Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, another well done episode. It must be tough being Adachi lol. And also, this episode didn't waste time with those two getting their Personas out.

I like how the action was coordinated this episode; almost feels like the Persona classics. Yu was awesome this episode of course.
Stark700Aug 21, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 21, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
Nice to see Adachi vs Narukami again. Looks like Marie remembers now and disappears.
babymilo91Aug 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Aug 21, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
At first I was like why does he have Mada when he used Pyro Jack in Persona 4,then I was like "Oh yeah this is NG+" :D

Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 21, 2014 12:42 PM
Nov 2011
Too much feels. Adachi now my husbando. I give him lots of love and cabbages. Yes.

Yu can really pack a punch. lol
Aug 21, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Yu and Adachi at the beginning. A little sad thought they would give me 'scene' but oh well. Glad they kept the whole Yu going out and meeting Adachi. Oh man thanks A-1 seeing both Izangi's was done great. Though boss battle against Adachi was what. I did enjoy seeing Helel being summoned Odin and the rest but I'm shock Yu was able to win with his fists since I would think Adachi would be trained to handle that. Well Marie finally remembers so its time to finally get some answers about her now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 21, 2014 1:20 PM
Nov 2011
Shaniyaz said:

Sh!t! Did Marie just disappear? Who is that person in the fog anyway? O.o

-------

Now with Marie disappearing, less people will give her less crap about her being the 'star' of the show. D:< She deservers all those memories. ;_; Marie-chan did good, -tear-

I predict this will be the order of the next coming episodes:
keeetzAug 21, 2014 1:46 PM
Aug 21, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
No OP.

Final battles. So Marie is related to the enemy somehow?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2008
Mess, mess mess mess mess, mess mess, mess. Mess.

This show is a mess, this episode is a mess, everything gets messier with every passing week.

It's cool that they're expanding Adachi's character, but they messed up just about everything else.

Poor Ameno-Sagiri...
Aug 21, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know what the complaining is about; this is the best episode yet.

Though I wish they would have shown what Adachi 'did' to Nanako when he reached out -- if anything, probably he pat her head. It was never explicitly stated (like most things Adachi) but I feel he had a soft spot for her.

Yu was OP 'cause he's OP. Did someone skip the first episode of Golden or...?
Aug 21, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2008
That song was amazing during the Izanagi battle. Anyone know the name?
Aug 21, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
Ah Adachi... Why are you such a cool character?! I really wish the game had moments like this to flesh him out more. In the game he just felt like a crazy dude doing it for the lols...

That battle theme! Do I hear me some Lotus Juice?!

Christmas time! And swagmaster invites them all of course... Prob not going to be anything romantic knowing how the animated adaptions are but still prob will be a hoot to watch!
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Aug 21, 2014 5:19 PM
Sep 2013
Lol Adachi just owned Yu in a debate so Yu just goes fuck this I'm gonna prove my point by pounding your face in!

It annoyed me that only Marie was "worried about him" and is the one who makes him "feel" better, it should've been everyone in IT not just her.

Overall this episode was good however, enjoyed more of Adachi's backstory as well as their fight again (the soundtrack played during it was awesome). Funny how Adachi put up more of a fight than Ameno-Sagiri it made me laugh how quickly he was taken out. (Especially as its the other way around in the game)

Also happy that Marie disappears afterwards as well like in the game. So next episode is going to be Christmas Dates? that's surprising as that isn't a Golden exclusive scene.
Aug 21, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
Tetsuya-Kun said:

No, it's an anime-original thing. Wait for the BD bonus OSTs.
Aug 21, 2014 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
Yu taught Adachi a good lesson! Marie start to remember about her past!
Aug 21, 2014 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
awesome that fight was epic
Aug 21, 2014 6:09 PM
Oct 2012
So can you really beat Ameno Sagiri that fast with Izanagi-Magtsu? cause dang that was just 1 hit KO!
Aug 21, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
No no no yes yes yes! don't even care about the lyrics just happy to hear a new battle BGM

pretty great episode looks like we'll be back to the events next week guessing pimpin Christmas eve with yu judging from the preview then Ski trip and the rest will be the ending stuff.
Aug 21, 2014 8:43 PM
Jun 2014
Another beautiful episode i do say so myself. I fell that everything was done well, great battle music. i thought it was going to leave a cliff hanger but Yu is to OP against bosses of the game to leave one. It ended nicely got me excited to see how there going to do the christmas part. I Can't wait to see it
Aug 21, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
With the exception of including Marie in nearly EVERY party member only golden-exclusive event, the anime is following it just fine.
Aug 22, 2014 1:12 AM

Mar 2013
It would have been better if the entire group was there to cheer Yu up instead of just Marie.
Aug 22, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2012
I always thought that Persona was awesome, until I started watching this anime.
The game should be good though, but the anime adaptation is just meh.
Aug 22, 2014 4:51 AM
Dec 2011
They should just show more of them hanging around. Fighting in persona is boring.
Aug 22, 2014 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
lol Yuu was like "fuck it, imma use all the strongest persona". Such was the perks of new game+ that he can use the strongest possible persona from every arcana.

I don't think Yu ever used Lucifer even in the original P4 anime XD
Aug 22, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
it's in the last episode, in P4A not P4GA haha
what's marie? because i didn't play the game, it look interesting in the rest 5 episode, can't wait!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 22, 2014 9:18 AM
Jun 2013
MoeGod said:
lol Yuu was like "fuck it, imma use all the strongest persona". Such was the perks of new game+ that he can use the strongest possible persona from every arcana.

He never used Helel, but he did use Lucifer vs Ameno Sagiri :D
Aug 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2010
Ameno-Sagiri being one shot like common fodder XD
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Aug 22, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck
this whole Ameno Sagiri fight was fucking bullshit
it's great that we get more Adachi and his fight was pretty neat too but what the fuck
that wasnt even a fight
Aug 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
Holy crab, I played the game and I have no idea what's going on like all the time. To me it feels like this anime has a Trolling level over 9000. Trying to imagine how it's for people who have no idea about the games. Isn't it horrible to watch characters popping out of nowhere and skipping plot like no tomorrow ?
Aug 22, 2014 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... when Yuu was beating the shit out of Adachi and started whaling on him...that was so satisfying, I'm not even hungry anymore.

Adachi...who do he think he is, a princess? What a little bitch.

Wait...so Yuu lost his memories about Marie after she found hers?

Ermahgerd...I wonder if Yuu is going to ask all the girls on the 24th for that if you know what I mean. I hope they have a "good time" together no matter what the outcome. But since he asked multiple girls, I think he's going to try and do what he did during that last train wreck of an outing. Next week can't come soon enough.
Aug 22, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2012
shadowtsunami said:

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
With the exception of including Marie in nearly EVERY party member only golden-exclusive event, the anime is following it just fine.

What do you mean?
So does the game not go back and follow the storyline of the original at all because this anime makes it seem like new characters aren't introduced, and the story line isn't explained properly.

......Uh no? The game still follows the plot of the original with just exclusive added Golden content along with Marie and a little EXTRA near the end.

This Anime is INTENTIONALLY not including the majority of the main MAIN plot because they already did all that in the original anime and they don't feel a point of repeating themselves for this one therefore they are just focusing on the exclusive golden content while using the context that in this anime Yuu's going through a new game plus playthrough(Which I find clever to be honest.).

I thought this was fairly obvious.
Aug 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2013
Ameno Sagiri's fight used to be so epic in P4A....
just wut is this...? 1 slash ko?
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 23, 2014 5:56 PM

Sep 2007
tucodon said:
MoeGod said:

He never used Helel, but he did use Lucifer vs Ameno Sagiri :D

Pfft, don't even need Helel or Lucifer. Just have Yoshitsune and Hassou Tobi the shit out of everything. GG gamebreaker.

shadowtsunami said:
b1GZZ said:
I always thought that Persona was awesome, until I started watching this anime.
The game should be good though, but the anime adaptation is just meh.

To be honest it is just this adaption. The original anime went far more in depth when concerning the story line and characters. The only thing P4GA has over P4A is art/animation.

DingoEnderZOE2 said:

What do you mean?
So does the game not go back and follow the storyline of the original at all because this anime makes it seem like new characters aren't introduced, and the story line isn't explained properly.

This anime is NOT a full on adaptation of the game. I think that's pretty obvious. This anime only animates the Vita exclusive scenes and Marie/Adachi's social links, thus it skips most of the main story. This version assumes the viewer has either played the game or watched the first P4 anime.
WasabiAug 23, 2014 6:10 PM
Aug 24, 2014 12:47 AM

Jan 2011
Noellage said:

This show is a mess, this episode is a mess, everything gets messier with every passing week.

It's cool that they're expanding Adachi's character, but they messed up just about everything else.

Poor Ameno-Sagiri...

Ya I'm dropping. It's been a chore every week. No redeeming properties. Not even a glint of what made the previous series ok to watch.
Aug 24, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
So no more Marie? Lame
My Candies:
Aug 24, 2014 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
Yasamura said:
Ameno Sagiri's fight used to be so epic in P4A....
just wut is this...? 1 slash ko?

Exactly what I thought. Ameno-Sagiri was a way harder boss than Adachi in both the game and the first anime adaptation - I had myself big problems with beating Mister Eyeball when I played Persona 4.

It was a pretty unecessary change.

Iolo said:
So no more Marie? Lame

Don't worry, she'll probably be back around episode 10-12.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
Lotus Juice in Persona 4 Golden? Great!
Awesome Yu vs Adachi, really a much better version than the one in P4 Animation.
I really want to know who is Marie, I guess next week we are going to know the answer.
Adachi's past is sad, I know, but that doesn't make you a killer.
Aug 26, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
they defeated ameno sagiri in 10 seconds omg
Aug 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
Really liked this episode, just like the last one. Got to see all the max S.Link personas for the main cast (except Marie's Kaguya, which I'm sure they are saving up for later). More Adachi back story, he was a pitiable character they captured that perfectly.

Did I just see the Playboy route for the Christmas Event next week. LOL if that's the case Valentines is going to be hilariously awkward.
Aug 28, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
They seem to have forgotten Marie?
That ''murder'' scene, it was so good.

Ski trip, ski trip!
Aug 28, 2014 7:48 PM
Oct 2008
Noellage said:
Tetsuya-Kun said:

No, it's an anime-original thing. Wait for the BD bonus OSTs.
when will that be released?
Nov 7, 2014 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
Noellage said:

Poor Ameno-Sagiri...

How exactly did they "mess up" everything else?

Nov 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
IZEROII said:
Noellage said:

Poor Ameno-Sagiri...

Ya I'm dropping. It's been a chore every week. No redeeming properties. Not even a glint of what made the previous series ok to watch.

This series is supposed to be a companion piece to the original Persona 4 The Animation.

Of course it isn't similar.

Jan 5, 2015 11:58 AM
May 2008
Wasn't gonna watch this but when I heard they doin Adachi's backstory I immediately started and oh boy except this and the last ep everything was really shitty. Who's that Marie exactly? Nah I don't care. I played a bit PQ and gosh she's so standart tsundere it hurts my brain.

Anyway nice episode because Adachi but they rushed the battles like woah what it /ended/? especially the last one .__.

I also lost motivation to watch this series but oh well I made it this far so yeah...
Jul 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
So much Adachi fanservice, makin this shit an 8 just cuz of that
Apr 24, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2012
Man, those battle scenes started and ended like a typhoon.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 2, 2017 5:22 PM

Mar 2017
The poem at the beginning was by far my favorite so far! Super badass LOL

I didn't expect Yu to be so aggressive during his fist fight with Adachi! Totally wiped the floor with him. :D

And I CAN'T believe Marie-chan is gone!? Please tell me it's a cruel joke!
Apr 21, 2020 7:11 AM

Jan 2017
It was very hard for me to beat Ameno-Sagiri

Am i a joke to Yu?
Jul 31, 2020 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
No wonder Adachi is so miserable, he was always a loner yearning for some bonds (not James Bond though). Nice at long last Yuu unlocked dark mode Izanagi with help of his bud Adachi, some real bro's. NG+ Yuu really speedrun Ameno-sagiri there lol.

Jul 7, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2018
More original scenes. I like how the anime tries to humanize Adachi more than the game. Watching the Golden anime was worth it even though I struggled with the first couple of episodes.
May 23, 2023 3:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I did like the addition to Adachi's backstory and seeing him as a student etc, the fight itself they just had to repeat it etc. Now it's time for the 3rd semester and Marie's development finally!

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

14 by hanekawastiddi »»
May 29, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.