Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2016 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it was okay i guess, more silly than I had thought for a Digimon show.

The MC and his partner was somewhat fun to watch. As it takes place so far in the real world, there's a blend between fiction and reality. The digital aspects of the show gets slightly serious but the graphics is pretty cartoony.

I kinda like Gatchman so far though, at least he seems fun to watch.
Sep 30, 2016 9:20 PM
Apr 2013
soooooo muuuccchhhh better than Tri(shit) with all forced nostalgia and forced teen drama all about. I really like that they're more ambitious in this than Tri with the plot. It takes the elements from Adventure, Tamers, Savers, and XW. And it blend good.

The animation also is much better than Tri can. Especially the Appliarise.

Haru = Takato but calmer and more into bookworm. I like the way he is.
Gatchmon is a very fun character. He's like the next shoutmon, and I like the personality, blending with the calmer Haru as Buddy.

They realized enough that they can't really take effort to make good action, so they make it different. Rather than intense fighting, it was made creative with how each appmon's personality is. I really like what they did to messemon, attacking with chat words, from mocking with animal-words, demotivating, etc.

This is a very refreshing series for those who've been fed up with what TOEI did with Tri. Reaally hope this goes well with about 4 cours or about 50 episodes. Gonna be a long time, sure.

The 3DS demo game also has been pretty goooood so far.
Oct 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
Not a bad start. Reminds me so much of Xros Wars Hunters. Hope this one doesn't fail as Hunters did.
The fact that this TV series have better graphic than Tri, THE FKING MOVIE, blows my mind.
Oct 1, 2016 8:08 AM
Apr 2013
BokuDayo said:
Not a bad start. Reminds me so much of Xros Wars Hunters. Hope this one doesn't fail as Hunters did.
The fact that this TV series have better graphic than Tri, THE FKING MOVIE, blows my mind.

the similar part of hunters is just the AR fields, which is pretty much Digiquartz. Also purified appmon will be your teammates. The story, and such, are very very different. It have less chance to be fail as Hunters as this one has great possibility
Oct 1, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
what the hell L even doing here revenge kira?

for first ep all they said is main character/are you main character etc

last min remind me of fail xross on Hunters SHIT
also the appmon version of digital world (?) too

OP and ED was ok for first digimon without wada kouji

partner being replace by buddy
ZBlastHistoryOct 1, 2016 8:45 AM
Into the Internet!
Oct 1, 2016 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
Is there a fan subbed version out there?
Oct 1, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2014
Am I the only one who thinks the MC is a bit like Yukiteru?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 1, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 2013
ListAandM said:

for first ep all they said is main character/are you main character etc

last min remind me of fail xross on Hunters SHIT

partner being replace by buddy

XW was the first OP without Wada Kouji
Oct 1, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
The only thing I'm hopping for is that it turns out better than Hunters and XWars although XWars was slightly enjoyable.
Oct 1, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2013
I liked ep. 1.
Chat monster and next GPS monster. Wonder how they are gonna filled other monster if all type of app is used.
Haru also likable. It is pretty creepy if you'll be asked if you're protagonist or not on vending machine like that.

OP is good.
Oct 2, 2016 5:10 AM

Apr 2015
I know that Haru is voiced by a female actress, but somehow he just doesn't sound like a guy to me.
So I liked the fact that the female character with the pink hair (in the opening) has like a non- feminine digimon. Reminds me of a fusion between veemon and gumdramon.
The best part for me has to be the vending machine. The fact that it drop out a digivice seems so unique and hello digiQuartz except now you don't have to say "open."
Oct 2, 2016 6:44 AM
Feb 2016
I liked the first episode. They made the MC someone who loves book, and gave him a reason to be so, which is interesting. While I don't really like his weak personality (for an underdog story and it kinda contrasts with Taichi's unwilling to battle story arc), it was the least for me to worry about. I'm a bit scared that they are going to make DigiDestined and Appmon combine, but we'll see.
Oct 2, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
Arguably this MC is Takato second coming, weakling MC not always bad stuff sometimes that is refreshing for Digimon case where we always get Brave shounen archetype
I always thought the next Digimon MC should be like Takato but smarter and book worm my image we would get a megane MC but this still good.
Oct 2, 2016 9:08 AM
Apr 2014
I watched every digimon anime series so I might as well watch this one as well
I like the concept of d̶i̶g̶i̶m̶o̶n̶ appmons disturbing people's lives and mess with the smartphones, LCD screen and shit, it's basically an update of what digimons used to do. Wonder how they'll do the Digital world in this one.
RIP Koji Wada it won't truly feel like a real digimon anime without his music.
MC looks like the Arc V MC and the main girl looks like the main girl from Arc V too.
Pretty underwhelming first meeting between MC and his partner.
Gatchmon's gimmick is so retarded and annoying, no need of this searching and typing and shit if you're just gonna hit the mon with your claw lmao.
Don't like the Main character/side character self aware shit, it's probably gonna be one of the main plot points of this series too.
I don't think it will be as horrifying as Hunters, which was worse than freaking Pokemon at it's worst, Appli Monsters is looking similar to Xros wars so far, I hope they don't plan on keeping the Happy go lucky mood for too long, Digimon thrives on suffering and sadness, just look at Tamers.
MC with goggles [✓ ]
MC love interest [✓ ]
MC edgelord rival [✓ ]
Leomon dying [ ]
Oct 2, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2008
Haven't seen Xros Wars, but other than that, this was the weakest opening episode. It's not bad, I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Curious about how Digimon will work in this one, combine apps similarly to Xros Wars fusion, have classic evolutions, or maybe something completely unique?

Gatchamon is alright, but the enemy Digimon was really uninspiring. I hope the next Digimons have actual designs instead of being anal beads.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 2, 2016 9:15 AM

Feb 2013
I like the concept, but I don't like the digimons at all, I hope it will get better but I don't see any potential in this one.
This looks worse than Xros Wars Hunters, and that's bad.
Oct 2, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2016
This is why Pokemon is bigger.
Oct 2, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
kinda disappointed.... digimon is way better... difficult to buy the ew appmon concept
Oct 2, 2016 10:58 AM

Apr 2011
It was okay the concept is cool but the execution wasn't there but I will give it a couple more episodes
Oct 2, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2011
From first episode, looked like a refreshed version of Digimon Xros Wars Hunters (and that's not so bad cause Hunters had an interesting start) but... Appmon series seems like it has a very young age target group, younger than previous seasons.
Maybe the producers are planning to make this anime a big hit and build a new legacy like they did with Digimon Adventure. I don't know if they can take it cause I don't belong to that target group.
So far I like the appmon idea but the execution is ugly for me. The new "digital app monsters" looks so bad cheap and bad designed. Hope we will see the classic digimon as secondary characters on this series.
The producers seems also are planning to modernize the digimon franchise. My experience says that when I was a kid I didn't even knew what a tamagochi was, or that digimon were V-Pets but I loved digimon anyway.
Oct 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
ListAandM said:

LOL I'm not the only one who noticed XD.

Alright, looks like my fears seem to be put to rest--except I'm not sure if I'll get used to Haru's voice. I think it's going to be nice to see him grow as a character (from bedwetter to hero), but that voice kind of makes me hard to take him a little seriously, not going to lie. I just feel it's a little hard to believe he's 13 with that voice.

But otherwise, it was actually not a bad first episode. I don't have a smartphone, so I'm not sure if that contributes to me not really understanding too much of what's going on, but at least Gatchmon is there to explain how things work. Speaking of, I think I'm going to like Gatchmon, I thought he was going to be a little annoying, but what I thought was his voice from the PV turned out to be coming from the AppliDrive, I think. Thank God, I was worried I was going to have to put up with a screechy character like in Monster Strike.

It's still way too soon of course, but after what went on with the text bubbles, this is going to be interesting to see it dubbed (if it'll get dubbed) based on what was laid out in this first episode. I wonder what kind of liberties they may have to take; I can imagine that if the kanji remains, they may have a voice-over reading it in a distorted, robotic tone of sorts. Kind of similar to how Ophanimon contacted the DigiDestined through their phones in Frontier, is what I'm thinking of.

I'm going to keep in mind the hacking elements that was going on in the first half of the episode, because that sounds like it's going to be a running thing. Touching upon cyber security I think will be a pretty cool idea for Digimon to tackle, and using smartphones could be an interesting way to look at it.

So yeah, I'm sold. Silly first episode, but it should get much more interesting as time goes on like with every Digimon series. I'm a little excited to keep up with this.
Oct 2, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
We came from Cards, Spirits, Police Force, and Fusion to applications? Not a bad concept but it looks kinda silly. Also, nice going make your own version to Digi Quartz

4/5

Oct 2, 2016 7:17 PM
Apr 2013
LOL for those who still think the creatures shown in this show is still called Digimon.

I guess you guys needs to stay from your standards on judging "digimon" design in this show, coz it won't even prevail as these appmon has their own philosophy on design directing.

Drake1000 said:

MC looks like the Arc V MC and the main girl looks like the main girl from Arc V too.
Pretty underwhelming first meeting between MC and his partner.
Gatchmon's gimmick is so retarded and annoying, no need of this searching and typing and shit if you're just gonna hit the mon with your claw lmao.
Don't like the Main character/side character self aware shit, it's probably gonna be one of the main plot points of this series too.
I don't think it will be as horrifying as Hunters, which was worse than freaking Pokemon at it's worst, Appli Monsters is looking similar to Xros wars so far, I hope they don't plan on keeping the Happy go lucky mood for too long, Digimon thrives on suffering and sadness, just look at Tamers.
MC with goggles [✓ ]
MC love interest [✓ ]
MC edgelord rival [✓ ]
Leomon dying [ ]

lol bruh, what's the similarity with that yugi-oh rather than hair color? I guess you compared too much.
Hunters is the worst digimon? yeah
but worse than pokemon? lol nope anytime.
Pokemon only tells you stupid adventure with a character that will only reset when it ends, also the series usually giving false hope, which is far worse rather than bad story and less characterization. Hunters at least didn't give pseudo-hype which only lead towards great disappointment. XY is one of the great false hope.

also why the battle is retarded? it's rather creative than just punch and punch. It gives you reflection of why gatchmon didn't get a chance to attack it and what's wrong. It's rather an interesting battle than Tri.

otterman965 said:

so? I'm just pity for those who watch pokemon, only leads to another false hope. Appmon is a hidden gem.
DATS24Oct 2, 2016 7:27 PM
Oct 2, 2016 7:21 PM
Apr 2013
Kurisenshi said:

So far I like the appmon idea but the execution is ugly for me. The new "digital app monsters" looks so bad cheap and bad designed. Hope we will see the classic digimon as secondary characters on this series.

bad designed? lol they're based on their own philosophy which based on smartphone application by look. It's what make them different than classic digimon.
You won't see any classic digimon design except maybe some will remind you of older digimon design like Gomimon and Mirrormon. And it's likely no classic digimon will appear. Don't hope too much.

I guess you need to stay from your standard which only compares the design to classic digimon. If the design looks exactly same with digimon, then what's their difference as Appmon?

I rather find it funny that ppl still can't enjoy this show freshly without having to be reminded and then comparing to previous digimon series/similar other series. Whereas, they could do it on another anime.
DATS24Oct 2, 2016 7:31 PM
Oct 2, 2016 9:00 PM
Mar 2016
hoho, i like it ... But, that pace look so fast

Forget it, I really like that animation
Oct 2, 2016 9:17 PM
Oct 2016
So far, I'm enjoying this anime. I can feel the Digimon app they're trying to sell (although I'm not sure if that exists or will exist). I'll say, however, it really feels like it's only Digimon in name and art style. Frankly, the virus-busting reminds me more of Megaman. I'm sure that will change later on... maybe.

I enjoyed Gatchmon's search gimmick; I thought, "Wow, they managed to somehow make it educational." Ultimately, like someone said early, Gatchmon just punches the virus. I think the gimmick will be a useful "tool" for solving problems as well as discovering them later on.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7/10 - good enough to feed my crave for Saturday morning cartoon nostalgia.

~Zyba

Btw, this is my first post from stalker-turned-poster (or whatever you call it).
Oct 2, 2016 9:38 PM

Jul 2016
DATS24 said:
otterman965 said:

so? I'm just pity for those who watch pokemon, only leads to another false hope. Appmon is a hidden gem.

Said the guy who watched more Pokemon than me.

Calm down. This episode is average at best and you know it.
The story is hella generic.
That moment before AppliRealize is one huge cringe.
The soundtrack is bland, can't even remember one anymore at the moment.
Gatchmon is supposed to be the mascot, but he is neither cute nor cool. Well, at least he's kinda likable character-wise.
The fight is so stupid. Mark as read? What the actual thing is going on there? Hopefully there won't be nothing as stupid next episodes.

The concept is interesting, I'll give it a praise for that and thus I'll check out more of it. However, judging fom this first episode, Pokemon is just better, by far. I don't know how this one will turn out in the future, if it's good, then it's good for me to have something good to watch. If it's bad, I would drop it and wouldn't ever have to bear the embarrassement of once claiming it a hidden gem based on only one episode, one suckass episode not to mention. Win-win for me.
Oct 2, 2016 10:22 PM
Apr 2013
otterman965 said:

The fight is so stupid. Mark as read? What the actual thing is going on there? Hopefully there won't be nothing as stupid next episodes.

The concept is interesting, I'll give it a praise for that and thus I'll check out more of it. However, judging fom this first episode, Pokemon is just better, by far. I don't know how this one will turn out in the future, if it's good, then it's good for me to have something good to watch. If it's bad, I would drop it and wouldn't ever have to bear the embarrassement of once claiming it a hidden gem based on only one episode, one suckass episode not to mention. Win-win for me.

haha, you really don't appreciate creative fighting? lol
pokemon better? yeah greninja lose against a type it had advantage of.
By first episode pokemon is better? yeah, pikachu goes down to level 5 and lose to starter every new season. pokemon fight can be more intense indeed, but most of the fighting are just stupid especially the result.
grenjinja? best friend? pffttt, get released episodes after

story generic? based on first episode you can already judge the story? pfffttt

At least appmon has the potential unlike Tri.

also Gatchmon>>>>>>>>>pikachu anytime
it doesn't need to be very cool or cute, as long as he has its own character treatment, it's already a very good thing that makes it not as a fighting tool
DATS24Oct 2, 2016 10:26 PM
Oct 2, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
Well, nothing bad nor new for what is probably a kids coming-of-age adventure.
In our cellular phones world, turbulent appli-monsters are like bad spirits, they can easily disturb humans and their privacy. I know this idea of perturbations in the real world has already been treated in Tamers and Savers but the way it is done here reminds me far more Yôkai Watch (you'll find other points too)

The only real weak point lies in Gatchmon fighting technique: as a search engine incarnation, it is a good idea that it can research in a battle to be effective, but the "to block Internet chats spam, simply note them as read" sounded pretty stupid, and the way it was done in the fight (just shouting "READ") made it even worse.

3/5

Now, as a Digimon fan:
Another step toward modernity after XWars:
- the drawings style has similarities and the monsters designs are like the next level of what already changed with Xross. Too bad for me, the general monsters design was what lured me in the first place to the brand.
- the partner/buddy has its own distinct personality (a thing started in Savers) and its own goal (Xross). I wasn't a fan of Shoutmon and this Gachmon gives me the same impression, but it is a undoubtedly a good idea to preserve.
I also expect a purge of the angel/demon component (who was already strongly reduced in the last series.
At the end of the road, I will come to resent this new sub-brand like I did with the supposed return of Rockman in the videogame domain simply because of the disappearance of the original concept.

You're a main character: you're wearing goggles.
Thanks for the reminder, in case we didn't notice that was a Digimon entry.

ListAandM said:

I suppose there will be a fully drawn parallel world if we consider the ending's pictures.
Rei_IIIOct 2, 2016 11:17 PM
Oct 2, 2016 11:26 PM

Jul 2016
DATS24 said:
otterman965 said:

haha, you really don't appreciate creative fighting? lol
pokemon better? yeah greninja lose against a type it had advantage of.
By first episode pokemon is better? yeah, pikachu goes down to level 5 and lose to starter every new season. pokemon fight can be more intense indeed, but most of the fighting are just stupid especially the result.
grenjinja? best friend? pffttt, get released episodes after

story generic? based on first episode you can already judge the story? pfffttt

At least appmon has the potential unlike Tri.

also Gatchmon>>>>>>>>>pikachu anytime
it doesn't need to be very cool or cute, as long as he has its own character treatment, it's already a very good thing that makes it not as a fighting tool

Creative fighting? Mark as read by just saying "I've read your message"? Seriously? Remind me again how Messemon attacked Gatchmon? Remind me again how Gatchmon finished Messemon? Yup, same old physical attack. Welp.

So what a water pokemon lost to fire pokemon? Is it a bad thing? Did you just imply a water pokemon must win 100% against fire pokemon? Please.

Yes yes yes, how stupid Pikachu didn't fight as seriously as when he fought a Dragonite. How dumb. And oh geez. Ash gonna released Greninja? Clearly he hated Greninja. Just like how he hated Pidgeot, Butterfree, and Squirtle. Yup yup no reason behind it. Ash hated them. Come on, don't be dumb.

Jesus Christ, this guy. Please learn some comprehension. I clearly said 'this episode' in my post. Jesus Christ, please not so dumb and immature.

Why are you even bringing up Tri?

Oh wow Gatchmon is better than Pikachu? You know why? Because you said so!! How genius!! This intelligent, clearly outta this world!! Haha. Keep convincing yourself. Delusion is fun!
Oct 2, 2016 11:52 PM
Apr 2013
otterman965 said:

Creative fighting? Mark as read by just saying "I've read your message"? Seriously? Remind me again how Messemon attacked Gatchmon? Remind me again how Gatchmon finished Messemon? Yup, same old physical attack. Welp.

So what a water pokemon lost to fire pokemon? Is it a bad thing? Did you just imply a water pokemon must win 100% against fire pokemon? Please.

Yes yes yes, how stupid Pikachu didn't fight as seriously as when he fought a Dragonite. How dumb. And oh geez. Ash gonna released Greninja? Clearly he hated Greninja. Just like how he hated Pidgeot, Butterfree, and Squirtle. Yup yup no reason behind it. Ash hated them. Come on, don't be dumb.

Jesus Christ, this guy. Please learn some comprehension. I clearly said 'this episode' in my post. Jesus Christ, please not so dumb and immature.

Why are you even bringing up Tri?

Oh wow Gatchmon is better than Pikachu? You know why? Because you said so!! How genius!! This intelligent, clearly outta this world!! Haha. Keep convincing yourself. Delusion is fun!

Yeah he once said greninja was his best friend, now he released it. lol based nonsense Satoshit, no wonder why he always reset himself. Glad the series bring him to school. Hope he doesn't graduate in the end.

It's indeed physical attack, but you don't realize all gatchmon do was trying to evade messemon's attack? that's the point. it can win easily, but didn't know how to evade simultaneous attacks. gatchmon was just trapped by replying what messemon said spontaneously. all it did was just crushing the attacks, not the messemon itself.

I'm not saying fire can't win against water, but man, it's just pretty stupid that greninja will never win against mega charizard X, as yeah charizard is the most overrated pokemon.

lol the first episode already gave gatchmon a character treatment, much better than 800 episodes++ pikachu has been

if you said "based on this episode", then I still agree to disagree though. Since when resetting to level 5 and losing to some starter is much better?
DATS24Oct 2, 2016 11:55 PM
Oct 3, 2016 12:44 AM

Jul 2016
DATS24 said:
Yeah he once said greninja was his best friend, now he released it. lol based nonsense Satoshit, no wonder why he always reset himself. Glad the series bring him to school. Hope he doesn't graduate in the end.

It's indeed physical attack, but you don't realize all gatchmon do was trying to evade messemon's attack? that's the point. it can win easily, but didn't know how to evade simultaneous attacks. gatchmon was just trapped by replying what messemon said spontaneously. all it did was just crushing the attacks, not the messemon itself.

I'm not saying fire can't win against water, but man, it's just pretty stupid that greninja will never win against mega charizard X, as yeah charizard is the most overrated pokemon.

lol the first episode already gave gatchmon a character treatment, much better than 800 episodes++ pikachu has been

if you said "based on this episode", then I still agree to disagree though. Since when resetting to level 5 and losing to some starter is much better?

He once almost left behind Pikachu. So what now?

Whatever you said there, the execution is still stupid. It tried to do things differently but it failed to make it good. It can still be good in the upcoming episodes. Who knows? I haven't written this one off yet. It's just that for this episode, it's a miss.

I don't know what's so stupid with Greninja unable to beat Charizard. It sounds just fine to me. One strong Pokemon lost to another strong Pokemon. Yup sounds normal.

Guess you completely forgot about the character treatment Pikachu got at the very first episode of Pokemon series. Okay. Also you must have forgotten Pokemon anime focused more on the adventure, knowing more about new pokemon, knowing more about the lores in Pokemon universe, knowing more about the characters, rivals, gym leaders, travel companions, and such.

Anyway, your post sounds so childish I'm cringing hard. Please be more mature.
Oct 3, 2016 2:08 AM
Oct 2011
lmao that was so fucking awful
Oct 3, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
DATS24 said:
ListAandM said:

XW was the first OP without Wada Kouji

Actually Digimon Savers was the first OP without Kouji Wada for its first half.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 3, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2009
An ok start for the first episode. So, Yuujin appears to be the main character in Haru's perspective but seems to be the antagonist near the end of the episode. Hmm, foreshadowing a conflict between him and Yuujin in future episodes.
Oct 3, 2016 5:52 PM
Dec 2009
I'm getting serious Yokai Watch vibes from the school setting and goofy main character but overall I think it's a show kids will really be able to enjoy. And as a longtime fan of Digimon and employee of an app company IRL, I'm excited to see where they're going with this. The idea of a "monster" for every app in your phone is really cute, truly a Digimon for a new generation.

The "bad" Digimon in this first episode was in a green messenger app that leaks information... seemed like an obvious punch at LINE (although people overseas might think of Whatsapp). Looking forward to seeing what kind of apps the other main character's Digimon are from!

The AR field is interesting... I guess inside phones is an "ocean" so the kids can't go there? Or will they go to some kind of Digital World later in the show?

One minor pet peeve, I wish the main characters didn't have green, pink, red and other crazy colored hair. It reminds me of how Yu-Gi-Oh and some other kids series have gotten lately and it takes away the realism. I think one of the great things about Digimon when compared to other "Monster" shows is that they always kept it fairly realistic (the kids, their lives, the settings, etc) which made it kind of seem like it could ~maybe~ happen.

Gatchmon seemed a bit annoying at first but as the episode went on he seems like he'll be a great partner for our "non-hero" type main character.

I came into this show totally blind and without having heard anything so sorry if some of my comments don't make sense if you know more background info about the show :) Overall it seems cute as a kids show, and I wasn't expecting anything more.
Oct 3, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
They aren't gonna even called them Digimon,do they? I think this series will be quite different than other Digimon series. They take the concept of Digital Monsters but turn into something else.

Oct 3, 2016 8:04 PM
Apr 2013
otterman965 said:
DATS24 said:

He once almost left behind Pikachu. So what now?

Whatever you said there, the execution is still stupid. It tried to do things differently but it failed to make it good. It can still be good in the upcoming episodes. Who knows? I haven't written this one off yet. It's just that for this episode, it's a miss.

I don't know what's so stupid with Greninja unable to beat Charizard. It sounds just fine to me. One strong Pokemon lost to another strong Pokemon. Yup sounds normal.

Guess you completely forgot about the character treatment Pikachu got at the very first episode of Pokemon series. Okay. Also you must have forgotten Pokemon anime focused more on the adventure, knowing more about new pokemon, knowing more about the lores in Pokemon universe, knowing more about the characters, rivals, gym leaders, travel companions, and such.

Anyway, your post sounds so childish I'm cringing hard. Please be more mature.

Hmm I'm afraid that I must say the same thing to you, who brought pokemon out of nowhere in this forum.

I really don't understand what's the stupid thing in this eps 1, and I saw that mostly ppl appraised how the battle using some interesting strategy like that.

Losing is okay, indeed. But if keeps losing many times no matter how strong you are against someone is just purely stupid and all your effort is completely futile, so why wasting episodes just for something you won't reach many times? Idk if you maybe have watched XYZ or not. But yeah, I can't even find what's better with pokemon anime rather than just action and good animation.

Adventure? Yeah, but most of the time you only meet random ppl what will be no longer remembered, even the whole adventure in the previous series won't be remembered at all as he resets.

And as I said, what I meant by false hope in pokemon anime is that the anime was actually good for some earlier arcs, but later then it only went downfall. Even the best characters like Team Rocket weren't ever properly treated with such potentials to be serious.
Oct 3, 2016 8:05 PM
Apr 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
They aren't gonna even called them Digimon,do they? I think this series will be quite different than other Digimon series. They take the concept of Digital Monsters but turn into something else.

There's reason why the title is still called "Digimon Universe"
Oct 3, 2016 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
DATS24 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

There's reason why the title is still called "Digimon Universe"

Because we are trying to create a new series with new kind of monsters but we want to attract more viewers so we use established franchise name eventhough what we are doing are different.

Oct 3, 2016 9:16 PM

Oct 2011
They're called Appmon....okay then
Interesting
Oct 3, 2016 10:15 PM
Oct 2013
This gonna suck!

Digimon is trying to feed itself with the popularity of Pokémon Go? Ok. Still can be good. I'm positive.

But then...

A crybaby as main protagonist. The forced friendship between Haru and Gatchmon. The friendship speech in the middle. The final attack who defeat enemies by searching of their weakness in the net.

My expectations with this series are of the 1% now.
Oct 4, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2016
DATS24 said:
Hmm I'm afraid that I must say the same thing to you, who brought pokemon out of nowhere in this forum.

I really don't understand what's the stupid thing in this eps 1, and I saw that mostly ppl appraised how the battle using some interesting strategy like that.

Losing is okay, indeed. But if keeps losing many times no matter how strong you are against someone is just purely stupid and all your effort is completely futile, so why wasting episodes just for something you won't reach many times? Idk if you maybe have watched XYZ or not. But yeah, I can't even find what's better with pokemon anime rather than just action and good animation.

Adventure? Yeah, but most of the time you only meet random ppl what will be no longer remembered, even the whole adventure in the previous series won't be remembered at all as he resets.

And as I said, what I meant by false hope in pokemon anime is that the anime was actually good for some earlier arcs, but later then it only went downfall. Even the best characters like Team Rocket weren't ever properly treated with such potentials to be serious.

Hmm.. Pokemon and Digimon are like Coca Cola and Pepsi. It's not out of nowhere. Also, the meaning of my initial post was actually very simple. It meant that this sucks. Simple as that. I believe one shouldn't respond when one didn't even truly understand it. It's embarrassing, and how you responded it like a retarded teenager is even worse.

I've explained about Pokemon anime in my previous post and I have no interest in reiterating it again. I can't quite grasp your logic. Meeting random new people while going on adventure seems normal to me.

False hope = Things not going as expected.
That is assuming everyone has the same expectation as you. I don't expect Ash to win the league anytime soon. Therefore, I never felt the anime gave me any false hope.

I'm getting bored with this. If you think it's good, good for you. There's no need shove your opinion, which nobody cares, around. It's not good enough for me as for now. No matter how much you preach about how creative or whatever it is, my opinion is not going to change.

See you. I'm not replying anymore after this.
Oct 4, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
DATS24 said:
soooooo muuuccchhhh better than Tri(shit) with all forced nostalgia and forced teen drama all about.

OMG! I came here just to shout this lol

@Episode: 5/5
Oct 4, 2016 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
better than sun/moon is good enough for me.
Oct 5, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
Meh, wasn't really that interesting.

Oct 5, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2016
Loved the first episode.

I like Haru as a realistic and logical thinking person, since most Digimon main protagonists have mostly been hot headed. Looking forward to seeing Eri, she seems pretty cool. And I already love Torajiro from the stupid devil horns he does in the opening.

I love Gatchmon's search ability. It allows to learn about his opponent and develop strategies based on that information, which will hopefully lead to having every fight be unique, and not just power level struggles. But with Evolution as a prominent part of the series that serves as power boosts, it may turn into generic power struggles. Same way.in Tamers had the card concept to provide variety and add a bit of strategy, but was eventually pushed to the side for the evolution power boosts.

Really looking forward to seeing more.
Oct 7, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
This was, as expected, a terrible first episode. From the pacing and character design and introduction to the whole presentation, extremely poorly done. With no charm, this looks like a silly below average kids show. The opening and ending themes suck and this is the first Digimon series that I can say that for. I don't see anything interesting here for anyone above the age of 6... but I'll keep watching it because it has Digimon in the name and I want to have a justifiable reason when I give it a low score. Sad to see another Digimon project sucking butt like Tri.
Oct 7, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
@BliuBliu At least they are trying to do new things under this brand, even if it doesn't work for most historical watchers. Adventure Tri and this thing are taking directions not seen before in the franchise.
Giving more personality to the "partners" is a good idea.

Note: I don't like what we saw from Appli Monsters and dislike the (lack of) story progression of Tri and some of its incohrencies.
Oct 7, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2016
BliuBliu said:
This was, as expected, a terrible first episode. From the pacing and character design and introduction to the whole presentation, extremely poorly done. With no charm, this looks like a silly below average kids show. The opening and ending themes suck and this is the first Digimon series that I can say that for. I don't see anything interesting here for anyone above the age of 6... but I'll keep watching it because it has Digimon in the name and I want to have a justifiable reason when I give it a low score. Sad to see another Digimon project sucking butt like Tri.

How was it poorly done? It did a pretty good job of introducing the main characters (Haru and Gatchmon). We know their general personalities, the dilemmas that they will most likely be facing, and introduced the mechanics to how their fighting works. Pretty decent coverage of the supporting cast, which would most likely lead to seeing them more in the future. I personally like the slight silliness, but it does still handle the serious emotional aspect pretty well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

33 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.