Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Apr 2013
Not really
At first, I also thought it was very similar to SnK, but now? not anymore
As for quality, I'm reserving my judgment. It's a very confusing show, there are pretty equal amount of good and bad parts
Apr 26, 2015 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Well at least the vampires aren't walking Butt Naked and eating people. I actually have some respect for Krul.
Apr 26, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
During the first episode I totally felt the SNK effect... but it has gone. I don't see any SNK anymore in this anime. :)
Apr 26, 2015 8:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
>Implying that SnK coined all of these types of tropes *derp*

Regardless the only thing that's even remotely similar between this series and SnK is Yuu and Eren and even then, Yuu is barely like Eren.....For one, he's not a crybaby bitch and his personality and skill is vastly superior to Eren's

The comment about Mika made me die of laughter......My oh my how people take things for face value xD And dude please.....Shinoa>>>Mikasa based off of personality and experience alone
Apr 27, 2015 3:47 PM
Mar 2015
I can see where people would think Seraph of the end is like SnK, but it really isn't and people should stop comparing the two.
Apr 27, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
Hmm, I can't say that SnK is original either, I think maybe there are already some manga/anime about humans approaching their extinction before SnK was made.

Easiest example is NGE, many humans and living things on earth lost their lives during 2nd impact. They're building city with defense system and they make Evangelion to countermeasure the Angel attack ,compared to SnK, although not same, they have some similarities.

This theme has been done several times so I guess it's okay to use the same theme. It depends on how the author can make interesting variations with his/her story. Hell, a copy is not always worse than the original (sometimes they realize the flaws that original has and make a better variation, not always though).
Apr 27, 2015 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
How stupid, really. Doesn't give off much of a SnK vibe at all, and even if it did... Heaps of anime are similar. No need to target this, especially as it just started. Was Snk your first anime lad?

Omg look they are speaking Japanese, it's like that other anime I saw. Wtf an anime character is in this series, it copied the last anime I watched, how dare they do that?! WHAT IT'S AN ANIME, THAT'S LIKE THAT ANIME I SAW.

Smh.
May 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Feb 2011
10/10 agree with op 100%

May 7, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
More like 07-Ghost~
first thing i thought about
May 17, 2015 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
Noooooope!
SnK is just pure garbage, trash.
This anime is like recyclables, doesn't smell bad like garbage, but still disposable.
kickmesignMay 17, 2015 12:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2015 1:59 AM
Sep 2013
Oh god, shut the fuck up. This is like SnK? Cuz of the revenge motif? Cuz of the post-apocalyptic-like setting? Cuz they have a military? That's it? Those general as fuck things? Seriously? You dumb fuck fanboys see your shitty favorite shows in everything don't you?

I actually like SnK better than this in most respect but that's not the point, the point is that you're a dumb fuck shitty fanboy.

Oh, and Shinoa >>> Mikasa. All Mikasa has going for his besides her undying loyalty is that she's a tough, strong, "badass," action girl, an overrated as fuck character type. Pretty much an easy instant awesome in the minds of dumb fucks.
MrNTRMay 18, 2015 2:07 AM
May 18, 2015 2:43 AM

Oct 2014
What superpower does Yuu have again?
May 18, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2012
It really made me laugh how people doesn't even bothered to compared it to SNK when it is still just a manga and when it is already being animated by the same studio, that comparison started just like a wildfire.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
May 19, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
zilch16 said:
It really made me laugh how people doesn't even bothered to compared it to SNK when it is still just a manga and when it is already being animated by the same studio, that comparison started just like a wildfire.

This.

The Manga started almost 3 years ago. Why compare now?

Also, there are some parts they're similar but that's it overall its different.

The Theme, Concept, Settings, have been used over the years, 5, 10, 20 and so on years ago.
May 23, 2015 8:43 AM

Aug 2011
OP, you are an idiot and newfag.. SnK this, SnK that.. It's really becoming annoying lol.

Check recomendations of random romance anime -> "Shigeki no Kyojin: Very similar" - by 8 other users
Check recomendations of random mech anime -> "Shigeki no Kyojin: Very similar" - by 12 other users
Check recomendations of random drama anime -> "Shigeki no Kyojin: Very similar" - by 18 other users
Check recomendations of random hentai -> "Shigeki no Kyojin: Very similar" - by 2 other users

Maybe i should make recomendation between Boku No Pico and SnK? If I try hard enough, i should find some similarities right?

Humanity gets its shit rocked but is "fighting back"? ✔

Wimpy loser sidekick? ✔

Strong(er) female MC ✔ (Mikasa is way better)

Someone who MC thought was a friend is now the enemy? ✔

lmao. educate yourself.. that's like 50% of all shonen animes out there

Also, eren is a fag.. I'd rather watch this MC anytime over eren.
May 23, 2015 9:02 AM

May 2010
its not even that.
May 23, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2009
stefeman said:
Strong(er) female MC ✔ (Mikasa is way better)

Yuu is definitely stronger than Shinoa.
May 23, 2015 4:44 PM
May 2013
Kenjataimu said:
MC with green eyes and super powers with nothing on his mind but vengeance?

Humanity gets its shit rocked but is "fighting back"?

Wimpy loser sidekick?

Strong(er) female MC (Mikasa is way better)

Someone who MC thought was a friend is now the enemy?

Attempts to elicit powerful emotions early on with shock and awe using death of loved ones/comrades in arms

And when this show tries to be different in an attempt to establish its own identity, it fails spectacularly. Just terrible.

This show is obviously riding in on the coat tails of SnK's success and popularity in an attempt to cash in on what the authors think people want.

Somehow I doubt that AoT is the first anime ever to use all of those tropes. And yeah, it's not as good as AoT? It's like complanining that Die Hard isn't as cool as Lord of The Rings. It's not trying to be.

I think that like most people do when they complain about anime, you're massively overthinking it.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
May 23, 2015 10:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Kenjataimu said:

Strong(er) female MC (Mikasa is way better)

LOL

But seriously, you have to have the IQ of a rock to think this. Mikasa is by far, one of the most useless characters I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. She's nothing but a fan service character to those who have a fetish for muscular and clingy girls.

Also, at least Shinoa has a personality. And is useful. And a better design. Actually, just a better everything,
May 23, 2015 10:48 PM

Sep 2011
Owari is ok series but shitty? Hell no! I seen much worse and news flash nothing is original these days.
May 24, 2015 10:29 PM

Oct 2013
Owari vs snk thread. This thread is truly entertaining.
May 25, 2015 1:48 AM

Aug 2012
Owari >^10 SnK.

Deal with it.
.................................................................................
May 25, 2015 7:24 AM
Mar 2012
op, did you just describe Code Geass?
May 25, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2008
NewAgeOtaku15 said:
Well at least the vampires aren't walking Butt Naked and eating people.

That would at least make things a bit different from every other show on the market.
May 25, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2012
Guranto-kun said:
zilch16 said:

This.

The Theme, Concept, Settings, have been used over the years, 5, 10, 20 and so on years ago.

yeah, that is what I am pointing at! I can't understand why people just started comparing it when it got animated. They all just wanted to have some comparison to discussed on. And anyway, this series is so much better to watch than SnK
May 25, 2015 12:21 PM
May 2014
Romedbaumann said:
Owari >^10 SnK.

Deal with it.

7.75>8.70?
omg snk haters everywhere
snk have more fans than all of your favorites (30,454)
deal with it bro :D
tragedyloverMay 25, 2015 12:27 PM
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 25, 2015 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Romedbaumann said:
Owari >^10 SnK.

Deal with it.

The entertaining part in all this is that I don't even think snk should even be compare to this mediocre series. All these owari fans will probably forget that this series exist when it ends just like the akame Ga kill fans.
May 28, 2015 4:49 AM

Aug 2011
keragamming said:
Romedbaumann said:
Owari >^10 SnK.

Deal with it.

The entertaining part in all this is that I don't even think snk should even be compare to this mediocre series. All these owari fans will probably forget that this series exist when it ends just like the akame Ga kill fans.

To be honest, both of these series suck.. I just happen hate SnK even more.

But yeah.. whatever floats your boat.
May 28, 2015 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
stefeman said:
keragamming said:

To be honest, both of these series suck.. I just happen hate SnK even more.

But yeah.. whatever floats your boat.

"hate"? Or do you mean dislike? "hate" is a pretty strong word to use on a anime series.

I don't know what snk had done to make you hate it, but I hope you will one day find the heart to forgive it for all the wrong it has done to you.
May 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Jun 2011
keragamming said:
I don't know what snk had done to make you hate it, but I hope you will one day find the heart to forgive it for all the wrong it has done to you.
It causes me to question my own sexuality. Now I think I no longer like woman. ):

Guranto-kun said:
zilch16 said:

This.

Agreed as well. People are only doing the comparing because both shows just happened to share the same studio and music composer.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 28, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2012
keragamming said:
Romedbaumann said:
Owari >^10 SnK.

Deal with it.

Please don't take anime fans lightly. You really think that because an anime is bad, it will be forgotten that easily? Sorry but I still remember almost 150 anime that I have watched in the years passed, unless we will suddenly have an amnesia.

And if we are an Owari no Seraph fans, we will even more never forget about it.
May 28, 2015 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
Still Owari no Seraph is better than SnK in almost every way possible :)
May 28, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
Konte said:
Still Owari no Seraph is better than SnK in almost every way possible :)

May 28, 2015 3:02 PM
Jul 2012
Owari no Seraph is way better than Shingeki no Kyojin could ever hope for.

Also I wonder how many SnK fanboys will say the same about the new Muv Luv anime even though Muv Luv inspired SnK.
May 28, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
zilch16 said:
keragamming said:

Please don't take anime fans lightly. You really think that because an anime is bad, it will be forgotten that easily? Sorry but I still remember almost 150 anime that I have watched in the years passed, unless we will suddenly have an amnesia.

True words, I guess I underestimated you owari fans. Anyways I feel a bit guilty here, I don't usually go to anime forum and talk negative about a anime and its fans, unless I really dislike the anime and most importantly the fanbase. *cough cough* hxh fanbase.

Owari doesn't pass any of these requirements since I don't dislike the series or its fanbase. I'm actually pretty nuetral towards this series. I neither like it or dislike it.

My comments towards this series were half serious tbh. So my humble apologies for making those immature comments. I'm a good guy. :)

@Jakerams naruto got inspiration from hxh, but I like naruto more than hxh. Your point?
keragammingMay 28, 2015 3:44 PM
May 28, 2015 5:34 PM

May 2012
keragamming said:
zilch16 said:

True words, I guess I underestimated you owari fans. Anyways I feel a bit guilty here, I don't usually go to anime forum and talk negative about a anime and its fans, unless I really dislike the anime and most importantly the fanbase. *cough cough* hxh fanbase.

Owari doesn't pass any of these requirements since I don't dislike the series or its fanbase. I'm actually pretty nuetral towards this series. I neither like it or dislike it.

My comments towards this series were half serious tbh. So my humble apologies for making those immature comments. I'm a good guy. :)

@Jakerams naruto got inspiration from hxh, but I like naruto more than hxh. Your point?

Well, i am not angry also. That is just my own POV.

And I think your words are not immature. There are actually more immature person with immature comments here in OnS forums than yours. ^_^
May 28, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
zilch16 said:
keragamming said:

And I think your words are not immature. There are actually more immature person with immature comments here in OnS forums than yours. ^_^

Thanks..... I guess? I said immature because that's not how I usually act around here. I feel like I went a bit too far this time.

I guess I was drawn in with all this owari vs snk debate. Which I should have simple ignored in the first place.
May 28, 2015 11:57 PM

May 2014
keragamming said:
zilch16 said:

Thanks..... I guess? I said immature because that's not how I usually act around here. I feel like I went a bit too far this time.

I guess I was drawn in with all this owari vs snk debate. Which I should have simple ignored in the first place.

I was forced to comment and reincarnate on mal's forum because of another shitty random comments I read. I don't want to bash you, and I just want to enlighten your incompetence and foolish beliefs about comparing things (not only manga).

Long story short, not because majority approves it as "good" doesn't necessarily mean to be really good. In my own critically and wisely thought opinion:

"SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE."

I only copy pasted it from my mal's signature and I don't bother editing it for formalities. I just wanna shove it to your ass and criticize or understand the previous, present and next current events in that manga, SnK, which is an utter bs repeating over and over again. The repetition does not of course have the same events, but the style is. Also, the character development has turned a weird turn, not even practical in any way. DISAPPOINTING MANGA for me.

Though I only realized it on its later chapters/volume, vol. 11 specifically, so I can't really blame myself for having high expectations I had when reading all through out after the anime ended. I don't regret loving it though, at least not until volume 11 when I realized the loops I have been reading at.

Copy pasted from my comment in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/37k81e/so_i_got_a_question_about_the_anime/crojhpc
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jun 9, 2015 7:45 PM
Sep 2014
Show was never a copy of SnK unless you dont watch much anime.....tons of titles fit that checklist and SnK fits the checklist of other anime. Eren is muuuuuuuuuch worse than Yuu....smdh
Jun 12, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2014
Yes, SnK invented all the clichés and themes made in anime.
Jun 13, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2011
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Yes, SnK invented all the clichés and themes made in anime.

^ This.. sums up the thoughts of about 85% of the SnK fanbase.

I don't hate the anime, i hate these people. And due to these people, i've grown to hate the anime too.

Especially i hate the recomendations of SnK which can be found at.. about everywhere regardless the series or genres.
Jun 13, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2014
its leaning towards Tokyo Ghoul now so that makes it okay.
Jun 13, 2015 3:12 PM

Apr 2014
Haters are always going to hate. If you are to break them down, then all shows are clichés after other shows. I don't care. Move along.
Jun 14, 2015 9:10 PM

May 2013
stefeman said:
I don't hate the anime, i hate these people. And due to these people, i've grown to hate the anime too.

Especially i hate the recomendations of SnK which can be found at.. about everywhere regardless the series or genres.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Jun 14, 2015 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
All shounen are really alike with few exceptions. Anyways I find the owari kids edgier and more annoying. The MC girl is vastly different in the shows though. Also Eren has no badass mentor like the dude in Owari.

@the dude that dropped at chapter 29. I believe you dropped it right before we learn more about Shinoa. She's actually a nice character.
I love my gurlz
Jun 15, 2015 3:26 AM

Sep 2014
Well after EP11 and Yus secret power... jeah, Somehow. But u know what? I dont care. A bad copy of an entertaining anime is still better than some harem garbage (imo)
the base is somewhat the same. But its still unique enough. Psycho titans and OP as hell characters (mikasa and levi ._. ) or very weak characters with interesting connection to the enemy (Mika and yu).
WTF they are fighting with superpowers! Must be a DBZ clone! lmao...
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 15, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2012
How to prove you're a newfag and have no clue about anime ? Calling SnK original can easily do it. You have 13 anime completed, you have no idea so stop embarrassing yourself and go fap to your little overrated SnK.
Jun 15, 2015 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
At least, SnK and Owari are good materials for fujoshi.
Jun 15, 2015 11:31 AM
Oct 2013
Voduu said:
stefeman said:

Ask the fans. Once their imagination runs wild, they will connect every single detail no matter how little, absurd and far-fetch it is. To give some example,

Shingeki no Kyojin recommendations - Aldnoah Zero, Sword Art Online, Bleach, Btooom, Psycho-Pass, Naruto, One Piece, Pupa, Hajime no Ippo, Death Note, Mirai Nikki, Rainbow, Kingdom, Kuroko no Basket, and so on and so forth.

Look at how absurd the listed anime are. Shingeki no Kyojin is even recommended to some sports anime. This is no longer a recommendation in respect to "relevancy", it's a recommendation of "which anime is popular with whom". In other words, "let's connect which popular anime to another popular anime".
Jun 22, 2015 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
Congratulations, OP! You gave a list of what are some of the most major elements found in COUNTLESS other anime!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.