Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
the quality of animation finally caught my attention in this one *sigh*
that white chernobyl kid's jump was so weird, like, the animation style changed too drastically out of nowhere
so hinata is basically a saint... *sorry i'm in a snarky mood god help me!!*
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 2, 2020 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
Hinata has grown from just watching. He even helped that other guy. I guess the training camp will go for some more episodes, waiting for a real game to see how much he has improved.
Feb 2, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2019
Pretty amazing episode 5/5
Feb 2, 2020 9:51 AM
Sep 2018
Akbe_ said:
Thomassloeber said:
the animation felt somewhat stiff but stilll a good episode.
Yea I felt that too. So muxh expectation for 4 years and this is thr best we get 😒 Just look at the NEW EPISODE 13:20 TO 13:22

I heard they are trying to save the budget for the games so it's understandable
Feb 2, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Afriyieau1 said:
Akbe_ said:
Yea I felt that too. So muxh expectation for 4 years and this is thr best we get 😒 Just look at the NEW EPISODE 13:20 TO 13:22

I heard they are trying to save the budget for the games so it's understandable

They've always been like this, there was a really good analysis of one of the earlier seasons op's where they pinpointed where they cut off the budget for animation and picked it back up. It's not a bad thing per say, it means the nationals will have so much more love put into them even if it means a few episodes of more lacklustre ep's for what's just training
Feb 2, 2020 11:44 AM

Feb 2020
Well some people already criticized the animation in this season but i thought it was actually better in this episode than in the other three.
Actually i have the feeling the animation was overall better in the first seasons. On the other hand this season the animation is closer to the manga art style somehow so maybe it was on purpose. But it might just be my imagination. As long as the main game scenes are animated well i won’t complain though.

So to the episode. There’s not much that can surprise me since I read the Manga but seeing it animated is still so much better. Hinata is such a good boy I just want to squeeze him and Tsukishima being so serious about volleyball is also nice to see. I loved how Kageyama was so not impressed of Korai jumping so high and how he freaked about it.
Also I‘m so happy Miyano voices Atsumu. His voice is just perfect for this character.
Feb 2, 2020 2:32 PM

Mar 2019
That ice haired kid reminded me of both Hinata and Tanaka combined.
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
Feb 2, 2020 3:37 PM
Apr 2016
Sorvarin said:
that white chernobyl kid's jump was so weird, like, the animation style changed too drastically out of nowhere

It's deliberate and not supposed to be "bad". You can say you prefer more on-model animation, but saying that they ran out of budget and it's "bad" is kinda rude to the animator.
Feb 3, 2020 3:14 AM

Jun 2007
Tsukizono said:
Sorvarin said:

It's deliberate and not supposed to be "bad". You can say you prefer more on-model animation, but saying that they ran out of budget and it's "bad" is kinda rude to the animator.

you sure you quoted the right person buddy? o. o
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 3, 2020 3:23 AM

Feb 2019
Man I love this hype moments and the character development that's going on, another amazing episode.
Feb 3, 2020 8:47 PM

Sep 2018
Kourai, there's Hinata so Kageyama is not shock anymore xD

Hinata is a great motivator! Hahaha such a cutie!
Feb 6, 2020 12:56 PM

May 2015
Good episode, Hinata learns some useful stuff and the way he helped that tall guy was pretty cool. Poor Kunimi being watched though. We also got to see more Kageyama, I'm glad he's trying his best in communication. That short guy was hilarious, good reference, lol.
Feb 6, 2020 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
20:18 ahh my favourite BGM playing in the background ;_;

sigh will have to get used to the new art style...

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Feb 11, 2020 11:50 AM
Jul 2014
Great episode!! Hinata is steadily getting better just by observing the game and it's really cool to see!

I'm glad we got updates about how Kageyama is doing, as well. He seems to be trying his best and earnestly communicating, which is good. The players he plays with are all very interesting characters and I'm glad we got to know them a little more in this episode. That blonde undercut setter guy seems like he'll be annoying in the future, the curly haired germaphobe seems really quirky and i'm interested to see how his character develops, the white haired shrimp seems like he'll be a handful, too. I like how Kageyama kinda put him in his place by calling the white shorty a 'reference' lmao

It's cool the coaches eating oysters went into detail about Karasuno's game and the coach's reaction to Hinata scoring the winning point. I wish we got to see his face, though. I think this scene also foreshadows the coaches getting sick and leaving the guys to practice on their own, hence giving Hinata the opportunity to practice later!!

I'm glad Hinata got to play a little in this episode. That was cool of Tsukki. I can also see why Tsukki is a little on edge too since he's no longer the tallest blocker and is playing with some of the best players.

Awww and poor Hyakuzawa ^~^ Hinata didn't have to make him feel better or give him tips, but he did anyway. I'm so proud of Hinata for observing Kunimi's technique and accurately finding out how Kunimi takes it so easy on the court. He did that all by himself and helped Hyakuzawa. This skill of analyzing technique is amazing and will definitely help Hinata in the future.
Feb 21, 2020 5:25 PM

Aug 2015
yapari hinata is my best bro, so sweet!, love him forever!

Mar 2, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
Eugh wtf was up with the awful animation this episode?
Apr 4, 2020 9:17 AM

Dec 2019
I think the animation is getting worse and worse every episode, another practice game, ugh if this goes on for the whole season i will rate this one 6 or 7 shame tho i hope it doesn't...
                                                         🖤   

Apr 5, 2020 1:26 AM

Oct 2019
who's this owl boy and why is he so full of himself?!

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 9, 2020 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
He's good at motivating too.
Apr 21, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
Alca said:
I just keep smiling trough the whole episode.

Right!

So many funny and awesome moments.
Hinata is learning so much and teaching other players, I'm loving it.
May 18, 2020 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Man I cannot stress it enough how much I love this episode. I'm so proud of Hinata for not just trying to but actually being a big help to that 2 meter guy and he's definitely inspired him too. And I see how his observation skill is getting better. Almost made me forgot how embarrassing the first episode was!
Jun 9, 2020 7:26 AM
May 2020
I am so happy to see Hinata finally learn about all the things he doesn't know about volleyball. Also, Kageyama is doing well at improving his communication skills! I know this is important for the characters, but I wish this had happened earlier in the series.
Jun 9, 2020 7:26 AM
May 2020
Excuses said:
who's this owl boy and why is he so full of himself?!
Because he is like Hinata.
Jun 14, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2018
lol Hinata is becoming a great coach now
Jul 29, 2020 3:54 AM

Feb 2018
lol, Kageyama making a lot of frenemies on the camp his on Tokyo. Fair enough all of those guys are monsters. Surely, he gained experience and information about those guys.
And Hinata making friends with the tall guy Hyakuzawa and actually having training for once, and Kunimi is funny and straightforward as hell.
Sep 2, 2020 4:19 AM

Jun 2020
lol kunimi

i was smiling when it was mentioned that kageyama is trying his best to communicate with the rest. he has definitely come a long way. as hinata has!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 14, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
Kunimi's gloomy/uncomfortable face is just like Kenma hehe

Hinata is sweet for cheering on the tall newbie player and even giving him a tip
Apr 9, 2021 3:53 AM
Apr 2021
i just love everything about hinata like damnn he's so nice and talented
and the way kageyama looked at the end of the episode, interesting for sure
Apr 13, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, Hinata's definitely making the most of it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2021 5:56 PM

Aug 2017

I'm glad Hinata made another friend although I think his introduction was too rushed if u ask me. And the animation was somehow bad but nothing to worry about.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 17, 2021 7:32 PM
Jun 2014
i loved seeing hinata coach that guy, overall this episode was nice to see!!
Oct 17, 2021 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
I loved this episode! Hinata was fucking dope!! And that face, cos I want to beat you, oof!!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jan 3, 2022 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
He's spoken just a little bit, but I feel like I'm gonna like Miya. My fav character roster do behave like him after all.

Hinata is doing great, he's progressing a lot. I do hope he can return a jab at Ushiwaka that there's a reason he's still there.

One of my favourite aspects of Haikyuu is watching Hinata make all kinds of friendships with players of different teams. I'm happy that I can see a lot of that in this episode.
Apr 25, 2022 5:59 AM

Dec 2020
That was a great episode!

Hinata motivating Hyakuzawa was so sweet. And Kunimi lmao. "And now there's another one staring at me."

Kageyama's camp is filled with star players. I guess the focus will shift to Kageyama in the next episode.
Dec 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Jul 2022
Hinata Shoyo cheering up his potential rivals ♥. What a man.

The monsters were never under my bed
Because the monsters were inside my head.
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
Because all this time the monster has been me.

set made by viraat_pirate
Jan 27, 2023 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
Another great episode! I'm happy to see Hinata helping Hyakuzawa and I SO want to see the faces of those 2 guys from the youth training camp when they see Karasuno's team and especially Hinata. 

Now what was that ending?? What did Kageyama see?

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 9, 2023 3:02 PM
Apr 2023
I liked how the episode explained how it brought kenmas and yamamotos relationship to how it is todoay
Aug 24, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2007
man i love this arc :D
hinata helping kamigawa (?) was this episode best part.

kageyama feels little out of place when he is not with karasuno. on the same time it's getting the best out of him.

as hinata says, its really weird to see kageyama and hinata apart.
Oct 26, 2023 5:29 PM
Jul 2017
bland ep, i guess we'll see what the coach reacted to hinata winning, probably happy or bewildered

also let's see kageyama evolve and tsukki evolve as well

hinata being such a good boy with the tall guy was wholesome
Jun 7, 12:43 AM
Feb 2024
first of all what the fuck is up with this fuckboy looking dude???? 🤨
it made me feel fuzzy inside when hinata was motivating the two-meter guy 🥰
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

110 by YeiYeiSenpai »»
Sep 5, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

161 by nirererin »»
Aug 10, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

178 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

95 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

94 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.