Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 23, 2015 7:28 PM

Sep 2012
It's shaping up to be an interesting mystery. I'm liking the theories people are coming up with.
Oct 23, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
I have no problem with the pacing actually. This is very, very exciting. I am so curious who the culprit is and how the killer is able to do this. This is turning into exactly the kind of mystery anime I was hoping it to be. The history of Magata is also interesting.
Oct 23, 2015 8:22 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Yoona-chan said:
Pikachan-000 said:
and for the director who was in the helicopter.. i think there was somebody behind him pointing a gun at him or something.

Not necessarily somebody with a gun, but I certainly think the way he raised his thumb was very unnatural.

I thought so too. The method in which he was killed would be easiest for someone inside the heli, on the director's left side and behind. (For those who didn't notice, he was stabbed twice through the back of the neck.) It would be impossible to do it for someone on the ground, so whoever killed him was in the heli. And who got out of the left side of the heli? "Miki-san". She threatened him with a knife, then just before getting out, she drove them into the back of his throat (rendering him unable to speak), got out of the heli, and pretended like nothing was wrong. Considering where she was sitting (the back seat), she would have gotten little or no blood on her. And doing it before getting out accomplishes two things: It keeps the director from calling for police, and it doesn't require her to come back to kill him later.

The naming of Red Magic: refers to loss of virginity, in the eyes of a certain precocious (and sexually precocious) girl.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 23, 2015 8:57 PM

Aug 2007
I find it likely that Miki killed the director as well, any rate I doubt it was suicide. He was stabbed at the back of the neck, it would be much easier to simply slash his throat.
And speaking of Red Magic, every episode thus far has been color themed.
NocturnalOct 24, 2015 10:18 AM
Oct 23, 2015 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
Another murder has happened.
I do NOT think Miki killed the director before/when she left the helicopter because his facial expressions changed when he was showing the thumbs up. Unless this is an animation problem.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Oct 23, 2015 10:08 PM

Nov 2014
Imo Saikawa is collecting investigation data despite his ignorant face
Oct 23, 2015 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, this series has a amazing pace
Oct 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
Shock_Yin said:

So everyone, except you and few others would actually drop the show, if they listened to your advice, good that they don't though.

Also why should people drop something just because they find something disturbing? Such a thing also has value in the experience you have of the show, it can actually enrich your experience if done correctly.

I think you've gotten my intentions wrong. I am not telling people to drop the show. It is aimed at people who are already intending to drop it.
Oct 24, 2015 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
There aren't many solid entries in the mystery genre for anime, and this seems to be a contender for potential greatness. The best part of any mystery anime is trying to be able to figure out the mystery before it is actually revealed, and the slow pace really adds to this. It feels like you have to analyze each character's interactions and mannerisms to really get a sense of what is happening. The thing with the xylophone instrument thing, which seems really small, could for all we know be a massive part of the puzzle. The interactions between the two leads are very interesting so far as well.

I just hope the ending ends up being something worth the wait, because if the end result is lackluster, than it won't feel as satisfying.

Looks like 2015 is finally starting to get the ball rolling.
Oct 24, 2015 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
SASHIHARA said:
I think the killer might be

But I could be wrong...I actually hope I'm not right because then the series would be quite boring.

Eh? I didn't get that from these 3 episodes at all. I'm thinking...

This story kind of reminds me of one of the Zaregoto books where two of the girls on the island had switched places.
Oct 24, 2015 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
I was sure it was a doll, looks like I am wrong.
Love it so far, I wish they could be a little more serious though.
Oct 24, 2015 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
The guy at the end looked like Saikawa-sensei...

Oct 24, 2015 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this series can get really tense! I enjoyed this episode and I didn't even think that she might be dead, wow I can't wait to know how, even though I think the previously mentioned doll is tied to this somehow or in someway. The slow pacing is something I enjoy in mysteries it worked beautifully for Rokka no Yuusha last season for me and it's the same for this, I just hope they won't rush it later.
Oct 24, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
Finished preparations, it seems that the real story has started to move.
Yay!
The narrative is extremely slow, but the thing that maybe I do not like, is not high quality drawings and set designs. The characters begin to emerge from the bottom and distinguished from each other. Still skeptical about this anime, but the direction taken seems the right one, we will see in future episodes.
Oct 24, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
This show is the only one that keeps me thinking this season, and that in itself is a major plus.

With all the initial theories thrown on the table, I can confidently say that any theory involving Nishinosono as the perpetrator is most likely incorrect; simply because this is an anime based on a novel series.

That means that the same two lead characters are the same lead characters in the proceeding murder mysteries. In other words, she can't be the murderer since if she was, this mystery would not resolve if we presume this theory is correct. In fact, the novel series is called S&M (Professor Saikawa and his student Moe) series.
Oct 24, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2009
oh shit, Magato's uncle totally went for his jailbait niece at the end, huh. Pedophilia+incest just like that
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 24, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
This is getting unexpectedly intereting...
Oct 24, 2015 4:42 PM

May 2015
Holy shit, that ending. Learning about Magata's past is getting more and more creepy now... I didn't expect her to be really dead, though. Good episode.

Oct 24, 2015 5:02 PM

Nov 2012
The main characters are either pretentious or annoying, but it's a pretty interesting show.
Jaywalker.
Oct 24, 2015 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
The murder was probably planned over 15 years ago.
Yukihiro seems to me like the most likely murderer as of now.
Oct 24, 2015 8:21 PM
Jun 2012
Nocturnal said:
Wait, how could Nishi have killed Magata if they arrived on the island that very day and Magata had been dead for days?

Yes, this thread is weird. Lots of people making random guesses, many who haven't even watched all the episodes. And also putting spoiler tags on random pieces of text. That's a real mystery.

Nocturnal said:

Magata's past is like a nod to Utena. The car scene was already hinting in that direction but the Ferris Wheel pretty much sealed it for me.

Just common 90s japan tropes.

Yoona-chan said:
Pikachan-000 said:

and for the director who was in the helicopter.. i think there was somebody behind him pointing a gun at him or something.

Not necessarily somebody with a gun, but I certainly think the way he raised his thumb was very unnatural.

I suspect that the anime just wasn't very clear there. In real life, helicopters are really loud, and using gestures are normal.

Asides, is it supposed to be obvious that the body had it's limbs removed in order to fit in the smaller opening? I thought they handled examining the body poorly, it mostly being done off screen Perhaps in order to avoid the anime being too gory?
Oct 24, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2007
Helpme said:
Nocturnal said:

Magata's past is like a nod to Utena. The car scene was already hinting in that direction but the Ferris Wheel pretty much sealed it for me.

Just common 90s japan tropes.

I very much doubt it's such coincidence, though. This is probably not the place to go into lenghty comparisons but it's not just the overall scenario that is very alike SKU, it is the way those scenes are shown. Notice the perspective of the car scene and then compare it to the infamous Akio car ride and you will see a startling similarity.
That and the fact that this anime clearly has intellectual ambitions so making a nod to SKU is perfectly sensible.

Helpme said:
Asides, is it supposed to be obvious that the body had it's limbs removed in order to fit in the smaller opening? I thought they handled examining the body poorly, it mostly being done off screen Perhaps in order to avoid the anime being too gory?

From what I understood, they are still waiting for an actual coroner to do an autopsy. The doctor character (I believe he was a doctor?) simply checked for vitals, just in case. But he did not inspect the body as that is not his job but the coroner's.

I don't know what you mean about the amputation being connection to the small opening, are you saying the killer (or someone else) removed the limbs through the opening? Because the body itself did not go through the opening at all (I am not even sure it would fit) but left through the only door.
Oct 25, 2015 7:35 AM
Jul 2012
My theory as of now:
1) they keep repeating the "she was in the room for 15 years" fact so often we assume it be fact--what if Magata was never in the room to begin with?

2) So who was in the room? Remember how they said she look YOUNGER than her age and assumed that it was because she never had physical duress. -- The younger sister could have been trapped in the room "against her will" in the room.Possibly thereby conduct virtul meetings

3) That RED security program thingy now, it was said to have been impervious to viruses, assuming this is fact, it would mean that that malfunction was not an error but rather pre-programmed in its design by non other than a certain genius. -- Magata would be free do as she pleases and since the director could be easily manipulated her having him being the only one with access to see the"prisoner" that scenario would be under Magata's control.

4) Her motives would be explicitly unclear but she with be driven by something to lead to this course of events. Killing the prisoner (younger sister) and the director would clean up lose ends.

5a)Why wait 15 years? tbh not sure. Different Question! Why wait till they are real-liable witnesses at the scene that are not with the lab to testify for the crime? - To ensure no cover ups from the parties involved.

5b)How did "free Magata" know they where to be witnesses present? To answer this question i ask - why suddenly go from isolation to PUBLIC interviews?
Oct 25, 2015 8:38 AM

May 2014
I think the child theory sounds possible as a story.

However, in reality, that would make Shiki one awesome woman.

Ask any mother, how difficult is it to give birth, feed, change diapers (I'm assuming she just used cloth), clothe (I'm assuming she made her own child's clothes), listen to cries, discipline and educate a child all by yourself in a small room without sunlight/windows/ other people. I'm amazed she didn't suffer from post-natal depression.

It's not possible that she could have ordered baby products from outside since the guards would check everything that passes through and they would have been suspicious. So her baby care must have been pretty much DIY.
But well, she's a genius. So I guess geniuses can find solutions to things somehow.
Oct 25, 2015 12:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is good stuff. I see that it sparked a lot of theory and discussion in this forum already and it's a rare sign for a mystery series. I also liked the similarity and comparison between Moe and Shiki.

I like how they were able to give off a lot of hints and you have to piece everything together. So far many elements that happened are feel slightly off, suggesting that deeper inspection is needed.

Things that are quite strange and could be possible hints:
-The director leaving the lab right before the MC came
-Strange arrival scene of Yuminaga-sensei
-The director's arrival in helicopter and the strange way he communicated with the rest of the characters (essentially only an awkward thumbs up)
-Strange youthfulness of Shiki compared to her younger sister and the very peculiar way she communicates with the outside world adds to the theory that some per-assumptions about this locked room might be wrong. Was she even in that room?
-However if she was in that room then the only logical conclusion is that there are two person in that room from the beginning? (Someone's theory earlier in the thread isn't that far-fetched now that I ponder upon this)

So yeah, as far as I can tell so far, I can conclude that despite some hints dropped here and there we don't have enough evidence of anything yet (lots of red herrings?) :)
wakka9caOct 25, 2015 1:20 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 25, 2015 1:33 PM

May 2014
Well this were quite interesting. It seems like the killer won't let them get out or contact the police at all. I guess one among them is the killer, probably. Now the director and Magata is dead. Damn, as many of you guys I also thought it were doll since according to her her parents were killed by a doll.

I don't think it's Saikawa, but it could be be Nishinosono after reading another guy's theory about it.
Oct 25, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 2008
More bodies are starting to pile-up!
5/5.

Oct 25, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
I was really thinking about dropping it, but this episode made me curious! I want to know who killed Magata and the director...also, Magata was really having an affair with her uncle...wow...
Oct 25, 2015 5:14 PM

Aug 2007
mangalicker94 said:
I don't think it's Saikawa, but it could be be Nishinosono after reading another guy's theory about it.

I have asked this before but how could Nishinosono have killed Magata if she, along with the lab crew, arrived on the island on that very day and Magata has been dead for days? Hell, they are probably the only ones who couldn't have killed her, at all. Unless they did it from a remote distance.

I like the idea of there being two people inside the room from the very start and well as the possibility that there were actually no-one in the room at all. It makes you wonder just what happened to the food items that went into the room, at some point they would begin to rot if no-one ate or disposed of them.

Both theories gain more likelihood if there as some accomplice in the lab, perhaps the director? Which would explain why he had to be offed.
Oct 25, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
r0ykun said:
Damn, this just got even more interesting. This could go so many ways it's crazy. Although it's probably impossible, I feel like

My even crazier assumption is that

*-* 1+
Oct 25, 2015 10:23 PM
Jun 2013
What type of fucking loser gets seduced by a 13 year old.

Decent episode though. I wish Saikawa were more responsive though. He's a bit boring.
Oct 25, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
That's some freaky shit at the end >_>

Saikawa's thought process felt a bit random and apparently Moe's supposed to be smart. As for the director, not surprised that he got killed since this always happens to that one guy who's sent to get help lol.
Oct 26, 2015 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Vox_Populi said:
What type of fucking loser gets seduced by a 13 year old.

Decent episode though. I wish Saikawa were more responsive though. He's a bit boring.

I find it quite believable actually. Shiki is pretty alluring and calculating for her age. Something about that sinister and promiscuous look she has...

Maybe that makes me a sick fuck too. Reminds of the book Lolita though.
Oct 26, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2009
So far so good!
I'm really getting interested in the story behind all this...
Reading all these theories makes me want to guess killers too. lol.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 26, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2011
"Once you experience it, you'll never be able to work with anything else."
11/10, would fanboy again.

My hype for this show is real, please don't let me down.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 26, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
Jakerams said:
This is interesting but the pacing is a bit slow. But I'm really loving these leads.

I think the pacing is just right, but this series has only 11 episodes. I didn't read the novel, so I don't know how it will end and how many chapters are already adopted. I hope that A1 know what they are doing.
And I'm the only one who isn't disgusted by ending scene?

True ,for a mystery genre , the pacing is just right.
As for the ending i don't know what to feel, all i can say is Magata is DAMN attractive even at the age of 13.
Oct 26, 2015 6:11 PM

Mar 2014
''And then, uncle and nephew done sex''
– The End
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 26, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
''And then, uncle and niece done sex''
– The End

FTFY
Oct 27, 2015 3:01 AM

May 2012
Things are getting more serious. I never expected this anime to have murder

I wonder who is the killer, they all look innocent to me

Edit: also I have question. Is the Director same person as the uncle ?! If not then were is the uncle ?

Also, that scene when they show the 13 year old with her uncle is just a flashback when Magata was young, correct ?!
thepathOct 27, 2015 3:16 AM
Oct 27, 2015 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
So many theories *_* and most make sense at this point... I think I'll go ahead and re-watch the 3 episodes.

Anyways I'm freaking loving this show. Good mystery, nice dialogue (no, I don't think it's pretentious or annoying), intriguing atmosphere.

Can't fucking wait for episode 4.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Oct 27, 2015 8:03 PM

Jul 2015
Pacing is a bit slow, but it looks like a solid show so far.
Oct 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, the mysteries have started. I can't imagine why the killed would amputate dr. Magata's limbs.. and then the director died too.. I wasn't surprised when that happened. The atmosphere was generally dark (what would you expect?). I really like dr. Magata though... seeing Moe's conversation with her is so interesting, as is her past in flashbacks.
Oct 29, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2007
"I did not originally come to this place of my own volition. And yet, something inside of me took on a life of it's own. That has, in a sense, stabilized me-anchored me in reality." - Dr. Magata

"There was one question I asked that seemed to catch Dr. Magata off guard. "Who are you""- Nishinosono

Going back and watching the past episodes, it's teeming with hints and interesting details that don't quite make sense. I think the assumption that Magata was pregnant and had a baby might be correct. Whether the baby is the Magata that we're seeing on the interview screen or the body on the P1 is debatable. I also agree with the assumption that Magata's sister plays some role in this. I suspect that they might have switched places. I also think the assumption that there's not something quite right with Nishinosono is correct. She has never used a knife or had common food. She also mentions that she can't remember parts of her past.

One thing that strikes me as interesting is how similar Magata and Nishinosono are.
Oct 30, 2015 7:16 AM

Aug 2014
They are implying that, aren't they? The director is a paedophile, no way around it. Did he kill himself or did someone kill him though?

Any one else thinks that the small 250mm x 250mm x 300mm hatch contains Magata's arms and legs?
Nov 1, 2015 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
I'm loving it so far, the plot is moving a little bit slowly, but putting this aside, I have no objections on the show up to this point.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 2, 2015 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
Am I missing something from the previous episodes ?
Why does everybody thinks that the director is Shiki's uncle ?
Nov 7, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
enjoying this show a lot, the plot is really picking up.
Nov 8, 2015 1:57 AM

Dec 2013
Very interesting episode. Dat ending was weird...
Nov 8, 2015 3:37 AM
Mar 2012
Same hair style & glasses, so probably director = uncle. He also had right to open the door. Red Magic perfect but designed to fail at this moment. Seems like director & Shiki planned many things 15 years ago, or a jealous someone else did.
Director gave weird thumbs up like he wasn't surprised Shiki died at all, or maybe he couldn't really hear what Yukihiro shouted (door was still closed & copter super loud).
Small mail box, amputation, P1 bot, sister, doctor, camera footage, xylophone, knife in director's neck, lots of details...
Nov 10, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2014
#memory_leak
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

230 by ontans »»
Sep 23, 5:15 PM

» How was the aunt unaware about Miki?

--l-- - Dec 23, 2015

5 by Sisyphus_the_max »»
Sep 16, 2:34 PM

» Just dreamt about the character design 🤔

nakitama21 - Jul 29

0 by nakitama21 »»
Jul 29, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

176 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

81 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.