Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Frankly speaking I'm expecting this development from the start(well not this serious). Just from synopsis along I predict there will be lot of action coming.
NeoAnkaraApr 9, 2016 6:53 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 9, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2012
If this anime is trying to be similar to Girls Und Panzer but with Ships, i'll like it more.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 10, 2016 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
Not much tbh. But I would like if this turned out to be kinda serious. Because cute girls + action has always been a plus. For me at least.
Apr 10, 2016 6:50 PM

Sep 2015
I actually didn't hear of this series unlike many new releases until I checked to see what's new. I then say "Highschool fleet."
The "fleet" part definitely caught my attention. "can't it be!?"
I thought that it was probably something totally not navy related since that's too good to be true.
Though TBH, I was pretty excited to watch it even though I was prepared to be let down.
So I actually had low expectations watching it. Until I saw Yamato; navy-gasm...
For the first episode, I would say it was pretty good. Definitely caught a military(specifically navy) nerd's attention.

It's like a more serious naval version of Girls und Panzer. I totally dig it.
I also like the serious tone of it. I'm expecting a lot realistic of naval battles. And of course plenty of moe/fan-service in between... But yea.. Though I do think that the series will be more battle-orientated like GuP.

BTW, Anyone know what class of destroyer Harekaze is? I never actually heard of that one. Though I can't memorize that many destroyers, I do know most of the notable ones and can tell their class as they normally have similarities in their name.
Right now, I'm just assuming it's a fictional Kagero class(based on armament set up and mast design)

At first I had it mixed up with Harukaze due to name similarities from the Kamikaze class at first. Then after they showed the ship, it seemed way too new to be the Kamikaze class. I then decided to search it up. Nothing came up under Harekaze.
zcv45Apr 10, 2016 6:53 PM
Apr 11, 2016 1:53 AM
Jul 2009
zcv45 said:

BTW, Anyone know what class of destroyer Harekaze is? I never actually heard of that one. Though I can't memorize that many destroyers, I do know most of the notable ones and can tell their class as they normally have similarities in their name.
Right now, I'm just assuming it's a fictional Kagero class(based on armament set up and mast design)

At first I had it mixed up with Harukaze due to name similarities from the Kamikaze class at first. Then after they showed the ship, it seemed way too new to be the Kamikaze class. I then decided to search it up. Nothing came up under Harekaze.

Judging by the features, 3x2 12.7cms + 3x4 Torpedos, its a Kagero. It could be a paper-ship or one of the 3 stricken DDs used for Yamato's construction.
Vs.
A Independance LCS... lols.
Apr 11, 2016 4:39 AM

May 2015
I got a Free! vibe from the cover art, summary, and pv, and after episode 1, I saw that I was spot on! I love Free! so much, and I also love water and sailor girls.

I love Free! because of the characters, and if it weren't for them, Free! would be really boring. I sensed that Haifuri would also be character based rather than story based. Bonding with characters is a big part of enjoying a story for me, so I can't wait for the upcoming episodes!

Card Album!
Apr 11, 2016 4:44 AM

Oct 2015
Cute girls doing cute things in military .
Apr 11, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Not expecting much to be fair. Wasn't sure what tone it wanted to go with, it's too dumb and cutesy to make me think that the "OMFG mutiny" thing is a real bit and isn't just going to be played for laughs.

But who knows? Maybe it'll turn out interesting.
Apr 11, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2009
I'm kind of surprised, shocked even.. by the amount of people who enjoy this show.

Could someone explain to me why is it no problem that 1st year high school girls CAN and DO operate warships?... The show seem to be serious about itself too.

And what are they trying to protect the seas from anyway? (The only dangerous thing around seems to be themselves so far.)
Apr 11, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2012
Gildesh said:
I'm kind of surprised, shocked even.. by the amount of people who enjoy this show.

Could someone explain to me why is it no problem that 1st year high school girls CAN and DO operate warships?... The show seem to be serious about itself too.

And what are they trying to protect the seas from anyway? (The only dangerous thing around seems to be themselves so far.)
It's post apocalyptic series where majority of the land submerged. Of course it's logical for the curriculum to include how to live of the sea.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 11, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
Cute girls being cute with friends fighting cutely in the cute ocean.
I want it to have more action. Maybe some Moka and MC girl ending up on opposite sides etc.
Apr 11, 2016 7:49 PM

Dec 2011
Expected Kancolle Biyori
Got something serious instead... not that I don't like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2016 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Semen-Demon said:
If this anime is trying to be similar to Girls Und Panzer but with Ships, i'll like it more.

that's what i'm hoping they're going for. I enjoyed so much Garupan, thinking of these being alike sets me on fire
Apr 13, 2016 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Gildesh said:

It's post apocalyptic series where majority of the land submerged. Of course it's logical for the curriculum to include how to live of the sea.

"You've all studied the for test. Now for your first trip in a real armed warship - you get to sail it all by yourselves with no adult supervision!"

Yup, sounds like Girls und Panzer.
Apr 14, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2014
Prog_upworks13 said:
Cute girls doing cute things in military .

So basically kantai collection without hopefully the episodes being all over the place and actually being a good adaptation?

Yeh... I personally liked it the for cute girls doing cute stuff and playing the game but a lot of people hated the anime adaptation.

Well the waiting starts for it to be finished and then ill watch it :P
Apr 16, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
Look like I get more than what I would though.
Apr 16, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
As an avid WoWs player, and a fun of slice of life genre in general, this show delivers the best of both worlds lol

I expect half the time we'll get to see cute girls doing cute stuff, and the rest we'll see cute girls doing badass stunts, GuP-style.
Apr 17, 2016 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
I expected KanColle v.2 but this is more surprising than I though???? I'm getting Gakkougurashi vibes but it's hard to tell atm because they're fleeing from revealing more actual plot faster than they're fleeing from that German exchange student ship.

All in all, better than KanColle so far, but that doesn't say much...
Apr 24, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2011
Came in expecting Girls und Panzer.

got Girls und Panzer with Mystery behind it.
Apr 24, 2016 7:52 PM
Feb 2012
this anime is pretty much World of Warships + The Hunt For Red October suspense/thriller

and seems like Mutiny with a number of ships and not just one judging from the number of ships which HQ has lost long range comms signal
Apr 25, 2016 8:17 AM

Sep 2008
I was expecting Girls und Panzer on ships with tons of moe fan service. I was surprised that they got right to the action and major drama developed immediately. There's plenty of cute girls but also a deeper plot line with mystery and suspense. I was expecting that this would be just another typical moe fan service show but it has got my interest and I would say it's in my top 3 of the season.
May 1, 2016 12:04 AM

May 2009
According to official twitter anime is set in the world where planes weren't invented.
May 1, 2016 2:25 AM

Jan 2015
After the 4th episode my expectations are low
May 1, 2016 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
Xenocrisi said:
For me the latest twist make it more interesting instead with the possibility of bio weapon outbreak.
May 1, 2016 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Xenocrisi said:
For me the latest twist make it more interesting instead with the possibility of bio weapon outbreak.

my expectations are still high as the 1st 3 eps are still good maybe they know what they are doing and there's nothing else to place my expectations as the other original new series sucks so far.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 1, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
Not much, but it sure is one of the best anime I seen in this year.
And this anime drive me to play Kantai Collection and WoW again.

By the way, that face.
May 2, 2016 2:12 AM

Nov 2009
Well, I expected Cute Girls Doing Cute Things with some more maritime stuff. Where maritime stuff meant techonology like in Hikari to Mizu no Daphne.
Suddenly, WW2 era warships and actual conflict. Well, it's fine too.

Gildesh said:

It has cute girls and warships. Both are things that men like.

Gildesh said:
Could someone explain to me why is it no problem that 1st year high school girls CAN and DO operate warships?

Have you seen Hidan no Aria? Specifically, Butei High, a school where they train bounty hunters. By the start of their second year, students are fully qualified to take on any manner of terrorists, they shoot firearms, pick locks and pilot airplanes.
May 14, 2016 11:04 AM

Feb 2013
I wasn't expecting to find a show that is star trek on the sea. With a Moe characters.
May 14, 2016 8:24 PM

Sep 2015
Exactly what I am watching right now and I am loving it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.