Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2018
Zenitsu's going to get some development! I honestly really liked his character from the beginning (though I like Inosuke better) and it's nice to see his past and how he was constantly trying to run away, but then steadily began to face his fears. The designs of the spider demon who was attacking Zenitsu was both creepy and fascinating at the same time. I find it strange that the mother and daughter and one of the sons are all very humanoid, the father is a mix of human and spider, and another son is literally just a spider with a human head.
Jul 28, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2014
HOLY CRAP HOLYC RAP HOLY CRAP ZENITSU IS FREAKING POWERFUL AF!!!! HELL HE MIGHT EVEN BE THE STRONGEST ONE OUT OF OUR TRIO!!!

That lightning is way too convenient. Giving him lightning power AND a new hair color?? damn i'd rather get hit by lightning and get a quick, permanent dye, than spend a load of money getting a temporary dye.
Jul 28, 2019 3:24 PM

Mar 2017
Now I love Zenitsu so much. This dude is the best.

The situation is really complicated now. Tanjiro and Inousuke are fighting that demon and Zenitsu needs help too. When's the backup coming dammit.
Jul 28, 2019 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
I will probably still hate Zenitsu whenever he's going to yell, but damn, he grew on me and he was awesome. Nice flashbacks and finisher move, the feels were strong.

Also, here comes daddy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 3:38 PM
Mar 2015
Nice backstory for Zenistu. His never give up attitude and his perfection of his one form makes very powerful
Jul 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
An episode mostly dedicated to Zenitsu's backstory : interesting & needed ! But I was just a bit disappointed by the fact they did not expand on the guy he killed, unlike his mother last episode.
Jul 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2017
UFOtable is really going all in with this EPISODE, outstanding animation and DA! Truly Unlimited Budget Works!
Jul 28, 2019 5:02 PM
Jul 2019
I just can't deny that I'm waiting for the badass entrance of the pillars but I think we should wait till like episode 19 because I think that next one will be where they will fight giving everything and noticing they can't beat one of the 12 demons
Jul 28, 2019 5:53 PM

May 2010
I'm going against the grain, but the anime went downhill since the introduction of Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Their battle prowess won't make up for their annoying loud characters. It's not even a good comic relief, since it is not funny, but 100% annoying.

Too bad, I liked the initial dark tone of the anime and was giving it a solid 8, but now barely a 5.
Jul 28, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
Have to say the direction and plot is getting weaker since episode 10.
Pre ep 10 -> a 9 anime to me
Post ep 10 up til now -> a 7 anime now.

The plot is stretching and slowing down more and more every episode in with all the shouting, forced comedy, and flashback of everyone/ everything, it's as if the studio don't want to animate too many fights in a single episode.

Do Zenitsu really need to yell wherever he goes constantly?
After he showed up every mcs in the show literally talk in a shouting voice.

Glad that the demon of the episode does not get another stupid flashback this episode like the other ones which is a total waste of time on some unimportant random villain that only live for 1~2 episodes.
Ventus_SJul 28, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 28, 2019 7:10 PM

Oct 2017
Aohh said:
I'm going against the grain, but the anime went downhill since the introduction of Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Their battle prowess won't make up for their annoying loud characters. It's not even a good comic relief, since it is not funny, but 100% annoying.

Too bad, I liked the initial dark tone of the anime and was giving it a solid 8, but now barely a 5.

Hey, I'm actually 100% with you on this one.
This is exactly my thought for this show.
It lost the emotional string of previous episodes after those 2 showed up.
Jul 28, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2017
Well, so Tanjirou smelled the fear that mother demon spider felt and that's why he granted her a painless and merciful death, Tanjirou is a very kind boy.
Zenitsu on his side seems to be in serious trouble, not only is he lost in the forest, but also encounters another member of the demon spider family who looks repulsive and controls a lot of demon spiders and to make matters worse Zenitsu has been poisoned.
Zenitsu and his damn reactions are too hilarious, but his terrified face upon learning that he will become a spider made me feel sorry for the poor boy.

Today we had a look at Zenitsu's past, at the beginning of his training and it was expected that the boy has not changed anything, he was already cowardly and hysterical and finding out that he was struck by lightning made me laugh a lot, especially because that It's the reason Zenitsu has blonde hair.
The demon spider underestimated Zenitsu after seeing that he is a coward, but when Zenitsu became unconscious and he used his cool lighting breath technique again, the demon spider got nervous and threw all his slave spiders into attack, but Zenitsu drove them all away and launched a quick and lethal attack with which he managed to decapitate the demon spider.

Tanjirou and Inosuke meet the little sister demon spider and also with the father demon spider, who has an incredible strength and so we saw a very resistant body, since Tanjirou could not cut his arm (or we will simply have to wait until next episode if Tanjirou cut off his arm or not)

This episode was incredible, Zenitsu spotlight in this episode, we learned from his past and the inferiority complex that he has, but he has finally overcome during his trip and the good actions he has done and his lightning breath technique that apparently is the only one that knows and had a evolution compared to the episode where we saw it the first time, the animation was incredible at the time that Zenitsu killed the demon spider.
salbery755Jul 28, 2019 8:56 PM
Jul 28, 2019 9:05 PM
Jan 2016
We got some Zenitsu backstory, i found hillarious when he got hit by a thunder|

Zenitsu really shined this episode, he did an amazing fight, so badass!

Looks like inosuke and Tanjirou found "Father", looks like next episode will be against him!
Jul 28, 2019 9:11 PM
Mar 2018
Who said you cannot achieve great feats while being unconscious or sleeping. Zenitsu is the perfect example. In this world of multi-tasking; he showed us it's alright to learn one thing at a time and master it to its limit. It kind of reminded me of Rock Lee.
Jul 28, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2016
Ventus_S said:

Glad that the demon of the episode does not get another stupid flashback this episode like the other ones which is a total waste of time on some unimportant random villain that only live for 1~2 episodes.

You are missing the ball, these flashbacks help to emphatise the demons as victims as much as humans, that just enrich the story and give more meaning to each encounter, it makes sense why this series does it, especially for the story it tries to tell.

And i got bad news for you, because we are just getting started, from now on we got a lot of demon flashbacks (which i aprecciate)
Jul 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
DeepRiver said:
Ventus_S said:

You are missing the ball, these flashbacks help to emphatise the demons as victims as much as humans, that just enrich the story and give more meaning to each encounter, it makes sense why this series does it, especially for the story it tries to tell.

And i got bad news for you, because we are just getting started, from now on we got a lot of demon flashbacks (which i aprecciate)

The thing is we don't need flashback for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, especially those who only live for couple episodes.

The one in the demon slaying exam and the one that can move room around totally don't need a 5+ mins flashback. (Yes I can't even recall their name, showing how unimportant they are)
I bet in the original, it takes only 2 pages to go through those "flashback" because they clearly add nothing to the story and does not make me empathize them a single bit, nor does it add anything to the story.
Jul 29, 2019 1:41 AM
Oct 2014
fucking spider boy dude
Jul 29, 2019 1:56 AM
Dec 2017
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

The thing is we don't need flashback for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, especially those who only live for couple episodes.

The one in the demon slaying exam and the one that can move room around totally don't need a 5+ mins flashback. (Yes I can't even recall their name, showing how unimportant they are)
I bet in the original, it takes only 2 pages to go through those "flashback" because they clearly add nothing to the story and does not make me empathize them a single bit, nor does it add anything to the story.

The flashbacks are pretty much being adapted scene by scene without being stretched (barring the drum demons own) and they are a consistent part of the manga with a lot of the most emotional scenes coming from them . if they bug you so much I'd say you should just drop the series, not every demon gets them.both most.though, and future ones are longer
Jul 29, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

They are actually an essential part in the manga, and the flashbacks only get longer from now on (and of course they have some kind of influence in the overall story). I disagree that the first demon didn’t need a flashback, its purpose was pretty much clear, to remember us the viewers that they were once humans and they lose memories once they turn into demons and serve as Tanjirou’s character development
Jul 29, 2019 3:52 AM

Aug 2018
This sohw was great until Zenitsu. How much of that episode was him just shouting, its worse than Asta sometimes.So close to just giving up on that episode
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Jul 29, 2019 3:56 AM
May 2013
wasn't expecting such a rushed backstory for zenitsu. as usual, he's pretty cool when he's unconscious. unfortunately that's only been about 5 minutes of runtime.
Jul 29, 2019 4:54 AM

Apr 2018
rtil said:
wasn't expecting such a rushed backstory for zenitsu. as usual, he's pretty cool when he's unconscious. unfortunately that's only been about 5 minutes of runtime.
can you explain why and how his backstory is rushed?
Jul 29, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2016
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

Yes, those flashback add nothing to the plot progression, however, they are important to the theme and emotional beat of the story. You can't have a story that jump from plot point to plot point without the theme and the emotional beat, then it just become a powerpoint presentation of the story.
Jul 29, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2018
Zenitsu is cool in this episode! He's really cool if he stop being cry baby and always shouting. He experience a very hard childhood but please he should minimize being a cry baby because it's annoying!
Jul 29, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2016
Zenistu's gramp is a hashira, Ufotable did it again with those flashy amazing animations, that last move was epic, and beautiful.
Jul 29, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2018
Irondragon said:
Not only was this episode drawn out soo much it also focusted on the worst character in the show fucking Zenitsu. I hate his so much the episode is literally 90% of him screening and crying and we are supposed to feel bad for him? What a fucking waste of an episode.

Feel free to drop this show anytime because you'll be seeing a lot more of him.

Jul 29, 2019 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
Zenistu....... That is all
Jul 29, 2019 12:12 PM
Nov 2015
ThousandCuts said:
Lululand said:
Am I the only one who hate Zenitsu?

Is he suposedto be funny or something? I just think he's annoying.

It took you 7 eps. to finally realize that?

You both need get a bite from a spider specially black widows and sleep for ever.

I know you spamming alt account and reply your own account for spreading hate.

This place many trash human specially you, why many people spreading hate for anime? SJW and ofcouse no ban for trash people that do bait spamming hate in this community.

This is why Mal is bad.
redcobraJul 29, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 29, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2017
Zenitsu... This BADASS! It's this Zenitsu that I want to see more often!
Jul 29, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
Ventus_S said:
Have to say the direction and plot is getting weaker since episode 10.
Pre ep 10 -> a 9 anime to me
Post ep 10 up til now -> a 7 anime now.

The plot is stretching and slowing down more and more every episode in with all the shouting, forced comedy, and flashback of everyone/ everything, it's as if the studio don't want to animate too many fights in a single episode.

Do Zenitsu really need to yell wherever he goes constantly?
After he showed up every mcs in the show literally talk in a shouting voice.

man, I thought I was in the minority that thought the comedy felt forced. I don't mind the flashbacks but God the comedy tends to be so damn bad.

Like in the beginning it felt like it worked, but since episode 14 onwards it doesn't feel right to me. Also, the characters voice actors don't seem to be able to work comedy, at least in this series. Not sure if is is their fault, or that the jokes themselves aren't funny.
Jul 29, 2019 4:38 PM

Feb 2018
This episode only further confirmed that my favorite character is Zenitsu. It was so intriguing hearing some of his backstory and his inner thoughts. He is super badass, even if it's only in his sleeping form. And Chuntaro is adorable!

The spider demons are honestly super creepy. I can't wait to see how powerful one of the twelve are!
Jul 29, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2019
Just watched it on Crunchyroll!!! Yes Zenitsu my boy :') his backstory with the gramps is super cute and also who was that guy with a bell around his neck? For one second I thought it was Zenitsu's alterego that lets him be super strong but turns out nah Zenitsu just has always been strong but only once he's freaked himself out so hard he lets his subconscious do his thing as a demon slayer!

(btw anyone else totally in love whenever Zenitsu cries? Oh my god it's so cute)
可愛いいいいい!!!

かわいいねぇ
Jul 29, 2019 9:10 PM

Jan 2019
Holy that was awesome I wish Zenitsu knew how badass he really is
Jul 29, 2019 9:11 PM
Feb 2014
This episode has made Zenitsu my favorite male character of the show.
Jul 29, 2019 11:55 PM
May 2013
Jfs_ said:
rtil said:

because it was abridged in half of a single episode?
Jul 30, 2019 12:49 AM

Dec 2016
rtil said:
Jfs_ said:

Just because it didn't last couple of episode doesn't mean it rush. A good backstory is the one that flesh out the character, not how many episode it took. I think you too use to Naruto overlong backstory.
Jul 30, 2019 12:55 AM
May 2013
ExaltedChampion said:
rtil said:

Just because it didn't last couple of episode doesn't mean it rush. A good backstory is the one that flesh out the character, not how many episode it took. I think you too use to Naruto overlong backstory.

odd that you assume i've seen naruto (i haven't).

pacing is important in anime. overly fast pacing can be just as damaging as slow pacing.

there were too many cutaways in this episode and the fight suffered for it.

the fact that you think i'm wanting Zenitsu's flashback backstory to last "a few episodes" is entirely missing the point. the best backstories are pieced together along the way throughout their journey. good stories do this. bad stories throw everything in your face when the author realizes they wasted a bunch of time and now they have to feed the audience with backtracking story beats or it won't make sense.

and i predict that after this, Zenitsu will spend a few brief moments reflecting on what happened then go right back to screaming and crying about everything.
Jul 30, 2019 3:29 AM

Apr 2018
Holy shit the animation is so good. Zenitsu is such a badass even with that one move. Also, his background story was kind off heartwarming
Jul 30, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
ThousandCuts said:
Irondragon said:
Not only was this episode drawn out soo much it also focusted on the worst character in the show fucking Zenitsu. I hate his so much the episode is literally 90% of him screening and crying and we are supposed to feel bad for him? What a fucking waste of an episode.

To be honest I'm really struggling right now I'm interested in Tanjirou & Nezuko's story but I'm on the bring of dropping the show because of Zenitsu. He is just the worst! Seriously how can anyone think he is in the slightest bit funny or endearing. Every time he is on screen I have to lover my volume all the way down because 90% of the time he is just screening like a lunatic or crying like the little bitch he is. What is there to like? Just because he can use a cool lighting technical once in a while? Oh yeah because shounen anime have suddenly run out of badass characters and we need mf Zenitsu to fill in.
Jul 30, 2019 3:40 AM
Dec 2017
Irondragon said:
ThousandCuts said:

To be honest I'm really struggling right now I'm interested in Tanjirou & Nezuko's story but I'm on the bring of dropping the show because of Zenitsu. He is just the worst! Seriously how can anyone think he is in the slightest bit funny or endearing. Every time he is on screen I have to lover my volume all the way down because 90% of the time he is just screening like a lunatic or crying like the little bitch he is. What is there to like? Just because he can use a cool lighting technical once in a while? Oh yeah because shounen anime have suddenly run out of badass characters and we need mf Zenitsu to fill in.

I don't like him cause he's badass once in a while, I like him the most of the characters cause his back story is rather sympathetic, I find his insecurities relatable and want to see him work through them and I just generally like characters that try their best despite their low opinion of themselves. And yeah I find his antics funny, voice be damned. I actually like his screams a lot
Jul 30, 2019 3:51 AM
Dec 2017
Kimetsu
rtil said:
ExaltedChampion said:

pacing is important in anime. overly fast pacing can be just as damaging as slow pacing.

the fact that you think i'm wanting Zenitsu's flashback backstory to last "a few episodes" is entirely missing the point. the best backstories are pieced together along the way throughout their journey. good stories do this. bad stories throw everything in your face when the author realizes they wasted a bunch of time and now they have to feed the audience with backtracking story beats or it won't make sense.

and i predict that after this, Zenitsu will spend a few brief moments reflecting on what happened then go right back to screaming and crying about everything.

Kimetsu no yaiba always had a brisk pacing. We go through a two year time skip in one episode and the characters never stop moving. One of my criticisms of the adaptation is their tendency to drag out a few episodes even. Zenitsu's insecurities and issues were hinted since the house arc (with him struggling between finding the courage to save the kid and his staunch refusal to accept Tanjirou calling him strong) and even then his back story isn't over yet, this is just a way to explain his mindset as he's a supporting character so the spotlight won't always be on him and his back story isn't over yet (obviously they need to shed some light on the second student)

And yes his personality won't do a 180° as he has obviously not gotten over is issues by the episode's end and he still has more growing to do but that will be in later arcs as the spotlight will be on Tanjirou for a good while after even if he's still present. Also there isnt a singular way to do a backstory
Jul 30, 2019 3:57 AM
May 2013
Mami-kouga said:
Kimetsu
rtil said:

Kimetsu no yaiba always had a brisk pacing. We go through a two year time skip in one episode and the characters never stop moving. One of my criticisms of the adaptation is their tendency to drag out a few episodes even. Zenitsu's insecurities and issues were hinted since the house arc (with him struggling between finding the courage to save the kid and his staunch refusal to accept Tanjirou calling him strong) and even then his back story isn't over yet, this is just a way to explain his mindset as he's a supporting character so the spotlight won't always be on him and his back story isn't over yet (obviously they need to shed some light on the second student)

And yes his personality won't do a 180° as he has obviously not gotten over is issues by the episode's end and he still has more growing to do but that will be in later arcs as the spotlight will be on Tanjirou for a good while after even if he's still present.

i'm not expecting him to completely change as a character overnight, i am expecting that with each passing arc he learns something or a part of him changes. otherwise, what's the point?

the problem with this anime overall - and this is not just a problem with Zenitsu - is that almost every moment of tension or seriousness between the main characters is immediately followed by a gag joke or slapstick comedy moment. how are these characters supposed to grow or change if they can never have a normal conversation? it's been going on since the moment all 3 of them met and it's exhausting.

Also there isnt a singular way to do a backstory

no, but there are good and bad ways. if there are no rules to telling a good story, no one would know how.
Jul 30, 2019 4:39 AM
Dec 2017
rtil said:
Mami-kouga said:
Kimetsu

And yes his personality won't do a 180° as he has obviously not gotten over is issues by the episode's end and he still has more growing to do but that will be in later arcs as the spotlight will be on Tanjirou for a good while after even if he's still present.

i'm not expecting him to completely change as a character overnight, i am expecting that with each passing arc he learns something or a part of him changes. otherwise, what's the point?

the problem with this anime overall - and this is not just a problem with Zenitsu - is that almost every moment of tension or seriousness between the main characters is immediately followed by a gag joke or slapstick comedy moment. how are these characters supposed to grow or change if they can never have a normal conversation? it's been going on since the moment all 3 of them met and it's exhausting.

Also there isnt a singular way to do a backstory

no, but there are good and bad ways. if there are no rules to telling a good story, no one would know how.

I'd say the point is to understand why a character like him would take up this job and understand what goes through his head a bit better. I'll also say that I don't agree with your verdict on this counting as a bad back story as a result, but as I am admittedly quite biased towards this character I'll just settle on agree to disagree
Jul 30, 2019 4:41 AM
May 2013
Mami-kouga said:
rtil said:

I'd say the point is to understand why a character like him would take up this job and understand what goes through his head a bit better. I'll also say that I don't agree with your verdict on this counting as a bad back story as a result, but as I am admittedly quite biased towards this character I'll just settle on agree to disagree

well i am an anime-only and i've heard the tired "they get better" argument for things especially Zenitsu and honestly at this point i am only still watching because of the demons and the battles.

it's really hard to root for a character who is actively annoying at all times possible.
Jul 30, 2019 5:00 AM

Dec 2016
rtil said:
ExaltedChampion said:

My point still stand, the best backstory and flashback provide insight to the characters. The way they show it doesn't as important. There many way to show flashback and backstory and none of them can be considerate the best, but depend on the characters and situation difference methods are use, right tool for the right job. The method you described work better with series that focus is single character but not as good when use for series that focus in many characters. Also important flashback usually show up during moment of great important for the character, like here when Zenitsu is close to death.
Jul 30, 2019 5:03 AM
Dec 2017
ExaltedChampion said:
rtil said:

My point still stand, the best backstory and flashback provide insight to the characters. The way they show it doesn't as important. There many way to show flashback and backstory and none of them can be considerate the best, but depend on the characters and situation difference methods are use, right tool for the right job. The method you described work better with series that focus is single character but not as good when use for series that focus in many characters. Also important flashback usually show up during moment of great important for the character, like here when Zenitsu is close to death.

I'm.not going to continue arguing with you so have a nice day. You can call it my own cowardice or whatever, but the device I'm typing on is difficult to use so that's just that
Jul 30, 2019 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
This is just my theory, I think all of the members of Twelve (i don't know) has families.
Jul 30, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
I knew I was stanning greatness.
Cannot wait for even more development on Zenitsu and his confrontation with a certain bitter and jealous person of his past. Zenitsu Agastuma God of Lightning and Lord of the Thunder ❤
Jul 30, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2008
Zenitsu's breath of thunder style is impressive
Jul 30, 2019 3:22 PM

May 2013
lmaooooo. Looks like the baby head spider in Toy Story that belonged to the neighbor boy Sid xP

Zenitsu bby <33333333 I love him. He needs all da hugs ^.^ Hope he gets well soon~ I would not mind gifting our sweet princess Nezuko to him (prolly) ;P
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1098 by MrGuz »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

352 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 19, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

303 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 19, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

282 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 19, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2019

192 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 17, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.