Forum Settings
Forums

'Shin Chuuka Ichiban!' Manga Receives Anime Adaptation

New
Feb 3, 2019 9:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website opened for an anime adaptation of Shin Chuuka Ichiban!, the continuation of Etsushi Ogawa's Chuuka Ichiban! (Cooking Master Boy) comedy adventure manga, on Monday. Main staff, as well as a teaser visual have also been revealed (pictured).

Synopsis
After passing the Guangzhou Special Chef Trials, Mao decided to travel around China, to learn more about the unique preparation of food. Upon his return, he will learn that the real battle has only just begun. The Underground Cooking Society has already begun to move... (Source: MU)

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Itsurou Kawasaki (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu)
Character Design: Saki Hasegawa (Mahoutsukai no Yome animation director)
Animation Cooperation: Production I.G
Studio, Production: Nihon Ad Systems

Chuuka Ichiban! originally began in Weekly Shounen Magazine in 1995. The manga briefly moved to Magazine Special before switching back to Weekly Shounen Magazine in 1997 under the title Shin Chuuka Ichiban! and ended in 1999. Kodansha published the series in 17 compiled volumes. Ogawa launched the Chuuka Ichiban! Kiwami sequel manga on the Magazine Pocket application in November 2017. The third volume was published on December 7 last year.

Nippon Animation produced a 52-episode TV anime, which aired in 1997-1998. The manga also inspired a Chinese live-action drama series in 2005.

Official site: http://cookingmaster-anime.jp/
Official Twitter: @shin_chuichi

Source: Comic Natalie

Shin Chuuka Ichiban! on MAL
VindstotFeb 4, 2019 11:34 AM

Feb 3, 2019 10:13 PM
May 2016
Pass

If I wanna watched a shounen cooking show
I’ll watch food wars
Feb 3, 2019 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Pass

I’ll watch food wars
Trust me you don't want to watch more of Souma that haven't been adapted. It will destroy any credibility the series have all until that point.

Anyway this is quite nostalgic series. The most memorable thing is the dish that can laugh. That thing is just too absurd.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 3, 2019 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverFeb 4, 2019 12:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2019 11:22 PM

Jan 2016
Seems pretty old tho.
Feb 3, 2019 11:30 PM
May 2018
Maybe I'll check original, since it has amazing seiyu cast.
Feb 4, 2019 1:04 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow! O_O This takes me back.... I enjoyed watching Cooking Master Boy on TV when I was a kid. I really thought its story was already over and then I never ever imagined that 2 decades later, it'll get a sequel. I'm pleasantly surprised!

That new art style... They look a little chubby. From eating too much delicious Chinese food? xD
Feb 4, 2019 1:15 AM

Mar 2015
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Pass

I’ll watch food wars

at this point, cooking master boy is better... i am quite surprised myself...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 4, 2019 1:21 AM

Jul 2017
LunyRem said:
Wow! O_O This takes me back.... I enjoyed watching Cooking Master Boy on TV when I was a kid. I really thought its story was already over and then I never ever imagined that 2 decades later, it'll get a sequel. I'm pleasantly surprised!

That new art style... They look a little chubby. From eating too much delicious Chinese food? xD

The best news ever not just for the sake of Lunar New Year, but for nostalgia.
Nice to see Cooking Master Boy come back again after 20+ years and watching it as a kid, so much good memories.

Just pleading that NAS and Production I.G. can make the production that gives the original Nippon Animation animated series justice.
Feb 4, 2019 1:54 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Woowowow it was one of the anime that dubbed and aired in my country, am so glad to see a sequel after all this years.

KANLen09 said:
LunyRem said:

The best news ever not just for the sake of Lunar New Year, but for nostalgia.
Nice to see Cooking Master Boy come back again after 20+ years and watching it as a kid, so much good memories.

Just pleading that NAS and Production I.G. can make the production that gives the original Nippon Animation animated series justice.

Seeing how I.G did a great job with Mahoujin Guru Guru I have high hopes for a good adaptation.
Feb 4, 2019 2:00 AM

Apr 2018
NeoAnkara said:
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Pass

I’ll watch food wars
Trust me you don't want to watch more of Souma that haven't been adapted. It will destroy any credibility the series have all until that point

lol true the last arc is the worst shit i read in my life
Feb 4, 2019 2:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I’ll try to binge the previous season before checking it this one!
It’s nice to see such projects though and congratulations to the fans of the series!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 4, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2016
Nice, but I still didn't get to check out the first series yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2019 4:10 AM

Aug 2015
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Pass

I’ll watch food wars

Trust me,at this point any manga is better than the current arc of souma

Happy to see another old series getting a new anime adaptation.
Feb 4, 2019 6:20 AM
Jul 2017
Definitely will be watching this! It's been ages since the last time I've seen Cooking Master Boy, this is one of the first Anime series that I've got into and made me engaged in cooking lol.

Feb 4, 2019 6:22 AM

Aug 2014
madarchod said:
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Pass

I’ll watch food wars

Trust me,at this point any manga is better than the current arc of souma

Happy to see another old series getting a new anime adaptation.

Current Manga arc kinda triggers me alot considering how great it was before this awful, nonsense, asspull arcs.

It felt like forced so much to the point some stuff that was meant to be the same got overturned.

The current arc and Manga sales pretty much explain how bad it was.
I just hope author get it done really quick and move on to a better settings.
Feb 4, 2019 9:19 AM
Feb 2016
I just started watching this anime and this news made my day. I heard it was left unfinished but to think that it would come back after all these years it's the best thing I could ask for.
Feb 4, 2019 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
This is a bigger deal than some newbies will be able to understand. CMB is a holy grail anime.
Feb 5, 2019 4:58 AM

Sep 2007
If i can found the previous one in sub ...
I will look at it !
Feb 6, 2019 11:45 AM
Jun 2012
Mao looks kinda weird with black hair.. I liked his blue hair better

ShiroiRyu said:
If i can found the previous one in sub ...
I will look at it !

you can find it on nyaa si with subs and Jp & Ch audio by [CMBT]
currysodaFeb 6, 2019 4:50 PM
Feb 7, 2019 5:49 AM

Sep 2007
currysoda said:
Mao looks kinda weird with black hair.. I liked his blue hair better

you can find it on nyaa si with subs and Jp & Ch audio by [CMBT]

Thanks !
I have no problem with old anime so i will go watching it !
Feb 9, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2017
Wow, this one is NEWS indeed. I have liked the show as a child, although to be honest I don't really remember.
Never thought this one could get new adaptation.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Feb 15, 2019 5:51 AM
Mar 2018
OMG!! I was rewatching CMB last December and thinking why this series didn't get any continuation. And now this happen. I guess this is sort of fit the term of "Be careful with what you wish for" in a good way?
Apr 25, 2019 9:40 PM

Nov 2007
New key visual, teaser PV
https://moca-news.net/article/20190426/2019042613300a_/01/

Airing on Fridays at 26:25 (Saturday 2:25 a.m.) via Anime-ism (TBS, MBS, BS-MBS) starting October 11 (12th after midnight)
PV
Casts
OP: "Koufukuron (光福論)" by Qaijff (クアイフ)
ED: "Paradigm Shift (パラダイムシフト)" by Brian the Sun
https://moca-news.net/article/20190902/2019090212000c_/01/
tsubasaloverSep 1, 2019 9:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Unveils Supporting Cast, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
23 minutes ago

» A-1 Pictures Acquires Studio 3Hz's Production, Planning Business

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
29 minutes ago

» 'Seirei Gensouki 2' Reveals Production Staff, Additional Cast, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by CocoaGalaxy »»
47 minutes ago

» [Retracted] Second Season of 'Ninja Kamui' Announced

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

16 by Vindstot »»
6 hours ago

» 'Tasuuketsu' Unveils Additional Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.