020 and the god of highschool. but theres a high chance ill drop some of these after wazching a few episodes.
also,, ill maybe watch third season of oregairu, but im not sure, cause first i have to watch the previous two and i dont even know if im gonna like this serie.
Jun 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2020
Not really. Like most people, I’m really only looking forward to Oregairu, and maybe Re:zero, but I think I’m just gonna binge them once they’ve finished. Oh wait, I forgot to mention HxEros. Too bad I’m gonna have to wait for the BDs if you know what I’m saying...
Jun 17, 2020 10:53 AM

Oct 2019
Not at all. I was super hyped for a lot of shows in the Fall timeframe though, but most were delayed. RIP.
Jun 17, 2020 11:21 AM
Feb 2017
Oregairu and Re:Zero new season that i was hoping to watch in april finally coming it's a gift from god, specially oregairu due to 5 years waiting room and best romcom ever gonna be great, God of HighSchool looks dope af with the trailers and webtoon hype, theres this kanojo okarishimasu wich i saw some ppl saying it's the newcoming of Nisekoi or something like that so i may give it a shot, but in the end i guess this is it
Jun 17, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
Looking forward to sequels more than new series.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jun 17, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
No, cause I'm definitely spending Summer rereading an entire light novel with over 50 volumes. And I'm one of those people where I wait for it to pile up before watching. I'm only interested in the sequels like Re:, Oregairu and SAO.
Jun 17, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2019
I'm only hyped for Uzaki-chan and Oregairu 3, I could care less for the others
Jun 17, 2020 1:01 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah there is some interesting stuff

Re Zero's sequel I am looking forward to as out of the Kadokawa isekais it's probably my favourite.

Great Pretender (will get around to technically a Summer anime in my opinion but I heard good things and had been looking forward to)

Deca Dence another promising anime original on the animation and aesthetic.

God of the HS literally just anime tournament arc but the animation in the fights looks great.

Japan Sinks 2020 interesting premise plus Yuasa.

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! I like short haired girls.

I don't really count films but there are some interesting ones that might come out in this season like Shika no Ou, Umibe no Étrange (of course if it gets delayed lol).

Fall looks like the most promising season this year though. The only one I am going to watch actually seasonally will be Re Zero might pick up the others later or likely after the season is over.
Jun 17, 2020 1:13 PM

Dec 2018
Just the fact that Uzaki san will get an anime is enough to make me like Summer better than Spring, and I'll clearly watch more animes as well
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Jun 17, 2020 1:24 PM
Jan 2019
sora022 said:
Not hyped, the only anime that I will watch is oregairu s3.

That's a shame. I could tell that you're probably just another one of those people who watch random anime and not the well-known ones. I mean oregairu s3 is well known, but if you're not watching prequels for fire force, SAO, Rezero, no guns life, etc...it's just sad...really is
Jun 17, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2008
All of them, but if pressed for an answer, the obvious sequels:

Re:Zero s2
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru s3
Sword Art Online Alicization
Enen no Shouboutai s2
Jun 17, 2020 2:21 PM
Apr 2014
Really looking forward to this! Spring 2020 only had a few decent shows I've enjoyed, finally some S2's to enjoy!

I have waited for Re-Zero S2! Truly enjoyed S1 back in the day and even the director's cut last winter, so can't wait to see the stroy progression into the new arc, despite being spoiled in some parts of it...

And also the final arc of SAO Alicisation. Finally, it's time to put an end of one of my first fantasy series i've watched.

I have already started on Great pretender - really hillarious (Like Konosuba but in our world.) - might have ended it tough when all the others starts!

Also looking forward to the 2nd cour of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T, wich was decided to split in the last second.

And then we have the new ones, including some originals, and out of theese, Deca-Dence have peaked my interests, as it fills several of my preferences. finally some acopalypsic steampunk action!

Of total, I'll belive I am planning to watch about 12 series this summer in total, a little bit more than spring, but whit way better shows to look forward to!
Jun 17, 2020 2:24 PM
May 2020
I can say yes and no. Yes because it’s just sequels. No because not a whole lot of them seem interesting to me.
Jun 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
I was with some level of hype for Re:Zero 2, but I kind of lost it with the delay. Probably because it had a build up with the Director's cut, and after that the delayed news came. I still am looking foward to it, and I truly hope it does answer some questions, specially about Emilia's OVA, but honestly, can't say that I am "counting the days" to release. Beside that, I'm gonna watch a considerable ammount of shows this Season, but none of them seems to be at least 8/10 level of quality. So not really that much hyped
Jun 17, 2020 2:36 PM
Mar 2018
well there's re:zero and oregairu which are just amazing anime series.
And then there's series that I feel like will be good like God of highschool and Kanojo, Okarishimasu.
If these were the the only ones I would've given it a 6/10 maybe.
BUT thanks to a certain series called Dokyuu Hentai HxEros, I've concluded that the rating goes up to 10/10

bye
Jun 17, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
The God of High School may be entertaining (well i hope it will) nothing else stands out
Jun 17, 2020 2:50 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Not at all, next season looks ridiculously bad, I have a total of one anime I think is gonna be good with Lapis Re:LiGHTs so if that doesn't deliver there's a chance there might not be a single decent anime in the entire line up! I have three other anime I'm moderatly interested in: Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, Monster Musume no Oishasan and Kyojinzoku no Hanayome but I don't expect much from them as they are likely to flop. I might pick up a few others but they all look like crap.

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros reminds me of my all time favourite series but I get the feeling it's much more likely to be another Masou Gakuen. Might be worth checking out on the off chance it's actually clever though.
Jun 17, 2020 2:59 PM

Dec 2014
I am looking forward to it they'll be good and bad like every season.

The anime I am looking forward to are:
Fire Force Season 2
The Misfit of Demon King
The God Of High School
Sword Art Online Alicization War Of The Underworld Season 2
Muhyo & Roji's Bureau Of Supernatural Investigation Season 2
Tokyo Sinks (2020)

Will also try:
Koi to Producer: Evol x Love
Deca-Dence
Gibiate
Ikebukro West Gate Park
Rent A Girl Friend
Jun 17, 2020 6:01 PM

Apr 2019

Jun 17, 2020 6:28 PM

May 2019
yes!!
this season im gonna watch

SAO
Rezero
Oregairu
The God of High School
Fire Force
Deca-Dence
Ikebukuro West Gate Park
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha

and maybe i will check out the other shows
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jun 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Jul 2016
Not really. Not of the new anime look good, but I might check them out if it gets good scores or people talk about it a lot.
Jun 17, 2020 6:40 PM
Nov 2014
Yep,im hyped for Kanojo Okarishimasu,OreGairu 3,Peter Grill,Dokyuu HxEros and Maou Gakuin
Jun 17, 2020 6:44 PM

Mar 2010
Not really hyped for this next season. Only up to three shows I am interested in.

No Guns Life
Oregairu
Gibate(Maybe)
Jun 17, 2020 6:57 PM

Sep 2019
Eh, i'm somewhat hyped but still holding doubts that certain shows will get pushed back bc of corona. Most shows i'm hyped for are either sequels or non-sequels.
Jun 17, 2020 6:58 PM

May 2016
Summer 2020 doesn't seem to have anything immediately eye-popping on the list other than some of the sequels. However there is a Haikyuu-shaped hole that leaves the season feeling inadequate...
Of what's left, SNAFU season 3 is probably the one I'd say I was most 'hyped' for. I'm also cautiously intrigued in the second seasons of Re:Zero and Fire Force.

As far as the new shows, the two that look the most interesting to me are God of High School and Rent-a-Girlfriend. I was super hyped for the 'Monster Musume' anime for about 10 seconds, thinking we were finally getting a second season, then I realized it isn't related in any way to the real Monster Musume. Now I'm just depressed...

On the bright side, the second half of this year will bring us a third season of Golden Kamuy and Log Horizon, and I am SUPER hyped for those!
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
Jun 17, 2020 7:52 PM

Jul 2019
I don't know if its because of covid or not, but I feel like this year's seasonals have been no where near as good as last year's. Perhaps its all the delays pushing back several airings. Nevertheless this next season seems to be miles above this year's winter and spring, even if its full of continuations.
Jun 17, 2020 8:52 PM

Jun 2020
yeah, im hyped to watch most of them, as like any other season :P

Jun 17, 2020 10:46 PM

May 2018
No, they look all trash tbh. But I'll be watching some of them I guess, specially Oregairu 3; Kanojo, Okarishimasu; The God of High School; Deca-Dence; Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan which is going to be terrible probably; Ikebukuro West Gate Park and Lapis Re:LiGHTs. Either way I guess that's too much to watch for a potentially trash season, so let's see...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 17, 2020 11:00 PM

May 2015
No, there is not even one summer anime that has an interesting premise or grabbed my attention in any way. I guess I will take a three months long break or watch one of the old titles in my PTW list.
Jun 17, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2018
Out of the top 4, I'm only interested in Oregairu lol so that's 3/4 of everyone's hype gone. Honorable mentions - the slightly less hyped ones I'm going to watch will be:

Gibiate (horror, sounds fun)
Ikebukuro West Gate Park (I may or may not have been influenced by the Hypnosis Mic song for this show to have caught my eye)
Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE (ikemen?? + great seiyuus?? I'm sold)
Umibe no Étranger (probably the one I'm looking forward to the most. we need more good shounen ai, hopefully it'll be as good as Given :') )
Jun 17, 2020 11:23 PM

Oct 2018
I don't really watch currently airing stuff but I have been waiting for deca-dence for quite a while now!

Shika no Ou looks pretty cool but thats coming out in September, and really digging the art style for god of highschool.

That seems to be all the new stuff, besides the sequels, I wonder what the sleeper hit will be this time around.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jun 18, 2020 4:12 AM

Apr 2019
hell yes, im excited to see some sequels as well as the new FGO movie, Camelot. I really look forward a normal name season

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Jun 18, 2020 4:20 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Actually this is the season I am least interested in since following seasonals in 2015. Maybe its not fault of the anime lineup, but that I am just not super hyped about anime in general at the moment.

I will watch every sequel to a previous completed anime: SAO, Oregairu, Enen no Shouboutai, ReZero. And the ones who I planned to watch in the Spring season but got delayed mid-airing. I dont even know where I am at. Will those be airing in Summer? For example Shokugeki no Souma, Digimon 2020?
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Jun 18, 2020 4:29 AM

Sep 2017
I'm never hyped for an upcoming season, I just wait to see how the seasonals are received

However Deca-dence looks pretty interesting I must say
Jun 18, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
Always look forward to trying new stuff, plus having some sequels for shows I know I already enjoy is nice.
Jun 18, 2020 4:54 AM

Nov 2019
Deca-Dence Synopsis Snippet said:
This chance meeting between the seemingly two opposites, the girl with a positive attitude who never gives up on her dreams and the realist who has given up on his, will eventually shake the future course of this world.

Golden Kamuy two years ago, Dororo last year. And now this..
Jun 18, 2020 5:06 AM

Feb 2019
I have been looking forward to the top 4 continuing shows, but none of the new shows really look that pog to me.
Besides the continuing shows I'll probably watch maou gakuin and maybe give that dokyuu ecchi show an episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is good animation?

LenRea - 8 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» What's the most significant emotional connection you've made with an anime character or a storyline?

Wendoka - 8 hours ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Anime with better story than art

ST63LTH - May 23

22 by DigiCat »»
14 minutes ago

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 2 hours ago

10 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
14 minutes ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 3 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.