Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 12:10 AM
Nov 2012
Marzan said:
Kirito is such a player introducing Asuna as his friend. Sinon must be confused.

Sinon and Asuna are both combat vets, as, of course, is Kirito. Asuna spent several years fighting battles in SAO where she, or the people she commanded, could really die. She knows Sinon has also made life or death decisions, and made them well. That club is a place where the SAO survivors hang out, and Sinon has now earned the right to be there.
Oct 5, 2014 12:13 AM
Nov 2012
jimbobyoo said:
Decent episode, woulda thought the top priority would of been calling an ambulance/police after she knocked out her "friend" rather than sitting their wondering if he's ok (the knocked out kid).

Right. Tie him up, make sure he's not near any weapons, and watch him closely until the cops get there.
Oct 5, 2014 12:22 AM
Jul 2014
I take back whatever I said here before. The 14th episode is actually pretty good. I just rewatched it and while it isn't as good as the LN, it is actually a good one by itself.
It will be better if they do adapt the monologue at the end, though.

I was tired when I watch this eps this morning, so maybe my brain wasn't really working well.
Oct 5, 2014 12:39 AM

Oct 2011
My heart stopped the moment Kaneki....Shinkawaka shot syringed into Krito. I nearlly died T___T Electrode saved him T__T

Sinon meeting the people she saved. Bawling my eyes out!!!!!!!

Poor Agil. Same with Klein too. Where is Silica!!!!? Other female player > ; 0
Oct 5, 2014 12:47 AM
Oct 2007
boku said:
Also just in case anyone got confused why Shino was able to shoot properly without her glasses, she has perfect eyesight. She bought and wore that pair because it's made of bulletproof glass and gives her a small sense of security despite knowing that it's impractical. Sucks that the anime left that explanation out.

Wow. That's some really interesting facts. The adaptation left that out would make the scene where Sinon confront the bullies less impactful but still a good episode to wrap the arc up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 12:54 AM

Jun 2013
SHE JUST THREW THE RADIO AT HIM HOW IS IT BACK ON THE TABLE WTF

Kirito sucks, creepy kid was owning his face. Thats just sad
Oct 5, 2014 1:03 AM

Sep 2014
Touching ending.
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
Oct 5, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2013
Honestly the ending fit the series perfectly. I wasn't expecting it to end that way, but it was solid none the less. My question is: how long will the break be for the 2nd arc? I'm not too anime savvy, but I know most of you are; so when is the 2nd arc going to start?

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Oct 5, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
King_Zelos said:
Honestly the ending fit the series perfectly. I wasn't expecting it to end that way, but it was solid none the less. My question is: how long will the break be for the 2nd arc? I'm not too anime savvy, but I know most of you are; so when is the 2nd arc going to start?
In two weeks on oct 18th.
Oct 5, 2014 2:13 AM

Jul 2013
boku said:
King_Zelos said:
In two weeks on oct 18th.

Oh? So soon? That is awesome. Thank you kindly for the speedy reply.

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Oct 5, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
What are the odds of the syringe hitting that tiny piece of electrode. If it was a wallet or badge or something, it would at least be more believable.

Basically, Kirito just added Sinon to his harem. Helping her get over her scars was just to raise the flags.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 5, 2014 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
SkyTate said:
What are the odds of the syringe hitting that tiny piece of electrode. If it was a wallet or badge or something, it would at least be more believable.
Considering Shinkawa has medical knowledge and was aiming for his heart, maybe just a tad bit more believable.
Oct 5, 2014 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode but it would be much more dramatic if Kirito had died, that would be an instant 10/10. Oh well you can't have everything. And so GGO arc AKA Phantom Bullet arc came to an end w/ the good ones winning over the bad ones. Now did Kirito introduce Asuna just as a friend? WUT?! One more reason to hate that playboy. So Caliber and Mother Rosario coming next, MR will be the best Asuna is the main character there I've been informed W00t!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Oct 5, 2014 3:33 AM
Mar 2014
deanzel said:
And Kirito saves Sinon. He's the messiah once again (but this time more by pure luck). Sinon wants his cock so bad now even though she doesn't show it and joins the line with Asuna and the others. Then drama and tears ensue. Time for the next arc.

Also, I'm sure that this was Asuna's true reaction to Kirito's introduction of her to Sinon as just a "friend":

Hahahaha, yh, I noticed that too, just a friend? OMFG she's way more than that, but the inner player of Kirito couldn't get those words out of his mouth in front of Sinon
Oct 5, 2014 3:54 AM

Jun 2010
I've heard mother's rosario is the next arc? TIME FOR THE REAL FEELS!

nvm it's exalibur arc before rosario ;o
-MgZ_Oct 5, 2014 4:34 AM
Oct 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
Heh nice episode, but of course Kirito came out unscathed...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 5, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 2011
Kirito needs to get into the gym and stop playing MMOs he got manhandled by that creep even after landing a nose breaking knee
Oct 5, 2014 4:42 AM
Jul 2014
Well, Asada gains back several badass points this episode, which makes up for the ending of last episode.

Also a meeting of the Harem Club at the end. Just missing Kirito's sister.

Still, a good story overall. Looking forward to the next arc.
Oct 5, 2014 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
A good end for the Arc... or is it?
What happens after this? A new game, or will they go back to AFO?
Thinking about what might come next is more fun than watching this episode :D
Oct 5, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2011
I'm just waiting for Sinon to realize that Kirito and Asuna are together. Kirito being too flirty -.-
Oct 5, 2014 5:12 AM

Nov 2012
Meh I had hope for Asuna-Shino jealousy scene, but episode turned into something weird.
Oct 5, 2014 5:32 AM

Jun 2008
InsertPriestHere said:
minouneetzoe said:

Oh yeah, Asuna rekt Kyoji with that radio. Kinda make me want to throw a radio on someone.

I lol'd at this.

The true hero of this episode is the company that made that radio. No only didn't it knock-out that guy but it was perfectly fine afterwords to put on the table and be used again. It didn't break at all. That's quality for you.

zephiris said:
Kyoji, why?~~
For someone who could not become a doctor, he certainly know exactly where to inject the drugs accurately. Even I can't find the midclavicular line/V4 lead through a shirt like that while shaking all around, talk about experience.

That was the true tradegy. The world lost a great doctor. Obviously Shinon and Kirito are evil doers.
Oct 5, 2014 5:34 AM
Oct 2011
Asuna, friends. She must be really mad.
Oct 5, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2013
I can't believe this. Did they really go so far as to having Kirito introduce Asuna as a "friend from SAO" and she didn't even react to it, just for the pointless and nonsensical sake of keeping that "maybe-romance" between him and Sinon going?

How is that even possible? First Sinon laying essiantially on top of Kirito while Asuna watches the live-feed without any comment and now this?
I don't expect realistic relationships in a anime (especially in SAO) but come on, every other girl would punch him in the face and leave at this point. They have gone through life and death together in SAO, saw themselves as married couple complete with a 'child'... and she is okay with Kirito introducing her as "friend from SAO", not even someone special, just a friend like the blacksmith girl...

How he survived the injection was complete bullsh*t btw. That tiny spot, really?
DancingJackOct 5, 2014 6:03 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 5, 2014 6:04 AM

Sep 2014
Yes it was incredibly absurd to call Asuna a friend, and her reaction was even more absurd but... They'll have the Caliber arc to make their relationship clear to Sinon.
Oct 5, 2014 6:09 AM
May 2014
It was a good arc but with too much (unnecessary) talking and an Asuna who didn't show her anger about how Kirito acted, for example the scene in the cave (no reaction from Asuna) or the scene where Kirito referred to her only as a friend when he introduced her to Sinon.
Oct 5, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
he was saved by an electrode! talk about being lucky
Oct 5, 2014 8:06 AM

Sep 2014
Damn feels got to me at the ending of the episode ;-;.

Hope next season gonna be as good as this one.
Oct 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
Finally, the pacing of the last few episodes was terrible. Now gotta wait 2 weeks for next arc.
Oct 5, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2007
Seriously people. They were to about present her with the MOST triggering thing in her life, that makes all the memories of her trauma come back.

Everything before hand(picking her up by school making her feel needed, Kirito introducing her by targeting her sense of pride, them offering her friendship, etc) was all about setting up a positive emotional state to survive that.
Oct 5, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2013
An fitting end to a amusing arc:)
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
I thought the family kirito was going to bring out was going to be the robbers family. :/ so whats next a new vrmmo?
Oct 5, 2014 10:03 AM
Apr 2011
Why did Kirito introduce Asuna to Sinon as his "friend" and not his "girlfriend"? Seriously I was waiting for Sinon's reaction if she realizes that Kirito has a girlfriend.
Oct 5, 2014 10:04 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
Seriously people. They were to about present her with the MOST triggering thing in her life, that makes all the memories of her trauma come back.

Everything before hand(picking her up by school making her feel needed, Kirito introducing her by targeting her sense of pride, them offering her friendship, etc) was all about setting up a positive emotional state to survive that.

[Whoeversaidthis]Give this man a piece of Ukraine[/whoeversaidthis]

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 5, 2014 10:38 AM
Apr 2012
Perfect episode to end the GGO arc, it hit all the right notes. Bravo. Seeing Sinon overcome her fears withh that first step was beautiful and the final scene with the little girl and her mother was so touching, Reki Kawahara damn you for making me cry yet again! Seriously one of the best episodes of any series this year. Up there with several Mahouka episodes and NGNL episode 6.

As for the arc as a whole it was of course amazing but not quite up there with Aincrad and Fairy Dance, still a 10/10 arc though.
Oct 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
SAO is so nice whenever they're not in the real world, because when they are I swear the dialogues, the development and plot take a terrible nose dive.

This episode was cringeworthy for oh so many reasons.

1. Sinon tried to escape the rapist, door locked... not for Kirito though!
2. Plot armor Kirito. Better look like you're suffering from an incoming heart attack... oh wait I'm fine lol.
3. Tried to rape me but I wanna see him and also seem to care about him.
4. They were SAO murderers aka IRL murderers... but for some reason after SAO (1st arc) ended they weren't put in jail (was this ever explained?)
5. Lol I lose all fear to guns over night just because.
6. Harem grows.
7. Apparently convincing people with jobs from outside town to come just to cheer up a teenager is very easy.
8. Sinon the hero. There was not one person that implied how she actually saved people though, back when it actually happened.

I have yet to know what happened with Sinon's mom... I feel like I'm missing something. Was this also ever explained?

I think the only reason why I like SAO is because the concept of a vrmmo is just that attractive to me, add top tier production values and it certainly looks like a nice package.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 5, 2014 12:28 PM
Nov 2009
I would've probably gotten more feels if Sinon just stopped acting tsundere in the whole episode. It makes sense that she will trust people less because of the incident but the tsundere stuffs just gets me especially after all that happened between her and Kirito. Still a touching end to this arc nonetheless.
Oct 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2009
I'm probably too critical about SAO due to my distaste of it, but my thoughts:

1. The girl at the end was cute, but it was clear that she didn't really understand what was going on (as illustrated by her looking at her mom and mimicking her bows) Having her give Sinon that picture feels kind of out of character and capabilities (She's like 4?) I know they put it in for added feels (and I thought the woman herself was a good touch) but I don't know

2. I would think Asuna would be more irritated at being called a friend rather than being introduced as his girlfriend. The fact that he hasn't mentioned it to Sinon either just feels very wrong. Like they want to play with the whole harem fantasy (where all these girls like him)

3. This arc has been rather.. anti-climatic. I was hoping for something major to happen to someone close to Kirito that would somehow chip away at his perfect character (him facing the trauma of people he killed before was interesting, but didn't affect nearly enough things over all) Sort of like way back in the early first season when they get trapped in the dungeon and everyone but him dies (Something I'm actually surprised doesn't haunt him more than killing those laughing coffin people)

4. Sinon's trauma healed pretty fast upon meeting Kirito. I can suspend my disbelief that he'd be a person capable of doing that, but the pacing felt off. Heck , when she mentions that she wants to see that guy that assaulted her, I felt like that was way too soon within the context of events. She's just only now starting to truly get over guns and she wants to see the guy that was ready to rape/kill her? Sure she knew him before that, but I feel like that would make it even more traumatic for her in comparison.

Though I'm happy that potentially we wont have to deal with her gun fears for later episodes. As interesting as that was, I probably would have gotten annoyed if it was an issue throughout the entire series.
Oct 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2014
Infatuate said:

I'm also curious about Sinon's mom. I think Sinon moved away or something. Or her mom's still in the countryside. No idea.

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2009
Asada's definitely becoming more like her GGO character sinon, it was nice seeing her grow a backbone defend herself against a psychotic attack from her "friend" and then standing up to those bullies, good for her! I'm finally starting to like her!

Kirito's a jerk, he should have introduced Asuna as his girlfriend, I mean sure he wanted sinon to feel comfortable and happy before making her confront the woman she saved, but he had several chances before to tell asada the truth when they were playing GGO. Jerk >_>

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Oct 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
Infatuate said:
SAO is so nice whenever they're not in the real world, because when they are I swear the dialogues, the development and plot take a terrible nose dive.

2. Plot armor Kirito. Better look like you're suffering from an incoming heart attack... oh wait I'm fine lol.
4. They were SAO murderers aka IRL murderers... but for some reason after SAO (1st arc) ended they weren't put in jail (was this ever explained?)
6. Harem grows.
7. Apparently convincing people with jobs from outside town to come just to cheer up a teenager is very easy.
8. Sinon the hero. There was not one person that implied how she actually saved people though, back when it actually happened.

I have yet to know what happened with Sinon's mom... I feel like I'm missing something. Was this also ever explained?

I think the only reason why I like SAO is because the concept of a vrmmo is just that attractive to me, add top tier production values and it certainly looks like a nice package.

1. Sinon unlocked the door during previous episode, and also during the intro of Ep 14.
2. In LN it was shown that Kirito rushed out of the hospital in a hurry, ergo leaving some electrodes on. This scene was cut from anime.
3. So what?
4. It was explained that there was no way to identify who did what in the game. Also, there is an element of secrecy needed. Indeed the only resource is the testimony of other players, which may not suffice in a court of law.

TL;DR after 4: I think you simply had problem understanding the show.
Oct 5, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2014
Infatuate said:

6. Harem grows.

1. She unlocked the door right before Shinkawa pulled her.
2. Well, lawl.
3. He tried to rape her, ok... but he actually helped her a lot in her life.
4. They didn't have the name of the guild they were part of, and nobody could remember all the LC members names.
5. She didn't.
6. Nope.
7. That teenager saved both her life and her daughter so... I think i could spare few hours a day to go and cheer her.
8. After that 'incident' she probably didn't go to school for a few days, enough time for people to make a shitload of rumors.

I don't remember about Sinon's mom tho.

Oct 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Woot, Kirito to the rescue. :3

Shino is saved, that crazy kid is put into some mental hospital, and all is good this first part of SAO II. :3
Now...what next? More hunting for the other Death Gun.....if there's another one, or so I read. :P I don't know, there's still 10 more episodes for this anime.
Another.....switch up like SAO? o-o Nah, they wouldn't do that again. :P

But whatever, this was a peaceful anime....around the ending I mean. :3 Shino is thanked by some person who was saved that one day a few years ago. :3 That's sweet of her, and that little girls drawing~! :3

Yeah, cool episode and all. :3
Oct 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
This episode felt weird on many occasions. So... Sinon wants to see the nutcase that tried to rape her, but for some reason she's still acting like a total tsundere towards Kirito, who just decided to fake being mortally wounded, or something. Yeah, okay.

And then there's Kirito introducing Sinon to his "friends", lmao. That's such a cheap way to hold our attention. And the blacksmith girl's reaction, what the hell? Plus, the black guy that helped him SAO gets completely ignored? Many lols were had in the whole bar scene.

Regardless, the ending was touching, and it concluded the arc well. Since i generally dislike tsunderes, i hope Sinon doesn't appear often from now on.

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 5, 2014 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
Why are the replys vanishing so much? like, wtf.

Oct 5, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2007
Infatuate said:

6. Harem grows.

OH look. More generic trollbaiting from attention deficit disorder people

1. You clearly see Sinnon unlock the door before Yandere-kun grabs her legs.
1. You mean Medically trained person, trying to stab in the best result to reach the heart, stabbed right in the place where medically trained person placed an electrode to achieve best result at monitoring signal. What a surprise~ Not. You do know that they teach in medical schools on how the best it is to reach the heart right? IF Yandere-kun was not a medically trained person(thus targetting same location a nurse would place an electrode on), Kirito would be dead.
3. She understands he is fucked up in head and she knows she is too. An she is strong enough to face her trauma by now. All it shows is the progress in her character.
4. Because you would need to prove which character was who. Good luck doing that with dozens upon dozens of people. That's what the government official we see in this ep and in the premiere was responsible for. And that's how Kirito knows him as he has been giving him information on possible murderers, etc.
5. Except you see her freaking out the seconds latter. She simply is more tolerant now, but not fine, as the anime clearly portrays by her having a panic attack right after she leaves the girls. Trauma within GGO made her face up to the trauma she was running away from. She is not over it, but she is progressing towards better now.
6. Except Kirito is interested only in one person and others have given up on trying and moved past that.
7. Yes when that teenager saved that person's life and is suffering for that. Either you are a sociopath or have no grasp on human psychology.
8. Except that you clearly see the guy pointing the gun at the clerk and then getting distracted by Sinnon. IF Sinnon hadn't done what she did, not only her mother could been shot but the clerk too, since the guy was clearly trigger-happy and unstable.

But keep on hating. There are plenty of slice of life shows that are simple enough to comprehend even for you~
Oct 5, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2014
My favourite moment of this episode was Lisbeth trying to hit Kirito but missing and falling up the floor tbh.
Oct 5, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
This was meh episode, needless melodrama. Nothing they couldn't done in few minutes.
Not to mention Asuna there was just weird. And that post-woman with her daughter and those three bullies too.
I would do without this one.
Oct 5, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
I laughed at 21 minutes in.
Oct 5, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode, im glad Sinon finally realized that she was wrong.

I thought Kirito was done for there but what am I talking about hes the protaganist.

And now a new arc beings...!

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.