Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2019 12:42 PM
Oct 2012
Flaecy said:
this week's episode got real deep

Just like Mio's one-night-stand (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Feb 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Sep 2017
Piromysl said:
Oh, snap.
Are we going to have another SJW outrage? Two in one season is something.

what was first?

btw nice episode
Feb 4, 2019 12:51 PM
Dec 2016
This got real yo. Like everyone is saying, thinking of it it was obvious what she was "working" as, but at the same time it's quite the shock.

Damn
Feb 4, 2019 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
p-sy said:
Oh boy. the show is amazing. but the most thing I hate is rape scenes in anime. dammit poor Mio. (one other third guy was in the shadows.. rough work)

"rape scenes" ? its not rape
Feb 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2017
Really good episode. More worldbuilding and dark, dismal atmosphere. It's interesting that Hyakkimaru is getting weaker as he regains parts of his body. Dororo continues to be my favorite of the season.
Feb 4, 2019 12:58 PM

Feb 2018
What a great episode. So much happened, it's probably my favorite so far.

I'm glad the old man is back, they'd probably be a lot worse off if it wasn't for him.

So the more demons they defeat, the more misfortune befalls the land of Hyakkimaru's family. I wonder how long it will be before his father catches on and sends someone to kill him?

It was sweet to see Dororo getting along with other kids.

Mio is already my favorite character so far. It was sad to see the kind of work she had to do to feed herself and the kids she takes care of. I kind of suspected she wasn't being honest about what she did, but didn't really think she was selling herself until she approached the two samurai. I really hope Hyakkimaru and the others can save her.

Hyakkimau still hasn't gotten used to his hearing, and it makes me wonder how he can understand spoken language if he's never heard it before?

It really took me by surprise that Hyakkimaru got his voice back, but it really sucks he lost his real leg in the process. The first thing he does with his regained voice is scream in pain... It seems like his regained body parts are just having negative impacts on him, and it's getting harder for him to deal with. I can't wait to see how this two part episode ends.

Also, I noticed Dororo calls Hyakkimaru "Aniki", which, correct me if I'm wrong, means a form of "big brother". But I notice they translate it different ways like he's just saying "hey", "you", or "Hyakkimaru". Is this accurate, or are they taking too many liberties with the translation?

Either way, this show just got way more intense and I'm really interested to see where it goes.
Feb 4, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
DeadLoli said:
Piromysl said:
Oh, snap.
Are we going to have another SJW outrage? Two in one season is something.

what was first?

btw nice episode

Shield bro and false rape accusations.
Highlighting this issue is direct threat to MeToo movement which is their political weapon, so they are triggered beyond reason.

Feb 4, 2019 1:15 PM

May 2016
I guess this episode also had a really important lesson for Hyakkimaru-- maybe the most important yet-- the value of one's limbs and the sense in fearing pain/damage. He's probably used to them being repairable/replaceable attachments and nothing more, but now they're a living part of him and he has get used to that. He has to learn to actually start minding himself and his well-being. Tough way to learn that though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
The fighting scenes in this episode were so beautifully animated, good job mappa
When the kids said that Mio works at night, it was kind of obvious for me. There's not much else for a woman to do in this scenario, poor girl
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Feb 4, 2019 1:38 PM
Mar 2017
praisethevillain said:

Also, I noticed Dororo calls Hyakkimaru "Aniki", which, correct me if I'm wrong, means a form of "big brother". But I notice they translate it different ways like he's just saying "hey", "you", or "Hyakkimaru". Is this accurate, or are they taking too many liberties with the translation?

No it's not accurate, it only means "big brother". The lengths they went to in order not to translate that word properly was certainly impressive in its own way.

Great episode, btw.
Feb 4, 2019 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
so prostitute huh
well not suprised
leg gone huh
voice comes back huh

Well...
Feb 4, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2015
Like really, what other job she could do for people who don't have much to do themselves in the first place... Still very sad premise.
And poor Hyakkimaru.
Feb 4, 2019 2:10 PM
Nov 2017
Last week, I complained about the mediocre episode they released. With this episode, I changed my mind. This time, they managed to combine 3 different scenarios from old Dororo and push it into a few episodes and they did it even better.
In the old anime, something bad happened to Mio too, but this time, it was something much worse and more emotionally impacting. Mio wasn't a prostitute though. It shocked me that Dororo had to see it.
Really loved the ending. It left me uneasy and in anticipation of a new episode.
Feb 4, 2019 2:20 PM
Sep 2016
The moment I heard her talking about working for the army, I had a bad feeling about this "work" thing. While I still had hope, the ending hit me hard and Hiakkimaru getting his leg bitten off didn't help at all.
Great episode, great series.
Feb 4, 2019 2:49 PM
Feb 2019
looking at the teaser trailer for ep6 i managed a screengrab and it seems hyakkimaru regains his leg as im assuming M R P R O S T H E T I C S is nowhere around to make him one, also holds weight that its his real ()()boy()() leg considering a couple cuts in the trailer back the boy has a sword taped to his stump

oooooooooooooo loving it

https://imgur.com/a/lrt2Sy9
Feb 4, 2019 3:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lululand said:
shiro_kai said:
Is she working or getting raped? I don't get it. Cause if she was just working there, would be no need to other two guys hold her. She should probably not have gone there.

Her job is being a whore...

@Topic

Jeez what an episode, i'm in love with this anime. It's perfect.

I'm kinda sad because Anaki found his love, but his love's working as a whore.
Same.....I found that reveal to be pretty sad :(

I just hope that she and this kids don't end up dying in this inevitable war
Feb 4, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Mio, she's a really good girl, by protecting the children this way. When she mentioned that she works for the soldiers and that she only works at night, it was really the worst thing imaginable. Makes sense why she's singing as well, to make it all bearable.

Damn that Demon in the sandpit looked epic. Hyakkimaru got his voice back fighting that demon, but lost it's lower leg he got back not so long ago :(

Honestly hoping that after these events, we'll see more of Mio! Especially cause of Hyakkimaru's interest in her!
Feb 4, 2019 3:33 PM
Feb 2019
I'm kinda pissed, if I actually saw that I'd be splittin some heads.
Feb 4, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
praisethevillain said:
Hyakkimau still hasn't gotten used to his hearing, and it makes me wonder how he can understand spoken language if he's never heard it before?

Exactly my question... Though remember in episode 2 hen he understood that Dororo wanted to know his name? Thus he wrote it in the the ground. Maybe he has some talent to understand? Or there was some method that Jukai taught him though we don't know how... Because when he told him that "Hyakkimaru" was his name he understood that. xD
Feb 4, 2019 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
Me at MAPPA ... Are you guys ok?
Feb 4, 2019 3:50 PM

Sep 2018
So voice is back and leg is gone again mhh could get interesting and i think we got a bit of foreshadowing in this Episode with Mio that 1. she will die or 2. get captured or imprisoned because Dororo and the other kid debating over its save or not and why would they insert a scene like this if nothings gonna happen...

She is basicially a kinda "love" interest and i think with Hyakkimarus voice back it could get even more interesting and i overall like her Character,it was kinda obvious what she worked after she said "i work a night" and her reaction to Hyakkimaru watching her, because she probably has not a good history with male humans in the age of dont know like 19-40...

And i still wait for the moment (probably will be at or near the end of the show) where Hyakkimaru has his "happy" reunion with his father,borther and Mother but i think only his mother is gonna be happy for real

Feb 4, 2019 3:51 PM

Mar 2013
This was such an heavy episode. Hyakimaru suffering from getting used to hearing and in the end get back is voice screaming in pain from the loss of his feet.
And Mio, oh Gods, poor thing, to think we would see it so explicitly... but yeah, it's war, and in war this is what it happens.

Can't wait for the next epsiode.
Feb 4, 2019 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Mio's situation is so terrible, but she's such an admirable person, putting the well being of the kids before her own (kinda feel bad for saying this).

And poor Hyakki too, every time he recovers a body part something horrible happens in its first use. Don't even want to imagine the first thing he is going to see.

Feb 4, 2019 4:13 PM
Mar 2018
When Hyakkimaru met Mio at the first time, in the morning, Mio tucked up her Kimono's bottom and exposed her legs in a river.
Perhaps, She washed her own private part of woman body after her night job.
yosi_kasiFeb 4, 2019 4:41 PM
Feb 4, 2019 4:23 PM
Jan 2018
revyHOLiC said:
Holy sheep, feel bad for Mio. How'd Hyakkimaru voice is back? The demons has not beaten yet.

Remember that Bird Demon, Yocho, in the beginning of the episode? I'm guessing after the Old Man, Biwamaru (that's his name), killed it Hyakkimaru probably got his voice back from it. It just probably took him a while to realize he had it.

The End Card after the ED Credits most likely reveals that being the case since the other demon in the episode wasn't showcased on the end card.
Feb 4, 2019 5:09 PM
Jun 2017
...Guess folks never read the manga nor watched the original anime.

This latest version of Dororo could change that fate but ...
Feb 4, 2019 5:13 PM
Oct 2018
this end was tense, waiting a lot for the next episode
Feb 4, 2019 5:29 PM
Feb 2019
I think the girl will die or something will happen to her, because at the opening of Hyakkimaru met her then disappear and Hyakkimaru got mad of that
Feb 4, 2019 5:54 PM

Dec 2010
I had a feeling she might be prostituting herself but thought nahh surely not in this anime..... wow, that shocked me.

Also Hyakkimaru you just got that fucking leg back ffs.
Feb 4, 2019 5:59 PM
Oct 2016
I can't tell if she was being raped at the end of the episode or not because her job is basically walking up to soldiers unguarded and offering herself for money, so the way she is treated depends on the nature of the soldiers, who can easily rape her and not pay her if they happen to be real pieces of shit. You can ask why she wasn't screaming for help at the end if that was the case but the grim reality is that there is no one there to save her. I guess we'll see next week.

And no, there aren't going to be any "triggered SJWs" over this because people's complaints about rape in fiction are concerned with *how* it is depicted, not the fact that it is depicted at all.
Feb 4, 2019 6:00 PM

May 2015
Does anyone know if this adaptation is faithful to manga or if it's completely reworked? I like the way it's handled anyway.
Feb 4, 2019 6:02 PM

Feb 2016
Wow, what an episode. I regret watching it now because I'd have to wait until next week for the second part. I think he has always had his voice but he didn't know how to use it. The bird thing at the beginning of the episode wasn't one of the 12 and the demon near the end isn't dead yet. Maybe after clearing that demon, he'll be able to get the leg back since the demon.. ate it? Also, I see death flags for Mio which SUCKS because they would be such a cute couple. I hope I'm wrong... but after seeing how dark this show is getting :( I don't think Mio was "raped". It was probably her job to please the soldiers even though she didn't like it, but it was self-sacrifice for the sake of the kids she took in. Humming that song was just to keep her sane, poor girl :(. My heart doesn't feel so good.
Feb 4, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2017
Brutal ending to an amazing episode.
Feb 4, 2019 6:11 PM
Apr 2016
Damn what a job... I guess the only way to survive in that world... Poor Hyakkimaru, losing his leg like that...
Feb 4, 2019 6:18 PM
Jan 2019
MaahHeim said:
Awful thing for Mio. Although I was already expecting that... Really sad.

Hyakkimaru lost his brand new leg, but his voice is back.

The leg was old thought...
Feb 4, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2017
DeeAngel said:
Sushantbro said:
I didn't expect that too. I think we are only the innocent ones around here.

3 to the boat...xD I didn't expect that coming as well though I found strange when she said she was "working to the soldiers at night", but I thought it could be just helping them with wounds or so...since she knew very well how to take care of Hyakkimaru. (the covering part I thought she was just embarrassed that he could "see" something lol) But oh well...though it wasn't a big surprise seeing her in the end doing that, it was still something I wasn't expecting.

The one that really shocked me was the right leg of Hyakkimaru...

It is just me or I felt this episode quite rushed? Not so many actions in battle, the sudden voice recovering and many things happening at the same time? Sounded like episode 4 somehow... But overall it was a great episode as always! Love how they make detailed the adaptations of Hyakkimaru to the world of humanity!

Make that 4 people who didn't see it coming lol! I thought that maybe she was doing watch duty at the border or something, but I was clearly wrong. I agree @DeeAngel that it did feel a little rushed in this episode...

Rewxarx said:
The way they panned away from the leg, along with the red flecks that the priest saw in his soul, I reckon it might grow back. Either that, or he'll get a replacement like the kids have.

I hope so! I feel so bad that he lost his new leg!
Feb 4, 2019 8:00 PM
Jul 2017
I think the reason why the end card was the bird is cus Hiyakkimaru already gained his voice when the bird was slained but he just wasnt able to use it cus he doesnt know to how, We see him try to use it to Mio but cant obviously, but when extreme pain is inflicted to him I guess he was able to let out a scream cus he couldnt handle it for someone who gained the nervous system and a body part back
Feb 4, 2019 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
This episode made me realize that I really don’t like how their feet are drawn.
Feb 4, 2019 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
I hate this pacifist bullshit and the implications that "all samurai are evil". Don't really care for the prostitute being a love-interest either, but at least she's doing it to help kids.

Smudy said:
Mio letting herself get raped for money

"letting herself" and "get raped" are a total contradiction.
Feb 4, 2019 8:52 PM

Apr 2018
DeeAngel said:
Sushantbro said:
I didn't expect that too. I think we are only the innocent ones around here.

3 to the boat...xD I didn't expect that coming as well though I found strange when she said she was "working to the soldiers at night", but I thought it could be just helping them with wounds or so...since she knew very well how to take care of Hyakkimaru. (the covering part I thought she was just embarrassed that he could "see" something lol) But oh well...though it wasn't a big surprise seeing her in the end doing that, it was still something I wasn't expecting.

The one that really shocked me was the right leg of Hyakkimaru...

It is just me or I felt this episode quite rushed? Not so many actions in battle, the sudden voice recovering and many things happening at the same time? Sounded like episode 4 somehow... But overall it was a great episode as always! Love how they make detailed the adaptations of Hyakkimaru to the world of humanity!
Yea this adaptation is rushed instead of 25 demons there will be 12 demons.
Feb 4, 2019 9:08 PM
May 2015
I am glad to finally see the girl in the OP. Didn't expect that they would actually show "that scene", I feel even more worst now than just thinking about it. :/ but overall Mio turned out to be an admirable character in just one ep. Please protect her Hyakkimaru! but also please don't lose anymore body parts.

This is my top anime this season after all :) (being a little rushed imo and all)
Feb 4, 2019 9:09 PM
Jul 2017
HOLY SHIT!
Its the first thing to cross my mind at the end of the ep.

There were a lot of clues for the girls job:
Washing her at the river
Working at night
The shredded clothes
Not being afraid of doing to both sides
Covering herself in front of Hyaki
And the song she sings to comfort herself for something she doesnt like to do at all.

Nice shot of the severed leg, so sad!
Feb 4, 2019 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
BenuAL said:
MaahHeim said:
Awful thing for Mio. Although I was already expecting that... Really sad.

Hyakkimaru lost his brand new leg, but his voice is back.

The leg was old thought...

He didn't have it for 16 years and got it 3 episodes ago lmao
Feb 4, 2019 9:25 PM

Sep 2016
shiro_kai said:
Is she working or getting raped? I don't get it. Cause if she was just working there, would be no need to other two guys hold her. She should probably not have gone there.

She is working. Ever heard of prostitutes? Holding her down has got nothing with that? Maybe they just like that position. But you can cry about rape in twitter if you want to.
Feb 4, 2019 9:42 PM

Oct 2018
revyHOLiC said:
Holy sheep, feel bad for Mio. How'd Hyakkimaru voice is back? The demons has not beaten yet.
He had already beaten the demon before losing his leg. . More like the demon was defeated once but the demon is still alive.
Sanchit_JainFeb 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Tokyo ghoul's 1st ,2nd ,3rd and 4th season were a big mistake of Pierrot!!!!!
Feb 4, 2019 9:56 PM

Oct 2017
Haxr57 said:
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't guess mio's job.

Me too oh man D:

But ok hey Hyakkimaru's voice(!!!!!!)
Feb 4, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
This shows shows many aspect into whats life like like into that time frame.... they actually show at end which is horrible to watch.

Feb 4, 2019 10:01 PM
Apr 2018
Haxr57 said:
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't guess mio's job.

You're not the only one. I thought she have a decent job, at least. What Dororo saw, shocked me.
Feb 4, 2019 10:10 PM

Apr 2016
Avere said:
I thought something was a little weird when we first saw her, in the river it appears like she's washing off her "privates". Looking back it was some clear foreshadowing I suppose. I thought for a moment it was just weird animation.

Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind was Rob Roy movie with Liam Neeson, there was literally the exct same scene.

Nordhammer said:
...Guess folks never read the manga nor watched the original anime.

This latest version of Dororo could change that fate but ...

I did not read nor watch it, but well ... when you serve two camps during war ... shits gonna happen.
Feb 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
owwww that ending leading up to it i was like it isn't safe for this single girl to go off to both sides for work than i thought to myself like if samurai's straight up cutting kids in the roads ant punishable in this period then i dont think rape is either despite how messed up that sounds though that might not be the case here it didn't make it any less shitty to see add that with Maru crying in pain made for a painful ending.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

444 by dspr »»
May 26, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

181 by dspr »»
May 24, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.