Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2020 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Pecorine should at least try to hold back her taste for food. Like seriously, she's the biggest eater in this show so far and I don't even think anyone else comes close. Such a weird food menu this episode.

Cute episode though especially with Kokkoro and we're even getting some screen time with the other support characters. Pecorine is also awesome this episode.
Stark700Apr 20, 2020 9:53 AM
Apr 20, 2020 9:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Catgirl Karyl is so much the best character xD
Apr 20, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
I can't get enough of how lively and happy everyone is in this anime, super cute designs all around.
Apr 20, 2020 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
I love this show so much, it’s just very fun to watch. Great art, great animation and feels very laid back. The banter between the characters reminds me of a mix between how not to summon a demon lord and Konosuba.

Think it’s one of the more under appreciated shows of the season

Ended up downloading the game the other day because of how much I enjoyed this.. those damn loading screens tho

That bug scene was hilarious lol, don’t knock it till you try it

How can that guy sit in the chairs without breaking them?? Absolute unit

Lmaoooo, Pecorine isn’t tolerating any food wasting. Loved the foodgasm scene before that too. Was like a Betelgeuse from re zero type thing

Another great episode, went by super quick. Can’t wait for next week(assuming there’s no delays)
Apr 20, 2020 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
I've never been so confused and enthralled at the same time.
Apr 20, 2020 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
here have food, it's good.
problem solved.
Apr 20, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
I have to admit, im not a person of luxury so dont stock it, but sometimes, a touch of lemon like zest can make or break a meal!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 20, 2020 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
That big lug got what he deserved, I'd be eating everything on the plate just because Pecorine is pretty good cook. It's also nice that Little Lyrical appeared and Karyl finally joined the party.

Apr 20, 2020 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
It's easy to bring a fight to life but it's hard to put life into a mundane scene.
Seriously, the amount of small little gestures in the animation is pretty crazy.

Hopefully this will get some more love now that it's establishing itself as a comfy comedy rather than the action drama so many were expecting.
Apr 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2008
This was the most disgusting food I've ever seen in anime. It made me feel sick a little... I guess it says something about animation being "impressive". Cygames is flexing so hard with all that money out of murdered wallets. Also, the hell is with subs, why is Kyaru called Karyl in them?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 20, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm, really nice to get 3 more cute lolis to the show... As a shadowverse player, i only recognize Kyouka tho...
Seems like they still hide Kaiser's full appearance, n somehow Karyl refers Kaiser as her, rather than him, like in the game.
And still dunno whats up with the fainting horn girl, n blonde sword girl tho...
Can't wait for the the appearance of my best girl, Pudding-chan, aka Izumo Miyako-nano...
lswarmrulerApr 20, 2020 1:48 PM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 20, 2020 1:52 PM

Jan 2016
A really solid show so far!
Apr 20, 2020 1:54 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
Hmm, really nice to get 3 more cute lolis to the show... As a shadowverse player, i only recognize Kyouka tho...
Seems like they still hide Kaiser's full appearance, n somehow Karyl refers Kaiser as her, rather than him, like in the game.
And still dunno whats up with the fainting horn girl, n blonde sword girl tho...
Can't wait for the the appearance of my best girl, Pudding-chan, aka Izumo Miyako-nano...
I call her/him homo empress though.. lol.. Also, cant wait for appearance of my in-game waifus in this anime.. (Pudding-chan is indeed kawai..!)
theENTERApr 20, 2020 1:58 PM
Apr 20, 2020 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
This show is so fun!

So the MC gave a rice ball to the girl who collapsed and then just left... I love how the music cut out when he asked her if she was hungry lol. I don't know how to interpret the girl's reaction but I'm interested...

Karyl's pouts are too cute for this world. And holy crap, that blonde girl who talked to her is really hot. All the girls on this show are cute or hot or both.

Of course Rina Hidaka and Yui Ogura would voice lolis xD. They are adorable!

With the guild established, let's see what adventures await them.
Apr 20, 2020 2:19 PM

Apr 2015
@theENTER who is ur priconne waifu? All of my knowledge of this anime is only about girls that appear in the Shadowverse game tho. Other than them i'm totally a blank...

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 20, 2020 2:20 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
The konosuba staff really know how to direct this anime. The anime took a different path from the game.

Expecting more fun eps from this anime.
Apr 20, 2020 2:27 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
@theENTER who is ur priconne waifu? All of my knowledge of this anime is only about girls that appear in the Shadowverse game tho. Other than them i'm totally a blank...
Wow I did heard shadowverse had collab with priconne but didnt expect that much of characters would be available...among those characters you have shown me, Illiya is my no 1 favorite in priconne..(p.s. I would have played shadowverse too but had bad memories with heartstone which is similar to this game and My wallet cant handle more gacha games..)
theENTERApr 20, 2020 2:55 PM
Apr 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
Fun episode, not sure if I want to taste insects
Lots of cute girls but Kyaru is the best
Apr 20, 2020 3:14 PM

Jan 2015
Really good episode, it was fun and good production values as always
Apr 20, 2020 3:21 PM
Jul 2016
SkyLETV said:
that blonde girl who talked to her is really hot. All the girls on this show are cute or hot or both.

Just played the game few weeks ago since I love the 1st eps. And it didn't take long enough for me to get the blonde woman. Her name is Christina and her ulti ridicously really deal high dmg.

Anyway, I heard people keep saying this anime take diferent route from the game story and... yes, the anime is no longer just giving us konosuba references, but at this point it felt like they try to copy it. Still overall I enjoy this anime. I hope the anime can proof that the rating is wrong.
Apr 20, 2020 3:22 PM

Apr 2020
SkyLETV said:
This show is so fun!

So the MC gave a rice ball to the girl who collapsed and then just left... I love how the music cut out when he asked her if she was hungry lol. I don't know how to interpret the girl's reaction but I'm interested...

Karyl's pouts are too cute for this world. And holy crap, that blonde girl who talked to her is really hot. All the girls on this show are cute or hot or both.

Who is that blonde girl?she looks like someone from Tate No Yuusha
SkyLETV said:
This show is so fun!

Who is that blonde girl?she looks like someone from Tate No Yuusha
Apr 20, 2020 4:05 PM

Mar 2019
Pecorine is my spirit animal, I have to learn a lot form her. She could easily win all the "All u can eat" competitions. All those eater should learn from her.

Finally a good guild with best name. Discover goumet food, I would join directly.
Apr 20, 2020 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
Move over Shokugeki, this is the cooking Anime of Spring 2020!!

Who knew that Pecorine can also cook! She's like the perfect package, cute, strong and can cook!! (Eventho it was with bugs...) That dude was honestly a bit disgusting, but I love the part with the Angels trying to pull out the confession that the food is good, such a Shokugeki thing to do!

So Karyl made up her mind and joined the guild as well!

This is going to be a hidden gem this season for me, I didn't think I would enjoy this so much!

Apr 20, 2020 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
That Girl with the Horns who Yuuki gave food to. Eriko, was SUPER hot. However looking who she was I found out her Tendencies and I am SUPER excited to see more of her. <3

No :x Face from Kokkoro this episode That's slightly disappointing.

The episode overall was fantastic though and had me laughing throughout.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 20, 2020 5:40 PM
Feb 2020
The only redeeming thing about this anime is the colors, Kokkoro and the Cat girl.

I can already tell this is just going to turn into one of those shows where everyone is cute so people start ranking girls cause nothing else is good about this anime. The only characters i actually enjoy seeing are the Cat girl and Kokkoro because everyone else is just retarded. Miss Pecorine is literally only relevant to the plot because she eats food, she isnt good for anything else. I mean i guess she is the strongest out of the team right now but it barely matters. The male lead guy might as well be booted off of the story of jump off a bridge to never be seen again until the last episode cause hes the worst character of them all. I've never seen a mc so retarded, he understands the language but cant speak it tf (sorry if im offending someone). The mc literally hasnt done anything in three episodes other than follow Kokkoro around and Miss Pecorine. Even the lyrical whatever guild with the three underage lolis where more useful than him and all they did was sit down.
Best girl goes to Kokkoro.
Apr 20, 2020 6:27 PM

Dec 2014
Damn that was disgusting...eating bugs hmm
Apr 20, 2020 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Those bugs really look good to eat just like a french fries
Apr 20, 2020 6:50 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
The slightness of its mood, the wonder of its art... This anime promises a lot, and it feels it's kind of underrated...

Apr 20, 2020 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Those episodes are so colorful and energetic that I find it quite hard to not end every episode with a shining smile in the face!
Apr 20, 2020 9:03 PM

Jan 2019
I really did not expect to enjoy this episode so much after being unimpressed by the first two. Gladly I gave it another chance. I may not keep up week to week with this show, but I'll keep it in my back pocket as something to relax with.

I hope now that Karyl isn't on an assassination mission anymore her character doesn't become one dimensional.

That bad boy was one thicc ass boy!

I would love with all my heart to see Kokkoro get sick of babysitting our male lead, but unfortunately I don't see this show having that level of conflict.
Apr 20, 2020 9:15 PM

Feb 2015
dlxuniuniu said:
Pecorine is my spirit animal, I have to learn a lot form her. She could easily win all the "All u can eat" competitions. All those eater should learn from her.

Considering how many plates she cleaned off (and didn't show any signs) Pecorine clearly has a pocket universe for a stomach!
mokhoriApr 20, 2020 9:19 PM
Apr 20, 2020 9:41 PM
Jan 2017
So, is this a cooking show, now? Is that how it works? In all honesty, though, this episode was fantastic! I'm really enjoying the character portrayals in this show. Underneath her cheerfulness, Percorine can be a real badass and I'm interested to see how will Kiruya's character arc will develop. Princess Connect! Re:Dive is shaping up to be one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 20, 2020 11:47 PM
Aug 2018
lswarmruler said:
pecorine became my favourite cuz I am a swordcraft player and i just loved pecorine, so i kinda have a bias towards her but I must say, kokkoro is very sweet
Apr 21, 2020 12:05 AM

Feb 2017
That big ass dude was disgusting AF xD
Peco if love peco is life <3
& idk why kyaru feels so indebted to whoever is her master.
Kokkoro also continues to be really cute
Apr 21, 2020 12:36 AM
Apr 2009
Episodes are getting quite a bit better. Animation quality still good, but at least the story has some direction now.

Because of the third episode, it does look like the story is going to take a completely different direction than the game, which is probably pretty good fanservice to the players of the game (especially since many parts of the game's story are fully animated anyway).

After watching the first three episodes, my guess is that the extra girls will not actually play a major part in the anime.

For example: In the first episode of the anime—Kokkoro and Yuuki should have met the clumsy maid while looking at the job board (she falls and Yuuki catches her). That's pretty much the beginning of the game right after the prologue. In the second episode when the team found the unconscious Karyl, the pink-haired healer Yui should have been with them. Neither of these characters have even had a cameo appearance yet.

I suspected that the story would not actually include the extra girls as major characters by then..but this episode kinda sealed it by adding more cameos. Without spoiling the game for anyone wanting to play—Christina (blonde hair buxom woman), had a much more dramatic and impactful introduction in the game. Since she was casually introduced now instead, we will likely not see her actual jaw-dropping introduction that she had in the game.

Oh well, as long as I get to see an Ilya headpat sometime, I'll be happy.
Apr 21, 2020 1:05 AM

Oct 2007
A cooking episode. Would have liked to eat Pecorine's cooking, they look delicious. Anyone who waste food must be thrown out!

Also some more girls were shown. Although they were not named. A guild of only lolis... hmm, Mya-nee (from Wataten) would like to be in that. :D

Karyl still the tsundere cat. She really adds a lot to the show.

Kokkoro still best girl. :3

Looking forward to next week! :)

did not expect them to be vtubers now. xD
I hope these get english subs, looks fun.

Apr 21, 2020 4:18 AM

May 2019
Well this turned into food wars reaaal quick hahaha

Honestly, though, the characters are engaging and the world building sound; I'm glad this anime seems to fit within its bubble neatly.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 21, 2020 5:45 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Liddo-kun said:

did not expect them to be vtubers now. xD
I hope these get english subs, looks fun.

The video is more like like an anime special than vtuber video, they didn't interact with the viewers. Their conversation is similar to the ones in the game. Yea, someone should try adding these special episodes on MAL.

The video is about their 1 year meeting anniversary and the food they cooking before a broadcast.
Fuwa_sanApr 21, 2020 7:30 AM
Apr 21, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, nice that the red nosed guy is voiced by Shigeru Chiba(he's also lending his voice to Buggy)

Another fun episode and I love the "gourmet" direction the series has taken now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2009
And again, our MC is like a clueless robot.
Apr 21, 2020 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
Rice is the best cure lol, need more Eriko!
Loved Kyaru's reactions when presented with the bugs.
nerfxApr 21, 2020 7:11 AM
Apr 21, 2020 9:49 AM
Mar 2019
Best episode so far :D
Apr 21, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
god the MC is based
Apr 22, 2020 12:13 AM
Mar 2019
Man, it's nice to just sit back relax and enjoy a series every now and then without having to do too much thinking.

This is one of those series, and it's strange because i didn't think i'd like it, yet, here i am loving it! :D

Looking forward to where this goes, however simple (or not) the plot may be.
Apr 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
That sequence near the beginning where a gravely injured girl came out of nowhere and collapsed on the street, then the MC just dropped a riceball in front of her and left and finally the look on the girl's face afterwards was oddly hilariously to me. lol
Apr 22, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
Move over Shokugeki, this is the cooking Anime of Spring 2020!!
YEA! Got that right!

Karyl is just basically suffering on her own, more of that tsundere cat feeling.

As usual, Pecorine is the foodie master...but she eats a lot like a glutton that never ceases.

And now this anime wants to become the foodie show of the season, which I wouldn't fault if it's gonna go this way. All it does is to make me sit back and relax like I'm watching a waifu version of Food Wars.

EW...totally eating bugs, this isn't Fear Factor, but like a kiddie version of it.

Instead, kinda liked this episode NGL, brought smiles.

And finally, the 4 of them are a guild, a foodie guild. Quite excited to see what's in store!
Apr 22, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
That fat guy gave me a deja vu of Sponge Bob

My Candies:

Apr 22, 2020 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
lswarmruler said:

let me guess, those 3 lolis are voiced by Morohoshi Sumire, Ogura Yui, Hidaka Rina!

Apr 22, 2020 7:47 PM
Oct 2007
matias067 said:
lswarmruler said:

let me guess, those 3 lolis are voiced by Morohoshi Sumire, Ogura Yui, Hidaka Rina!

Rina Hidaka as Mimi
Sumire Morohoshi as Misogi
Yui Ogura as Kyōka
Apr 23, 2020 12:30 AM

Oct 2017
Those bug dishes looked delicious, how crazy is that. They finally made their guild, so the adventure begins now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This anime isn't funny

Keanan88 - Jun 11, 2020

34 by Kristiwazhere »»
Feb 28, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2020

132 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2020

179 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

106 by TanzimFarhad »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:52 AM

» adaptation

Nickthegreat - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Whyyouask »»
Aug 7, 2023 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.