Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 12, 2018 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
Of course, Bakugo won't go easy on a girl. He wouldn't go easy on a baby, puppy, kitten, etc. because he desperately wants to win and prove himself. He's an ass but he grew up thinking he was the best and being in the hero academy has made him realize there are many people who are much better than and who won't back down. He acknowledges people with strength and is learning to see some people as equals to some extent.

I knew the match between Ochaco and Bakugo wouldn't last long since there is a gap between their powers and strength. However, Bakujoe acknowledged her strength and seems royally pissed as usual.

I forgot about Kirishima and Tetsutetsu tbh. Hahaha.

As jittery as Deku gets, I love how he can stand up and bravely protect his dignity and the dignity of others.

臭い-
Sep 3, 2018 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
No wonder Izuku cries so much, his mom is a crybaby. Dang, look at all those tissues she had? She filled up an entire room of them!:O
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 6, 2018 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
Uraraka vs Bakugo did not disappoint. Good stuff!

The next fight though...
Oct 22, 2018 10:11 PM
Dec 2017
next episode Boku vs Shouto... yeeh..
Oct 23, 2018 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
I knew that Uraraka would lose, but a part of me still believed that this anime might surprise me after all and make her win somehow. If Uraraka won I probalby would've given this a 10/10, but I guess my 9/10 stands for a reason xD
Now next episode will be quite hard for Deku as well, Todoroki kinda looks unbeatable for everyone in class 1-A.
Jan 5, 2019 9:19 PM
Mar 2016
The talk that Ochako had with her father honestly had me choked up. Sounded like something my parents said when I had to switch majors in the middle of the year. It was just an amazing episode.
Jan 27, 2019 9:02 AM

May 2016
Ochako really did her best and went Plus Ultra all throughout because she knows that she's up against one of the most powerful people she had ever met and Bakugo's not going easy on her because he knows that she's not a weak opponent at all. One touch and he's finished and her undying persistence made her even more dangerous to him and it actually took his all to counter that ultimate attack. It's not all about winning but seeing him absolutely destroy her long-fought secret plan in an instant and having her unwillingly black out after all that's really depressing. I'm really glad that she took her loss well and didn't dwell on it negatively at all. Bakugoat deserves a break because no one realized how much of a threat that bubbly floaty girl really was in battle.

Tetsutetsu vs. Kirishima II
Kirishima actually won this time because Tetsu didn't have enough iron in his diet for today to keep up his hardening.

Ochako acting like it didn't bother her was an act all along and she can't up but show her disappointment in herself for not being able to help her parents sooner but rest assured that didn't mean that it's the end for her. Izuku confronted Endeavor and stood up for Shouto being his own person to the No. 2 hero before starting his match against him.

Jan 27, 2019 9:04 AM

Sep 2016
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Tetsu didn't have enough iron in his diet for today to keep up his hardening.

Guess he couldn't get the blood pumping eh?

300th pun
xchyssa said:
You got some nice viewpoint there, I always know I can't fool you with my sharpest tagging skills

May 17, 2019 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
Uraraka in action.

So close, Uraraka!

That meteor shower... That is a nice plan, Uraraka!

In the end, Uraraka still loses. Kacchan wins. I know she is going to lose but she is so close! She is still amazing.

Eijiro beats Tetsutetsu. Nice one, Eijiro! He destroys that metal guy after their first match was draw.

Deku tells Endeavor that Deku is not All Might and Shoto is not Endeavor. I like the way Deku answers Endeavor because Deku stands up for Shoto. Do not compare yourself or anyone else to your child! I feel bad for Shoto because his parents are abusive.

May 30, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
I thought that fight would be another case of male chauvinism, but i'm glad that was contested.
Aug 8, 2019 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
Whoah, Uraraka did a great job but Bakugo is really strong. She didn't get help from Deku yet she thought about her strategy. That's really cool. What's with Endeavor, so obsessed in defeating All Might? I'm really nervous about Todoroki and Deku's match, Todoroki is really strong.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Dec 2016
Uraraka's amazing! She did a good fight with Bakugou :) Too bad she couldn't make it :(

Great episode! Next will be intense with Todoroki vs. Midoriya *-* Can't wait!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 2, 2019 8:57 PM

Feb 2008
I'm not clear on why he thought his plan was good. Wouldn't his plan have just improved Bakugo's mobility?

If she wanted to win, then she really, really needed to stop telegraphing all of her attacks, especially her big surprise attack.
Feb 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Feb 2017
It was obvious that Bakugo would win here.

May 28, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2019
I like that Uraraka's fight wasn't dragged on.Nice one tho.But the next episode.Damn.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 18, 2020 3:02 PM

May 2015
Deku X Uraraka FTW!! So nice how they encourage and support each other.

Endevour is so cool. He definitely has an intimidating presense.

Finally, we're getting to the best fight in season 2. Cant wait for the flurry of emotions.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 27, 2020 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
I loved Uraraka's determination and guts. Bakugo would always be a tough fight. Looking forward to watching the next match though. I really want to see Deku progress and harness his power.
Nov 26, 2020 11:49 AM
Sep 2020
Poor Urakara... can’t wait for the next match
Feb 12, 2021 8:09 AM
Jun 2020
damn bakugo has real power man but I'd say uraraka has real badass character.
gamba re uraraka<3

I'm looking forward to the next episode
Feb 24, 2021 12:31 PM

Oct 2020
Quite a match!!! This match hit my expectations. I like that Bakugo warned her that he won't hold back. Uraraka's determination was pretty strong. Maybe everyone will hate Bakugo for not going easy on a girl, but I won't. First, Bakugo's quirk is very destructive. He has nothing to do with it. He had to fight like this. Second, Bakugo never underestimates his opponents to be weak but he tries to do his best to become the strongest. If Bakugo had gone easy than there was a good chance he would have lost. He knows what Uraraka can do. Third, it would have been a disgrace if went easy on her. They are hero course students. They have to fight the worst. And going easy on her would have meant that he is not counting her or she is nothing worth that much. Even Kaminari didn't hold back against a girl. Just Shiozaki was able to defeat him didn't made Kaminari look bad.

But Uraraka surpassed her limit. And that thinking of plan was good. She almost had Bakugo. But he is really strong. It is very hard to defeat him. The guy becomes stronger as he goes furious.

However the best battle was between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu. Unlucky Tetsutetsu lost. They had a really intense battle.
Mar 11, 2021 5:27 AM

Feb 2019
I don't mind if Deku or Todoroki lose this matchup. I think they both deserve to win and they both have people they need to impress.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 8, 2021 2:44 PM

Jan 2020
Honestly, I can't help but smile whenever Bakugou dodged/beat Ochako.
Like I mean Ochako's a chill character and all, but get past Bakugou? I think not.
Yes this is completely biased & fully just because Bakugo's my favorite character.
May 2, 2021 3:38 AM

Jun 2020
Uraraka is amazing!!!! And Kacchan has all my respect. He treats them all equally, in the sense that he treats all of them as serious rivals, he didn’t hold back while battling her. I’LL LET CHU REKT ME ANY DAY BAKUGOU KATSUKI ♡_____♡

At the end I thought he was dead ass going to princess carry her & throw out out of bounds. Lol!!!! Glad he didn’t. Kacchan will always be Kacchan, even if he were to look like the bad guy in others’ eyes.

I love how the rest were just outright dissing him right when he went back to the audience seats lol

Uraraka’s phone call with her dad made me a little emotional. I love how BNHA shows all types of parents. Supportive, loving kinds & toxic, selfish, absent kinds.

When Deku told Endeavour that he isn’t All Might; and that Todoroki isn’t him, wow, I wish Todoroki could have seen him say that.

Deku vs Todoroki!!!!! The hype is UNREAL

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 5:25 AM

Feb 2021
It was a great fight. Even though Bakugo outmatches her in terms of strength, combat experience and quirk type, she gave it her all! She still has a lot of room to grow and get better with her skills! And Kirishima won against the steel guy. Looking forward to Midoriya and Shoto's fight!
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 14, 2021 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

-

I gotta say that so far, the School Sports Festival Arc is hands down my favorite! It seems as though every episode gets more and more intense, and I love being able to see the students in action, especially in Uraraka and Bakugo's individual battle, which was INSANE!

These past two episodes have solidified Uraraka as my favorite character in the series so far. I was so pumped to see her battle Bakugo, although part of me wasn't sure if she was going to win, and I was right. Despite her loss, though, I truly admire her determination, independence, and strength. Although it didn't work out, she came up with a solid plan to defeat Bakugo that I was impressed by. I also admire her for her reasoning as to why she wants to become a hero, to give back to her parents who have been so supportive of her throughout her life's journey. And her phone call with her parents after her battle... 🥺

Overall, I gotta say that Uraraka is like, one of the most inspiring anime characters for someone to look up to. I'm certain that her time at UA High will transform her into a powerful hero! 💓

(Also... that Deku vs. Todoroki battle looks like it'll be intense. Based on the preview, it seemed as though Deku messed up most of his fingers, so let's see how this goes... 😬)
Aug 19, 2021 2:34 AM

Aug 2020
Well, that was an expected outcome.

The next fight is going to be good.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 24, 2021 11:09 PM

Apr 2021
Man the match between Uraraka and Bakugo was indeed intense....Uraraka did pretty well from her side too :D

Now For the Most Awaited Match^V^
Midoriya vs Todoroki
Oct 26, 2021 6:12 PM

Jan 2021
Man, I sure am glad that we got that dose of concentrated manliness between Kirishima and Tetsu4 right before Uraraka talked to her dad - I only filled up three buckets with my tears instead of the expected 5!
Jan 6, 2022 3:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man I'm glad mr. aizawa shut those guys up. Ururaka should be honored that bakugo didn't go easy on her. Also her quirk should be simply durability, she survived quite a lot of explosions. What a clever way to at least attempt at outsmarting her opponent. Close, but no cigar.

I like how bakugo still went into a battle stance when ururaka started to crawl toward him. He was still prepared for anything she could've have up her sleeve. And later he acknowledges her resilience: "what part of her was frail"

It's kind of pointless to note but this whole tournament is just a game of rock paper scissors. Some quirks will easily beat others. Had the draw been any different, the results could've been drastically different as well. Just can't help but think in the one punch man manga where the monster association sends out monsters with specific abilities to deal with heroes with specific abilities, and ended up beating a lot of them. Unless you're just stupidly over powered like saitama, there's coming to be a rock for your scissors, a scissors for your paper, and a paper for your rock.

Anyway, ururaka sure survived quite the beating but took it like a champ, but now it's deku's turn to get destroyed.

Also on a side note, before watching this series, I had the impression that all might would be a character that would be used sparingly, swooping in at the last second to save the day on.a few occasions, but he's quite a central character. Heck he is essentially deku's father figure. Never expected him to be a surprisingly weak character as well. I was aware of his weakened form, but I thought he doesn't become that until later seasons.

ngl when I saw that trashcan full of tissues I was thinking about something else

I also like how the fights so far have been almost purely just fights without much downtime in between. They could've easily stretch these fights out to be the typical annoying shounen battle style where the character talks about his backstory or abilities for 20 minutes straight like in hunter x hunter. Well at least hxh made it interesting for the most part.

All might saying that both todoroki and deku give off the same energy? Ok then...

edit: and yeah battle of the two rocks certainly was the highlight. That and deku standing up for todoroki in front of his own father.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 15, 2022 2:21 AM
Jan 2022
Great effort of Uraraka, she managed to create such strategy herself, but still, Bakugo overpowered her, she got no chance even though she went all out already.
Jul 14, 2022 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
I really wanted Ochako to win. It's too bad. Hopefully, she will grow stronger in the future.

The match between Deku and Todoroki should prove to be interesting, as this will be their toughest battle yet.

Dec 12, 2022 7:00 AM
Sep 2022
really good fight
Dec 12, 2022 7:01 AM
Sep 2022
really good fight
Jan 1, 2023 5:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That's the idea, Ochako. But man, Bakugo just too strong, espe since he already grasped an idea about her being Deku's friend make him more guard himself.

Though the next episode will be a coldfire. Idk what that means, but yeah, next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 10, 2023 5:10 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 4, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Princess101855
The talk that Ochako had with her father honestly had me choked up. Sounded like something my parents said when I had to switch majors in the middle of the year. It was just an amazing episode.
@Princess101855

I just love her character. The most believable of all of them but a country fucking mile.
Dec 15, 2023 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
Bakugo versus Uraraka episode this one!
Feb 13, 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
We knew Uraraka had no shot and yet.....damn. But respect to Bakugo for treating her like an opponent and not going soft.

Midoriya being a bad ass in front of Endeavor.
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Mar 2022
Man the odds were really against Uraraka in this fight against Bakugo because she was least likely person to take him on but damn it I really felt her determination during it. She really wanted to win, she really wanted to win even though like I said the odds were stacked against her. It was such an intense watching it all but ultimately in the end and sadly however Uraraka lost the fight but Bakugo himself at least acknowledged that she had some drive to her. She tried everything from using the debris to attack, try and levitate Bakugo in the air but it was to no avail at all. I really wanted to hug Uraraka during that moment when she was crying during her phone call with her dad I mean my god it doesn’t matter if she lost, she did really well just to get to anywhere the finals and that’s what counts for me. She certainly has my respect, undeniably so. Also I want to really soak up the moment when Deku essentially stood up to Endeavour for being such a terrible father to his own son. Thank you, Deku, thank you, for pretty much telling Endeavour how I feel about him as a whole. Just the way he’s going about this, just to be the number 1 hero is just not on. Todoroki is not a tool, he’s a person, a human being and he’s going to fight Deku however they like.

And indeed Deku is not a tool for Endeavour’s personal gain either. So again thank you for doing that for me, thank you. In any case, the fight between these two has definitely got me looking forward for the next episode in general, plus it’s going to be an origin story as well for Todoroki so double win I think. Can’t wait, just can’t wait personally.
Jun 1, 8:34 PM
Jul 2023
Round 1 over
- Bakugo absolutely deserved to be shat on by the crowd. L Aizawa for stepping in
- Ochako had a good plan, but he’s just too strong lol
- Let’s go Kirishima!
- Next episode will be hype, round 2!
Jun 13, 4:05 PM
Apr 2023
Uraraka vs Bakugo was pretty sick and surprisingly brutal with the majority of the fight just Bakugo wrecking her. It did end how I suspected it would; Bakugo wrecking Uraraka. Then Midoriya’s run in with Endeavor was cool and the fight I’m the most hyped for will finally begin: Midoriya vs Todoroki.
Aug 29, 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
Glad to see Deku tell Endeavor off. Uraraka's fight was a lot less exciting than I expected, and I don't really understand her motivation on a deep level. She wants to help her parents get by, but aren't they just normal people, not people in poverty or with some specific needs? It just seems like a really normal goal.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.