Forum Settings
Forums

What is the WORST anime you've ever seen and why?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2018 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
Alczender said:
I'd like to pick 3 categories.

(I) Apparently unknown show: Gunslinger Stratos, I can't believe nobody has mentioned it and I think there's 2 options for that: (1) You haven't seen it or (2) You haven't finished it. I don't understand why, but I don't only have started it, I watched it completely. Absolute garbage. Worst show ever

(II) Unpopular opinion: Clannad, I've dropped it with hate, worst show ever second only to the aforementioned Gunslinger Stratos. For me even when I do like other shows that are almost only about sadness and bad things happening to the protagonist because the autor hates them.

(III) On Air: Violet Evergarden. It's not thaaat bad, but it really hurts me that a soo well animated show (it's just beautiful, everything on it, all) has ended up being a so boring story. A plain female protagonist and support characters who simply doesn't catch me. It's not the worst, but it hurts to see some outstanding animation goes to waste

(Sorry if there's one or two grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language)

I can agree, clannad was absolute shit. however, after story made up for it, if only just a little bit
Jan 21, 2018 9:43 PM

Jun 2016
Crap
gekko_13 said:
Alczender said:
I'd like to pick 3 categories.

(I) Apparently unknown show: Gunslinger Stratos, I can't believe nobody has mentioned it and I think there's 2 options for that: (1) You haven't seen it or (2) You haven't finished it. I don't understand why, but I don't only have started it, I watched it completely. Absolute garbage. Worst show ever

(II) Unpopular opinion: Clannad, I've dropped it with hate, worst show ever second only to the aforementioned Gunslinger Stratos. For me even when I do like other shows that are almost only about sadness and bad things happening to the protagonist because the autor hates them.

(III) On Air: Violet Evergarden. It's not thaaat bad, but it really hurts me that a soo well animated show (it's just beautiful, everything on it, all) has ended up being a so boring story. A plain female protagonist and support characters who simply doesn't catch me. It's not the worst, but it hurts to see some outstanding animation goes to waste

(Sorry if there's one or two grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language)

I can agree, clannad was absolute shit. however, after story made up for it, if only just a little bit

Crap you just reminded me of another element that drives me nuts.. Melodrama.. The worst anime will have lots of melodrama..

Ive noticed a trend actually where Ive been slowly downvoting shows like death Parade, Your lie in April and Ano Hana as my hatred for melodrama grows stronger over the years..

First time I saw death parade I gave it like an 8 or 9 or some business.. Now its down to a 6 or 7... Clannad:After Story about to join them..
Jan 21, 2018 9:50 PM

Jun 2017
Akame ga Kill is the stupidest shit I've seen in my life ...

Jan 21, 2018 9:52 PM
Jul 2015
Valeofruin said:
Aguuus said:
I have such a long count that includes animes like
Angel Beats!
Bakemonogatari
Steins; gate
Oregairu
Noragami and others that I do not mention to avoid hatred.
Give the title to one is impossible, if I have to give reasons, based on what denotes the overvaluation and / or the torture I suffered to see them, I will not spend so much development.

After checking your list it would appear that all of your 10/10 were Harem/Fan service anime.. Or just flat out Hentai involving pre-pubescent girls.. Sooo.. There's that.

Seriously, not even tryna bash you.. Don't take it the wrong way. Its like.. An objective fact. Every other show gets a 4 or less..

You only like School Anime with fan service, all else is garbage. That's the content you're in to and I respect your tastes.

The truth is that I take the anime as a joke, and what I value most would be the joke that gives more laughter, to defend my person I tell you that I'm not interested in all the fanservice or all stupidities that offer, i tend to be more analyst but, quote the first verse again.
I hate deepening, sometimes it's necessary.
Jan 21, 2018 9:55 PM

Dec 2016
Valeofruin said:
Crap
gekko_13 said:

Crap you just reminded me of another element that drives me nuts.. Melodrama.. The worst anime will have lots of melodrama..

Ive noticed a trend actually where Ive been slowly downvoting shows like death Parade, Your lie in April and Ano Hana as my hatred for melodrama grows stronger over the years..

First time I saw death parade I gave it like an 8 or 9 or some business.. Now its down to a 6 or 7... Clannad:After Story about to join them..

It's really funny how I do like a lot Shigatsu wa kimi no uso and Anohana, but, for some reason, I hate Clannad and Clannad: After Story.
I think it's mostly because the first 2 shows while still having a lot of melodrama at least they have a reason for it, being to move on over a traumatic past and keep going with their lifes that reason. Both shows does have at least a motive for all the bad things, while, in Clannad all the bad stuff that happens to it's male protagonist seems to be just because some kind of god hates him and wants his life to be the worst ever possible
Jan 21, 2018 10:00 PM

Mar 2015

watch it at your own risk... prepare for bleach...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 21, 2018 10:01 PM
Jan 2018
Mario_Isla said:
The second season of oregairu, this is the worst melodrama.

I different from you Mario Isla.
Oregairu maybe difficult to understand all the story and even I have seen it 5 times, I still don't understand all. I still thing Oregairu is great. But I will said that your opinion and this is mine. Each people are different so they have the different opinion.
Jan 21, 2018 10:09 PM

Mar 2016
Ergo Proxy is the most boring anime I've ever seen, the worst Ninja Resurrection (overtly violent with no story) and Keijo I really didn't like even though so many people like it.
Jan 21, 2018 10:11 PM
Aug 2016
Any of the series that I rated a 4 and below
Jan 21, 2018 10:12 PM
May 2015
Better man.

I saw this like 20 years ago and still don't understand it.

Freezing.
Freezing:Vibration.
El Hazard.
El hazard: alternative world.
( as a kid I really liked El hazard but when I grew up, rewatched it, I realize it sucks)

I don't like any anime where the main character is powerless to do anything. But all the girls want them.

Tokyo Ghoul.

Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul was was alright , especially at the end but at season 2 it was all downhill. I don't get it... at all.
Jan 21, 2018 10:20 PM
May 2015
Based said:
Any of the series that I rated a 4 and below
HarryRambod22 said:
Ergo Proxy is the most boring anime I've ever seen, the worst Ninja Resurrection (overtly violent with no story) and Keijo I really didn't like even though so many people like it.
In Keijo, my favorite part is the fact that they display their attacks names like in Yu Yu Hakusho. I laughed hysterically at the "Shou-ryoppai" or "Shou-ryu-cans" attack. Street fighter reference cracked me up. Other than that clearly it was fanservice left and right.
Jan 21, 2018 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
Guilty Crown and Black Butler are among the most unbearable animes I've ever seen it was physically painful to get through each episode.
Jan 21, 2018 11:36 PM
Jan 2018
Damn Vampire Hunter its plot is confusing and its overall bad.There is like no plot
Jan 21, 2018 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely FLCL, what an awful mess.
Jan 21, 2018 11:54 PM

Jun 2016
Sword Art Online is objectively the worst anime ever.
Jan 21, 2018 11:59 PM
Jan 2015
Adonc said:
Ousama Game. Who is the sick fuck who thought of this?

Choosing between Mars of Destruction and Ousama Game, Ousama Game takes the cake lol
Jan 22, 2018 12:10 AM

Dec 2014
NGE
Why?

MINOR SPOILER WARNIG FROM NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (no really plot significant details, only naming things that were in the anime eg: ninjas in naruto, swords in bleach)

It had so much potential, great setting, nice story, a ton of symbolism, some good characters, some great osts.

And it f*cked it up.
Setting: only thing that didnt change drasticly (cause it shouldn't, it's not a dimension shifting kinda show).
Story: everything became a mess in the ned of the TV anime (I know the lack of money) but it doesn't mean that the End of Evangelion film shouldn't close the story on a note that was undestandable. Things were left off: Lilith vs. Adam (which is which, why and how, oh and even who), what is the 3rd impact, why only those children can pilot the Evas, what was the 1st imact, and how many were there, how can yo ucreate a God, why won't you, what is seele, why does Ikare Geno have any power i nthe first place, what is the geofront, and why did it end up there, and how, why are the still trying to use normal weaponry against Angels with AT field (which is literally the territory between the skirt and the socks in japanese... I have so many questions there), who/what was kawaru, who/what/how/how many way Rei, what exactly are the evas, etc.
Symbolis: please do something with it, cause there is a ton in htere and they can be interpreted a million ways, and you literally state (HIdeaki Anno) that the viewer should not "make the symbolism their own" cause what is there is there, and should not be changed from viewer to viewer. But after all that you can't even finish this thing in 2 decades. Just say out loud what you tought, your fans will be there to support you ,even if some of them are upset about your thinking. remember a ton of ppl. love oyur show, give them what they deserve please, and give me, your hater a reason why I should evaluate things differently. GIVE US THE 4th REBUILD FILM, and even I will be content with that.

Overall: what I really hate in some shows even more than literal trash like Mars of Destruction, is the fact that the shwo made some really great things the left it to dry / made no sense out of it. It's like finding hte cure to cancer, writing a paper out of it, getting a hearth attack while finishing it, and as a last resort burning the paper to ashes, and sending your fortune to ISIS.
Jan 22, 2018 12:15 AM

Jul 2017
Dies Irae, the pacing was just bad, the story was meh, and also it was full of EDGE, which was probably sharper than that guillotine.
Jan 22, 2018 12:20 AM

Jun 2016
Neo genesis Evangelion Thats the worst anime I ever watch,Slow plot and Insane characters with little to no sanity. Half cast are like this,Only like one character In the whole show.

Jan 22, 2018 12:51 AM

Nov 2016
Black Clover (Astaaaaaaa)
yojouhan-shinwa-taikei (middle finger)

The irregular at Magic High (Onii sama)
Eromanga sensei (Onii chan)

High school of the dead (i dont know why people keep insisting its an anime its clearly hentai)

Katekyo Hitman Reborn (i wasnt ready to watch cartoons)
Little witch academia (i wasnt ready to watch cartoons)

the ones am not allowed to say
ajin
Zankyou no terror

BTW ... Elfen Leid is awesome
Jan 22, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
Devil May Cry - Boring curbstomp battles ahoy! Better off playing the games anyway. At least, Mars of Destruction gets a few points for being "so bad it's good" kind of thing and can be watched just for lulz. School Days has a satisfying ending that gives it some bonus points.
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
Jan 22, 2018 3:18 AM
Aug 2016
Adonc said:

Nobuaki Kanazawa :^) It's funny how he named the main character after him, fucking disgusting.
Jan 22, 2018 3:36 AM
Dec 2017
I know I'm probably going to get some kind of fan girl bashing my head in for saying that I didn't actually like the Noragami anime.

It wasn't so much the story (although a few things could be said about that) but Yato himself. He cam across as some stupid, hobo who was obsessed with getting a harem of girls once he got a temple. I don't know guys, I generally didn't like him very much.

Also there was this one anime which had to do with girls pushing each other off some kind of platform in the water, with their boobs and butts which was just........ I'm not going to swear here but it was just not my taste. I only clicked on it because it said something about the girl being a gymnast and I'd never seen an anime which mentioned this sport.
Jan 22, 2018 3:37 AM

Feb 2017
The new Berserk. I don't even know where to start on the "why?" since everything about it is so terrible...
Jan 22, 2018 3:40 AM

Dec 2016
Aslt said:
Adonc said:

Nobuaki Kanazawa :^) It's funny how he named the main character after him, fucking disgusting.
Omg just realized that... Sick bastard wanted to self-insert himself into a story full of rape, NTR, and gruesome deaths...
ShionJan 22, 2018 3:45 AM
Jan 22, 2018 3:48 AM
May 2016
I think its Seven Immortal Sin

I mean why the Heck they made only GIRLS (Demon Lord) and the sotry is full of Ecchi content... I can accept the God of Lust to get erotic but even Lucifer -_-
Jan 22, 2018 3:59 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Mayoiga is really not that bad.

Masamune-kun Revenge is pretty damn typical and I didn't read anything about it before hand, I just like stories about self improvement and it happened to be laced with bitter hate in the process. Yet as it does, become a harem shit show, and people pull this guys dick by making him look like a fool half the time you just know this fucker is gonna fall in love with said pouty bitch tsundere of circumstance and the manga is still ridiculously ongoing at 45 chapters but has been running since 2012.....kay. Honestly I should've learned my lesson from Skip Beat.

Love Stage. I assume this anime was made to make straight guys go gay because that is the only people I hear praise of this series other then ladies who only submerge themselves in the "yaoi cesspool". It's rapey as fuck and there is really no chemistry other than some past memory and some sexual connection I guess??? I don't understand the appeal whatsofuckingever.
Jan 22, 2018 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
Aku no Hana, the animation is so bad that it gave me a headache.
Jan 22, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
Hitorijime My Hero wins for me. Shit plot, shit characters, shit dialogues, shit animation, and shit rape everywhere. The kind of shit package that makes you wonder why you're not watching a hentai instead.

Biohunter and Silent Möbius bored me to death. Loved the hilarious pseudoscience bullshit about fortunetelling in Biohunter tho.
Jan 22, 2018 4:35 AM

Jun 2015
You probably mean shows that was finished instead of dropped in that case:
2012:Inferno Cop,Asura,Blood-C: The Last Dark
2013:Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199,Aku no Hana
2014:Pupa,Tokyo Ghoul
2015:Ninja Slayer
2016:Keijo,Berserk

I usually drop anything that I dislike, if dropped could be included my list would be quite long
Jan 22, 2018 4:45 AM

Jan 2017
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Overrated af, mediocre murder mystery storyline with probably the worst ending ever)
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (That ship has maxed out plot armor x9999)
Jan 22, 2018 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
some animes i really didnt like
Yuri on Ice
my friend made me watch the first episode and i found it really boring lost interest in the first 5 mins and i spent most of the time staring at the wall because that was far more interesting

and the 2nd one unpopular opinion i cant wait for all the angry fans
My Hero Academia
i found it really boring pritty much a more light hearted version of Hajime Hinatas story from Danganronpa but with little to no consequences for main character and the characters arnt interesting and i just really didnt like it
Jan 22, 2018 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
Sayoki-kun said:
Dies Irae, the pacing was just bad, the story was meh, and also it was full of EDGE, which was probably sharper than that guillotine.

I recommend reading the Dies Irae VN, if you want to appreciate the world and characters.
Jan 22, 2018 4:50 AM

Jun 2015
Gundiok said:
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Overrated af, mediocre murder mystery storyline with probably the worst ending ever)

Its the worst plot armor I have ever seen, though one has to admit its quite laughable, at the end of every episode the spaceship get half destroyed only to be magically restored at the start of new episodes!
Jan 22, 2018 4:52 AM

Jan 2017
I don't have a specific anime, but what I don't like is:

- any anime of modern high school teenager girls
- any anime uses 3D technology in a stupid and obvious way, like the masterpiece Berserk
Jan 22, 2018 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
Swim_Swim said:
Gundiok said:

Its the worst plot armor I have ever seen, though one has to admit its quite laughable, at the end of every episode the spaceship get half destroyed only to be magically restored at the start of new episodes!

Yeah and that ruined all the battles too. You know the ship is gonna survive even if it gets wrecked in half.
Jan 22, 2018 5:02 AM
Sep 2016
Golden Time, so much dumb shit going on
Jan 22, 2018 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
The one I always remember with hate is Tokyo Ghoul. That is because you are expected to sympathize with monsters that eat humans. But they never try to surpass their condition in any way and the food chain is unsustainable. Is just vegan propaganda masked as an anime. They try to make eating cows the same as eating humans. They ignore the length of the reproductive cycle for the two beings which is much much longer for humans.
Jan 22, 2018 5:16 AM

Jun 2009
Must be Amnesia. I lost brain cells watching it. I think I also had a mild brain aneurysm watching that abomination.
Jan 22, 2018 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
Literally every generic perseverance Shonen Jump anime with hideous visuals and lazy action sequences that take absolutely no effort to pull off, and absolutely nothing new to offer, including:

Dragon Ball
Naruto
My Hero Academia

Those 3 anime have a lot of things in common, including grotesque art styles, lazy action sequences with zero or badly executed camera rotations, abysmal storylines, and worst of all, perseverance excuses for victory.
removed-userJan 22, 2018 6:34 AM
Jan 22, 2018 5:53 AM

Jan 2018
Well, I was just talking about how bad Bakemonogatari is with a friend of mine, and that reminded me that I couldn't care enough to finish that show either. It's a painfully generic harem/ecchi series that masks itself as something special by making its storytelling into a disjointed and repetitive mess with roundabout dialogue, and yet it barely any actual story, then you have all these people going all "woah its so deep and philosophical man" over this shit.
Jan 22, 2018 6:06 AM

Mar 2016
Purely by the score I gave it, it would be Nazotokine because it was just boring and a total waste of time.

However, the one I am the most angry at has to be Metropolis, because unlike Nazotokine, I had some expectations for this one and ended up with an unfocused and weird mess with too many plot lines to finish even remotely and the feeling like I had wasted 90 minutes of my life.
Jan 22, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2017
Any "try hard" anime like
Tokyo Ghoul - plus the characters are terrible
Ergo Proxy - the most pretentious shit I've seen, it's boring
And many more, I won't mention them because they're an unpopular opinion.
Jan 22, 2018 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
Worst Anime I think I've seen is this show called Attack On Titan, It reminds me of a horror flick that gets a bullet by critics xD.
Jan 22, 2018 8:37 AM
Jun 2017
HaruChika... bored the crap out of me... sorry chika
Jan 22, 2018 8:43 AM

Feb 2015
Dies Irae is the worst even rating it a 1 is too high. Everything about it is awful. The VN might be good but the anime is garbage.
Jan 22, 2018 8:52 AM

Mar 2017
Might be Sho-bitch since it's my lowest rated yet. As for why, it basically combined a show I like (SYD) and a show I hate (Netoge). Add to that the shit production value and terrible voice acting. The only reason I gave it a 2 is because it has potential to be a good romance
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 22, 2018 8:54 AM
Oct 2017
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Elfen Lied - Bullshit
Toaru majutsu no index 2 and highschool of the dead - no story, plot only ecchi......

second on elfen lied, what a joke of a show

also clannad/clannad after story is trash. it has some of the most amateur, sinful writing, the character designs are abysmal, and the directing is really shoddy, which is surprising given who the director is. i forget which episode had it, but there was a supposedly emotional scene in after story that ends in a really bad match cut to what i only understood as a non sequitur image, only to cut to another scene entirely. also, every scene with an insert song was surreal since the music sounded like bargain bin enya and i didn't care about any of the characters to begin with.

also cipher, but that's on a whole different level. it actually is the worst thing i've seen so far but i genuinely appreciate it and its existence
Jan 22, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Ninja Resurrection
Master of Martial Hearts
Queen's Blade
Future Diary
Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection(Turned Kenshin from badass to sadass.)
Black Lion
Violence Jack
Odin: Starlight Mutiny
X/1999 the movie
Blue Gender: The Movie
Escaflowne: The Movie
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

53 by Eddgun »»
6 minutes ago

» What do you think about double dipping chips in anime?

ItsXolo - Yesterday

22 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - 8 hours ago

25 by ryzxgum »»
10 minutes ago

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

24 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
17 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 1 hour ago

5 by Morningstar991 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.