Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like this would've been better if it was made into a movie instead.

Anyways, are you kidding me? Was there really a need to even try to imply a sequel? I mean, come on... At least the ending turned out to be decent, though I wasn't exactly expecting things to pan out.

Well, overall an extremely underwhelming series. Though seeing Eiha at the end was pleasant, I must say. She looks way more beautiful than before.
Sep 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
Jonny_Mhl said:
CookingPriest said:

Don't worry

A youtubecancer said it is the worst thing ever in a video, it must be worse than Mars of Destruction.

Nothing in the anime world is worse than Mars of Destruction.

You clearly haven't seen Boku no Pico.

alpha_shadow said:
Looks like people enjoyed this show. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dunno whether you are serious or not, but I'm surprised by how many people gave it a decent rating, mainly because of all the critics and negative comments that was in the previous 11 episode threads.
Sep 18, 2015 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
moodie said:
it isnt as bad as people are making out to be akame ga kill, terraformars and other b rate edgy anime are far worse but for me its a solid 6/10 not horrible, not good but just fine enough to keep watching it every week
While I do agree that it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, AgK and especially Terra Formars destroys this anime in just about every aspect tbh

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that nobody felt the need to make Lou pay for her crimes and let her live but whatever, at least Eiha and Swallow didn't die so I'm happy about that

In all honesty, I was expecting a lot more for this series but in the end it ended up being quite disappointing....6/10 for me
Sep 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Eiha lives! the show is saved o/ ...not

I enjoyed the unique character designs and that ending song was rather nice, but other than that there wasn't much for me in this show. Dunno what the writers were trying to pull off but this was a trainwreck of a story, RIP in pieces
Sep 18, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2012
So, this was the final episode ?! I thought it was 13 episodes long

Anyway, I never felt bored while watching this anime and it was entertaining, but ending felt little rushed.
Sep 18, 2015 6:15 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I was really furious and I facepalmed when Ibuki sacrificed Eiha's life. But the condition for the life exchange was to give Eiha a brand new life by reincarnating her and Val. Well, honestly, I like how it turned out, though. It would be nice to see Ibuki and Eiha reunited once again, even if the reincarnated Eiha doesn't have all the memories from her previous life. Eiha looks much more beautiful in her reincarnation. Seems like a fusion between Val and her old self.

That and the character designs were the only things that I liked about this series. As for the story, it was a real trainwreck and there were also too many uninteresting info dumps that I never really cared for. Most of the dialogue from the previous episodes were a snoozefest. And how I wish Lou could have been captured to make her pay for her crimes. ~_~

Well, that's that. 4/10 here.. :/
Sep 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
Snappynator said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

Nothing in the anime world is worse than Mars of Destruction.

You clearly haven't seen Boku no Pico.

Boku isn't anime but it was a lot more objective than Chaos Dragon.

Also I've watched it *cringes at a corner*....and I don't want to remember.
Sep 18, 2015 7:01 PM

Nov 2014
It wasn't 1/10 bad, and it would be great as a comedy.
Anyway, season 2 when?
Sep 18, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
This shit had zero impact. People dying and not one care was given. That's when you know your show has failed to deliver. Lets not talk about the logical progression of the plot > >

All attempts were a failure imo. The only merit is the production value minus CG which was awful.

Please...please don't make anymore.
Sep 18, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Eyhka's and Val's new form was cute <3
mc's sister is dead :( she's too far gone, poor Inori :'(

7/10 - nice op and ed songs, deaths, decent production values, alot of twists, keeps you entertained, not too slow and not too fast.
Sep 18, 2015 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
Chaos Dragon is known as Modern Anime in a Nutshell.

This is the main reason why i hate modern seasonal anime.

0/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 18, 2015 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
Well....hmmmmm....

It was bad, but at least it's over?

Final fights were bad. He picked Eykha as predicted. Doesn't even make a big deal about killing his sister. The fucking ship crashing into the dragon had more drama and impact behind it than his sister burning to death.

Lou didn't die. Not only did she live, but she got the fucking crystal in her chest too with the dragon's power. Which also makes no sense because I thought the show mentioned that those cores only resonate with people who can be a child of contract.

Swellow has the chance to eliminate his curse (even though he didn't do anything the black dragon asked him to) and HE TURNS IT DOWN. Literally his only goal in life, and he's like "eh nvm brah".

Red dragon is adamant that Eykha reborn will be an entirely different person. Yet she still seems to have innate memories, making the very fucking thing said a minute ago completely irrelevant. (she looked kinda cool though? I think?)

Ibuki delays his crowning to Eykha. Well at least that's what they want us to think. In reality he just ran into a rock in the middle of the desert, with literally no life in site in the hundred mile panorama view it showed.

This would've been way better if Lou didn't kill Gakusho and she became Ibuki's older woman queen. Would've been more logical than 99% of the other things that happened in the show.

4/10. Still better than Glasslip.
Sep 18, 2015 11:49 PM

Oct 2011
Eiha lives
Sep 19, 2015 12:45 AM

Oct 2010
This has to be the dumbest waste of time shows I have ever seen, lol. It was so horrible that it is actually hilarious. The only thing this show had going for it is, the fantastic female character design, loli beast tamer and loli twin sister.
Sep 19, 2015 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
So much plot hole bullshit not makin' sense.
Jesus Christ this was a disaster....

But I'd probably watch a sequel.

I could probably have written this show better myself, and I'm kinda tempted to do so. The sad thing is that the characters and setting could have been interesting, as one would expect from the 5 character designers they blatantly pushed in the advertising before this show aired.

Oh well, too bad.
At least the music was good.
2/10
SheasonDueruloSep 19, 2015 2:14 AM
Sep 19, 2015 2:13 AM

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that nobody felt the need to make Lou pay for her crimes and let her live but whatever, at least Eiha and Swallow didn't die so I'm happy about that

It's not even just Lou! Wtf happened to the two invading countries? Why did they stop halfway? And then they approve of the new king of the country they were weeks ago trying to conquer?
So much is blown off here, I just can't.
Sep 19, 2015 2:32 AM

Oct 2011
A weak ending for a weak show.

Pros / Cons of Chaos Dragon:

+ Good music
+ Eiha
+ White haired Eiha
- Ibuki
- The Main Character
- The contract kid
- Ibuki
- The new king
- Everything

A generous 4/10.
Sep 19, 2015 3:53 AM

May 2014
Well the fact that episode 10&11 were very nicely done in comparison to the rest of the anime and the conclusion in episode 12 upped my rating.
This episode has a nice ending after all, not too good but it is satisfying.
I say it's gone from a 5>6. Final rating 6.
This mostly thanks to character designs and animation.
Sep 19, 2015 4:09 AM
Nov 2010
I'm pleased to see Lou is alive. Except for her and a few more characters, there wasn't much to care about in this anime. It was just watchable, not much else.
Sep 19, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2010
...da f*** the dog's soul went into the girl !!! da f***

-6/10 at least the OP was hard core
Sep 19, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2013
After a decent first episode, it pretty much went downhill from there.
The end was welcome, and extremely underwhelming.
I hated Ibuki as a character, not to mention as a main character, and in the end they did everything to justify that dislike of mine.

5/10, and I'm being nice here.
Too many cooks spoiled the broth. Too many brilliant minds result in a mess of an anime with way too many styles that it no longer made any sense by the end, and nothing stood out either. Ironic really...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
Deux ex Machina airship in final ep?

I really think the show got better in the second half and found it very watchable, and very decent supporting cast.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 19, 2015 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
seriously, why does this anime get so much hate. It had a very good plot, great animation and some decent characters.I will admit the supporting characters werent great but the rest were and i think it had a very satisfying ending. I really didnt want eiha to die and she didnt so im happy about that. The visuals were also great. The character designs were amazing and the animation in general was great. Also about lou, since she took some but not all power from the red dragon, the dragon eye was able to latch on to her but because she isnt a part of the royal family, she doesnt have enough power to use it. Its pretty much a strategy by the red dragon to make sure another inori never happens again. People underrate this anime badly. At least its better than most of the harem, school, moe shit that comes out these days. Its not the best but it was still very good. My second favorite of the season behind rokka. Id give an enjoyment score of 10 because i love my action fantasies with great visuals but id give it a critical score of 8 to 8.5
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Sep 19, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2015
You gotta admit.. this show excels at making people hate it... kudos !!!
Sep 19, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2010
I wish Lou to die -_-
Sep 19, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
Best (and only) part

Sep 19, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2013
decent show

nice art, good animation.. ok CGI(ive seen worse), I love some of the character designs w/ Eiha as my favorite(the original, not hybrid)
great music

was kinda weak in the plot area though
Sep 19, 2015 7:55 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm I think is a great series, why so underrated
Sep 19, 2015 9:43 PM
May 2015
eiha fanboy, 10/10 disturbing ending
im serious, the new eiha make me feel unsure, afraid

i mean, what if someday val suddenly come out from her
Sep 20, 2015 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
At last Ibuki did something sort of good for Eiha giving her new life.(she does look awesome fuse with val)
But really annoyed me that he didn't show anything about killing his sister and showing more worry to his friends who have motives of there own minus Eiha (Even one who killed or tried to kill people he knew)
Sep 20, 2015 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
can't believe i actually stuck with this series until the end. i don't know why i even bother continuing after like three episodes lmao. overall meh anime. characters were also bland af. the only ones i actually found mildly interesting were swallow and meryl.

Sep 21, 2015 1:42 AM

Jun 2009
frequency15k said:
that was fucking retarded... 1/10

agree, but 3/10 from me
Sep 21, 2015 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
At last, it finally ends >_>
And what a way to end the series lol
Well I can accept that except that Lou is still alive while the MC is all the more clueless about her doings.

It was pathetic. Didn't even know why the both countries stop invading now >_>

And I felt bad for Inori tho.
Sep 21, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
alpha_shadow said:
Looks like people enjoyed this show. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4/10. Really boring, the only one worse anime of the season was Bikini Warriors...
Sep 24, 2015 3:04 PM
Dec 2012
7/10

For me. Perhaps an anime adaptation fails to give any justice to the story.

Perhaps a proper RPG game covering the whole TRPG will give this series the greatness it deserves.

Sometimes, there are series that isn't made to be adapted to an anime. This is one of them. I think this is the first anime to be adapted from a TRPG.
ryuixyuiSep 24, 2015 3:08 PM
Sep 25, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
5 edgies out of 10 easily the worst show this season only good thing was the music
Sep 26, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so glad this is finally over! I can quit torturing myself every week now.
Sep 28, 2015 8:13 PM
Apr 2015
2/10. Worst anime of the season. The only thing it has going for it is the music (although, that's not saying too much).
Oct 6, 2015 12:31 AM
Jul 2012
This anime would have been 200% better if ANYONE BUT Ibuki was the main character. Even that would only save this anime so much though.... Will say the effects in the OP were kind of cool, but that's about all the praise I can give this anime.

However, my question is this.... Lou spinoff series when ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Oct 8, 2015 7:50 PM
Oct 2015
This is bad anime. Especially the episode 10. Even romance gendre is better than this anime. I am So frustrating. anime lover can tell. Peace. Stop making these kind of anime in the future.
Oct 8, 2015 7:56 PM
Oct 2015
I dont even watch until the end .i stop watching when it reach episode 10 cos i knew it will be bad ending. So i decided not to watch.
Oct 9, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2015
Could not bear to make it to ep 12, had such high hopes of this anime, disappointed.
Oct 11, 2015 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
So the dragon stone used dress break on Lou. Miyu lived.

Best thing about the anime was the OP/ED songs, and the oppai.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 14, 2015 1:54 AM
Mar 2012
ED best part, love the music, and last song.
Fluffy Eykha x Ibuki ship sailed~~ best ending for the biggest trainwreck since railwars.
Character designs were interesting, fights occasionally fun, but so much derp story mashup, weird pacing. Random ideas that don't contribute or mesh well. Mixed One, Returned One? Don't need to name everything & explain like a new chess piece. Swallow had the most relateable backstory & vaguely likeable.
Oct 15, 2015 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Okay I haven't placed a comment for a while but this anime really deserved a comment. Probably one of the worst anime ever of the previous season. Really sad how they used such amazing OP and END for this anime. The beginning was pretty interesting but it went down hill and never went back up. I am giving this a 5/10 and this is because of the music.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 17, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
This series was a resounding meh.
Oct 19, 2015 6:55 AM

Jan 2011
hmm … i say, this show had an interesting world concept, some nice visuals (e.g. the 3D tracking shot - is this the right english word? - at the beginning of this episode was really good or the great diverse clothes design, at least most of them, some details looked kinda weird) and some interesting charas. BUT the whole show felt very unsteady, bad directing and character building and stuff. 12 eps way to short for that many characters and connections. think about „fullmetal alchemist“, a somehow similar world (some curses, some sacrifices, some „magic“), many characters and some kind of adventure and politics. with much better directing, a „darker“ undertone (some characters were too childish) and more time for character development and storytelling (and not so many over the top design details) the show could have been rly great. so wasted potential. what a shame … ah yeah, audio was good. so overall i mark this with 0,64. and reborn Eiha was great. as i said, to short … and they should have used this or a similar design for the character from the beginning and not that design with this weird clothes. nearly all the other characters were dressed very good. meeh …
summerwarsOct 19, 2015 7:00 AM
Dec 9, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Men..... 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
I would've given this a 10, but Lou didn't die a violent, mutilated death. Just sayin'.
Mar 25, 2016 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
This show reminded me of Akame ga Kill, but much worse.

By the way, WTF that thing it the end? I thought the MC was running towards Eiha but then he stops on a valley with a desert as a view...? -.-"

+1 to Eiha (she looked cool in the end, doesn't she?)
+1 to Gakushou
+1 to that kiss between Eiha and 'Mashiro' - best scene of the show S2 =P

Total: 3/10 =D

Tendou-kun said:
I hate that he never considered to sacrifice himself to the dragon, instead he kills people precious to him, asshole.

LoL, I thought the same thing.
I think that he was used to it already, to kill important people to him.
Either way, the characters were all ok about dying... for them it seems something natural as I go to the bathroom every day to brush my teeth...
TechOtakuMar 25, 2016 7:29 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.