Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 31, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
This ending was all the action packed epicness I expected from the final episode of this show.

The only thing that truly surprised and surpassed all my expectations was Favaro kissing Amira. I was like DAMN!

Overall a really good ending this was an amazing anime and it will be missed.

~Great episode and series!!!
Dec 31, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
The first 3/4 of the series was pretty damn good. Then some random (and some predictable) stuff happened really fast to drag the series down overall.
Dec 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
Great anime, 9/10. The style of art was just really captivating and made me enjoy the anime a lot more than usual. Haven't marathoned an anime in a long time, also a great way to wrap up the year.
Dec 31, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
This show has all the best romantic moments

Aleka said:
That kiss made everything okay.

Jan 1, 2015 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
First 3 episodes made me feel like a child again , after that the series started to plummet.

The terminology barely got explained and was merely glanced over and referenced. The pacing got weird and differed by A LOT between episodes, and overall the ending felt kind of cliche.

Some of the character's stupidity also dumbfounded me , namely Amira.

Though characters like Favaro were extremely well written and made the show a ton of fun.

TL;DR Show started excellent but achieved mediocrity at the end.
7/10 (9/10 for first 3 episodes and 5/10 for rest).

P.S. Rita best girl.
Jan 1, 2015 5:14 AM

Sep 2014

Uso. Amira can't be dead :( T_T
I'm hoping she'll be back for season 2.

Since the show itself said "I'll be back" and the "Genesis" part of the title is a dead giveaway of a full franchise.

A great ending all in all, but Amiiiraaaaaaa.
Onodera-chanJan 1, 2015 5:21 AM
Jan 1, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2011
Onodera-chan said:

Since the show itself said "I'll be back" and the "Genesis" part of the title is a dead giveaway of a full franchise.
this series has apparently been confirmed to be a prequal to the series hence the genesis part, very unlikely for this to get a sequel

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 1, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Onodera-chan said:

this series has apparently been confirmed to be a prequal to the series hence the genesis part, very unlikely for this to get a sequel

Prequel to what?
Jan 1, 2015 5:15 PM

May 2010
Mmkay, so, I finally watched it, and I got probably what I've expected ever since I've watched a half of episodes.

Animation and music is overwhelming, I could listen to the OP and ED for the entire day (full versions when!). The rest is... okay-ish, I guess. It's nice to have something without the school setting, bishounens and moe (for the most time). But it doesn't mean, that the the story can be repetitive, reused, predictable... Pacing also was not that good, I'd prefer this series to have some grande finale, but nope, nothing.
Same thing with characters - they are nice, but flat, not worth remembering, this shows lacks any development, or even some kind of unique features for each of them. I haven't found any of them to be remarkable. Of course, that could be the cause of small amount of episodes, but it's still a big problem. I won't even be talking about these awful villians... It's been a while ever since I've seen this boring antagonists, I'm dumbfounded.

For me it's 7/10, I've seen this kind of plot too many times, and animation with music isn't the most important thing for me.
Jan 2, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Onodera-chan said:

What do you mean? This was the only RoB anime. This will get a sequel in some form unless they blueball us.
Jan 2, 2015 12:45 AM
Nov 2014
I won't ask for 24 ep, if this anime just last for more 4 or 6 episodes to clear things up and give all characters depth enough . It would be perfect ! Damn budget problems
Jan 2, 2015 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
This turned out to be a really great show. I really hope for more. 8.5/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 2, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
Haha, this gets a 7.99 but Akame ga Kill is a 8.05? I guess otaku pandering goes pretty far, huh.
Jan 2, 2015 10:04 PM
Oct 2013
Great animation, great soundtracks, also great characters too.

This anime took me by surprise, because Dark Fantasy genre is nothing new on every season. But when I saw the first episode....damn, the soundtrack has a grandiose-feeling, seems like to display Bahamut's power.

It's a bit rushed though, we still don't know why Martinet did all of that.
I didn't regret every single time I wasted for watching this anime, it's just that GOOD.
8/10
Jan 3, 2015 1:46 AM
Apr 2013
Gave this a 9 because it's everything I've ever wanted in a medieval fantasy anime and more. Absolutely breathtaking art and music, multifaceted characters, great action, romance...

I'm just sad it's over.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoJan 4, 2015 4:37 AM
Jan 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Dec 2014
Great show ^^v

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2015 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
Beaver897 said:
Haha, this gets a 7.99 but Akame ga Kill is a 8.05? I guess otaku pandering goes pretty far, huh.
Old news. But yes its sad.
Jan 3, 2015 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
So Favaro is the "Holy Night".
This show is awesome. Shingeki no Bahamut was such an epic ride with 12 episodes.
Dat kiss lol.

Second season?
I hope so.
Jan 3, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
Solid 8/10.
I'm not a big Favaro fan, but the bromance was good.
Amira? Pfft it's all about Rita, son!!!
Jan 3, 2015 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
GAAAAWWWWDDDD - I hate that feeling when you just finished a really good show.
That was such a good finale and a great series overall.
Literally, Kaisar and Favaro looked so badass with their hair down like that xP
I really can't get enough of how much this show became the most unexpected of the season.
It's also hard to believe that this is based off a mobile card game. I congratulate Studio MAPPA and their outstanding work.
9/10 - I feel as if there's nothing to work out with for a seaosn 2. It literally ended perfectly for me. Truly a hidden gemstone out of the fall season; people shouldn't overlook this.
Jan 3, 2015 10:11 PM
Jul 2014
That was great, although I'm wondering what happened to Lucifer? Was that him holding the barrier?

Also kind of silly that Satan and Zeus had to team up just to cage Bahamut and Favarro kills him with a thorn lol. I can overlook that cus the rest of the show was amazing, hope there's a sequel it definitely deserves one.
Jan 4, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome series overall :) 3 of the 4 great angels died just like that, Lucifer and Gabriel barely had sreeentime and I kinda want to see what Rita is up to at the end :) Jeanne should have kept her hair, I liked it when it's longer :D
Jan 4, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Now that was amazing.
9/10.

(Yeah...Don't know what else to say. ._.)
Jan 4, 2015 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
robis798 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Prequel to what?
ex_necross said:
JizzyHitler said:

What do you mean? This was the only RoB anime. This will get a sequel in some form unless they blueball us.
prequel to the video game series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 4, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
That kiss didn't make sense. Amira dying, didn't think that would pull through... Favaro and Kaisar reunite...? Welp, ddin't really like how everything ended tbh but the events leading up to it was pretty good. Art was major league awesome.

8/10
Jan 4, 2015 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
It's funny how nobody complains about Favaro kissing Amira despite the fact she's only 5 years old. Meanwhile, Rita is 200+ years old, and I'm sure people would get pissy if Kaisar kissed her.

The world is an incredibly superficial place.
Jan 5, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2013
Very impressive animation and art for the finale. I really liked the last Amira scene. Great kiss. A bit too grandiose for 12 episodes.
Jan 5, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
Aaaaaand another good show ends.... Seriously, the art and music was great. The story was rushed as hell though, and the ending even moreso. That said, it was enjoyable overall and the characters were entertaining throughout. Favaro being the charismatic lying Rogue to the end, with Kaiser his ever straight-laced sidekick.

The fate of Amira kinda left the ending on a bitter-sweet note, but even that was sort of unexpected for original anime's nowadays (they're always going for the happy/everything-resolved endings).

Here's hoping that they can think up a decent plot for a second season. I wouldn't mind watching one if it came out.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 5, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
Episode great, I really liked the story even if Jeanne did not have much to say about it.
Interesting plot until the end, but I want more, so I hope there is a sequel.
Drawings and animations very good, I'm surprised the study Map.
Soundtrack etc, very beautiful.
Final rating of 8/10!
Jan 5, 2015 1:24 PM
Nov 2014
Oddyeus said:
It's funny how nobody complains about Favaro kissing Amira despite the fact she's only 5 years old. Meanwhile, Rita is 200+ years old, and I'm sure people would get pissy if Kaisar kissed her.

The world is an incredibly superficial place.

I don't think Amira is aware of the kiss being a mature behaviour, Favaro has already told her in the first episode that love means having kiss. Otherwise, it just a plot convenience for the last episode

Also, Amira is mature compared to Rita who has a little girl look for having a kiss from Kaiser
Jan 5, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
Good show. 7/10

I'll keep this on my hard drive for a future rewatch.
Jan 6, 2015 10:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liked the beginning episodes, and then somehow was a little sleepy during the middle ones, but the last 3 episodes were fantastic. Overall, it was definitely an entertaining series. It felt like it was over the top without being over the top...if that makes any sense. Not to mention, the worldbuilding was pretty solid, the music fitting of the setting, and the art style was beautiful. As for this episode, I really liked the scene between Amira and Favaro, it wasn't at all dramatic, just them talking while knowing that Amira will be gone, and the kiss >< Also, Kaisar is the man, getting his arm cut off so they could seal the villain away. That last scene with Favaro and Kaisar racing on their horses, loving that bromance. Not too sure about Fava's goatee thing though.
Jan 7, 2015 9:28 AM

May 2013
hate how Amira disappear?.. or maybe she died?... it is so uncertain that i hate the ending

but the overall action, thrill, story, animation was very good 8/10
Jan 7, 2015 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
Awesome show overall. I liked the first episodes a little more than the last few. I don't know how I feel about a second season without Amira, that's assuming she really is dead. Which is pretty vague since she is fused with Bahamut and Favaro said Bahamut isn't actually dead.
Jan 7, 2015 11:53 PM

May 2011
An epic ending to an epic tale. Its been one hell of a ride.

It was great to see Favaro really end up being the prophesied holy knight that would save the world. Its just too bad that he wasn't able to save to Amira though. But I've gotta say that I just loved the final moments that he and Amira had there at the end. So sweet but yet so sad :(.

I don't think Amira is truly dead though. As long as Bahamut exist, she will as well. And with the way that Favaro was acting at the end, touching his ass and saying that Bahamut is still alive, I'd say that his tail is still there too haha and that's why he's so sure of it.
Jan 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2011
in the end, Favaro lost a leg, Kaisar lost an arm and Amira disappear (have to believe she did not die) and our 2 heroes continue their chasing game :)

tried this series without any expectation and it became the biggest surprise of the year for me, the animation is especially outstanding, wonder what kind of budget they get...

next season preview: Bahamut is just one of the 4 prime evils, now the other 3 will soon bring destruction to the world, once again the heroes have to unite and fight
Jan 8, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2012
The ending is so good. I wish if it was longer than 12 episodes, because I like to see Favaro more.
Jan 8, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2010
Damn Bahamut is mad broken. shooting out power beams like an Itano Circus.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2015 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
I like anime that has a prooer ending like this......And TBH I NEVER EXPECTED THIS ANIME TO HAVE A PROPER ENDING .. BUT DAMN IS IT DONE WELL.

Im pretty sure by noe everyone noticed that ALL THESE CHARACTERS ARE BISHONEN WHEN THEY CHANGE THEIR HAIRSTYLE..HEAR ME PEOPLE.. CHANGE YOUR HAIRSTYLE AND YOURE IMMMEDIATELY A BISHONE/BISHOJO. Damn Fava that half black and half red really rocks. I always thought favato design looked petty just like himself. But that hairstyle tho.

Amazing fight scenes between favaro and kaisar WHICH IS EPIC BTW.loved the amira and fava moment that couple grew on me. Im thinking Kaisar x Rita is canon. Or maybe kaisar x jeanee(but very unlikely)

A great show indeed though it suffered a bit during the middle with pacing i think? The middle was like stuffing every plot up in your nose. . i didn't like that part.

8/10 overall. Just how i expected it to be
Why be Someone Else .When the only thing you know is how to be Awesome and Fantastic!
Am I right or What?
Self Five!
I Thank You guys for having the
time to read my sig
thx!
Jan 8, 2015 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
Such a fun and surprising show. Came out of nowhere and turned out to be great. Way better than it should have been considering it's from a card game. I'd definitely watch another season. Great production values all around too.
Jan 8, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty good show.

The animation was great and the main characters were all fairly well done. The story was somewhat cliched, but it was told in a way that kept it interesting. However, there were some questionable plot points and the antagonists as well as some side characters lacked depth. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

7/10
Jan 9, 2015 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
RIP Amira.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 9, 2015 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
The most important thing in a show for me are the characters. That's the top of the line above all else one thing a show has to nail in order to get a good rating. This show.... it was amazing in that regard. The characters, yes almost all of them, are among the best I've seen in a long time. I'm not only talking character design (that mouth design is so hawt) but also character personalities.

- Favaro, a character I initially felt pretty meh about, came around and made me love him and all his quirks and traits. He plays his role so perfect I don't even know what to say here. The only drawback might be the awkward beard-thingy he got for the last episode lol.
- Rita is the cutest little zombie I've ever seen. Nothing of the oni-chan crap here. Rita is way above those ugly deformities called lolies.
- Kaisar is probably the one I like the least out of the main cast, yet I still think highly of him as a character!
- Amira is absolutely beautiful and even though her personality needs to be fleshed out, she still manages to make me laugh and care for her. Her character design is something I've been missing in anime lately. She looks amazing! A deeper love story between her and Favaro would be an amazing anime in and out of itself.

Story was okay, sound was amazing (OP is so good btw) and art was definitely top quality!

I'm giving this a strong 9/10. I love how they dared to actually cut off one of the main characters arms. Also if this would have been any other cheesy shit show then they would have come up with a different ending all together with Amira still being alive and well. Kudos for being brave!
AnimeSwedenJan 9, 2015 8:26 PM
Jan 10, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished it now, it was a fun ride!
I'll wait for the full OP and OST bgm for this.

Jan 11, 2015 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
What an incredible finale! This is the best classic adventure anime that can possibly exist in this modern era. Insanely epic, absolutely beautiful.

10/10, second best of the year, only after Mushishi.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jan 11, 2015 11:02 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending to finish of everything, however some of the aspects of these last episodes did bother me, but in general this anime sure was quite nice! Had an interesting storyline and characters together with a pretty lovely ending making it a quite good anime!
Jan 11, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2014
Episodes 1 and 2 were fan-fucking-tastic, but the plot took some poor turns and power/stakes escalated too much, too quickly.

I hope whatever studio animated this makes a sword fighting anime cause they did a fantastic job with those duels. When everything's a death machine the fights are less entertaining to watch because they sacrifice choreography for explosions

6/10
Jan 12, 2015 8:09 AM
Oct 2007
The visuals, animation and soundtrack were undoubtedly top notch. Frankly speaking, that qualify for a 8/10 for me already. The story might be questionable but definitely still above average.

The 7.97 score out of the current 20606 ratings make me want to rate the show 9/10 to give it a slight boost just because this show absolutely deserve at least a 8/10. An unexpected pickup.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
My Thoughts About the Episode :

That's that and finished already? I'm actually expecting some epic slaying of the World's Powerful Beast called "Bahamut".

Anyway maybe it was just made like that because there would a Second Season (I Hope So) in the Future because they said "I'll Be Back".

I'll rate this 8 out of 10 overall (or Maybe a 9 if I like) and I really enjoyed watching this. Second Season when?
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 12, 2015 3:41 PM

Jun 2014
The story wasn't the greatest but everything else about this series was done beautifully 8/10.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » i hate the main character ( the male )

houssam-salmi - May 17, 2015

31 by Jureidini »»
Jul 27, 2:26 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

» Figuring out gods, angels, and demons

Fukoku - Aug 28, 2023

0 by Fukoku »»
Aug 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2014

157 by johndeerdrew »»
Feb 3, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

120 by Tutsun »»
Jun 8, 2022 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.