Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which Series Has The Strongest Characters?
Apr 16, 2019 12:24 PM

Dec 2018
The fact that Aqua’s Turn Undead actually did damage to Ainz kinda got me thinking about how strong the characters are compared to each other. I mean originally I was thinking that obviously the Overlord characters would be insanely overpowered compared to everyone else but what do you guys think?

I know nothing here is canon but ya know, kinda interesting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2019 6:19 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The second the show was announced I was eagerly awaiting the inevitable gag of Aqua using turn undead on Ainz lol, although I'm a bit disappointed he wasn't hilariously rolling around on the ground in pain like the Dullahan was in Konosuba.

I think clearly Overlord's characters are the most OP, their own show sets them up to be that way. No attack ever affects them and they themselves can just one shot everything. After that probably Tanya The Evil just because they have guns and there ain't nothing the Konosuba characters or Re:Zero characters can do about bullets. After that it's kind of a tossup between Konosuba and Re:Zero since all the characters are useless except Megumin from Konosuba and Rem from Re:Zero. This is of course assuming Puck doesn't go all God mode in which case Re:Zero would be at the top of all four shows since Puck can literally freeze over the entire world in that mode.
KyotosomoApr 16, 2019 6:28 PM
Apr 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Feb 2019
Overlord is the strongest, tanya is strong too if you have read the LN You'd know it but she's not OP like ainz is but can def take on konosuba & Re:zero

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 16, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
Overlord.

Ainz-sama is the strongest. Even Puck is nothing compared to him.
Apr 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
As the others said, Overlord wins 10/10. Overlord beats them all combined, doubled and then tripled. I'd bet even Puck, at full blast, would get his ass beat.

Next would probably be Tanya due to magic X technology advancements, then ReZero, then KonoSuba. ReZero does have Puck and Reinhard which would give Tanya a run for her money, it's probably a toss-up, but I'd be willing to bet on long range magic & technology, especially at the eventual nuclear level. KonoSuba's characters are weak, Aqua is a meme who can only hurt the undead, Darkness a punching bag, Megumin a one pump; explosions are all well and good, but she never took down that castle, and Kazuma a punchline with decent luck.

The turn undead part was a joke, and Ainz was noticeably unhurt, not unlike the Angel encounter. It was noticeably painful, but hurt? Let alone significant damage? I doubt it.

All that said, this whole anime is a meme and as Ainz said, the power continuities in this anime are probably going to be ridiculous inconsistent for the lulz.
Apr 16, 2019 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
Are we talking the series' in their own universes, with all named characters available to choose from, or within the Isekai Quartet universe with only the selected characters available?

If the former, I'd give the edge to Overlord. There's a lot of seriously broken abilities in that world that just put all the others to shame: reality warping, time manipulation, resurrection, existence erasure, etc. and none of them are particularly rare or hard to accomplish either.

Re:Zero would be runnerup IMO, mostly because a lot of the top level antagonists are capable of similar things to the Overlord crew, but with more restrictions.

Never seen Tanya, so I can't comment.

And Konosuba is literally a parody show meant more as a meme than anything else, so it ranks last.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Apr 16, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2018
I was going to say Tanya but I haven't seen Overlord. Seems Overlord is the winner here though.
Apr 16, 2019 8:37 PM
Jan 2019
Let’s be honest here overlord most likely has the most powerful and op powers and spells and the like, so it comes in first. I haven’t seen tanya but from what I’ve heard it’s most likely second and since konosuba is a meme it’s last.(but clearly aqua could smite all them, easy mode)
Apr 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Jan 2019
Power Rankings within their respective worlds:

1.) Overlord
2.) Re:Zero
3.) Tanya
4.) KonoSuba

Did you know every time you sigh,
a little bit of happiness escapes?

Apr 17, 2019 5:45 AM
Jun 2017
Among the 4 its overlord who are OP. But nice try to Aqua for that direct attack. Hahaha
Apr 17, 2019 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
If it's about the characters in the show, Overlord wins.
But if its the full set of each anime I think Re:Zero wins.
Apr 17, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2017
I think Re-Zero,simply because of Subaru's Return By Death.
No matter how many times anyone killed him,he'd come back,and be able to try and avoid that fate.
Though it would be amusing if say Albedo or Megumin kept one-shotting him after he came out from the toilet,or they caught him peeking,imagine being stuck in that loop :)
Apr 17, 2019 6:24 PM
Nov 2016
Starhammer said:
I think Re-Zero,simply because of Subaru's Return By Death.
No matter how many times anyone killed him,he'd come back,and be able to try and avoid that fate.
Though it would be amusing if say Albedo or Megumin kept one-shotting him after he came out from the toilet,or they caught him peeking,imagine being stuck in that loop :)
Actually, the people that get killed in Overlord are the lucky ones. Subaru would just be restrained and tortured eternally. The only people that would likely pose a threat to the Overlord characters would be like someone else said Reinhard and Puck.
Apr 20, 2019 5:30 AM

Jul 2015
Youjo Senki/Tanya the evil actually has the strongest characters among all these.

Existence X is the one who created all the universes in the Youjo Senki verse and he has the ability of Time stop and I heard several other God tier characters have appeared in the manga.

Next comes Re Zero, characters like Reinhard and Satella are solid level continent level characters.They are stated to be strong enough to easily destroy the world, (which has a surface area equivalent to 39.4% of Earth)

Third is Overlord series.

And fourth comes Konosuba,but Aqua is a top tier character.Her stats are equivalent to level 100 characters and her nerfed mortal state,if she doesn't suffer from stupidity,is individually stronger than any Overlord characters including Ainz.
Arjuna777Apr 20, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 20, 2019 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
Konosuba of course.
Have you seen how ruthless Kazuma is?!
No sane being would dare oppose him.
Apr 30, 2019 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
No shit, Aqua is actually the strongest one here, she is just way to incompetent. Her low level spell didnt kill Ainz, right, but look at what the AOE did to everyone else

Otherwise the world of Re:Zero has characters like Satella and Reinhardt and well Youjo Senki has being X

PS: Im actually surprised so many people said Overlord is on top, thats what they want you to think, sure, but they really are not when we consider the big bosses from other worlds.
Comander-07Apr 30, 2019 2:59 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 1, 2019 5:11 PM
Mar 2018
Wtf, why does konosuba have so many votes? Do people actually think Megumin can 1 shot them all even though Ainz and Puck have endured far more damage than that or is it just the trolls?
I bet even Subaru's shamak could eff up the whole Konosuba Cast XD
May 1, 2019 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
Comander-07 said:
No shit, Aqua is actually the strongest one here, she is just way to incompetent. Her low level spell didnt kill Ainz, right, but look at what the AOE did to everyone else

Otherwise the world of Re:Zero has characters like Satella and Reinhardt and well Youjo Senki has being X

PS: Im actually surprised so many people said Overlord is on top, thats what they want you to think, sure, but they really are not when we consider the big bosses from other worlds.

Your own post answered your question..... Aqua may have all those God Tier abilities which might even take out Ainz but she is so damn dumb that she is sure to get rekt before she can do anything. No one is Re: Zero is even close to any character in overlord in terms of power (maybe except Puck, but against all of them even he will fall).
Ainz is smart, has World Tier spells and resistances the others don't even know about and unlike characters in Konosuba/Re:Zero has actual technique and control over his power. On top of that, all characters from overlord and powerful and smart whereas in the others, most of the characters lack something.
May 1, 2019 6:32 PM

Sep 2014
MJROCKS05 said:
Comander-07 said:

Your own post answered your question..... Aqua may have all those God Tier abilities which might even take out Ainz but she is so damn dumb that she is sure to get rekt before she can do anything. No one is Re: Zero is even close to any character in overlord in terms of power (maybe except Puck, but against all of them even he will fall).
Ainz is smart, has World Tier spells and resistances the others don't even know about and unlike characters in Konosuba/Re:Zero has actual technique and control over his power. On top of that, all characters from overlord and powerful and smart whereas in the others, most of the characters lack something.
This isnt about who wins in a battle though. This is not some ainz vs shalltear just spam paid items moment. This is about raw power. Aqua is a literal goddess who can resurrect people easily.
Also, can you not read? Why are you talking about puck? Scratch that, since I never even asked a question the answer here is clere, lol.
Anyway, Satella and Reinhard and Being X are the names I gave you.

Subaru would just have to tell them about Satella and all of them would get killed, lol.

The worst thing about Overlord is easily the fandom. Its the only thing worse than the overlord adaption. Constantly wanking about super cool and stronku characters, while neglecting all of that is just in world BS.
May 2, 2019 8:20 AM

May 2012
1 Overlord
2 Tanya
3 Re:zero
4 KonoSuba

However, the guy from re;zero will always get revived. So he could keep trying but I don't think he can beat overlord no matter how many times he try.

May 2, 2019 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:
MJROCKS05 said:

This isnt about who wins in a battle though. This is not some ainz vs shalltear just spam paid items moment. This is about raw power. Aqua is a literal goddess who can resurrect people easily.
Also, can you not read? Why are you talking about puck? Scratch that, since I never even asked a question the answer here is clere, lol.

Subaru would just have to tell them about Satella and all of them would get killed, lol.

The worst thing about Overlord is easily the fandom. Its the only thing worse than the overlord adaption. Constantly wanking about super cool and stronku characters, while neglecting all of that is just in world BS.
This is a non-canon spinoff. And saying things like "literal goddess" is an entirely meaningless statement that would get you laughed at in a dedicated versus discussion forum.

When Ainz can massacre 130,000 soldiers with one of his so called "weaker" spells, manipulate weather with weak magic, revive the dead back with little effort, create the strongest military on the planet with more of his weaker skills, stop time, instant kill enemies, has abilities to bypass instant kill immunities, and can cast all of these with silent spells at the speed of thought. And he isn't even the strongest character from his series.

Speaking as someone who has frequented versus discussions/forums in the past, he has such a host of bullshit hax powers that it has even resulted in some suggesting that he be outright banned from versus discussions.

Oh, and complaining about the Overlord fandom is immature and low-class. For reference, of these four shows it is the lowest rated on MAL (8.08), and has lower viewership than all of them except Evil Tanya. Yet apparently via the poll it is overwhelmingly in the lead, which tells me plenty of people who think less of that show compared to the others voted for it. Really, having Konosuba in an overwhelmingly second place is probably more telling, because Re;Zero/Evil Tanya's cast are definitely more comparable than the 5x advantage the poll says.
BStrifeSword114May 2, 2019 3:33 PM
May 2, 2019 4:11 PM
May 2017
duhu1148 said:
Comander-07 said:

This is a non-canon spinoff. And saying things like "literal goddess" is an entirely meaningless statement that would get you laughed at in a dedicated versus discussion forum.

When Ainz can massacre 130,000 soldiers with one of his so called "weaker" spells, manipulate weather with weak magic, revive the dead back with little effort, create the strongest military on the planet with more of his weaker skills, stop time, instant kill enemies, has abilities to bypass instant kill immunities, and can cast all of these with silent spells at the speed of thought. And he isn't even the strongest character from his series.

Speaking as someone who has frequented versus discussions/forums in the past, he has such a host of bullshit hax powers that it has even resulted in some suggesting that he be outright banned from versus discussions.

Oh, and complaining about the Overlord fandom is immature and low-class. For reference, of these four shows it is the lowest rated on MAL (8.08), and has lower viewership than all of them except Evil Tanya. Yet apparently via the poll it is overwhelmingly in the lead, which tells me plenty of people who think less of that show compared to the others voted for it. Really, having Konosuba in an overwhelmingly second place is probably more telling, because Re;Zero/Evil Tanya's cast are definitely more comparable than the 5x advantage the poll says.

Ainz isn't so completely overpowered on versus boards that he is banned from most fights, at least from what i have seen, as there are undoubtedly characters that can match him or outhax him

now, Giorno Giovanna and Gold Experience Requiem on the other hand, is banned prematurely every time someone makes a "vs JoJo verse" fight unless stated otherwise
May 2, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
MABfan11 said:

Ainz isn't so completely overpowered on versus boards that he is banned from most fights, at least from what i have seen, as there are undoubtedly characters that can match him or outhax him

now, Giorno Giovanna and Gold Experience Requiem on the other hand, is banned prematurely every time someone makes a "vs JoJo verse" fight unless stated otherwise
Oh, I don't disagree. I was only saying I've seen it suggested a few times because his instant death/time stop/silent spells cast at the speed of thought are hax, and here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/aqp7e0/ainz_ooal_gown_matchups_all_go_the_exact_same_way/
BStrifeSword114May 3, 2019 2:36 PM
May 3, 2019 2:58 AM

Apr 2017
Overlord obviously, Ainz Ooal Gown is just too OP and can wipe out the Entire place rendering everyone useless and befall their demise. (for Subaru it's gonna be continuous... because of Return by Death)
Kirito_onlineMay 3, 2019 3:26 AM
May 3, 2019 6:10 AM

May 2016
Kirito_online said:
Overlord obviously, Ainz Ooal Gown is just too OP and can wipe out the Entire place rendering everyone useless and befall their demise. (for Subaru it's gonna be continuous... because of Return by Death)

lol kinda like doctor strange

dormammu I've come to bargain

May 3, 2019 5:04 PM

Apr 2017
Ponds667 said:
Kirito_online said:

lol kinda like doctor strange

dormammu I've come to bargain
Exactly! lol, only this time the Evil have it his way, since Ainz Ooal Gown is technically considered the Antagonist/Protagonist of his show.
May 4, 2019 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
duhu1148 said:
Comander-07 said:

Why does it matter if its a non canon spinoff? lol. Ofcourse it is since nobody got isekaid twice.
Luckily for me then Im not one of those hardcore nerds who refuse to take into account power scaling of different universes whenever they feel like it. And she is a literal goddess. I dont like it either.

Yare yare daze more fanboy talk nobody cares about. You dont even know if this sort of stuff works on a god. Thanks to yggdrasils brilliant game design people get immune when they are at a higher level. Who says Aqua isnt the level 200 equivalent and thus immune to everything?

Complaining about the overlord fandom is highly necessary and you just proved exactly why.
If we take ah fuck it you dont care anyway.
May 4, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:
duhu1148 said:

Why does it matter if its a non canon spinoff? lol. Ofcourse it is since nobody got isekaid twice.
Luckily for me then Im not one of those hardcore nerds who refuse to take into account power scaling of different universes whenever they feel like it. And she is a literal goddess. I dont like it either.

Yare yare daze more fanboy talk nobody cares about. You dont even know if this sort of stuff works on a god. Thanks to yggdrasils brilliant game design people get immune when they are at a higher level. Who says Aqua isnt the level 200 equivalent and thus immune to everything?

Complaining about the overlord fandom is highly necessary and you just proved exactly why.
If we take ah fuck it you dont care anyway.
No logic or relevant facts whatsoever. This wasn't even a properly formulated rebuttal. And your grammar is equally terrible.

The burden of proof lies with you to prove Aqua is some 'level 200 equivalent and immune to everything.' Otherwise you're just making crap up. What has she or any other Konosuba character done in that universe that has validated such when compared to an Overlord character? Can they stop time? Are they immune to time stoppage or instant death attacks? Are they faster than the speed of thought? Can you provide citation for these claims? Or are you just making things up?

Saying "goddess" doesn't mean anything. Next you'll be telling me she's stronger than a character like Gohan from DBZ. Since she's a god and he is not. I mean he can only blow up a planet with little effort, but how do we know she can't either? Aqua > Gohan confirmed!
BStrifeSword114May 4, 2019 6:25 PM
May 5, 2019 3:00 AM

May 2015
I mean Subaru's return by death is OP. He could manage to put everyone by his side to take down Ainz and his gang.
May 8, 2019 11:22 PM
May 2019
Re:Zero actually has Hax that can outrank Nazarick's hax. I mean Reinhard can pretty much solo whole Guardians of Nazarick and even Ainz himself with his Deus Ex Machina bullshit hax. And even Subaru will have mini knock-off version Gold Experience Requiem later which is cheating as hell.

But Ainz with Prep-time is basically Godlike since he never lose when he knows his opponent ability.
May 12, 2019 3:57 AM
Apr 2018
Overlord, look on floor guardians dude, and don't forget ainz have WORLD CLASS ITEMS
May 13, 2019 11:13 PM

Jun 2016
Overlord wins You guys don t know existense of
RayghaTheOne said:
Re:Zero actually has Hax that can outrank Nazarick's hax. I mean Reinhard can pretty much solo whole Guardians of Nazarick and even Ainz himself with his Deus Ex Machina bullshit hax. And even Subaru will have mini knock-off version Gold Experience Requiem later which is cheating as hell.

But Ainz with Prep-time is basically Godlike since he never lose when he knows his opponent ability.

Wrong you don t know existense of Rubedo,Touch me and Ulbert alan oldle who are far much stronger than Ainz himself. Rubedo is so powerful that even Ainz and Shaltear are no match for her and Touch me can t beat Rubedo either. Overlord is Strongest I doubt Reinhard could beat Rubedo, Touch me or Ulbert. Overlord has overall Strongest characters

You guys don t know existense Of Rubedo, Touch me, Ulbert and World enemy

Look here https://overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/World_Enemy

https://overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/Rubedo

With World enemy and Rubedo. Everyone even Reinhard and Satella look pale in comparison to World enemy and Rubedo power.
SubaruHoshinaMay 13, 2019 11:20 PM

May 13, 2019 11:50 PM
May 2019
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
RayghaTheOne said:

Wrong you don t know existense of Rubedo,Touch me and Ulbert alan oldle who are far much stronger than Ainz himself. Rubedo is so powerful that even Ainz and Shaltear are no match for her and Touch me can t beat Rubedo either. Overlord is Strongest I doubt Reinhard could beat Rubedo, Touch me or Ulbert. Overlord has overall Strongest characters

With World enemy and Rubedo. Everyone even Reinhard and Satella look pale in comparison to World enemy and Rubedo power.

Rubedo is irrelevant since you don't even know a single thing about her except she is the strongest entity in Nazarick but Reinhard and satella basically battle each other on planetary scale for eternity.

Oh and Reinhard can wish anything to counter his opponent ability with his Divine Blessing and his sword basically return any kind of attack back to original while simultaneously erase his opponent existence, Puck is victim to this.

And didn't I mentioned he has blessing of Phoenix which basically revive him infinitely, did you even read Re:zero? Reinhard alone is so broken only Satella, the last boss is able to match him but that's because Satella is immortal, otherwise Reinhard already own her.
May 14, 2019 12:09 AM

Jun 2016
RayghaTheOne said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Rubedo is irrelevant since you don't even know a single thing about her except she is the strongest entity in Nazarick but Reinhard and satella basically battle each other on planetary scale for eternity.

Oh and Reinhard can wish anything to counter his opponent ability with his Divine Blessing and his sword basically return any kind of attack back to original while simultaneously erase his opponent existence, Puck is victim to this.

And didn't I mentioned he has blessing of Phoenix which basically revive him infinitely, did you even read Re:zero? Reinhard alone is so broken only Satella, the last boss is able to match him but that's because Satella is immortal, otherwise Reinhard already own her.

Irrevelant? Satella and Reinhard still pale comparison to World enemy in strength and Rubedo. Where even 100 level 100 players who are already country level or beyond are no match for World enemy. Your answer is null and void. Overall Overlord strength>Re zero and rest

Don t like me bring up characters with little information then don t bring my Satella who only appear in sihoullete and flashback barely make appearances and Reinhard who barely make appearances as well. I do the same.

Read World Enemy power strength who are basically Planet level and beyond. Deal with it this argument is void and null. .

Yes I do read about Reinhard strength that is barely shown at all no different than The information I have on Rubedo and World enemy.

Don t bother replying I am not responding. This will just in circle I just do doing something productive than arguing a null and void argument.
SubaruHoshinaMay 14, 2019 12:14 AM

May 14, 2019 12:24 AM
May 2019
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
RayghaTheOne said:

Irrevelant? Satella and Reinhard still pale comparison to World enemy in strength and Rubedo. Where even 100 level 100 players who are already country level or beyond are no match for World enemy. Your answer is null and void. Overall Overlord strength>Re zero and rest

Don t like me bring up characters with little information then don t bring my Satella who only appear in sihoullete and flashback barely make appearances and Reinhard who barely make appearances as well. I do the same.

Read World Enemy power strength who are basically Planet level and beyond. Deal with it this argument is void and null. .

Yes I do read about Reinhard strength that is barely shown at all no different than The information I have on Rubedo and World enemy.

Don t bother replying I am not responding. This will just in circle I just do doing something productive than arguing a null and void argument.

Your argument it self is null and void trying to bringing up world enemy while it has even smaller information than Reinhard's abilities.

And Reinhard did fighting Satella in novel, you only watch anime version it seems. Even trying to bring Rubedo which shown nothing sort of power whatsoever is foolish move.
May 14, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2018
I am glad I was able to start a meaningful discussion :)
May 14, 2019 10:41 AM
Jan 2018
Overlord is easily first. Ainz would one shot anyone same with the guardians. I think overall Saga of evil Tanya is next however puck would be placed before them though. Then rezero and konosuba last.
May 14, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
Powerbalancing is pointless when you have parody series like KonoSuba involved.
Why? Bcs KonoSuba has done gags over gags about flipping around power balance.
So it doesn't matter which one of these characters is the strongest, bcs the writers gonna fck around it anyway to create the end result they want.

That's comedy, for you. Yeah, we don't give a damn about ye power struggle. We just want a good laugh.
May 14, 2019 11:38 AM
Feb 2018
Overlord at top, the subaru since he never dies (unless they kill him since they are op) but can never beat the guardians, the others go bye bye
May 14, 2019 4:30 PM

Aug 2015
Since this is a comedy crossover the show will of course bend the rules of each show for comedic effect.

But even with that in mind I don't see why anyone would vote for anything else than Overlord. Well, unless you have not seen Overlord.

Overlord characters win by MILES. It's not even close. Just Shalltear alone is more powerful than all other non-overlord characters combined.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
May 14, 2019 8:03 PM
Apr 2017
Just wanna say there is no point for comparing the power balance as they will always win somehow under the author's writing.
May 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
As someone who read or /and watch all 4, I'd say that if this is including all characters from the respective series and not just the ones appearing in isekai quartet, Youjo Senki tops the charts and pretty easily due to Being X and his archangels being waaaay over the top compared to all powerhouse from the other three verses. Puck or Ainz can't do anything against those I'm afraid. Those archangels are the ones from the legends, doing casually stuff like opening the red sea, nuking a huge city or casually stopping time just to have a discussion because why not.

If we're only talking about characters of Isekai quartet, then Overlord is probably quite ahead of everything else.
ZefyrisMay 15, 2019 12:56 PM
Jun 1, 2019 12:28 AM

Nov 2013
I was going to say that it's obviously by far Overlord, but then I thought again and, at least from the vague memory that I have from watching the re: Zero anime, I did have the feeling that the giant Puck was more powerful than Ainz and Shalltear.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 1, 2019 1:38 PM
Sep 2018
KRKodama said:
I was going to say that it's obviously by far Overlord, but then I thought again and, at least from the vague memory that I have from watching the re: Zero anime, I did have the feeling that the giant Puck was more powerful than Ainz and Shalltear.

You could be right, but I don't see him surviving a single black hole summon or a grasp heart. Probably has greater destructive capability though. And nobody has far as I recall has any resistance to time stopping spells like Overlord (Nazzarick) characters and what do you even do against that if you can't resist it? Especially since its thought activated. Its OP as fuck.

I'd like to see a sort of bout between the Tanya and Re:Zero cast though, that sounds fun.
Jugger47Jun 1, 2019 1:42 PM
Jun 1, 2019 1:56 PM
May 2017
Re:Zero is on top because Reinhard Van Astrea is fucking broken, then Overlord followed by Konosuba with Tanya coming in at the end
Jun 1, 2019 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
If it's about the characters in Isekai Quartet, I think Ainz and any of his generals could single handedly kill all of the other characters. Maybe they would need to act as a team to get Puck in god mode... and use a special method for Subaru.

The problem is that the concept of Overlord is too different, the characters are SUPPOSED to be invincible, while the other series work the usual way, more or less.

After Overlord I think there's KonoSuba, (Aqua) or maybe Re:Zero (Puck). Last would be Tanya the Evil, but aI only watched like 4 eps before dropping it so... don't have the full picture.

PS. My favourite series of them four is absolutely KonoSuba, not Overlord.
ZetaSoujiroJun 1, 2019 2:10 PM
Jun 12, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2017
Reinhard Van Astrea >>>>>>>>> Ainz > the rest

ZetaSoujiro said:
The problem is that the concept of Overlord is too different, the characters are SUPPOSED to be invincible, while the other series work the usual way, more or less.

that's exactly why Reinhard was made to contrast against Subaru, he's the guy Subaru thought he was gonna be when he were transported to Lugnica. hell, Reinhard is so OP he would stomp Ainz
Jun 12, 2019 2:51 PM
Apr 2014
If I were to compare the scale of power for all series in Isekai Quartet than it would be Tanya, Re Zero, Konosuba, and Overlord. As Tanya, Re Zero, and Konosuba has gods or Godlike Entities that can transport others from their world, but Overlord does not or at least they don't show themselves nor implied, and we have no idea how Ainz was transported along with his game Avatar. However, that could change at the end of the series at this isn't first time I seen his scenario play out, but as of right now that is how it is.

*The Six Gods in Overlords are not Gods, but players like Ainz so they don't count.

Tanya have Being X that is basically the Abrahamic God and his Angels.

Rezero have godlike Witches and Divine Protections implying gods in their world.

Konosuba have gods, but they are restricted in their action and some are not very powerful or at least can be defeated by non divine entities cough... Aqua... cough with very simple conditions against them.

If I were to compare the scale of power for the main cast in Isekai Quartet than it would be Ainz, Subaru, Tanya, and Kazuma.

Ainz of course has the strongest main cast without question.

Subaru is second because his teammates can be cooperative. Beatrice, Puck, Emilia, Rem, are strong enough on their own with few weakness. He can help his team win after some deaths if he was to lose for the first time.

Tanya is third because of the fact that she can command her team to fight using teamwork and she is strong enough to deal with most of the others.

Konosuba is last because of the fact their team is just very unbalance and not very cooperative. As Megumin can only fire off her spell once before being taken out, Darkness can just be contain or prevented from helping her teammates, Aqua is basically useless that lack both coordination with her teammates and beside her healing abilities she is only useful against undead. The only tricky one to deal with is Kazuma, but by himself, he isn't very strong and despite his good luck it does not summon someone stronger to take care of his problems. His team require him to plan from the beginning to be useful without getting reck by the weakest enemies unlike the others after reaching a certain level and can destroy basically anyone weaker than them with ease by themselves.

If I were to compare the scale of power for the characters present in Isekai Quartet than it would be Re Zero, Ainz, Tanya, and Konosuba.

Normally it would be Ainz, but with the reveal of the second class and Reinhardt being in it, Re Zero has the strongest characters from their series here, follow by Ainz entire entourage, Tanya as she is at least above 8th level as a magic caster in this world, and Konosuba as none of them could be considered individually strong enough that they would be able to defeat the other strongest here as they probably can't even defeat Tanya men as none of them can fly.

The above is a comparison of their respective series and below is a comparison of their power in this new world.

Tanya is obviously the strongest here, as her group has the most authority in this world because her higher ups are the Principal, Vice Principal, Teacher and combine with the fact that she gets along with basically anyone in this world, as she made friends with the class strongest group early on, but also at the same time can bully anyone she please without repercussion.

As she can disregard Kazuma objections than use imitation on him, show willingness to use violence on Aqua once mistaken she is Being X, hit or use magic on her subordinate as she please, and so on without anything like punishment similar to Kazuma and Subaru for just being late.
oldguestJun 12, 2019 2:59 PM
Jun 18, 2019 9:58 AM
Jun 2019
Wait, the fact that witch curse still applies means that witch power is above Ainz?
Idk about it, but i really want to see Aqua trying to remove the curse :D
Jun 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Aug 2016
I agree that Overlord world outclass Re zero in terms of power. World enemy and the likes have monstrous strength and power but still even if they were far stronger does that mean they could beat someone like Reinhard? Nah I doubt so. How can you defeat him if all attacks automatically avoid him? immunity piercing and the likes is useless if they won't hit because it's not related to immunity. Unless that world enemy could somehow disabled his blessing or capable of removing someone from existence like Zeno in Dragon Ball Super then we can talk again.

Oh and watch episode 11, Reinhard able to outclass Cocytus in tug of war game effortlessly with only a single hand. That means his physical abilities were extremely strong even compared to Ainz group. I don't know if Rubedo's status were able to do the same to Cocytus or not but Reinhard was definitely not weak even excluding his auto-miss blessings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2019

162 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

127 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

109 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

76 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.