Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2015
to be frank when mary was introduced all I cared about is her XD
story was like a one sloped rollercoastoer
8/10
would've been better if they explained how mana worked and I would've loved to see how the others trained and what their masters looked like
pretty good first season hoping for another
need more mary
Mar 27, 2016 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
Oh Grimgar, you were this close of a 10. But the last fight was nonsense.

All along the show we saw them preaching about "Together we stand, Apart we fall". Teamwork was absolutely everything throughout 11 episodes and 10 minutes, but the Haru vs. Death Spot fight set asunder all of this. The fight was good, a bit low on quality I guess, but the main critic is that it was completely..."un-dramatic".

And Ranta helm teleporting to and fro his head shows how important reviewers are on a show.
Ep. 4/5
Anime 9/10
RootzMar 27, 2016 2:09 PM
Mar 27, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2015
decent series with beautiful artwork and a different take on a well used theme. The soundtrack was also good. Downsides were indulgent pacing (they did know it was a single cour right?) and the constant Manato this Manato that got a bit tiring.

I would watch a season 2 but I doubt we will get one which is a shame as there are allot of unanswered questions.

7/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Really good finale. Hoping to see S2. 9/10

This is easily the best "trapped in a game" anime I've seen. Konosuba as a parody was very good too. Nice to see two of the best in this kind of anime in the same season (haven't seen Log Horizon though). I'm glad someone knows how to do these right unlike SAO.
Mar 27, 2016 2:17 PM

Nov 2015
pigslugs, i love pigslugs, don't you guys love pigslugs?
Mar 27, 2016 2:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was good.
Nothing amazing but it was nice and i'd take a second season if it happens.
7/10 for me.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
LOL i thought ranta died for a second in the beginning XD
Great ending overall. Ranta finnaly made a good action, i really like that especially how he struggle so hard from Death spot. I thin Shihoru is getting stronger too, that was an amazing action from her. And finnaly Haruhiro. I expected that he will be okay but LOL he killed it HIMSELF!!! i didn't expect that. and the action was really good.

And they ended it with an amazing insert song. again, the insert song matched perfectly with the mood. i like the ending. Marry X Haruhiro, from marry it was getting a development, unfortunately not from Haruhiro :( but that scene when Haruhiro woke up, that was really sweet. i ship them X3
i really enjoy this show 9/10

Season 2 ? i really hope for season 2 because there are some more new characters in the LN that i want to see in anime :D
Mar 27, 2016 2:31 PM
Mar 2008
Well, it was better than i expected. Still, a bit too melodramatic for me at times which does also have to do with the pacing of it as well, i never looked at the NV but some scenes seemed to me like it were taken directly from the NV itself and smashed it into the anime and that last fight for Haruhiro wasnt nearly as good as i hoped. Some minor mistakes here and there (like Ranta suddenly having his helmet back..........magic saved that helmet, dont question it) and the art isnt really my style but it was still pretty good.
Some nice scenery overall, a nice idea without pointless comedy, nice music, ok to good characters (Ranta wins, no question about it). I think it could use some more actual adventure since i wanted to know more about the world they are in and a bit more of an explanation why they are there but overall it was nice. 6.5/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:40 PM
Oct 2009
I'd give it a 5/10. The characters were fairly stereotypical, the I can see what the author tried here making them your run of the mill people rather than the heroes but somehow that invalidates a large part of the allure these settings have. It's like LOTR from the perspective of Bernd the Bowman, third row, second in line who most of the time is busy farming instead of participating in the big events.

The art was nice, that gives it a bump and I was surprised they actually ended up killing Death Spots rather than simply running away as usual. So there's at least some developement there.
Mar 27, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Meh. Not my cup of tea. The characters weren't interesting imo. Oh well. Was hoping for a really crazy finish (episode 11 was good, but it didn't make up for the previous episodes for me)
Mar 27, 2016 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
Not a bad episode. Ranta was pretty awesome this episode. Didn't think that haru would be able to kill that beast.
Overall, I would say the anime was ok. There were good episodes and bad ones. the art was definitely beautiful though.

overall, I'll give this a 6/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Yap, the story running slow, but that's what makes the story come to the heart gently. Hopefully in the next season the reason behind why they are there in that world will be revealed. And hopefully there will be no element of romance into the story.

Australia.....!
Mar 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2012
Although I can't say I loved it, it was still a pretty enjoyable show til the end ~ Liked the atmosphere a lot
I'm just sad that it seemed pretty fast and easy to find Ranta... as I've heard that he actually survived alone for a few days. Seemed like a few hours at most here

komasan said:
I can't believe they managed to make a continuity error with Ranta's helmet though. It was so obvious.

Saw that one too... it was really super obvious it made me laugh xD
Mar 27, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2014
the ending was nice and the over all series was good, renta and yume was 2 of the reason why i kept coming back cause of how awesome they are and even the mage girl got better over time, the tank guy got nothing bad to say about him and mary she's cool

but haru i just cant stand the guy through out the whole series and then in the end of course he first copies renta in what he did last ep making it like he did it for nothing lol and then on top of that he activates MC OP power smh....

but other than that it was a nice over all series but i have heard there was alot changed even the fact that someone else was suppose to die but yeah ...

i would want another season but idk if it would happen since so much was changed ... but anyway time to start up the LN
"one step at a time"

Sep 2013
The director on the episode quality.
Everything will be fixed ,improved and he wants add things for the blu ray/dvd.
Also ep.4 is greatly improved.

https://twitter.com/Ryousuke_Nak/status/713996993291399168

Oct 2014
This was a pretty decent show. While I thought the characters weren't that special, the art really stood out. A lot of questions remain unanswered so I'd like to see a sequel. 7/10
Mar 27, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2013
Surprised there wasn't a 2nd season announcement at the end of the episode. I feel like Japan loved this kind of anime. As for me, the ending felt really solid and calming and I gotta say I kinda dug it. For the series though, forced fanservice and even more forced insert songs definitely hurts the overall score. I'm thinking a strong 7/10 but I'll stretch it.

8/10
Mar 27, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2011
Didn't like how the anime version of Haru killing Deathspots went.

LN version is far better.

Other than that, was a good episode and a great ending to the show.

The ending gave me that "go read the LN, cause we ain't doing this again" vibe, which sucks.

The anime studio that did the series seemed like they were poor. While the show does have an artistic looking feel, the actual quality was very poor. There was way too many blatant errors that got past editing. And there was one walking scene that was flat out intentionally derp`ed. It felt like they were either rushed, understaffed, or both.

The music was good. although, hip hop and mmo adventure genres don't mix. hip hop is an urban culture vibe. so when you hear rapping BGM in a middle age setting anime, it's rather off putting. But must of the songs did mesh into the story nicely.

I loved the show overall.

And I'd love another season with a better anime studio. But as i said before. It doesn't look that good. The sales are decent, but they're not making the bean counters bulge their eyes out. That's for sure.
CirrisMar 27, 2016 3:29 PM
Mar 27, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2011
Haruhiro will be known as the Death Spot Slayer

SEASON 2 WHEN!!!!
Mar 27, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
I liked this show a lot mainly because of how relaxed it was. It feels like a barebones adventure show but it comes across as honest. I found the character's lives interesting to watch as they struggled to earn enough to live day by day and tackled hardships which made them grow as a person. An unexpectedly good show.
Mar 27, 2016 3:33 PM
Nov 2010
The art style was different, which is not bad. The characters and overall atmosphere might have been too gloomy without real effect. Luckily, Ranta wasn't that way. The story was nothing new. It was only interesting to see the enemies do normal stuff.
Mar 27, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Glad I stuck with this because it really did pick up in the second half of this series. It seems like judging from what I've seen, they covered the first 2 volumes. I heard they skipped a few things but it's probably stuff that can be easily rectified by going back and reading the LNs. I'm gonna assume that this won't get a season 2 or if it does, we won't know about it right away so I'll be going to read the LNs soon. Final verdict, about a 7/10. I want the soundtrack and insert songs though.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 27, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2015
Overall 5/5ep
10/10 series, hopefully this gets s2 aswell if a much worse konosuba did
TyrelMar 27, 2016 5:57 PM
Mar 27, 2016 3:45 PM

Jul 2013
Was a nice ending. The fight with Death Spots was cool, Ranta survived and Haruhiro became a badass. Nice way to end the series.

6/10. The series wasn't bad for me, but it was too slow at the beginning. The last episodes with Mary and the kobolds made the series much better.
Mar 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
While the Anime itself to me felt slightly above average. I think it did it's job in making me want to find the LN version. I like the world setting and the story was interesting. I think LN will probably be better for me than the Anime. A 6/10 for me. Beginning was too slow for me and I wanted to see a bit more of the Death Spot fight at the end just to name a few gripes I had.
Mar 27, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
Shinjisus said:
Shrimperor said:
After the slow af and boring Start, the Series got good at ~Ep.8, but it has been kinda awesome after that.
This could've been easily 8-9/10 if it had better pacing, but alas, the pacing quite destroyed it for some.
6/10, however looking forward to a S2, since i quite liked this after ep8, and i hope it only gets better after that.

Haruhiro son of Shiki confirmed?
With the amount of Shikis Nasu created is not that imposible...
Haruhiro can kill Servants confirmed. He killed Berserker in this episode after all.
Mar 27, 2016 4:05 PM
Aug 2014
Really enjoyed this, hoping for a season 2.
Mar 27, 2016 4:21 PM
Sep 2012
Honestly, great season.
However there better be a season 2.
Reasons why: Character Development has so much potential. Haru x Mary and Ranta x Yume.
Then out of this whole entire new world, you give us 2 regions, and 2 types of monsters Goblins and Kobloids. WTH.
The party was literally ridiculed in the beginning for only hunting Goblins, there's only 2 types of Monsters, and Haru killed the strongest one.
Episode 12 flaunted all the show's potential, with possible romance brewing. Big Moz's new Death Spots sword. The Reward Wall.
With so many details missing and potential, there has to be a season 2.
Mar 27, 2016 4:24 PM
Mar 2016
RayAdha said:

...there was also an animation error: Ranta suddenly wore his helmet again and then it was disappeared again at the next scene.

Noticed that and another animation error at the end with mary's thighs went blue to white in one second

I really liked this series, and specially the last ep, but I really would've prefered HaruYume instead of HaruMary
Mar 27, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
Average drama with little character development. If not for the fantasy theme this show would have been buried ages ago. 5/10 because of good ending.
Mar 27, 2016 4:33 PM
Feb 2016
I loved this show. I really hope there will be a season 2. There is so much potential with character development as well as more info about the world they live in. I could seriously watch 10 more seasons of this. I think the episodes are too short! if you could double the episode time, this would be the perfect show. I liked seeing new enemies, hurdles that they had to over come, as well as how they grew as a team.

PLEASE COME OUT WITH SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2016 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
And then came the grand finale for this anime, a really great episode, the final fight between Haruhiro and Death Spot was expected, especially with the final blow being done through the uncanny ability to Haruhiro, also had some weak points, as Ranta be with helmet when attacked by Death Spot, and before and after showed him without his helmet, but it was still a good episode

This plot really excited me, as well as the characters, especially the protagonist, even monologues of Haruhiro sometimes were interesting to me for sure I will read the LN soon, and also wait for a second season ..
Mar 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
I wanna give this episode a 10/10 but my god it just had a bunch of shit with no explaination.

First off already mentioned...Rantas Helmet...WHO LET THIS EPISODE GET PASSED SCREENING???

Then the fight where they were rescuing Ranta was good I liked that a lot. Ranta wanting to fondle Yume was hilarious. In fact I'm jumping from the Haru x Yume ship...Ranta x Yume all day!

It made me appreciate the characters more as well, very well developed the whole season.

The Death Spot fight though...disappointing. The stream of light that is never explained comes back and everything is in slow motion. Then the Sword goes into his chest and all we see is Green outlines...WHY DAMMIT?! So shitty.

Then they hint at Earth by saying "Australia" and Haru starting to lose his memories...thanks for that, they're better be a Season 2 and we better get more BARBERA.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
Was too slow paced for my liking and the amount of stills we got... Fuck me. Only the last few episodes had me intrigued with Death Spots, but... This last episode wasn't even really a good finale. That battle was mediocre at best.

Generous 6/10.
Mar 27, 2016 4:55 PM
Nov 2013
Smudy said:
That was not the best ending, it felt off for me. The fight with death spots cannot even be called one, what was that?

Have to lower the score to 7/10, unfortunate ending to a very good series. Looked conclusive to me as well.

It wasn't really supposed to be a fight. Haru just got FUCKING lucky he managed to pull off some "last resort adrenaline slow-motion"-skill and killed the dead spot. I honestly didn't think he would pull that off, but yeah, happy he's still alive as the leader of the group. I wouldn't wanna imagine how the party would get fucked under the reign of Ranta xDDD
Mar 27, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
Anyone noticed the random scene where Ranta was suddenly wearing a helmet and the next shot of him showed him without a helmet again?

Also, i fucking love this show, pace was perfect for what it was trying to accomplish and it was a great watch. 9/10
Mar 27, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
2 things I didn't like about this anime

- Unnecessary ecchi
- Romantic pats that doesn't evolve into anything

Aside from that, best anime I watched this season. I'm giving it a 9/10. If there is more seasons to come, there is a chance that I will give it a 10/10, because it has a lot of potential.

The interactions between characters are amazing.
Mar 27, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
Xenlai said:
Average drama with little character development. If not for the fantasy theme this show would have been buried ages ago. 5/10 because of good ending.
How this show have little character development?! This show is pure character development!
Mar 27, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
I really love this.
Hoping for a sequel.

Mar 27, 2016 5:22 PM
Mar 2016
I'll give this a 6/10 MAYBE 7/10 And if I NEVER hear the name MANATO again I will be so happy!

This final episode was disapointing at best. This shouw SHOULD have ended at episode 8 and I would have given it a 8/10 or even a 9/10 but they chose to jam 4 episodes at the end that are all dull. I was scared when episode 9 came arround. But hey! At least it didn't end on a cliffhanger!

The mine story deserved more than 3 episodes they should have used these episodes to just have us learn more about the (basicly) secondary characters, Mogzo, Shigure(or whatever) and Ranta and we did get a bit about Ranta in these episodes.

And btw this last fight made Haruhiro seem like a IDIOT. If you are going to throw a freaking monster
on the ground how about you send it somewhere where your party can jump on him after he falls down and take him out? *HUM*? Just a tip sometimes. Deus Ex Machina isn't something you can count on everytime fyi.

-----------------------
More stuff if anyone cares
-----------------------

We have a show about character development who does terrible character development for half the cast.

Haruhiro and Mary were well developed, we got hints of Ranta at the end and a bit of Yume here and there.

Shigure(I think its her name I dont even recal and I just watchd the episode, they didn't even say her or Mogzo's name in this episode!) was only remotly interesting for the first 4 episodes then Manato died and yea.

Mogzo was a cook/tank we know nothing else about him, he doesn't do anything interesting no one ask him for advice so we know what he thinks about something. He was just ignored the whole show.

ALSO

The Other World thing was irrelevant, I see it compared to other anime where they are on a game world or whatever but I seriously think it is not a good comparison. In all of these other animes the fact that they are in another world is integral to the story here its irrelevant.
Mar 27, 2016 5:28 PM

May 2015
It was alright, I guess. Not that wow, I'm not sure the hype. If people are looking for RPG, I'm pretty sure KonoSuba wins it this season. Or if people are looking for character devlopment or despair-ish things, Erased wins it. Or AOTS, Shouwa wins it too.
Mar 27, 2016 5:32 PM
Sep 2014
I don't think Haruhiro killing Death Spots was an asspull. It's already been established that if the streams appear and he doesn't mess up, he's guaranteed to kill the target. It's like the Assassin crit in Fire Emblem; instant death even if all other attacks do 0 damage.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that it was super anti-climactic though.

ArcherBanish said:
Shigure(I think its her name I dont even recal and I just watchd the episode, they didn't even say her or Mogzo's name in this episode!) was only remotly interesting for the first 4 episodes then Manato died and yea.

It's Shihoru. And they did mention both their names in the final part of the episode after Haruhiro woke up.
fatalysticMar 27, 2016 5:39 PM
Mar 27, 2016 5:38 PM
May 2015
Well, that was enjoyable to me.
Mar 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Mar 2015
Can we talk about how wonderful the ship is sailing? We don't see Mary cries for Ranta, yet Yume cries for him and Ranta mumbling about his "flat-chest" insults which refers to Yume. Then when they leave Haru, Mary cries for him and Haru is worried about her.

I've been bored to death before Mary came to the group, but when she comes the anime became a lot more interesting to me. Mary is fantastic and to have the ship is true is even more fantastic!

This could've been a 10/10 anime to me, but the insert random song montages ruined it for me. Not to mention the slow pacing of without Mary is killing me (I almost dropped it on episode 4). So when Mary came along, I am really glad I didn't drop. Overall enjoyment, 9/10 (because of Mary and the second half~)

Also, Australia! By the way, that Shihoru mage girl is a fail character with no development. Like seriously, she feels so alienated that I forgot she's a character.

I hope there's season 2. This is definitely my second best for this season, just behind KonoSuba.
DarklordVorMar 27, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 27, 2016 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
It definitely had more potential but I'm still glad how it turned out.

I hope a season 2 will be announced soon else I'll be definitely looking into the Light Novel.

Mar 27, 2016 6:21 PM

Oct 2009
Yap, ready for 2nd season if it gets one and hope it does!
Mar 27, 2016 6:27 PM
Aug 2015
That Ranta helm teleport. Oh my god please I-I can't defend this. Quick, uh. Mention something of Yume's... Uh... A ROTUNDUS SQUEEZABLE BUTT.

*seppuku*

Favorite will always be Yume and Shihoru. I love their dynamic together and how they continue to Yin-Yang each other and make it so fluid and natural. I hope we get an S2, since it feels like Grimgar was just getting good.
Mar 27, 2016 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
Just a beautiful final episode to end one of the best anime I have ever seen!
This show made me smile,laugh, and cry and I'm hoping it will one day get a second season!
Easy 10/10
Mar 27, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
The best of the season in my opinion

8/10, second season please!
Mar 27, 2016 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
6/10 Overall for the anime, and 4/10 for the episode.
Last week's episode was so good, but episode 12 goes back to the failures of the past episode. Again there are bad scene transitions that lack continuity or flow. In 11, we saw Ranta sacrifice himself to allow the group to escape, yet when this episode starts he's already hiding from Death Spot and the kobolds. When we don't get to see how he manages to evade the kobolds and is again in danger and needing to be rescued, it takes away from his moment last week, doesn't it? Haru and team, needing to come back and saving Ranta, puts them in the same danger as before. If you're an anime only watcher and a Ranta fan, how is that a good thing? In the LN, this was Ranta's time for character growth and internal dialogue, but instead that doesn't really happen and Ranta fans get cheated out of his moment. He gets his ass saved and goes back to calling people idiots and flat chested. Way to kill whatever development he had.

Then there's the choppy animation, errors, and insistent on focusing on extraneous scenes. Yeah the fight with Death Spot was anticlimactic. He was supposed to be hard and supposed to tax the group before Haruhiro steps in to take his turn at sacrificing himself. Rather than showing Brittany and bringing back Ghost Manato, which I don't understand the point of those scenes because it just makes Haruhiro look like a schizo, more of the fight with Death Spot could be shown. So many scenes changes at the end there.

Before I sound too negative and nit-picky, I do like the scenes at the tavern with Renji, the morning Haruhiro wakes up and questioning of his lost memories. They help to move the story along and makes you think about what's going to happen in the world of Grimgar. Makes you want a second season.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

389 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 27, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.