Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Jonesy974 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Wow, you must lack the capability of reading, because I see a great amount of comments talking about Todoroki's resolve, Midoriya's potential, Midoriya following the path of a true, the emotional impact Todoroki's flashback had, etc. You do realize that your in the minority, right? You see the episode poll, right? Is it that hard to accept that this anime is simply not for you, as the majority of people are satisfied with what this series is? BnHA is not my AoTS because I already have something that I prefer more than it, but that doesn't stop other people to believe what's right for them. You say the 8.7 score is unjustified, but you do realize that your opinion ≠ popular beliefs, right? You can say that you're not liking it as much as others, but that doesn't mean that the series doesn't deserve the popularity it has.

You would know all about the minority and popular beliefs right? Looking at your top 10, mainstream is all you know. Hypocritical talking about someone's opinion being unpopular when you are the embodiment of mainstream shounen fandom.

You're also assuming my thoughts on this season/episode reflect my thoughts on the series as a whole, including the first season...which is far from the case. Not that you would know from just making blanket assumptions.
I like how your talking about Mainstream and using it against him, but all your favorites is at the High up in "Most Popular" section lolol, fucking Hypocrite https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
Sup...
Jun 4, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Jonesy974 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Wow, you must lack the capability of reading, because I see a great amount of comments talking about Todoroki's resolve, Midoriya's potential, Midoriya following the path of a true, the emotional impact Todoroki's flashback had, etc. You do realize that your in the minority, right? You see the episode poll, right? Is it that hard to accept that this anime is simply not for you, as the majority of people are satisfied with what this series is? BnHA is not my AoTS because I already have something that I prefer more than it, but that doesn't stop other people to believe what's right for them. You say the 8.7 score is unjustified, but you do realize that your opinion ≠ popular beliefs, right? You can say that you're not liking it as much as others, but that doesn't mean that the series doesn't deserve the popularity it has.

You would know all about the minority and popular beliefs right? Looking at your top 10, mainstream is all you know. Hypocritical talking about someone's opinion being unpopular when you are the embodiment of mainstream shounen fandom.

You're also assuming my thoughts on this season/episode reflect my thoughts on the series as a whole, including the first season...which is far from the case. Not that you would know from just making blanket assumptions.

You're such a pretentious wannabe elitist that it's actually hilarious.

Please, continue being a tool and fashioning yourself as some kind of holier-than-thou provocateur in this site of awful taste. Your parents must be so proud.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jun 4, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was entirely awesome. Will be hard, but I hope they top it off in the end of the anime. 10/10
Jun 4, 2017 1:26 PM

Jan 2016
So much awesomeness its unbelievable, had to reread this chapter sense it been so long sense i saw this and damn they did pull this off quite nicely added some things but DAMMMMMMN *_* that was insane #recommendreadinigthemanga*^*
tbh it didnt get me as hyped i was when i read this in the manga /damn that it unforgetting, but it did it purpose, but im excited for the next story coming soon (☆ω☆)
Dead_By_HeartJun 4, 2017 1:43 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 4, 2017 2:09 PM
May 2010
G_Spark233 said:

The author did apparently cry over this episode and the person who wrote this is Kouhei Horikoshi. Mashima did Fairy Tail.

I missed reading that, I usually only go to anime and manga reddit.
I did know Horikoshi is the mangaka, it's just a little joke about the latest chapter of fairy tail
Jun 4, 2017 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode!

(Here comes a pessimistic rant though, because some things are just too stupid for me to ignore...)

I can't help thinking Deku behavior is really retarded though. He pays attention to all sorts of details about people's quirks. He's supposedly smarter than pretty much all others in this series. He should have been able to come up with a solid plan with his crazy analytical abilities.

In spite of all that, instead of finding the best opening to win the match and taking advantage of it, he fucking encourages his opponent to go all during the match... just to lose in the end precisely because of that. Which means basically Deku himself wasn't going all out, just like Todoroki said.

I can't put into words how retarded that is. If Todoroki loses the match because he doesn't want to go all out, then he deserves it. Just like Deku deserved to lose for being a major retard and encouraging Todoroki to pwn him. Instead of Deku becoming the rightful winner and shoving into Todoroki's face the fact that he's being childish for not going all out after the match, he goes out of his way to create a situation that leads to his own loss.

What a fucking fail! Congratulations for being a loser due to your own stupidity, I guess?
Jun 4, 2017 2:55 PM

Jan 2016
God damn, I should have known that the first season isn't indicative of the overall quality of the series, good shounen always start off slow. I gave it a six, but there's no way I could give this season less then an 8 rn, and if it keeps up it could become a 9. Man, this episode had me tearing up and shaking from excitement at the same time. This is one of the best episodes in the history of shounen adaptations.

And speaking of the best in history, that Nakamura cut was... just...it gave me everything, it gave me LOIFE HONEY YAAAS WERK BITCH COME THROUGH MHA SLAY ME DADDY! Yutaka Nakamura is the best, most talented animator in the history of animation, period, full stop. And as an animation buff, THIS is why I slog through the muck of mediocrity, THIS is why anime is my favorite medium. We should consider ourselves lucky to be alive in the age of Nakamura, the web-generation of miracles.

I may even buy the blu rays depending on how this season goes.
GoldNautilusJun 4, 2017 2:58 PM
Jun 4, 2017 3:15 PM
Dec 2015
Total newb here, but absolutely loving Boku no Hero, one of the top anime I've seen.

There's just one thing that bugs me. I feel like that if Cementoss (and possibly Midnight) hadn't intervened, that Midoriya might've won.
I mean, those walls literally negated their attacks, and Todo's attack might've been more effective against cement walls than Deku's!
Jun 4, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2013
Best episode of the year.
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Jun 4, 2017 5:42 PM

May 2014
Called it!
Such a great episode- I thought it'd be difficult to top the Ochaco vs. Bakugoo from last week but this episode surpassed that by leaps and bounds. I'm a sucker for emotion and a bit of tragedy during a battle, and this episode definitely delivered!

Also drove home how opposite Deku and Todoroki are- one inherited his quirk from his parents, the other was given theirs; Deku aspires to be like his father figure (All Might), yet Todoroki spurns his biological father. All ironic when you consider they have the same goal but very different approaches.

I was so proud of Deku...giving up his chances of winning for a "real" fight with his rival. He wanted Todoroki to go all out, because no matter which one of them won, it wouldn't feel right to half-ass it! Plus, he taught him a valuable lesson- once you as an individual are gifted with an ability, it's 100% yours no matter where it came from.

I was really surprised that Todoroki used his left side so soon though...I had a fit at my desk, good lord!!

Also, was anybody else slightly disturbed at Endeavour's little...episode? O_O
Every time he turns up, I hate him a little more and like Todoroki a lot more.
Seriously, this episode did a lot for his character and now I get why manga readers like Todoroki so much! No wonder he hates his father- the guy made his mother insane!

Preview showed Iida vs. Ibara, Bakugo vs. Kirishima and Tokoyami vs. Mina...all of which should be very interesting match-ups!
I'm guessing Bones want this arc wrapped up my episode 12/13 since it seems to approaching the end now?

EDIT: Also loved how everyone looked astonished to find out that Bakugo actually thinks. Yes, he can be tactical guys!! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 6:21 PM
Mar 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Vishuk4 said:
if deku got out of the tournament then it will end quikly like in 3-4 episodes but it is a 25 episodes season so what will happen after that???????
Uh, another arc obviously :D
This arc is ending in 2 or so episodes. After that, a new arc will start without spoiling anything.

The next arc will be as good as this?
Jun 4, 2017 6:41 PM
Nov 2015
Dronnie said:

Yes. I personally like the next arc more thant this one. And both arcs do not even come close to the best arc which unfortunately will not be adapted this season.
Jun 4, 2017 6:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Dronnie said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Uh, another arc obviously :D
This arc is ending in 2 or so episodes. After that, a new arc will start without spoiling anything.

It really depends on what you prefer from BnHA. Unlike this arc (which is character-driven), the next arc will be story-driven. It will introduce themes that end up being important for the rest of the series. It's low on action, but it'll have one major fight that can be on par with Midoriya vs. Todoroki (depending on how the studio animates it). That being said, it's also a shorter arc too, so there'll be one more arc after that. As for my opinion, the next arc is my favorite from the series so far.
Jun 4, 2017 6:46 PM
Apr 2016
Best fight in MHA so far along with All Might vs Noumu. Can't wait for next episodes. 5/5. The thrill and excitement I got from this is beyond explainable.
Jun 4, 2017 7:49 PM

Apr 2011
MadLane said:
garbage episode wtf, the objective is to win so why was that retard helping todoroki and making him stronger, when he could just punch him 100% power and win, if the last fight is also garbage i will drop this shit, I'm fucking disappointed

Why is a guy, who strives to become a hero and is constantly helping people in need no matter what situation he is in, trying to help todoroki ? oh gee I don't know, probably bad writing. There's also the fact Midoria cannot stand the fact people are intentionally not using their power considering his quirkless past, that's kinda insulting to him.
ValaskjalfJun 4, 2017 7:58 PM
Jun 4, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2007
WOW. What to say about this episode other than AMAZING JOB, Bones! tbh I'd never given Todoroki much thought early in this season or at all last season (not a manga reader)... but how much the last few episodes have changed my tune... goddamn is he a cool character! Much as I was disappointed with the results last episode, I'm very much happy with the outcome here. Once again, excellent work to all involved with this ep.
Jun 4, 2017 9:44 PM
Jun 2017
Holy gahd just watched it, but wished Deku won. I mean COME ON! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME
Jun 4, 2017 9:51 PM
Aug 2011
Todoroki hnnnnngh! I didn't enjoy season 1 but this one is awesome. The exploration of other characters is what I wanted to see and this arc has delivered.
The visual consistency blows me away, Bones has been part of some of the best fighting sakuga in the last two years or so.
Jun 4, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2015
this is it .
WE HAVE GOT THE ACTION ANIME OF THE YEAR

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jun 4, 2017 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
So what chapter does the episode end at?
Jun 4, 2017 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
FlamingMangos said:
So what chapter does the episode end at?

This episode went through Chapters 38 through to halfway through Chapter 40.

So if you wanted to start reading, go from page 10 of Chapter 40.
http://manga.fascans.com/manga/my-hero-academia/40/10
Jun 4, 2017 11:58 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
was a great episode, when Midoriya shows his determination, and help his "enemy" to grow!!!!!
Jun 5, 2017 12:38 AM

Apr 2014
That... that Kill la Kill + Gurren Lagann + Kekkai Sensen last episode effect!!! dammmnn!

Oυт σƒ тнє Ɗαякηєѕѕ αη∂ ιηтσ тнє ℓιgнт, Ɯє ωєяє נυѕт ρєσρℓє ωнσ вℓє∂ ιη тнє ηιgнт. Ƭнєη α ѕтяαηgєя cαмє αη∂ ѕнσωє∂ υѕ тнαт ℓιƒє, cσυℓ∂ σηℓу вє gαιηє∂ тняσυgн вιттєя ѕтяιƒє...
Jun 5, 2017 1:04 AM

Nov 2014
The_King_Terry said:
Great episode but does anyone else think Midoriya could've won it a few times? When he got close and landed hit, he could've just used a little more power from his quirk to push out a fatigued Todoroki....doesn't take away from the episode, just something I noticed
he still can't control his power well. he can't use his full power on shouto cuz he'll die. so he thinks of the microwave and held back and punched him. he's not at the point where he can control how much power he uses in his punch yet. so the "use a little more power" isn't possible at the moment.
Jun 5, 2017 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
each episode just keeps getting better and better
Jun 5, 2017 1:27 AM

Nov 2014
srafayms said:
Great episode, we were all waiting for.
But it's still ok if Midoriya lost, because Todoroki is on a different level.
Remaining episodes of this season now aren't worth watching i guess, damn :(

if you don't watch the rest it'll be the greatest regret of your life, because the upcoming arcs are much better than the sports festival, all manga readers would agree with me. The next arc is when bnha truly starts to shine. the sports festival is just, in my opinion, a convenient way for the author to introduce us all the main and side characters, their quirks, and their relationship with each other. To prepare us for the later plot. It would do him no good to have something happen and suddenly pull some class b characters out there to fight along side with class a, when we don't even know wtf they are and what their quirks are. that's why the sports festival is necessary. the arc after this is when the story of bnha truly begins.

Haytin said:
Man fuck this whats the point of watching the rest of the tournament if the main character isn't in it.

Do you honestly expect Midoriya to win the tournament, defeat people like bakugo, todoroki, who have years of practice with their quirk, when he only just received his quirk a few months ago, and can barely control it? Boku no Hero is not the type of anime where the main character is super OP and all the side characters are below him, despite having more practice than he had. If you want OP characters, I direct you to Sword Art Online. Kirito never lost a battle and he became the strongest player by playing solo. That's the OP you want. Izuku is not.
derprume said:
Shouldn't Todoroki also be blasted away... Or are we ignoring physics here.

Midoriya was in the air, jumping towards todoroki when their power collides, so he was thrown back with no support, while todoroki, who has his feet planted on the ground, obviously has more support than midoriya has.
Jun 5, 2017 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! i'm speechless this whole episode especially their last clash! supremely awesome!
but Midoriya lost...damn! even-though he lost, there would be something to redeem himself!
The fight was exhilarating that might be the best match already...and even the adult heroes prevented the clash! that was an extreme moment!
5/5!

Jun 5, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
ttcchen said:

Do you honestly expect Midoriya to win the tournament, defeat people like bakugo, todoroki, who have years of practice with their quirk, when he only just received his quirk a few months ago, and can barely control it? Boku no Hero is not the type of anime where the main character is super OP and all the side characters are below him, despite having more practice than he had. If you want OP characters, I direct you to Sword Art Online. Kirito never lost a battle and he became the strongest player by playing solo. That's the OP you want. Izuku is not.

His power is broken he should've won the tournament but they wanted to turn Midoriya isn't a retard who wastes time just blowing back ice thats coming towards him. The fight made no sense they completely dumbed him down just so he would lose. I read ahead in the manga too, this arc is trash completely disappointing.
Jun 5, 2017 1:44 AM

May 2013
FlamepriesT said:
Great episode!

(Here comes a pessimistic rant though, because some things are just too stupid for me to ignore...)

I can't help thinking Deku behavior is really retarded though. He pays attention to all sorts of details about people's quirks. He's supposedly smarter than pretty much all others in this series. He should have been able to come up with a solid plan with his crazy analytical abilities.

In spite of all that, instead of finding the best opening to win the match and taking advantage of it, he fucking encourages his opponent to go all during the match... just to lose in the end precisely because of that. Which means basically Deku himself wasn't going all out, just like Todoroki said.

I can't put into words how retarded that is. If Todoroki loses the match because he doesn't want to go all out, then he deserves it. Just like Deku deserved to lose for being a major retard and encouraging Todoroki to pwn him. Instead of Deku becoming the rightful winner and shoving into Todoroki's face the fact that he's being childish for not going all out after the match, he goes out of his way to create a situation that leads to his own loss.

What a fucking fail! Congratulations for being a loser due to your own stupidity, I guess?

If he used his full power to land a punch, he'd of kill him.
Jun 5, 2017 2:25 AM

Oct 2009
This episode! This is the stuff I miss from anime these days!
Just flawless!!! How do I raise score above 10?! Man so much emotion, tension and heart in this!

Every week of BnHA is a real treat!

1000000/10!
Jun 5, 2017 2:35 AM
Oct 2016
Haytin said:
ttcchen said:

His power is broken he should've won the tournament but they wanted to turn Midoriya isn't a retard who wastes time just blowing back ice thats coming towards him. The fight made no sense they completely dumbed him down just so he would lose. I read ahead in the manga too, this arc is trash completely disappointing.

"this arc is trash"
Lets see what 10 episodes of this arc has gotten for us...
"introduce more of side character quirks"
"todoroki's problem"
"bakugou's character exploration/development"
"uraraka's character development"
"todoroki's character development"
"midoriya's resolved"
"glorious animation"
you're right, its pretty trashy right? :v

honestly, if you read manga(and ahead of it) i'm not really sure why are you disappointed with this arc. if you prefer if midoriya just wreck everything and become OP that made all the side/supporting character seems useless then i understand why you disappointed with it.
but yea, i doubt that will happen in this show. as fa as i read the manga, the mangaka put his attention to his side character too. thats a good plus for me because that make lot of his character likable/lovable...
Jun 5, 2017 2:39 AM
Jun 2017
Valaskjalf said:
MadLane said:
garbage episode wtf, the objective is to win so why was that retard helping todoroki and making him stronger, when he could just punch him 100% power and win, if the last fight is also garbage i will drop this shit, I'm fucking disappointed

Why is a guy, who strives to become a hero and is constantly helping people in need no matter what situation he is in, trying to help todoroki ? oh gee I don't know, probably bad writing. There's also the fact Midoria cannot stand the fact people are intentionally not using their power considering his quirkless past, that's kinda insulting to him.

Really? I didnt feel like its out of character at all in fact if he didnt butt his nose in I would have thought that would be bad writing.
Jun 5, 2017 2:44 AM

Nov 2014
Mator said:
Fantastic episode. Wish I could convince all my friends to watch MHA, they have no idea what they're missing.

same here, most of them only watch dragon ball z and thats it. the only other loves boruto and the moment i bring up bnha, he would respond a few syllables then immediately talk about boruto again. they have no idea what they're missing.

Jonesy974 said:
Less than satisfying end to an already mediocre fight that just happened to have good animation.

This show's awful tropes are starting to get tiring. Supposed to be about some kid who has OP god tier powers, and neither he nor any of his friends ever win jack shit. Finally stops crying for an episode and you think things might go well and it just turns into the same shit. Just like how he contributed nothing during the villain attack on the field trip.

The fuck is the point of a shounen show when the MC and all of his friends fucking suck ass? That's the polar opposite objective of the genre generally speaking.

that 8.7 rating is completely unjustified up to this point. wtf.

whats the point of a shounen show? the 3 key elements of shounen is friendship, Effort, and Victory. Boku no hero has all of that. Therefore, it fits being Shounen. It seems you've grown used to the cliche way shounen genre usually operates and refuses to be open to innovative plots. Shounen, like u said, always has a mc and his friends who kickass and is OP and has a plot that's enemy shows up, mc and his friends fight, struggles and some losses, win in the end, new enemy shows up, and such. I'm not saying boku no hero didn't follow that format at all. it just started with characters who aren't at that level yet. look at shigaraki, a villain (not even the big boss) who almost killed aizawa if not for others' interference. those noumu too are deadly and, despite being prototypes, they almost got all might. if the pro heroes have troubles dealing with them, what makes you think the kids, the students can start kicking ass? they need to train first, because right now, they are weak. they suck ass, true, that's why they need to train to become powerful. nobody starts out being strong (if you want an op mc in the beginning of an anime, maybe Sword Art Online is more your type).

G_Spark233 said:
Jonesy974 said:

AOTY??? Lmao, watch more anime please.

Nah it's definitely AOTY. Not sure if you've noticed this but almost everyone loved this episode.

AOTY is just your opinion. I love Bnha, being up to date with the manga and everything, and I believe this is better than Naruto Bleach and One Piece combined. But, I wouldn't call it "AOTY" because of Attack on Titan season 2. That is 10/10 for every episode so far this season and is a hard foe for Bnha to defeat if you want to call it AOTY.
Jun 5, 2017 2:48 AM
Oct 2016
benjamin106465 said:
Valaskjalf said:

Really? I didnt feel like its out of character at all in fact if he didnt butt his nose in I would have thought that would be bad writing.

"Why is a guy, who strives to become a hero and is constantly helping people in need no matter what situation he is in, trying to help todoroki ?" he already know that its midoriya character to help other.
valaskjalf saying "bad writing" in satire way... he doesnt really mean it, he just want to point the obvious thing to madlane (who somehow miss that point)..
Jun 5, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2014
Haytin said:
ttcchen said:

no he shouldn't have won the tournament, because he cannot control his power while his opponents all have years of practice and has complete control over their power. izuku can only block the ice attacks because he needs time to think up tactics and observe to find openings to strike. how would you make him win? use OFA on his legs to boost himself towards todoroki and use a full power smash on todoroki and kill him? or think of the microwave and use half of his power, and ends up having his attack blocked by ice? and then he'd have broken his fist and leg, how would you expect him to fight, let alone win, in that situation? therefore the smart thing to do isn't to attack at first chance, but to observe his opponents attacks to look for weak spots. That's being smart. And that is also why Bakugo didn't launch a full scale explosion at uraraka in the beginning to blow her out of bound, because what if she avoids the explosions and manages to get close to him? He's said himself that he has a limit and that the full scale explosion hurts his hand. that would be a bad situation for bakugo. And the same goes for izuku.
Jun 5, 2017 2:52 AM
Oct 2016
ttcchen said:
Mator said:
Fantastic episode. Wish I could convince all my friends to watch MHA, they have no idea what they're missing.

same here, most of them only watch dragon ball z and thats it. the only other loves boruto and the moment i bring up bnha, he would respond a few syllables then immediately talk about boruto again. they have no idea what they're missing.

Jonesy974 said:
Less than satisfying end to an already mediocre fight that just happened to have good animation.

This show's awful tropes are starting to get tiring. Supposed to be about some kid who has OP god tier powers, and neither he nor any of his friends ever win jack shit. Finally stops crying for an episode and you think things might go well and it just turns into the same shit. Just like how he contributed nothing during the villain attack on the field trip.

The fuck is the point of a shounen show when the MC and all of his friends fucking suck ass? That's the polar opposite objective of the genre generally speaking.

that 8.7 rating is completely unjustified up to this point. wtf.

whats the point of a shounen show? the 3 key elements of shounen is friendship, Effort, and Victory. Boku no hero has all of that. Therefore, it fits being Shounen. It seems you've grown used to the cliche way shounen genre usually operates and refuses to be open to innovative plots. Shounen, like u said, always has a mc and his friends who kickass and is OP and has a plot that's enemy shows up, mc and his friends fight, struggles and some losses, win in the end, new enemy shows up, and such. I'm not saying boku no hero didn't follow that format at all. it just started with characters who aren't at that level yet. look at shigaraki, a villain (not even the big boss) who almost killed aizawa if not for others' interference. those noumu too are deadly and, despite being prototypes, they almost got all might. if the pro heroes have troubles dealing with them, what makes you think the kids, the students can start kicking ass? they need to train first, because right now, they are weak. they suck ass, true, that's why they need to train to become powerful. nobody starts out being strong (if you want an op mc in the beginning of an anime, maybe Sword Art Online is more your type).

G_Spark233 said:

Nah it's definitely AOTY. Not sure if you've noticed this but almost everyone loved this episode.

AOTY is just your opinion. I love Bnha, being up to date with the manga and everything, and I believe this is better than Naruto Bleach and One Piece combined. But, I wouldn't call it "AOTY" because of Attack on Titan season 2. That is 10/10 for every episode so far this season and is a hard foe for Bnha to defeat if you want to call it AOTY.

agreed, while i really love BnHA, to claim it to be AOTY when its still half a year is a bit rude to other shows, atleast wait till this year ended.
This show is amazing, but be sure to respect other show too. ^^
Jun 5, 2017 2:59 AM
Jun 2017
Valaskjalf said:
MadLane said:

mmmm, I would not call it bad writing because this trait of deku to help him fits the ideal of a hero in this world. I understand why you might have an issue, but to me this fight would be nowhere near as good if they only had deku trying to simply win and the emotions weren't there. Which is why i personally find dragon ball so lackluster
Valaskjalf said:
MadLane said:

bad writing? idk about that, but it fits deku's character quite well in my eyes. Honestly winning in this tournament really means nothing if the person winning is like endeavour. If he could participate and crush everyone I dont consider him to be in anyway heroic compared to others.

sorry about the double sumbit. Im still learning how to reply to things.
Jun 5, 2017 3:29 AM

Nov 2014
Jonesy974 said:

I wouldn't say 95% either. But I'd definitely argue somewhere around 80...maaaaybe 85% at most.

besides...It's not THAT farfetched. This is the same community that will knowingly rate any ecchi anime a 6 or lower simply because...it's ecchi.

Don't say it as if everyone in this community is like that, because that's not true. I, for one, rate anime based on the enjoyment I received while watching it. I may rate Prison School a 10/10 because I love how it mix ecchi with comedy (and goodcomedy) and I definitely had a good time watching it, and Naruto a 7/10 because the talk no jutsu is infuriating me. Not everyone gives ecchi anime low ratings just because of ecchi, these are people who hates porn and ecchi and just goes around giving them low ratings because of their own belief. But most people here rate anime due to enjoyment, not the genre.

Jonesy974 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
You're calling me hypocritical for assuming something, despite the fact that it was reflected in your original comment (that you liked the first season). Yet your judging my taste in anime by simply looking at my favorites. That's like me saying that you only prefer anime with cute girls by simply judging your favorites. I love Gintama, so I put it in my favorites. I love Bebop, so I put it in my favorites. I love JoJo, so I put it in my favorites. Should I kick them off my list because their 'mainstream'? Since your too ignorant to find it out yourself, I watch almost all the anime that airs in a season because I want to open myself up to different types of anime; both the stuff that I like and the stuff that I hate. But go ahead, keep on believing that mainstream is all I know. Keep on calling others hypocritical for the same problems you have yourself.

Your complaining about a lack of constructive writing available on this thread. If people found an episode enjoyable, then they have all the rights to express their love online, and they shouldn't be restrictive to 'objective writing'. Your so-called 'constructive critisism' is literally just you complaining about the fact that the protagonist didn't win this fight and how him and his friends haven't done anything at all. Sure, Midoriya's got OP powers, but he can't control them properly because he's been only using them for a month or so. How the hell to do you expect him to beat a person who's basically spent his entire life training his powers. Do you really prefer MC plot-armor over a more realistic and believable outcome. And if you really want some 'objective writing', here's this and this. These reviews have more credibility to them than any of our comments, since, you know, they're actual journalists and not some random person with no journalism experience trying to sell his point to others.

See? You didn't like when I assumed your tastes either. Maybe the takeaway is to...not do that? Seemed like you figured at what I was getting at pretty quickly.

"Objective writing" means unbiased. I don't care if people liked the episode or not. If they did, they did. I said that if they liked it they should be able to put some intelligent thought behind as to why, not that they have to be nothing but objective. I never called my criticism constructive. Why would it be anyway? Constructive implies giving advice to the creator for them to improve. They don't care about MAL comments.

As to the criticism itself, yes that's exactly what I'm complaining about. All of the main characters have been nothing but losers so far; despite having good powers/friendship/teamwork etc. Deku especially has been given an incredible quirk and its essentially been wasted because all of his efforts thus far have amounted to nothing. It's not about plot armor or gary-stu at all. And I wouldn't enjoy seeing Deku or anyone just run train either. I think it would've just been better writing to have him beat Shoto and then lose his next fight due to his injuries from being reckless (since they made a point to mention it heavily during the fight). I'd also argue it would've been better for Shoto's character development to get a dose of humility from a loss to the underdog.

I appreciate the links, unfortunately I just happen to dislike both IGN and ANN. At least you went through the trouble of posting them at all.

I have no intention of joining this argument, and I can see where you guys' are coming from both sides. But I have to say this after seeing you call the main characters "losers". You say they're weak after seeing them fight each others, that means they have lot more to learn and grow before they can become strong enough to face the enemy. Our mc izuku has only received his power about a month ago, and there's no way he can gain control over it and become strong enough for your standard. Others too, they are just students. And if you call them losers because they're weak comparing to the villains, then keep in mind that even pro heroes like aizawa and all might has troubles with the antagonists, how do you expect our mcs to become strong enough in this case? Therefore, they're not "losers", they are just starting out their hero careers, they are only at the beginning of the climb. More struggles and practices are awaiting them before they will become strong. And "loser" is a total insult to how much effort they've put into their dreams. losers are people who cannot stand up for themselves and never succeeds in anything they do? Can our mcs stand up for themselves? bakugo will blast your face if you say no. Can they succeed? definitely, if they can get into the top hero academy in the country.

GosuGian said:
Midoriya lost the battle, but won the war
SUPERB CLASH and ANIMATION
5/7 Perfect score!!!
Jun 5, 2017 3:55 AM

Nov 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Unless Violet Evergarden, Vento Aureo, Legend of the Galactic Heroes(Production I.G) comes out, I don't see any other anime topping Boku no Hero(especially the arc after this)

After the next arc, this shounen anime will prob top all those mainstream ones, however, i have doubts about AOT s2. that's on a roll this season. each episode is 10/10 for most people. it'll be difficult to beat.

FlamepriesT said:
Great episode!

"I can't put into words how retarded that is."
It's because that's you. You're not Izuku. You cannot relate to him because he's a quirkless nobody and wants to be a hero so bad yet everyone tells him "no" simply because he doesn't have a quirk. And here we have todoroki born special, has a powerful quirk, and he rejects part of it. It's a total insult to izuku, who's born with nothing, who's fighting against todoroki, who's born with everything and isn't giving his all. besides, winning a battle when ur opponent isn't at his 100% wouldn't look good on u. remember, the tournaments is for u to show urself to the hero agencies. just by winning wouldn't get you that. look at hatsume mei, she lost, but im sure many support companies are gonna fight for her and her "babies". besides, izuku wants to become a hero who saves people, not saying anything about todoroki's problem doesn't suit him. but u wouldn't understand because you cannot relate to him.

animmar said:
Haytin said:

"this arc is trash"
Lets see what 10 episodes of this arc has gotten for us...
"introduce more of side character quirks"
"todoroki's problem"
"bakugou's character exploration/development"
"uraraka's character development"
"todoroki's character development"
"midoriya's resolved"
"glorious animation"
you're right, its pretty trashy right? :v

honestly, if you read manga(and ahead of it) i'm not really sure why are you disappointed with this arc. if you prefer if midoriya just wreck everything and become OP that made all the side/supporting character seems useless then i understand why you disappointed with it.
but yea, i doubt that will happen in this show. as fa as i read the manga, the mangaka put his attention to his side character too. thats a good plus for me because that make lot of his character likable/lovable...

you're right in that this anime focus a lot on side characters, in contrast to the other mainstream shounen. this shows in the newest chapters of bnha when the mangaka gave the 2 fan-made characters more screentime, instead of giving them a few panels and throwing them aside. seriously love this mangaka.
ttcchenJun 5, 2017 7:55 AM
Jun 5, 2017 4:32 AM

Aug 2008
That last explosion is so epic that I came so hard my ball went dry.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 5, 2017 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
This episode was so amazing!The feels and the soundtrack is just so aaaaargh. I'm seriously considering reading the Manga which I don't really do a lot of.
Jun 5, 2017 6:26 AM
Nov 2016
Finally, Yutaka Nakamura being on this show, I easily recognized Yutaka Nakamura's work from those flashy black & white sketchy effects upto those insanely detailed Yutapon Cubes lmao.
Jun 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
Top 10 Anime Battles
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 5, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
riorangel21 said:
Finally, Yutaka Nakamura being on this show, I easily recognized Yutaka Nakamura's work from those flashy black & white sketchy effects upto those insanely detailed Yutapon Cubes lmao.
he also did todoroki vs faux robots s2 ep 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT THIS WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATED FIGHTS OF ALL TIME AND I'M NOT KIDDING! WTF THIS WAS INSANE

I have already read the manga but this surpassed it by alot! And that says alot about how good this was cause the manga is superb
Jun 5, 2017 8:43 AM

Oct 2016
This has got to be the best ep of season 2 yet
Jun 5, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
ttcchen said:
FlamepriesT said:
Great episode!

"I can't put into words how retarded that is."
It's because that's you. You're not Izuku. You cannot relate to him because he's a quirkless nobody and wants to be a hero so bad yet everyone tells him "no" simply because he doesn't have a quirk. And here we have todoroki born special, has a powerful quirk, and he rejects part of it. It's a total insult to izuku, who's born with nothing, who's fighting against todoroki, who's born with everything and isn't giving his all. besides, winning a battle when ur opponent isn't at his 100% wouldn't look good on u. remember, the tournaments is for u to show urself to the hero agencies. just by winning wouldn't get you that. look at hatsume mei, she lost, but im sure many support companies are gonna fight for her and her "babies". besides, izuku wants to become a hero who saves people, not saying anything about todoroki's problem doesn't suit him. but u wouldn't understand because you cannot relate to him.

It's not like I can't relate to how much effort it took him to become a hero. If there's one thing I admire in life, it's definitely the determination it takes to accomplish major life goals. And it doesn't stop there, because I'm also incredibly analytical, just like Deku when he was watching the show. I mean, just read my previous post for crying out loud, that much should be obvious hehe. What I can't relate to is how stupid Deku's decision is despite everything I said above.

The issue isn't the fact that he wants to help the guy. Deku proves his point by pushing Todoroki to a point he can't win without his other powers, which is fantastic. But then, he decides to go out of his way to convince him [i]during[i/] the match for no good reason.

He could have easily taken advantage of Todoroki's stubbornness to win when he reached a point he couldn't fight anymore, then said the same things right after the match to make him realize he's chosen the wrong path, which would be obvious enough already even without him saying.

The battle did look like a spectacle at the end of the day, but it was already a huge confrontation even before Todoroki decided to go all out. You can't say Deku would have looked bad by winning here, that's just so wrong I can't even begin to describe it. And this certainly wouldn't have been the only fantastic battle in the tournament for him. So no, I don't think the logic cuts it.

-Swish said:
If he used his full power to land a punch, he'd of kill him.

Landing a punch like he did is not only a lot more dangerous, but also less effective. But he did get close enough to land a punch, so instead how about fucking grabbing Todoroki and throwing him away with enough strength that he wouldn't be able to avoid leaving the ring? Far less dangerous, far more effective.

Or maybe knock him out like a boxer by hitting him with a moderately powerful uppercut, although it's easy to argue that it wouldn't suit the series even if it's logical. Anyway, that's beyond my point. I wasn't talking about how he could have won per se. The issue is that he lost because he was trying prove a point AND convincing his opponent in the middle of a match, rather than prove his point by outclassing him to a point he couldn't win with his mother's quirk alone, then not giving him a chance to recover and convincing him LATER.
Jun 5, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2017
That battle was surprisingly amazing. Midoriya could win when he hit Todoroki but thanks he didin't want to nearly kill him
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jun 5, 2017 12:34 PM
Dec 2013
Easily the best episode of Boku no Hero Academia. Also surprised to see that at the time that I'm typing this, the show now has a higher rating and is ranked higher than Attack on Titan S2 on MAL, most likely because of this episode. :O
Jun 5, 2017 2:05 PM
Aug 2014

ttcchen said:
derprume said:
Shouldn't Todoroki also be blasted away... Or are we ignoring physics here.

Midoriya was in the air, jumping towards todoroki when their power collides, so he was thrown back with no support, while todoroki, who has his feet planted on the ground, obviously has more support than midoriya has.

Someone already answered this... There was ice around him after the blast; so either not all of the ice was melted away or he formed more ice during the blast. Just having his feet on the ground would not of been sufficient to stop the force from the air pressure.
derprumeJun 5, 2017 2:08 PM
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.