Forum Settings
Forums
New
how many times you feel worthless?
Jan 10, 2020 6:11 AM

Jan 2009
inspired by some conversation i have today so we know insults makes us feel worthless but besides insults how many times do you feel worthless especially in real life or how society perceives you as? welp im NEET so ye i often feel this although as i grow older i begin to accept my own limitations (mainly health issues) so im becoming more content with what i have at least or i know my place on the social hierarchy more now a days so i voted sometimes

but how about you? and thoughts overall? do words like "git gud" motivates you to be better too or it has that opposite effect of worthlessness?

also there is a difference between destructive criticism and constructive criticism and usually i see a lot of destructive criticism here on the internet

degJan 10, 2020 6:49 AM
Jan 10, 2020 6:38 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Here's a quick question.

If I go to somebody who is working at a construction site and tell them that their acting skills are horrible will it make them feel worthless?

Is the problem in outside events or is it in you?
Jan 10, 2020 6:44 AM

Jan 2009
149597871 said:
Here's a quick question.

If I go to somebody who is working at a construction site and tell them that their acting skills are horrible will it make them feel worthless?

im not sure i get the example of construction workers having bad acting skills?

but i think we are social beings so we tend to compare ourselves to others anyway like in success and achievements
Jan 10, 2020 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
I used to feel worthless a lot in the past, but in time I have learned that there are people around me that love me. To them, I'm the opposite of worthless. And that cheers me up on bad days.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jan 10, 2020 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Illuminatli said:
I used to feel worthless a lot in the past, but in time I have learned that there are people around me that love me. To them, I'm the opposite of worthless. And that cheers me up on bad days.

ye that too social support can really make a good difference and make you have more of that self-worth
Jan 10, 2020 7:39 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
deg said:
149597871 said:
Here's a quick question.

but i think we are social beings so we tend to compare ourselves to others anyway like in success and achievements

The thing is that in order for an insult to work, certain conditions have to be met. This question will help you find some of the most common ones. Find and eliminate them.

Jan 10, 2020 7:39 AM

Jan 2017
I accepted my worthlessness to society on all possible levels a long time ago. I don't blame myself at all. Don't care for society in general.
Jan 10, 2020 7:41 AM

Sep 2019
Can't believe someone actually made this thread. I guess i'm not alone eh...

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 10, 2020 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
149597871 said:
deg said:

The thing is that in order for an insult to work, certain conditions have to be met. This question will help you find some of the most common ones. Find and eliminate them.

well social expectations are a bitch though especially if you grow up with a lot of promise and at times you do not want to make those expectations become disappointments

EDIT:

if we can easily eliminate that social expectations in our mind despite being a social animal then that will be great although in my case it took me years before i can even lessen those in my mind and im not sure if i can entirely eliminate them too
degJan 10, 2020 8:02 AM
Jan 10, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2015
Most of the time tbh I don't contribute to society nor do I think I'm useful to the people around me (even just as a friend/emotional support).

I honestly want to be a better person, or at least that's what I tell myself. But I'm such a unmotivated lazy fuck that instead of trying to be better I just hide in my room and try to be as little of a hindrance to others as possible.
Jan 10, 2020 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
@Mirai

lol your avatar fits very well on what youre saying but ye i struggle with getting motivated too thats why a lot of my favorite anime are hyper energetic shows like from Trigger studio
Jan 10, 2020 8:07 AM

Sep 2019
I feel worthless for almost all the time. I don't talk much and each time i'm with a friend i'm just afraid that he/she will think that i'm worthless... because i almost didn't speak a word at all.

But i feel better after i enter college. My friend said to me that it's all fine to just express what you think of. People usually rely on me and believe that it's better for me to talk more. It seems that my friends view me as a some kind of a leader. They always ask me to be in front of the class and lead everything.... be it presentation, class meetings, mc and so on....

I don't like it though.... sometimes i feel like a lamb for sacrifice. But oh well it wasn't all that bad because i get to express myself better. I still feel nervous whenever people talk to me. Sometimes i'm lost and don't know what to say. So the effects of my friends word of motivation is little to nothing. Well, at least it is not going into a bad way. I don't feel as much as worthless as i was before.

Jan 10, 2020 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
I tend not to compare myself with other people and their lives as it is pointless. So I don't feel worthless about anything. Don't get me wrong, I have bad days like everyone else but "worthless" is such a a strong word and I just don't feel it.
Jan 10, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
White_Hollow said:
I feel worthless for almost all the time. I don't talk much and each time i'm with a friend i'm just afraid that he/she will think that i'm worthless... because i almost didn't speak a word at all.

But i feel better after i enter college. My friend said to me that it's all fine to just express what you think of. People usually rely on me and believe that it's better for me to talk more. It seems that my friends view me as a some kind of a leader. They always ask me to be in front of the class and lead everything.... be it presentation, class meetings, mc and so on....

I don't like it though.... sometimes i feel like a lamb for sacrifice. But oh well it wasn't all that bad because i get to express myself better. I still feel nervous whenever people talk to me. Sometimes i'm lost and don't know what to say. So the effects of my friends word of motivation is little to nothing. Well, at least it is not going into a bad way. I don't feel as much as worthless as i was before.

you will get that confidence boost more in the future if you keep going with what you have, they say high IQ people or smart ones are usually the ones that have a lot of self-doubts anyway like impostor syndrome and your friends relying on you more tells me you are one of the smart ones

MySweetLucifer said:
I accepted my worthlessness to society on all possible levels a long time ago. I don't blame myself at all. Don't care for society in general.

im not sure about you lol but if you can really break away as much as possible (but not in a destructive way) from the human nature of being a social animal living in a society then great work because im sure it will take a lot of work to do
degJan 10, 2020 8:25 AM
Jan 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2019
deg said:
White_Hollow said:

you will get that confidence boost more in the future if you keep going with what you have, they say high IQ people or smart ones are usually the ones that have a lot of self-doubts anyway like impostor syndrome and your friends relying on you more tells me you are one of the smart ones

Ah i see... so that's what its called. An impostor syndrome...

It's kind of true, because most of the times i think people know better than i do. While in reality they are just the same as i am. I'm not used to think that people are the same as me. I still view myself as worthless even now. I think its because of my childhood. I'm afraid that people might think i only do things for my own advantage.

Thx for telling me about this syndrome.

Jan 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Jan 2009
@White_Hollow

yep no problem since impostor syndrome is a common thing especially among students they say
Jan 10, 2020 8:32 AM

Jan 2017
deg said:

im not sure about you lol but if you can really break away as much as possible (but not in a destructive way) from the human nature of being a social animal living in a society then great work because im sure it will take a lot of work to do

"Social Animal" mustn't mean that you care for everyone in society. I don't give a shit on most people. They can do nothing but fuck, eat, shit and die anyways.
Jan 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
MySweetLucifer said:
deg said:

"Social Animal" mustn't mean that you care for everyone in society. I don't give a shit on most people. They can do nothing but fuck, eat, shit and die anyways.

ye i can understand that reasoning especially in tough times that i can only care for a few people too anyway
Jan 10, 2020 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Don't be worthless, you're worth something, behave deg. You've been spewing this nonsense about " I hev mental illness", self deprecation shit for years now, it's honestly disgustng m8. You know you've got an internet addiction and all of this other shit, take some damn action and apply this knowledge and make a change.
Konbu is important
Jan 10, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
SuperHands said:
Don't be worthless, you're worth something, behave deg. You've been spewing this nonsense about " I hev mental illness", self deprecation shit for years now, it's honestly disgustng m8. You know you've got an internet addiction and all of this other shit, take some damn action and apply this knowledge and make a change.

easier said than done though i lack willpower and motivation (too lazy) and they say its part of the negative symptoms of my main health problem

EDIT:

>behave deg

reminds me of the Joker movie lol but i did not mean to make this thread a focus on me since some user who is feeling worthless here in the forums message me privately about some stuff that influenced this thread

degJan 10, 2020 11:17 AM
Jan 10, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
You mean, how many times a day? At least 20.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 10, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
People tend to want to do something great in life to give their life meaning, what they don't realize is that there's nothing bigger than yourself.

As long as I'm alive and have the capacity to learn I won't feel worthless
<Insert clever quote>
Jan 10, 2020 10:49 AM

Nov 2017
Actually never. But seeing this thread made me think about it and now I feel worthless. Thanks...!

plz @ me
Jan 10, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2009
024 said:
Actually never. But seeing this thread made me think about it and now I feel worthless. Thanks...!

lol social expectations is really a bitch sometimes
Jan 10, 2020 10:57 AM

Feb 2018
Sometimes. Every time one of those high school brat escapes my hands and screams all that "help me!" shit, I feel so useless and worthless that I can't even beat a high school girl. At least it does not happen with those of primary school, that would destroy my ego in small pieces.
Jan 11, 2020 9:34 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
deg said:
149597871 said:

well social expectations are a bitch though especially if you grow up with a lot of promise and at times you do not want to make those expectations become disappointments

EDIT:

if we can easily eliminate that social expectations in our mind despite being a social animal then that will be great although in my case it took me years before i can even lessen those in my mind and im not sure if i can entirely eliminate them too

So you let other people set goals for you and feel worthless if you don't achieve them?

I mean yes, if we measure people's value by how much they earn then yes, you are probably worthless, I am worthless, 99% of the users here are worthless, pretty much everyone you ever knew or met in your life is either worthless or of a very low value. And what the goal of that game even is? Become the richest person in the entire world and have nobody left to "compete" with?

This isn't an innate thing that needs some complicated surgery in order to be removed, you have control over your mind and your goals, you just let others influence you too much. Just because people are giving an advice/opinion or simply want you to take a certain path they believe is good for you, it doesn't mean that you have to actually do it.

So here's what I think you should do (of course you don't have to listen to me either):

Think about yourself, your strengths, weaknesses, things that make you happy/sad, etc. Get to know yourself better.

If you feel ready, decide what kind of person you truly want to become and set your own goals.

Never measure your value as person based on how close you are to those goals.

And of course the next time someone is telling you how you are still not a doctor, lawyer, astronaut, whatever, just tell them that you aren't trying or don't want to be one or maybe that you just don't think these paths are the most advantageous to you instead of letting it hypnotize you that those are the things that make you "worthy", whatever that even means at this point.

149597871Jan 11, 2020 9:43 AM
Jan 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
'Bout as often as I think Superman 64 is the greatest video game ever. So, never
Jan 11, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
149597871 said:
deg said:

EDIT:

So you let other people set goals for you and feel worthless if you don't achieve them?

I mean yes, if we measure people's value by how much they earn then yes, you are probably worthless, I am worthless, 99% of the users here are worthless, pretty much everyone you ever knew or met in your life is either worthless or of a very low value. And what the goal of that game even is? Become the richest person in the entire world and have nobody left to "compete" with?

This isn't an innate thing that needs some complicated surgery in order to be removed, you have control over your mind and your goals, you just let others influence you too much. Just because people are giving an advice/opinion or simply want you to take a certain path they believe is good for you, it doesn't mean that you have to actually do it.

So here's what I think you should do (of course you don't have to listen to me either):

Think about yourself, your strengths, weaknesses, things that make you happy/sad, etc. Get to know yourself better.

If you feel ready, decide what kind of person you truly want to become and set your own goals.

Never measure your value as person based on how close you are to those goals.

And of course the next time someone is telling you how you are still not a doctor, lawyer, astronaut, whatever, just tell them that you aren't trying or don't want to be one or maybe that you just don't think these paths are the most advantageous to you instead of letting it hypnotize you that those are the things that make you "worthy", whatever that even means at this point.

actually that is me in the past that i care about social expectations heck my whole auditory hallucinations are about this fake social scientists setting up expectations more lol but now a days like i said in the first post i accepted my own limitations and also im too lazy or unmotivated too anyway part of my negative symptoms too so ye i do not bother much with social expectations now a days but im just saying it took a lot of years to lessen that grip on me since its part of my delusions and hallucinations too
Jan 11, 2020 10:27 AM

May 2018
Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM

May 2014
I voted for sometimes since i think that fits me pretty well now. I used to think it very often up until a few years ago, but nowadays i'm more realistic. I have plenty of people who care about me and a job. Why would i have these things if i was worthless? Is what i think to myself. I still get down sometimes, albeit much more rarely these days, but even when i find myself thinking "i'm worthless", i just know it's not true at all and i'm just being silly. Calling myself worthless would be an insult to the people who care about me.
Jan 13, 2020 4:06 PM

May 2013
I'm sure any and all of us feel worthless at some point in our lives and we all have different ways to cope with it.

I personally cope by making myself useful to others and yes even in "that" way. Being useful to others means I always have a place and I am always desired for one thing or another.

But I am not like that all the time. When my mood is high I stand on my own really well and do what I enjoy. It is a nice balance of enjoying my life when it is good and making myself useful when I feel less than good.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 13, 2020 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
Too often. My worth is in things not seen as of value to society and sometimes forgotten or downplayed by individuals so it will fluctuate. To be seen as having any worth in this world as is you have to be in a status position.
Jan 13, 2020 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
never. am able bodied, willful, and have a list of life goals to do.
even if the worst occurs, i'll know i'll find my place in the world again eventually.
Jan 13, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on things like finances and goals and whatnot. I recently got laid off work (Like since early December of last year) so I've pretty much been feeling like a useless shit. Also if I'm not really working toward any goals or whatever I'll feel like a useless shit as well. If/when I'm working, and am actively pursuing goals, I usually don't feel that bad.

More topics from this board

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

47 by MinakoBestGirl »»
42 minutes ago

» Favorite places in the EU you have visited, and where in the EU would you like to go next

KiraraFan - Yesterday

10 by Pengawas »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe that u/maxwellhill is Ghislaine Maxwell?

Milzol - May 25, 2021

6 by Bruh69XD »»
1 hour ago

» What are you investing your money in? What are your goals?

removed-user - Nov 16, 2021

34 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Today

25 by Lambofgenesis »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.