Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2017 5:28 PM
Jan 2015
Season two please
My Queens

Mar 25, 2017 5:41 PM

Sep 2016
I want season zwei of this show! Onegai shimasu!

Diversity and super-comfy without the huge boobs borderline-pedo jokes that plagued Kobayashi-san no maid dragon. 9/10 would rewatch with a friend.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 25, 2017 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
Ah! What a great way to end a good series with fanservice? I hope the best for Tetsuo and his experiment in the future. I'm truly gonna miss watching this after Ex-Aid cause it was relaxing. The plot also was simple but the characters was actually the thing that shined with nice development and likability.

Critical Grade: 75%
Enjoyment Grade: 79.54%

Mar 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Zarator said:
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

So, you hate a slice of life series for being "slice of life". And you hate a show for sticking to the theme it's title suggests......

Don't think the problem is with the show....

Lol, being "slice of life" is no excuse for not giving depth to characters - heck, if anything, SoL series should give even MORE depth to characters than, say, a shonen action anime. I almost feel like even DBZ's cast has more depth than these chars (debatable, I know, but the sheer fact it can be argued is NOT a point in favour of this series).

There are plenty of SoL out there who do the whole genre better - with a better cast, an actual story, and a more original outcome. The problem isn't even with the premise: as Katawa Shoujo arguably shows, the premise of girls with a physical issue CAN be done well and thoughtfully, even within a broadly-speaking "japanese animation" context. But Demi-chan completely eschews it in favour of pandering to the audience, by betting all on the "moe factor".

Frankly, I don't have something specifically against "moes", but when a show's appeal is ONLY the fact that there are "moe"... I'd rather watch a show which has "moe" chars but for a reason. Who knows? It might even be easier to actually get to CARE for a char if you're given a reason for doing so besides "wow that's so cute"?
Mar 25, 2017 6:16 PM
Oct 2012
Zarator said:
being "slice of life" is no excuse for not giving depth to characters -

Well, one can argue "depth" endlessly, but I would point out that you missed the important development of this series - the demis were normalized. That is actually quite a bit of development. The point of the show is not for the characters to overcome, it's for the rest of the world to view them for what they are: normal girls. That's why the teacher is a biology teacher - he explains why they are the way they are. I like that part of this show very much, I like modern rationalization of the supernatural.

Zarator said:
Frankly, I don't have something specifically against "moes", but when a show's appeal is ONLY the fact that there are "moe"... I'd rather watch a show which has "moe" chars but for a reason. Who knows? It might even be easier to actually get to CARE for a char if you're given a reason for doing so besides "wow that's so cute"?

As for moe, that is an honest taste issue. I can see why lots of people dislike it. I can't say that I think this show is "all that", but it was pleasant to watch, I would give it a 7 (I grade pretty harshly). I think a "1" is more projecting than an honest assessment.

Edit: just watched the final episode. An "8". Love that a teacher is NOT attracted to students. And his relationship with the other teacher is extremely cute. Love how he lusts for her, but rationalizes away the chance for love. Nice touch.
Takuan_SohoMar 25, 2017 6:55 PM
Mar 25, 2017 6:17 PM

Apr 2010
AWW bummer, no full body shot of Satou-sensei in Bikini..

DANG!! Hikari got me hook, line, and sinker at that last scene.. I really thought she was early to arrive in school and she was being serious with what she's saying.. My favorite genki girl!! XD

loved this series, hoping for a second season but I'm content even with this one season since they've done it very well..
Mar 25, 2017 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, another wrap-up.

All these good anime of winter 2017 coming to an end, and this is one of them.
Succubus sensei is still the best girl
Hikari best genki girl
SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!!!
...I mean, more demis pls, like werewolves, kappas, etc.

Swell anime, overall. 8/10.
Mar 25, 2017 6:48 PM

May 2009
What a great show. Lighthearted, but still interesting and serious at times. Perfect for relaxing and having some feels.
Why is Sato sensei so erotic? >.<
The Dullahan analysis was so fun too, from the scientific perception~
I hope this gets a second season, if there is more to come. If not, still fun. 7-/10
Mar 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
When Satake fell out of the tree I was freaking crying from laughter LOL.

Okay so we got some fan service, but it was still kept pretty clean throughout the episode. Also we got some pretty cool more interview things about Vampires and Dullahans.

Machi was about to go under water which was cool, and is also a huge fear of a Dullahan as well. I didn't really know much about Dullahans not being able to go near streams, that was a nice bit of folktale information.

The animation was really beautiful in this episode. When they had the moment of them splashing around I was thinking "Wow, they must have went in to get this kind of animation." Though the animation throughout the entire series was really well done.

This and Kobayashi are the only two shows of the Winter season that I would wait in anticipation for it to be released with subs.

Easily a 10/10 show in my opinion.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 25, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2009
Loved this series from start to finish excepting only the early Yuki arc, but everybody gets one. I will remember it fondly and hope that I can be half the man or even a third of the man Ironman is
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 25, 2017 8:28 PM

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:
Pool episode is perfect way to end anime on positive note

You SOB.....you took my job....MY JOB!!!! That's...my...JOB!!!!! lol

AHEM....

I mean, you beat me to it. But I crop better than you. :P
Mar 25, 2017 8:29 PM

Sep 2014
I loved it. Plain and simple. I can't say anything else. It was a great show that just made me smile every time.

Also, my waif....Sensei in that swimsuit....

And that beast of a man known only as the real Tokyo Tower...
Mar 25, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
Nice ending, pretty satisfying for most of the characters.
If there was another season I'd like to see at least 1 more type of demi human introduced. And some romantic development.
Mar 25, 2017 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
I gonna miss this animu :'
I like this so much
8/10
Mar 25, 2017 9:42 PM
Jun 2016
This was a great episode to end the show on. They could have gone all out with the fanservice and I'm glad they didn't. There was comedy, information (for lack of a better word whenever this show delves into demi lore) and seriousness.

They still managed to add focus to some of Hikari's and Kyoko's demi traits in what should have been an episode to wrap everything up so kudos to them for doing that. And adult Hikari can attack me anytime. They managed to make laugh at a panties scene without showing any actual panties. Trust me Hikari, you will have absolutely no problems getting married.

It's cool how they addressed Kyoko's attraction to Tetsuo in a serious manner while also adding in a bit of comedy as to how dense Tetsuo is when it comes to noticing Sakie's obvious attraction to him.

The recap sequence and montage of all the character's current whereabouts was also very sweet. I should have known better than to think Hikari was actually early to school. The single downside for me in this episode was that Himari didn't go to the pool (I like Himari, go ahead and sue me).

Overall, I enjoyed this show a great deal and to paraphrase Iron Man's last words: "I need many, many more episodes with these demi-chans!". But I know the show adapted the majority of the currently released content so it may be a while before we get another season, if at all.
Mar 25, 2017 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
This show is too damn cute and heart-warming / 10
Mar 25, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2014
going to miss this one. pretty good.
Mar 25, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
What a great show. Cute, relaxing and even thought-provoking. A bit sad it ended.
Mar 25, 2017 11:22 PM

Nov 2015
Zarator said:
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

I'd rather play Katawa Shoujo than (re)watch this series - at least the girls in Katawa Shoujo are ACTUAL chars (who're not defined solely by their disabilities), and the MC gets called out on his white-knight attitude when needed. But I guess otakus prefer to have their protective moe-like feelings appeased these days... what a disappointment.

1/10

You expect me to believe that you watched an entire season despite hating it all the way through til the end?

Nice bait, but the show is a slice-of-life. There shouldn't be any action. The comedy was enough to make me laugh which is high praise coming from this emotionless robot. There was plenty of drama in the show. Literally every character arc had some drama. Again, literally every character arc developed the characters and made them more believable. There not being an issue isn't a valid argument considering that this show is ALL ABOUT THE DEMI'S UNHUMAN NATURE. That's like going to a war film and getting a sitcom or something. Takahashi's white knight attitude is addressed MULTIPLE TIMES. It's even laid out flat during the ending scenes of episode 12.

So, like I said, Nice Bait.

Though I still took the bait.
Sonicfanx1Mar 25, 2017 11:29 PM
Mar 25, 2017 11:25 PM

Nov 2015
Overall a great show. I give it a 9/10.

Good development for characters. I like how it expands on the lore behind mythological beings and studies them in depth. There were some scenes that made me laugh and that's high praise coming from someone who DOESN'T LAUGH (to anime). The animation was great. The opening, while beautiful, wasn't my cup of tea. I just wanted to get to the show to be fair.

I really do hope there's a second season, though I'm not sure how they can expand on this without getting into artificial drama as in drama caused by characters and not by their traits or actual problems that they have.
Mar 25, 2017 11:26 PM

Aug 2009
Sensei is best MC 2017

-Ripped
-Considerate
-Isn't a bitch
-Responsible
-Not a pedo

10/10 MC

7/10 for the show

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 26, 2017 12:25 AM
Dec 2016
When you watch an enjoyable anime and somehow end up learning from it as well. Damn was this a good one!
Mar 26, 2017 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
Really sad to see this series end T_T

Loved every episode. Watching these episodes every Sunday morning always brightens my day ^_^

Hikari in that white cape being all Vampire-ish was really cute and Takahashi doing the same was funny as well haha.
The pool scene was great. Satake peeking and falling off the tree after seeing Satou. GOLD. HAHAHA. It was really nice of Takahashi to bring Satou since she never gets to do these kinds of stuff because of her nature as a Succubus ^_^
Seeing her in a swimsuit and Takahashi going "EROOOOOO" HAHAHAH. FUCKING DEAD. Those scenes crack me up everytime. And damn he's got such a built body xD Machi and Satou couldn't handle the hotness :P Yuki controlling her laughter after Satou making that pun was funny and cute haha xD Also, underwater scene with Machi was really beautiful <3
Nice moment with Hikari in the end as well. How he wanted to help them but he got a lot of help from instead :D Hikari sweet taking Takahashi to get out of writing her name on the list but he's having none of it xDD

Overall it was really enjoyable and fun show to watch. A really heartwarming series that puts a big smile on my face every week and I'm really hoping we get a second season sometime in the future. Giving this series a solid 8/10.
RyunuosukeMar 26, 2017 12:32 AM

Mar 26, 2017 12:55 AM
Aug 2016
the manga isn't even above anime huh? :(
Mar 26, 2017 1:05 AM
Jan 2017
I really would love if the show had dedicated more screen time to sakie-sensei moments. I love the other girls too, but succubus with tetsuo is just awesome.
Well, the show does not have much of a plot except the SOL everyday issues, so, I guess there is not much need to wait for second season. Though, I feel like the other two dullahans are going to enter this show soon if there is a second season
Mar 26, 2017 1:38 AM

May 2009
Zarator said:
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development

Stopped reading right here. 0/10 bait. Try again, shitposter.
Mar 26, 2017 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
I've seen a lot of SOL and this was one of the better ones. Didn't take itself too seriously and had a few good gag moments. I worked while watching this anime and it was a pretty laid back experience, would be down for another season though it doesn't seem like the type of show to get another.
Mar 26, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2016
Hoping for season two, with Sakkie and Tetsuo ship sailing!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 26, 2017 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
At first I was just hopeful souls towards this, since there was a lot of food for thought, but then I had fun in watching it and the protagonists have managed to impress me. The real star performer was Hikari, but also other protagonists were fun and funny in their own way. Part of the credit goes to the professor, he too was hilarious. Very cute and nice the opening, perhaps one of the most beautiful in the winter season, even the ending, I liked it. This anime enters the top ten series of the season for me.
I hope that in the home version, improve the quality of the drawings, given that in recent episodes, has been declining.

For now, my vote is 8/10.
Mar 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2016
Takuan_Soho said:

Well, one can argue "depth" endlessly, but I would point out that you missed the important development of this series - the demis were normalized. That is actually quite a bit of development. The point of the show is not for the characters to overcome, it's for the rest of the world to view them for what they are: normal girls. That's why the teacher is a biology teacher - he explains why they are the way they are. I like that part of this show very much, I like modern rationalization of the supernatural.

That sort of contradicts how the show was introduced - telling us that this all happened in a near future where demis were accepted members into society. But besides this, the fact is that there was no focus on the chars OTHER than their demi nature... as if they had no other personal issues than those stemming from their demi nature which are explored in the show. I honestly cannot believe that, if such demis existed in the real world, their life would be THIS shallow. For a comparison, do you rly think that just because, say, a person is blind, her only issues should stem from the fact she is blind? That such a person could not have, I dunno, love problems, projects for the future, etc?

The "modern rationalization" thing is fine and all, but if characters are shallow as they are, it all leads to reinforce the feeling that they're just there as objects - objects of study, objects of affection, whatever you want. They're not treated as independent people with independent aims/issues. Then again, I guess that's functional to the show's attempt to pander to the moe effect... but that's not necessarily a good thing.

As for moe, that is an honest taste issue. I can see why lots of people dislike it. I can't say that I think this show is "all that", but it was pleasant to watch, I would give it a 7 (I grade pretty harshly). I think a "1" is more projecting than an honest assessment.

Edit: just watched the final episode. An "8". Love that a teacher is NOT attracted to students. And his relationship with the other teacher is extremely cute. Love how he lusts for her, but rationalizes away the chance for love. Nice touch.

I don't dislike moe per se, I dislike moe when the show is making a blatant attempt at selling a character (or an entire cast, as in this case) based solely on this "moe factor". And I hate it even more when a male char is portrayed as having a "white-knight" attitude towards said "moe" characters without being ever called out on that by said "moe" chars - because again, it feels more like pandering to the base than trying to portray actual chars.

As for the vote, I just ranked it according to the other shows I've seen, and so far, I've not yet watched a show as bad as this one. Maybe, should I find and watch shows which end up being actually worse than this one, I will change ratings all around accordingly, but I doubt I could give it any more than 4 (and even that feels like a big stretch).

As for the other butthurt people who replied to me... if you cannot believe that I actually sit there and watch it, well... I guess that's your problem, not mine. That's all I can say, as there are no actual arguments you have made that I could answer.
Mar 26, 2017 2:56 AM

Feb 2014
Starting this originally I wasn't sure I would enjoy it. I seemed a bit slow for my tastes.

Finishing episode 12, this has become one of my favourite anime of the season.
I loved all the characters and the development.
Also bonus points for Sakie and Takahashi being hot af.
Mar 26, 2017 4:31 AM

Oct 2014
demi-chan is over...

DEMI-CHAN IS OVER! :'(
F***!!!

I'm going to miss this show... :'(
Mar 26, 2017 5:14 AM

Nov 2009
Zarator said:
Takuan_Soho said:

That sort of contradicts how the show was introduced - telling us that this all happened in a near future where demis were accepted members into society. But besides this, the fact is that there was no focus on the chars OTHER than their demi nature... as if they had no other personal issues than those stemming from their demi nature which are explored in the show. I honestly cannot believe that, if such demis existed in the real world, their life would be THIS shallow. For a comparison, do you rly think that just because, say, a person is blind, her only issues should stem from the fact she is blind? That such a person could not have, I dunno, love problems, projects for the future, etc?

They had plenty of issues not stemming from their demi nature. Sure, their demi nature often figures one way or another into every aspect of their lives, but that is not all there is there.
Hikari is lazy and energetic; Kyouko is a honor student who falls in love with a teacher; Yuki is a shy girl who doesn't want others to know she likes humor. These are all very human traits. And they impact their lives no less than their demi natures.

Maybe it's you who fails to see the demis' human sides, because you're paying too much attention to their demi traits?

x3mslayer said:
Why is Sato sensei so erotic? >.<

Is it because she is a succubus, or is it because she is a young woman?
I'd say it is because she is a young woman who usually keeps herself under wraps, but it fails to completely shut off her beauty.

ichii_1 said:
Sakie still not getting anywhere, guess sensei is dense too.

More like, he is to busy blocking off her succubus charm.
Mar 26, 2017 5:23 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

They had plenty of issues not stemming from their demi nature. Sure, their demi nature often figures one way or another into every aspect of their lives, but that is not all there is there.
Hikari is lazy and energetic; Kyouko is a honor student who falls in love with a teacher; Yuki is a shy girl who doesn't want others to know she likes humor. These are all very human traits. And they impact their lives no less than their demi natures.

Maybe it's you who fails to see the demis' human sides, because you're paying too much attention to their demi traits?

Being "lazy and energetic" is not an issue, and it's hardly played for drama in the show. Being a "honor student" is not an issue, most of the female chars fall for Takahashi-sensei to various degrees, and it's part of the whole "moe" premise rather than an independent issue of the character. Yuki's perhaps the only char who has something resembling actual issues, but once again they're a direct result of her demi nature and are resolved quite damn fast (within a couple episodes since we're actually introduced the char rather than seeing it on the background).

It's not me paying too much attention to the demi traits, it's the show giving little else than those and giving WAY too much attention to those (heck, we learned more about Kyouko's "black hole" than any of the character's family issues, for example). Again, I invite you to check Katawa Shoujo or something to that extent to see what real character issues look and feel like... and what character development actually is. But I guess KS's "don't be a white-knight" message might hurt most of the people who liked this series, so I'm not surprised nobody cares.
Mar 26, 2017 6:43 AM

Jul 2015
So, anyone know where to move on from if you want to continue in the manga version?
Mar 26, 2017 7:31 AM

Feb 2014
Zarator said:
Again, I invite you to check Katawa Shoujo or something to that extent to see what real character issues look and feel like... and what character development actually is. But I guess KS's "don't be a white-knight" message might hurt most of the people who liked this series, so I'm not surprised nobody cares.

I can't find Katawa Shoujo in MAL...?
Mar 26, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2015
Protoz said:
Zarator said:
Again, I invite you to check Katawa Shoujo or something to that extent to see what real character issues look and feel like... and what character development actually is. But I guess KS's "don't be a white-knight" message might hurt most of the people who liked this series, so I'm not surprised nobody cares.

Katawa Shoujo is a western production, IIRC. I think it's not even an anime, isn't it a Viusal Novel?
Mar 26, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2009
Protoz said:
Zarator said:

Katawa Shoujo is a visual novel. VNs aren't listed on MAL. https://vndb.org/v945

@Zarator, while I'm sure you have an important political message to say, you should not deny the good things that Demi-chan already has, even if it does not have something you feel it needs. The original manga is not finished, so you can write to the author about things you feel should be included in it.
Mar 26, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2015
Great way to end this show. I'm really going to miss it and the characters ;-;...

This was probably my second favorite of the season after Kuzu no Honkai. It was just really heartwarming and fun to watch. I'm hoping for a second season in the future. Sensei was such a fantastic character!

10/10.

Mar 26, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
I will sure miss this anime.
Mar 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2011
This show had it's problems, but it's still my favorite from the season... very, very closely followed by Youjo Senki. And holy hell, Tetsuo is ripped as fuck. Damn.
Mar 26, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2010
AOTS for me. Hoping for a 2nd season.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Mar 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
dbDrakkon said:
Protoz said:

Katawa Shoujo is a western production, IIRC. I think it's not even an anime, isn't it a Viusal Novel?

Yes, Katawa Shoujo is a Visual Novel produced from an international (mostly Western) work. But I still would advise it here because,

(1) its graphics are clearly inspired from Japanese animation (just look at the arc intros and you'll see, you can find them on Youtube but beware spoilers^^);

and (2) most importantly, many of the typical anime tropes which shows like Demi-chan play completely straight (the "cute disabled girl", the "protective male MC", etc.) are completely deconstructed, showing what is potentially wrong with these tropes and how they should be played in a more mature/grownup way.

flannan said:

Katawa Shoujo is a visual novel. VNs aren't listed on MAL. https://vndb.org/v945

@Zarator, while I'm sure you have an important political message to say, you should not deny the good things that Demi-chan already has, even if it does not have something you feel it needs. The original manga is not finished, so you can write to the author about things you feel should be included in it.

The good things Demi-chan has are things which you can find in a dozen other anime - do you rly need a list of anime with moe chars or heartwarming moments? The main problem is, there are many shows where these things are NOT the only thing the show is about. They play them in more original and interesting way. Demi-chan, on the other hand, is simply a moe show, nothing more, nothing else. There's basically nothing else to it than cute girls doing cute stuff with an excuse plot which follows overdone tropes (the shy girl, the girl who loves her teacher, etc.).

Also lol, if I were to write to each anime writer whose show I didn't like, that'd be quite a lot of drawing^^ Plus, as the forum discussion shows here, people like moe shows, apparently (either that, or they haven't realized/don't wanna realize what's bad or what's to be deconstructed about said shows).

As a final point, I do not intend to preach on any kind of political message whatsoever (unless you want to read my dislike of flat/shallow/monotone chars as "political", I guess)
Mar 26, 2017 11:12 AM

Oct 2008
dbDrakkon said:
So, anyone know where to move on from if you want to continue in the manga version?

The latest chapter released in Japanese is 36. The latest translated chapter is 26. The anime covered all chapters up to 34. So if you can read Japanese start at 35. If you need english then you can only wait for now.

In any case the anime covered almost everything already out so there isn't much to continue reading now.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Mar 26, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
This was such a chill anime with some really deep thoughts about how demi girls fir into society i liked both the serious and comedic moments quality anime solid 7.5/10 i would say :D im going to miss it now though :'( also Sakie looking tip top in that bikini and holy moley Takahashi is SWOLE haha
Mar 26, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2015
I thought the show was a nice feels good show. But I would have liked to have seen some decent male demi-humans, not that one boy from the police force. I know, I know, it's called "Interviews With Monster Girls." The show was clearly using the fact that they were demi-humans to showcase how we should treat people that are different from us and that we should embrace their differences not ignore them.

However, wouldn't throwing in a male demi or two into the school might have been a good way to show different viewpoints of demi-humans? My point is there wasn't too much variation between on how the girls dealt with being a demi.

We have an easier time seeing the growth coming from the human side because there are conflicts between the two groups and then self reflection on the normal students actions. While on the demi side it's a little harder to see anything other than the constant reassurance that they are normal beings and that there is nothing wrong with them.
Mar 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Mar 2014
LOL Satou-sensei thristy as always xD Meanwhile Iron-man sensei is so ripped O:!

Very nice episode.

Overall since is the last episode, I really enjoyed how the show picked some uncommon ones like the duhallan & the yuki-women and gave them "logical" explanations based on their myths (the wormholes episodes was very mind-blowning). In other hand I don't like fact that Hikari is a vampire since vampires is like the most exploited monster in whole the media in all the history so we have already a great concept about what are them (like that the sun burns them or the garlic stuff, you can't just appear there with your manga/anime and just deny those!), still she is a nice & funny character (trying to avoid the note about being late was very silly in this episde xD).
Mar 26, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
kowalski_1123 said:
...I mean, more demis pls, like werewolves, kappas, etc.

I get that some people are not into "moe, but don't you think you're pushing it? They've proven that a dullahan kan work, but a kappa? (>.<)

Fredo_p said:
bastek66 said:
Pool episode is perfect way to end anime on positive note

You SOB.....you took my job....MY JOB!!!! That's...my...JOB!!!!! lol

AHEM....

I mean, you beat me to it. But I crop better than you. :P

I have new job for you: please make ten hour loop remix of Saki mumbling about the video.

munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,.. munnhum munnhum munnhumh,..
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 26, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2016
Easily one of the best swimming pool / beach episodes I've seen in anime, if not the best. It didn't focus on the fanservice as much as it did the characters, and that's good storytelling.

I loved seeing everyone happy and smiling at the end, they were genuinely having a good time, both the demi-chans and the humans alike. It was heartwarming, honestly.

What a great way to end this show.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Mar 26, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2016
5/10 too plain and dull for a pure slice of life without cute or comedy
best girl is the sister
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

94 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 8, 3:22 PM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.